PDA

View Full Version : Idk if this has a place here...

Bad Dog
27 Apr 2009, 06:43pm
ww

Frostbyte
27 Apr 2009, 06:44pm
Rest in peace.

Bad Dog
27 Apr 2009, 06:46pm
Rest in peace.

?

PotshotPolka
27 Apr 2009, 06:53pm
Idk if this has a place here...

It really, really doesn't.

Bad Dog
27 Apr 2009, 06:56pm
It really, really doesn't.

I disagree. Taxing it would creat like over a billion dollars in revenue. Somthing around that number

Bad Dog
27 Apr 2009, 06:57pm
Whatever just like take it down sorry for bein dumb

Dracula
27 Apr 2009, 06:58pm
Can we ban him from this section for double posting?

PotshotPolka
27 Apr 2009, 06:59pm
I disagree. Taxing it would creat like over a billion dollars in revenue. Somthing around that number

Fucking chump change.

And obviously your first post betrays your own agenda.

andre1028
27 Apr 2009, 07:29pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10580

:)

Italian Jew
27 Apr 2009, 08:08pm
So what was he talking about?

PotshotPolka
27 Apr 2009, 08:33pm
The already rehashed, respun, argued to oblivion debate over how it would be a:partydance: if weed was legalized.

LegalSmash
27 Apr 2009, 10:20pm
LOL. there should be a requirement that people have to read the rules and search for a topic prior to posting about it.

Bad Dog
27 Apr 2009, 10:23pm
I feel like ive just been politically raped xO

LegalSmash
27 Apr 2009, 10:48pm
I feel like ive just been politically raped xO

No, you just didn't really say anything or post anything, I got on and it was a "ww", and that was it.

I'd find something interesting on any of the many sites out there with articles, read it, make some comments and questions, and post it.. its not that difficult.

Also it would probably help you to read about a post and see the opinions, and maybe state your commentary based off new, nonrecycled commentary.

Simon [I R JAWZ]
27 Apr 2009, 11:07pm
ww

wait...what?

PotshotPolka
28 Apr 2009, 05:53am
Well he's not a flamer, but yes, if you're interested on a topic, asking about is acceptable by all means, provided it is not done so in a retarded fashion.

Also he editted the post to say that.

cakeshark
28 Apr 2009, 06:55pm
:sad: im an activist on this issue.. you are not doing your cause well by poorly representing it.

The already rehashed, respun, argued to oblivion debate over how it would be a:partydance: if weed was legalized.

that is not what legalization is about.

PotshotPolka
29 Apr 2009, 06:28am
:sad: im an activist on this issue.. you are not doing your cause well by poorly representing it.

There was already a legitimate thread on this a week ago, if you'd like to look back a page or two.

LegalSmash
29 Apr 2009, 08:46am

No, but the arguments advanced by most people arguing for legalization are rather polarizing or facetious.

If people would realize that the trouble caused by legalization would greatly outweigh the benefit in taxation (10-100 B is not that much given the amount of social services bullshit to support the health problems and unemployment caused), they would see that decriminalization, or at least reduction of penalty in possession cases to a fine without jail time or court appearance would be much less costly and bring in much more money.

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 09:40am
yeah I dont believe it will become legalized ever. not until the logging, oil, and pharmaceutical industries collapse. but decriminalization needs to have happened yesterday. getting a record and fines or jail time is ridiculous for possessing some dried up flowers (especially if you werent distributing).

LegalSmash
29 Apr 2009, 10:43am
yeah I dont believe it will become legalized ever. not until the logging, oil, and pharmaceutical industries collapse. but decriminalization needs to have happened yesterday. getting a record and fines or jail time is ridiculous for possessing some dried up flowers (especially if you werent distributing).

You obviously didn't read what I said:

Fines are appropriate, Jail time and wasting court resources are not. I could care less if they fine any one they catch with a schedule 1 controlled substance a reasonable fine for possession, use, and transport the substance, anything from 50 to a few hundred, depending of what they had and in what condition, is appropriate (not just a dried up flower, despite your insistence).

I think individuals selling, trafficking in, or distributing controlled substances against the law, however SHOULD be given jail time, because said activity is a serious community problem.

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 10:53am
You obviously didn't read what I said:

Fines are appropriate, Jail time and wasting court resources are not. I could care less if they fine any one they catch with a schedule 1 controlled substance a reasonable fine for possession, use, and transport the substance, anything from 50 to a few hundred, depending of what they had and in what condition, is appropriate (not just a dried up flower, despite your insistence).

I think individuals selling, trafficking in, or distributing controlled substances against the law, however SHOULD be given jail time, because said activity is a serious community problem.

i was sort of agreeing with you and splicing in my own thoughts last post..
i disagree with your sentiments now, but everyone is allowed an opinion.
and cannabis is just a dried up flower. prove to me how it isn't a dried up flower.

