PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler's Epic Bankruptcy

LegalSmash
30 Apr 2009, 11:14am
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Chrysler-to-get-up-to-8B-from-apf-15087171.html

Well look at that, we could have done that a year ago, without dispersing TARP, thanks a few billion congress.

Red
30 Apr 2009, 11:39am
What a waste of fucking money

Slavic
30 Apr 2009, 11:42am
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Chrysler-to-get-up-to-8B-from-apf-15087171.html

Well look at that, we could have done that a year ago, without dispersing TARP, thanks a few billion congress.

So true.

Atleast if the deal goes through they are going to kick out Chrystler's CEO and appoint one from Fiat.

Also the article seems to mention a union agreeded pay cut; im assuming to keep the workers working during the restructuring of the company which is always a good thing.

The funny thing is, I bet a shit load of bad decisions carried out by our Congressmen could of been averted if we switched from 24 hour news cluster fuck to segmented news reports like it was back in the good ol' days. The media hyping up this ecconomic crises and completly forgeting that free markets typically rebound from these things causes the public to go raving mad which in turn pressures law makers to make bullshit laws.

RedOctober
30 Apr 2009, 06:30pm
this is a completely normative statement but I'm glad Chrysler went under.

I have a Chrysler vehicle and it is a piece of shit. it completely falls apart at 100,000 miles and it is expensive to repair!

BOOWY
30 Apr 2009, 08:47pm
Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm on the fence on whether it was worth the spending, on the one hand they've had fairly consistent sales throughout the years but looking at the way it is now the only notable thing you could say about Chrysler(the division) was the 300, and that is at a fairly high price point for what I think is an ugly looking car that's not quite sure if it wants to be luxury or affordable. To it's credit the 300 and it's variants have won a few awards. I'm not quite clear on this but is this just the Chrysler division or is it everything? I'm assuming it's the whole thing. I'd be sad about Dodge going bye bye as I'd really like a Dodge Stealth or a 3000GT someday.

zero
1 May 2009, 08:29am
Hopefully, this wont be an issue when it comes to warranties. I just bought a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins Turbo Diesel last year that still has four years of warranty left. Luckily, the truck is known to be fairly solid. I have yet to bring it in for any warranty work.

Italian Jew
1 May 2009, 11:21am
I think the government is still backing the warranties.

Wrathek
1 May 2009, 11:32am
and even if they didn't.. the company will still exist. they are merging with fiat, not disappearing.

LegalSmash
1 May 2009, 01:54pm
Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm on the fence on whether it was worth the spending, on the one hand they've had fairly consistent sales throughout the years but looking at the way it is now the only notable thing you could say about Chrysler(the division) was the 300, and that is at a fairly high price point for what I think is an ugly looking car that's not quite sure if it wants to be luxury or affordable. To it's credit the 300 and it's variants have won a few awards. I'm not quite clear on this but is this just the Chrysler division or is it everything? I'm assuming it's the whole thing. I'd be sad about Dodge going bye bye as I'd really like a Dodge Stealth or a 3000GT someday.

Except for the fact that the non big three make ricers that are better priced and more reliable than the hunk of shits that have come out of UAW shops since 1980 onward.

zero
6 May 2009, 10:11am
It should also be noted that as part of their Chapter 11 filing, Chrysler will be repaying NONE of the 7 BILLION dollars of taxpayer money it has received thus far.

Red
6 May 2009, 10:16am
It should also be noted that as part of their Chapter 11 filing, Chrysler will be repaying NONE of the 7 BILLION dollars of taxpayer money it has received thus far.

hush

the public doesn't need to know the details

YES WE CAN!

Harbor
6 May 2009, 10:56am

agree and my friend just bought a stealth O.o be jealouse im getting a supra

Ambulancia
7 May 2009, 07:24am
1 down, 2 to go

Slavic
7 May 2009, 09:29am
1 down, 2 to go

GM maybe, but from what i've been reading about Ford, they seem to have prepared a bit incase they were to experience huge decrease in sales and credit.

zero
7 May 2009, 10:53am
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090507/business/general_motors

GM burns through 10.2 billion in 3 months... that's 113 million a day! O.o

Red
7 May 2009, 11:06am
Sweet.

Hopefully the Unions run it well!

/massive sarcasm

LegalSmash
7 May 2009, 10:25pm
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090507/business/general_motors

GM burns through 10.2 billion in 3 months... that's 113 million a day! O.o

Can they just give me .002 of their daily expense? I'd be completely out of debt and be able to purchase a home and contribute to the economy, start a law firm and hire.

Harbor
8 May 2009, 07:35am
i read somewhere that if instead of bailouts they gave all that money equaly to everyone everyone would get like over 25grand or something idr the exact number

Red
8 May 2009, 09:18am
Can they just give me .002 of their daily expense? I'd be completely out of debt and be able to purchase a home and contribute to the economy, start a law firm and hire.

LOL that would require them to use the money in a productive manner, wrong party.

They'd rather give it to black holes and leaches with negatives ROIs

tank40175
8 May 2009, 10:03am
All of the bailouts were a waste, and this just goes on to the ever growing list of why. These companies will still go under due to bad buisness decisions they have made. People were thinking American based companies...American jobs. But they employ far more in Canada and Mexico, than America. My last OTR Driving job was on an "Automotive Acct" Made Deliveries for the big 3, and spent all my time across borders. But when I got runs for the ricers, I was state side ALL the time.