PDA

View Full Version : Some what new to steam about ban rules

angrysake
30 Apr 2009, 04:09pm
I've been banned from servers that have VAC on CSS but i was wondering if i tried to play "left 4 dead" or the new game "killing floor" will i be able to or not?

andre1028
30 Apr 2009, 07:04pm
Any game with the same Engine (which in your case is Source) will have you banned from all servers. CSS,DOD,HL2:DM,L4D,TF2, Dark Messiah M&M for example.

Crimson
1 May 2009, 12:00am
I'm pretty sure Left4dead isn't VAC protected.

But all those other games Andre listed are VAC.

Drox
1 May 2009, 06:34am
Yes L4D has VAC protection, you'll still be banned from every VAC enabled server. Now, that doesn't mean you can't play online at all, you just have to join a server that doesn't have VAC on (which tends to be very few).

Red
1 May 2009, 09:20am
Any game with the same Engine (which in your case is Source) will have you banned from all servers. CSS,DOD,HL2:DM,L4D,TF2, Dark Messiah M&M for example.

This is how it works.

I am banned from CS1.6, as such I can't play original DOD, TFC or Halflife

I CAN play the new Source based games, thank god.

So you will want to sign up for a new steam account for all your new games.

SATAN
1 May 2009, 12:06pm
I am banned from CS1.6

I knew you hacked!!!

You hacker...

Red
1 May 2009, 12:24pm
:(

PotshotPolka
1 May 2009, 01:24pm
I thought you hacked on DoD with walls?

Red
1 May 2009, 01:31pm
DOD with lambert models

XeNo
1 May 2009, 04:19pm
My first steamid is banned from 1.5 until 2018.

Red
1 May 2009, 04:24pm

Is that how long vac bans last?

god damn

XeNo
1 May 2009, 04:59pm

god damn
I'm pretty sure they just slap a random number on the end. ban steamid 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999 and call it a day.

PingPong
1 May 2009, 05:16pm
:(
Its ok red, i know how you feel. I had ONLY 1.6 on my old account and was new to steam when my friend suggested hacks so of couse i went ok sure. Im banned withthin a few hours and thenn when im playing on non vac a server goes down and asks me for my info saying they need it so i can play on that server again. Me being a noob back then fell for it, got my acouunt hacked. I bought a new one with the half life pack and css. He mustve been pissed when all it had on that old account was vac banned 1.6 :rlol:

Shadowex3
2 May 2009, 01:21am
Lol. And here I feel like the one guy at college that doesn't drink alcohol since I was working with counter-hack and other admin groups before there even were opengl hooks. I remember teaching admins to counter the old aimbots by modding their maps to include solid color pixels for red and green in random places.

Repus
2 May 2009, 02:29am
You should all have perm bans, dam hackers!:angry:

andre1028
2 May 2009, 10:06am

god damn

I'm kind of sure the early version of VAC banned for about two years but was quick about it, instead of being slow and a perm like the new VAC is. But that's just a guess, I don't remember much.

XeNo
2 May 2009, 10:09am
You should all have perm bans, dam hackers!:angry:
vac's protection system detected mp3 winamp as a hack.

That's how I got my ban, they supposedly fixed it and reversed all bans, but I already had a new steam by then.

And my old one was still banned, I can't find it anymore to check if I'm unbanned or not.

angrysake
2 May 2009, 12:34pm
I'm pretty sure Left4dead isn't VAC protected.

But all those other games Andre listed are VAC.

What about "killing floor" do you know if they have vac on that?
plus i played l4d yesterday and i didn't get kicked

Leon
2 May 2009, 12:52pm
Why would you hack in the first place? Eventually you'll get noticed and get banned perm or as they explained for a certain time. As for getting a new account if you highly dont want to pay for the games for a high price look at some sites such as Ebay (BUT BEWARE ITS NEVER USED/OPENED) There are some idoits that sell Steam games as brand new but clearly states as opened.

The first game i bought was HL2, but at that time i didnt know any better since Steam was very new to me, but somehow the guy managed to send it to my account without having to go get a brand new one. Yay me! :]

Neji
2 May 2009, 04:11pm
This is how it works.

I am banned from CS1.6, as such I can't play original DOD, TFC or Halflife

I CAN play the new Source based games, thank god.

So you will want to sign up for a new steam account for all your new games.

I was banned too...

But anyways, you still can play servers that don't have VAC Protection.
If you can't find one then go on http://www.game-monitor.com and you can find a lot of servers that don't have VAC protection.

Really? I though the ban is perm.

BOOWY
2 May 2009, 05:54pm
I've hacked too. It was close to around the time that I bought Condition Zero(when it came out). More than anything I was curious. And then me in my infinite stupidity associated Condition Zero with the account that was banned from VAC so I couldn't play CZ online. The account was banned for a year. I can't even remember what the account name is anymore.

*waits for Mercy to say something*

Oh and angrysake, that image you have in your sig... I have that poster on my wall. :toung:

angrysake
2 May 2009, 11:32pm
I've hacked too. It was close to around the time that I bought Condition Zero(when it came out). More than anything I was curious. And then me in my infinite stupidity associated Condition Zero with the account that was banned from VAC so I couldn't play CZ online. The account was banned for a year. I can't even remember what the account name is anymore.

*waits for Mercy to say something*

Oh and angrysake, that image you have in your sig... I have that poster on my wall. :toung:

So do I. Well not anymore had to take it down