PDA

View Full Version : [Abandoned] Hidden Infection

Svendy
30 Apr 2009, 08:50am
-:"Hidden Infection":-

Total Time Spent on script to date
1-2 hours

What is my script about?
i got this idea of having humans infected, without anyone knowing. one human will catch the infection after 10 sec, his goal is to infect all humans. there will be no real visable change ingame. the infected will recive 1000 hp with no speed boost. the mod will for FF on.
watch out, the guy behind you might want to kill you. you have to kill the infected and avoid shooting your own team

Completion Percentage?
60% ??

Current Map Plans/ What I will be doing
get it beta tested and fix plausible bugs

Screenshots
N/A

Link to FPSB WIP
N/A

Programs Im using
Notepad++
Internet Explorer
Counter-Strike: Source

Script By
[SG] Svendy

Ohter Notes
... you are welcome to discuse and add sugestions this mod

Jaffa
30 Apr 2009, 09:05am
Will there be a kind of punishment if you kill an innocent? What stops someone simply killing everyone?

Svendy
30 Apr 2009, 09:11am
the limit of the teamkills the server allows, admins and if this does not work well, i'll have to come up with some thing

Ms. Blargh
30 Apr 2009, 09:13am
could you make it if you kill a non zombie you die too?

cakeshark
30 Apr 2009, 09:51am
but if there is no way to tell people apart... there is no way for some to be skillful in this mod. will there be some kind of tell when you shoot a team mate, that lets you know it was a team mate you shot not a zombie? i dunno, seems to me like youll have to shoot everyone, and if FF is on... that just makes it annoying. people will get kicked for teamkilling and then not come back.
the only thing i can think of is that the infected person can't instantly infect you with one hit, they have to kill you or something (maybe start with 2 infected this way). so at least you have a heads up you are about to die.
will the infected humans be able to carry weapons? i guess if they cant that would be a good tell, just look for the guy with only a knife..

Svendy
30 Apr 2009, 12:21pm
could you make it if you kill a non zombie you die too?
yeah i can do that

but if there is no way to tell people apart... there is no way for some to be skillful in this mod. will there be some kind of tell when you shoot a team mate, that lets you know it was a team mate you shot not a zombie? i dunno, seems to me like youll have to shoot everyone, and if FF is on... that just makes it annoying. people will get kicked for teamkilling and then not come back.
the only thing i can think of is that the infected person can't instantly infect you with one hit, they have to kill you or something (maybe start with 2 infected this way). so at least you have a heads up you are about to die.
will the infected humans be able to carry weapons? i guess if they cant that would be a good tell, just look for the guy with only a knife..

the infected must use their knife to infect ohter humans, if people gets to confused annoyed about it i can add a tiny amount of red color to their models or make the red once damaged.
my basic idea was to have the humans being afraid of who is around them and to avoid shooting at a teammate. i can add a function like the one in Freekill-Tell to let them know if it was a human or not. i'm also trying to figure out how to eleminate all damage done but the weapons the infected caries, just to make it a bit more unknow who is not infected, to limmit the amount of FF i will lower the humans hp to 50 mabey and then the one who shot will anounce if he is clean

also my intention is to make teamwork an absolute must to susceed in this mod, that is the 'skill' you will need

cakeshark
30 Apr 2009, 12:38pm
ah i see. will this be implemented on a new server?

Svendy
30 Apr 2009, 12:53pm
hopefully, if it gets suscesfull as funrounds on one of the servers it might be, i got my hopes on it

cakeshark
30 Apr 2009, 01:15pm
cool well let me know if you need people for testing it, sounds fun.

andre1028
30 Apr 2009, 02:47pm
Sounds like one of those fucked up horror sci-fi movies where there are a group of people together. And one of them is secretly a killer robot :P

SneakySnake
30 Apr 2009, 06:56pm
Maybe put this on AVP? Aliens vs Predators vs Humans, but a human is infected.

Simon [I R JAWZ]
30 Apr 2009, 11:01pm
i like that :O

LVG
1 May 2009, 01:05am
Souns alot like a mod i seen for garrysmod..

Svendy
1 May 2009, 01:28am
@ andre:
lol yeah :P

@ sneaky:
if the AvP mod and zombie mod can be disabled then i guess it can, atm i'm trying to make it a stand alone application

@LVG:
hmm idk i havent played gmod in over a year

to the rest:
thanks for you support :D

Movement
6 May 2009, 07:12pm
cant wait till ur done tell me when ur about to test it cuz i like testing

Lefty
6 May 2009, 07:47pm
Love that part with friendly fire.

