PDA

View Full Version : My computer is wacko

VirDeBello
3 Nov 2007, 02:48pm
It started on Friday when I wanted to play on the ZM server. I started my music and got on the server while it was loading in I minimized it and opened up Vent and then when I open up CSS again, it was lagging badly and I thought oh my computer probably has to catch up with itself for minimzing while it was loading. So I closed down CSS, joined the server again and it was still laggy. So I close down CSS and maybe think I started another CSS game so I (because that has happened to me before) look down at my G15 LCD screen and I am using 100% CPU just running my music. Open up Task Manager and nothing is running that shouldn't be and it acts up like this for the whole day and just running Mozilla is making me run at 100% CPU. It takes a minute for me to switch between songs so I say fuck it and play some Halo 3. I turn it on today and it is perfect, I can go on Mozilla without laggy crap happening to my neither my music. So wtf happened? Was it a virus? Adware? Spyware?

Omega
3 Nov 2007, 03:32pm
scan your comp for viruses.

raven maniac
3 Nov 2007, 04:16pm
what happens is mp3's take up alot of cpu usage, more than you'd think it actually does, and when you play a game or multitask while ur playin mp3's it bogs out the pc. Like a couple of weeks ago i had a bunch of webpages open,adobe photoshop, and css then when i opened up my mp3 folder and started playin music my pc restarted b/c the load was too high for my cpu. In most cases if your pc is actin up when u play music just restart it and it should be fine. btw whats your pc specs? incase its just your comp

VirDeBello
3 Nov 2007, 07:02pm
what happens is mp3's take up alot of cpu usage, more than you'd think it actually does, and when you play a game or multitask while ur playin mp3's it bogs out the pc. Like a couple of weeks ago i had a bunch of webpages open,adobe photoshop, and css then when i opened up my mp3 folder and started playin music my pc restarted b/c the load was too high for my cpu. In most cases if your pc is actin up when u play music just restart it and it should be fine. btw whats your pc specs? incase its just your comp

Nvidia 6800
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
2.09 GHz 1.5 Gigs of Ram
And Comcast Cable
lol I think thats it

I also never had a problem with CSS and music playing at the same time, unless I minimized CSS to open up Vent or check the forums or my e-mail.

Omega
3 Nov 2007, 07:18pm
scan your comp for viruses.

^