PDA

View Full Version : Rumors about CoD7

StrykerSwat
3 May 2009, 10:21am
Well we already know that Infinity Ward is making a Modern Warfare 2
but since this is gonna be the last CoD game for Treyarch they said that they wont do anymore WWII games

that is a good news the bad news is that well idk wat is the bad news

but It said rumor:CoD7 might be placed on Vietnam War
either that they are making up there own Cold War

Call of Duty 7:The Cold War
or
Call of Duty 7 : Vietnam

Heller told Official Xbox Magazine that "we are showing the final battles of the Pacific and the European Theatre and that lets us put a close to the war," and "we're happy that we put the war to bed," meaning no more World War II-era shooters for them. But around the same time, he also said. "I can't say that there won't ever be a WWII Call of Duty game again."

so just have ur fingers crossed and hope for no more WWII games
and hope for a good old Vietnam War game

I mean really people
Vietnam War is really a great thing to do

i just hope the Rumor is true because i have not seen/played a Vietnam War...well

since Battlefield:Vietnam

i just hope this is a 2nd Vietnam War,that i have heard of, next to the BF:Vietnam

i just hope the storyline is good and online too.

More Info on:

http://kotaku.com/5237870/rumor-call-of-duty-moving-on-to-vietnam

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/05/01/call-of-duty-7-in-vietnam-cuba/

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/20/call-of-duty-producer-hints-at-end-to-wwii-games/

Trogdor
3 May 2009, 11:05am
Cold War would be kind of bad imo, but a Vietnam one might be cool.

XeNo
3 May 2009, 11:24am
Shit should really just die out already.

Italian Jew
3 May 2009, 11:54am
It would be hard to do a good Vietnam game because all that happened was search parties trotting about in forests looking for "Charlie". There were some air base and village raids, but nothing where you could build a game around it. Others have tried and failed hard when it came to Vietnam, but if any series could do it, it would be CoD.

It might serve better to create a fictional Cold War universe where they would not be restrained by not having any large battles or raids available. They could make up their own storylines while creating a pretty immersive experience for the player.

Whatever it is, I hope Treyarch doesn't screw it up.

Ultramarine
3 May 2009, 01:28pm
It would be hard to do a good Vietnam game because all that happened was search parties trotting about in forests looking for "Charlie". There were some air base and village raids, but nothing where you could build a game around it. Others have tried and failed hard when it came to Vietnam, but if any series could do it, it would be CoD.

It might serve better to create a fictional Cold War universe where they would not be restrained by not having any large battles or raids available. They could make up their own storylines while creating a pretty immersive experience for the player.

Whatever it is, I hope Treyarch doesn't screw it up.

They could have the Siege of Ke Shan, Tet Offense, Battle of Hue... tons of large battles happened in that war... Battle field Vietnam is the best Vietnam war game i ever played... Theres also that battle in We Were Soldiers... could having something along those lines...

Psyche
3 May 2009, 01:39pm
Cold War would be the soviets vs us in arms race to watch their military peens get bigger, oh yeah and escalate into war (almost)

Blue Wolf X53
3 May 2009, 01:40pm
A Vietnam CoD would be good because there aren't that many good vietnam games. One hope I have is that they do a Korea war CoD

Dracula
3 May 2009, 01:41pm
Id like to see them take it to the Afgan-Soviet war that would be interesting and would a lot of stuff to play around with.

andre1028
3 May 2009, 01:52pm
Can we fucking have a Future COD already? I'm tired of the past and present.

ReGIONALS
4 May 2009, 08:10pm
i think they should at least remake call of duty 1 for the 360 it was a great game with fine graphics for its time i wish it was on console though

Determined2Win
5 May 2009, 04:47am

This please ^

Jaffa
5 May 2009, 05:10am

Try Tom Clancy games, can't remember the title, but they did one set in the near future.

I hope they stay away from jungle settings in COD. They didn't do them very well in COD: WOW, and i doubt the way they script their levels and design them will work very well with it.

I'd much rather see a COD game with improved AI, not just the repackaged one they have used since COD2.

Lux
5 May 2009, 05:54am

Depends really.

If its in the future it has to be good.

aka not some Halo shit, something more like Half Life.