Svendy
7 May 2009, 12:19am
i'm gonna play around with this and a few ohter scripts later today, in this face it, will most likely be a closed alpha test

Gumpy
7 May 2009, 12:41pm
You should call it chlamydia mod...

(von dutch) delta force 8
8 May 2009, 05:52am
You should call it chlamydia mod...

HAHAHAHA, suppose you know what you're talking bout ^^

anyways, maybe let they eyes of the infected glow slightly red

Svendy
8 May 2009, 07:23am
that would require a new skin... and i dont really think i'll call it chlamydia mod... sound like something it aint :P

10 May 2009, 08:03am
maybe if you make the new skins sexy women named chlamydia ;)

Bad Dog
10 May 2009, 04:18pm
I dont see how this will work..when the human becomes Zombie, even if the skin still LOOKS human, wouldnt pressing TAB to see the scores/teams reveal who is hidden zombie..?

Svendy
11 May 2009, 03:39am
i'm pretty sure, i can find a solution to that

Paronic
11 May 2009, 06:14am
I dont see how this will work..when the human becomes Zombie, even if the skin still LOOKS human, wouldnt pressing TAB to see the scores/teams reveal who is hidden zombie..?
By time u av tabed and seekd the infected , he may have already got u.

11 May 2009, 01:21pm
just make it that way you cannot tell friend from enemy ingame as in when you go over a player with your cursor and you see wethere he's a T or a CT, disable that and evrything's solved

PingPong
11 May 2009, 08:37pm
Wouldnt it be better to just leave it the way it is, terrorist are terrorists and ct's are ct's and theres no diffrence at all. That way there would be no way of knowing.

Kappa The 3rd
11 Jun 2009, 07:22pm
Or sounds alot like john carpenters The Thing
Thats exactly what your idea reminds me of, and if you could execute it without everyone going and killing everyone else I think it would be a awesome map

cakeshark
11 Jun 2009, 11:17pm
still making this svendy? would be a nice new take on zombie escape.

Svendy
12 Jun 2009, 01:20am
all my standalone game mods are currently on hold, fixing up a few things for the servers and having my exams. after the 19th i'll get back to work on them

Movement
17 Jun 2009, 10:28pm
u should take off radar too that would give away if its ct or t. i wonder if someone can make a mod like the game hidden cuz it doesnt work for me

Svendy
18 Jun 2009, 05:43am
fuze, i'm still writing them up...

as for HI,
I've done a quick rewrite to python, i haven't tested it yet, but a few things I've added and will be testing tomorrow afternoon (sorry guys its atm not ready for public testing):

kicking for having radar enabled
kicking for having hud_showtargetid enabled
given the infected a slight red glow
all friendly fire which does not kill the teammate, with be canceled out
all damage done by infected not using a knife as long as they are not killed, will be canceled out
added random spawn time for the first infected

Bill Smauz
18 Jun 2009, 07:21am
This totally reminds me of the movie The Thing.

Svendy
18 Jun 2009, 07:49am
haha i have no clue, i've never seen that movie :P

chaoslee12
18 Jun 2009, 12:50pm
awesome I would like to test the mod out when the time comes svendy and as a option maybe just lower the amount of ammo starting with to normal amountor like 200 bullets with each gun and such so there has to be teamwork.

Svendy
18 Jun 2009, 01:28pm
i'm using default ammo

Movement
1 Aug 2009, 08:34am
whats the health ganna be on the infected

Xtrm
1 Aug 2009, 12:40pm
I had an idea like this a while back. Glad I finally see someone has the talent to do it.

Farmer Mick
1 Aug 2009, 01:28pm
this to me sounds exactly the same as hidden source the hl2 mod

Svendy
1 Aug 2009, 04:34pm
lol i gotta get back to work on this one :P
mick, it would be kinda like hidden source + zombie mod, or as others have said 'the thing'

the health... i was gonna do 500 hp as default

1 Aug 2009, 06:11pm
yea, 500 is okay. the infected will hae a hard time taking on 2 or more people while handling one person shuldnt be such a problem..

BTW: how is the infection gonna work out, will it be like zombie mod infection or different?

Boobcake
10 Aug 2009, 02:02pm
This totally reminds me of the movie The Thing.

Lol I was thinking exacly the same, Im seeing those CT's testing blood lol.