PDA

View Full Version : [Rejected] mg_cannonfodder

Smiling
2 May 2009, 02:07pm
This map was made by me and I cant think of any better place to put it but here just the first version will have more soon

click on the link for more info and two screen shots that suck

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/93367

it was a good idea never tested with other humans couldn't find a way to

Neji
2 May 2009, 03:48pm
what's the point of this map?

Smiling
2 May 2009, 05:44pm
one lucky T fires the giant cannon at the knife fighting teammates and enemys on the other side of the map
the idea is fun a simple but will be a lot of T Ks

Shadowex3
2 May 2009, 08:29pm
So it's basically smash cannonz mixed with piratewars with one cannoneer and nothing breaking or anything interesting happening? May as well just have a knife fight in a field with random moving trigger_hurts.

Smiling
3 May 2009, 01:25pm
So it's basically smash cannonz mixed with piratewars with one cannoneer and nothing breaking or anything interesting happening? May as well just have a knife fight in a field with random moving trigger_hurts.

Hey i worked hard on this and this is just the first version hammer crashed alot on me and your support SUCKS

yardy
4 May 2009, 01:51pm
I think as well that tehre would be too much tk,s. Why not give it a try... well I think every member of steamgamers should have their maps tried out

Shadowex3
4 May 2009, 02:22pm
Hey i worked hard on this and this is just the first version hammer crashed alot on me and your support SUCKS

This isn't disneyworld and I don't work here, I don't have to kiss your ass just because you can make a rectangular box and follow a cannon tutorial. The entire concept of this map is a bad idea, it's not a good idea that just needed better execution and a few good suggestions.

Post something that's a genuinely good idea but just flawed in execution and you'll get praise, support, and suggestions. Post something that's just straight team deathmatch with one dude randomly killing peopel with a cannon and you'll get shot down for:

1. not being a minigames map (normal CSS team deathmatch != minigames)
2. one dude randomly killing people in #1 just leads to whining and fighting
3. there's nothing even remotely unique about the arena.

Now if you'd had one guy in a position where he gets to randomly rearrange the floor/walls of the arena or something while they float over something interesting and knife fight then you'd have the start of a decent minigames map.

Trogdor
4 May 2009, 03:34pm
This isn't disneyworld and I don't work here, I don't have to kiss your ass just because you can make a rectangular box and follow a cannon tutorial. The entire concept of this map is a bad idea, it's not a good idea that just needed better execution and a few good suggestions.

Post something that's a genuinely good idea but just flawed in execution and you'll get praise, support, and suggestions. Post something that's just straight team deathmatch with one dude randomly killing peopel with a cannon and you'll get shot down for:

1. not being a minigames map (normal CSS team deathmatch != minigames)
2. one dude randomly killing people in #1 just leads to whining and fighting
3. there's nothing even remotely unique about the arena.

Now if you'd had one guy in a position where he gets to randomly rearrange the floor/walls of the arena or something while they float over something interesting and knife fight then you'd have the start of a decent minigames map.

I agree, you dont have to kiss ass but, you did come off a little harsh and there really isn't a need for that. HE thought it was a good idea and HE took time on it. Do I think it's a good concept either? No, I do not but I'm not going to "shoot him down", like you said, because he tried. Constructive criticism will make him work harder. These types of comments (your intro not the last part) dont help.

As for the actual map, I think it needs some work. The suggestions Shadow said were really good so think about those. See what you can come up with because it needs a liittle more than a cannon with a knife fight. Keep trying.

Neji
4 May 2009, 04:05pm
Well maybe you should put a cannon to the other team, T's are gonna win easly