PDA

View Full Version : Shot4Shot

Huwajux
2 May 2009, 03:58pm
Could we please not allow CTs on PrisonBreak to award a shot4shot last request to the remaining terrorist player? I know last request is not technically a rule anyway, but disallowing this kind of things saves a lot of hassle and time-wasting.

When a terrorist asks for a S4S last request they have to clarify with all of the CTs that they are allowed to go to the armoury, then trek all the way to the armoury to get a deagle, trek all the way back, get in position, sort out who is starting first, and eventually begin the duel which in itself lasts on average about 30-50 seconds depending on the skill level of the two players. This is worsened when the Terrorist wins the duel, because then he has to go trek all the way to the healing room, trek all the way back, then the CT finds out he doesn't have a deagle, he treks all the way to the armoury, treks all the way back, they get in position and then it's a timeout.

This is the most gruelling thing to watch and is infuriatingly annoying when someone decides they want a S4SLR. If we were to not allow S4S anymore then rounds would be a lot quicker and people would get a lot more play time without someone hogging it all. A knife fight is just as good, if not better, since it's 10x faster than all the hassle involved with S4S.

Neji
2 May 2009, 04:06pm
I agree, When I play on PB I always have to wait because somebody asks for s4s. We should just have gun toss or knife fight or we shouldn't have LR at all.

Dracula
2 May 2009, 06:14pm
So youd rather have them stand around and do nothing? Dosent that sound like a better idea. Most people WILL NOT KNIFE FIGHT, I really dont know why but they dont like to and this is much better then having a T that decides he just wants to go swim in the pool or dance.

Bethy
2 May 2009, 08:44pm
I see where you're coming from and I dislike waiting for a new round to start as well. But the rounds aren't that long, and making so many rules only complicates the game even more than it already is.

trakaill
2 May 2009, 10:41pm
So youd rather have them stand around and do nothing? Dosent that sound like a better idea. Most people WILL NOT KNIFE FIGHT, I really dont know why but they dont like to and this is much better then having a T that decides he just wants to go swim in the pool or dance.

^What he said! most people dont like knife fight so youd rather have them stand around???? wait for the end of the round? LR is awesome and if you put the god damn script on it be easier as it gives you a deagle...

I see where you're coming from and I dislike waiting for a new round to start as well. But the rounds aren't that long, and making so many rules only complicates the game even more than it already is.

^very true....if some CT decides to give a t a s4s I dont see it really fair for admins to go around a slay the CT ZOMG S4S is not allowed here!?!

Huwajux
3 May 2009, 08:06am
^What he said! most people dont like knife fight so youd rather have them stand around???? wait for the end of the round? LR is awesome and if you put the god damn script on it be easier as it gives you a deagle...

^very true....if some CT decides to give a t a s4s I dont see it really fair for admins to go around a slay the CT ZOMG S4S is not allowed here!?!
There are other alternatives such as a gun toss or a spray contest, which are a lot faster than S4S. Perhaps we could just add a script purely for S4S where the last Terrorist would say !s4s, and if the Cts agree on giving him his last request, they would also say !s4s and both receive deagles. If the terrorist wins his health could then be restored to stop the huge time gap between duels.

Also, if the above is not possible, I agree that it will be a bit strange telling people not to use S4S as a last request. Would the aforementioned script be possible? With as little drawbacks as possible?

Dracula
3 May 2009, 08:10am
There are other alternatives such as a gun toss or a spray contest, which are a lot faster than S4S. Perhaps we could just add a script purely for S4S where the last Terrorist would say !s4s, and if the Cts agree on giving him his last request, they would also say !s4s and both receive deagles. If the terrorist wins his health could then be restored to stop the huge time gap between duels.

Also, if the above is not possible, I agree that it will be a bit strange telling people not to use S4S as a last request. Would the aforementioned script be possible? With as little drawbacks as possible?

Thing is all of those thing were FOR HOSTIES MOD, not the program with the pop-up menu but the original servers we got this idea from and those maps were made specifily for all of those ending things. Many of those are hard to do when the map is not optimized for them.

Silentfaith
3 May 2009, 05:35pm
You guys do know that "Last Request", isn't a "Official" Server rule, unless it had been recently added within the past week.

It is just out of courtesy.. and S4S is awsome..

Server Rules
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11735

ReneGade
4 May 2009, 11:16am

This script could be very difficult to implement, depending on how useful and not game wrecking u wish it to be. I can think of easy ways to do it but they all have easy to complain about issues that arent covered.

Maxwelldon
4 May 2009, 02:08pm
Honest, the rounds are NOT that long. Consider of a server where the round time does Not apply.. That is long wait since you can go on forever instead of solid ~5min.
I'd say leave it be as it is since it's fine currently. Messing around with S4S can ruin the game because folks like it at times would ruin the gaming experience on PB server completely if you suddenly get slaid for going at S4S.
- Also, yet again once again it would be hard time to enforce since we'd just get hated for doing so.

Suri
6 May 2009, 07:53am
READ the new MOTD