PotshotPolka
29 Apr 2009, 11:09am
yeah I dont believe it will become legalized ever. not until the logging, oil, and pharmaceutical industries collapse.

Are you on fucking weed or something? Oh, wait.

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 11:18am
Are you on fucking weed or something? Oh, wait.

do some research. its those primary industries that lobby the most to keep weed illegal (dont forget alcohol and tobacco lobby for it too).

and please dont attempt to insult me. i am not high right now, but if i was.. so what?

LegalSmash
29 Apr 2009, 11:48am
do some research. its those primary industries that lobby the most to keep weed illegal (dont forget alcohol and tobacco lobby for it too).

and please dont attempt to insult me. i am not high right now, but if i was.. so what?

I am not insulting you, but your position is ludicrous and poorly thought out. The pharmaceutical industry would GAIN if pot was legal, because it is another market they could corner and profit from, the logging industry doesn't really have any stake in the development or stunting of the development of a legalized/decriminalized movement, unless you are considering pure esoterics, oil is a nonissue in this situation altogether. Its seems to me as if you are another high school/college age bandwagon NORML member who is quoting directly off the "fun facts about weed" coloring book they give their new members.

Regardless of the actual "flower" element of it, the "flower" contains a controlled substance, the same argument you use could be used to say "coca leaves, khat, opium poppies, and peyote should be legal because they are "'just plants'". This argument is a slippery slope, as well as illogicall, there are many things which are naturally occuring which are illegal to posses, Uranium ore for example, plutonium, AIDS virus, various virulent bacteria and other biological agents are illegal for private possession.

It is my sincere hope that they will one day remove incarceration and court appearances for possession charges from the table when it comes to combating drugs in regards to marijuana only. I still believe that trafficking, dealing, and other activities related SHOULD be proscribed against and SHOULD be punished, because its an activity contrary to keeping civility and order in society. The sale of ingestibles SHOULD be regulated to keep retarded assholes from selling potentially harmful or hazardous substances under the guise of "Safety" and "naturally occuring". Before you go off on a self righteous argument about alcohol and tobacco, please notice that both of those carry warnings, and are heavily controlled by federal, state, and local authorities, as well as heavily taxed.

The Alcohol and Tobacco lobbies do not have a completely antithetical position to the "pot industry", they can invest in it, produce their own, and sell it under subcompanies, making a princely sum in the process. Even if the whole thing was to go bad and fall on its face, they still can write off the expense and profit in the end, so where exactly is the downside for them?

Again, I have no issue with someone in their home smoking, I frankly don't care, however, where kids are exposed, you do it in the open, or for whatever reason get caught doing it, I believe a fine, rather than court appearances and jailtime, are the appropriate remedy to both boost coffers, and save money and court/law enforcement resources. The fine should be fixed on the amount you are caught with, and it should be treated like a parking ticket in my opinion. If you pay, take a class, etc (all which you pay the state/fed for), the record is expunged, if you don't, X stays on your record for Y years, which would incentivize paying, and perhaps even gaining some educational insight on the shit you are smoking.

I'm not anti-pot, I'm anti stupid half cocked legislation, which is something that cross the board legalization WOULD result in.

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 02:24pm
I am not insulting you, but your position is ludicrous and poorly thought out. The pharmaceutical industry would GAIN if pot was legal, because it is another market they could corner and profit from, the logging industry doesn't really have any stake in the development or stunting of the development of a legalized/decriminalized movement, unless you are considering pure esoterics, oil is a nonissue in this situation altogether. Its seems to me as if you are another high school/college age bandwagon NORML member who is quoting directly off the "fun facts about weed" coloring book they give their new members.

Regardless of the actual "flower" element of it, the "flower" contains a controlled substance, the same argument you use could be used to say "coca leaves, khat, opium poppies, and peyote should be legal because they are "'just plants'". This argument is a slippery slope, as well as illogicall, there are many things which are naturally occuring which are illegal to posses, Uranium ore for example, plutonium, AIDS virus, various virulent bacteria and other biological agents are illegal for private possession.

It is my sincere hope that they will one day remove incarceration and court appearances for possession charges from the table when it comes to combating drugs in regards to marijuana only. I still believe that trafficking, dealing, and other activities related SHOULD be proscribed against and SHOULD be punished, because its an activity contrary to keeping civility and order in society. The sale of ingestibles SHOULD be regulated to keep retarded assholes from selling potentially harmful or hazardous substances under the guise of "Safety" and "naturally occuring". Before you go off on a self righteous argument about alcohol and tobacco, please notice that both of those carry warnings, and are heavily controlled by federal, state, and local authorities, as well as heavily taxed.

The Alcohol and Tobacco lobbies do not have a completely antithetical position to the "pot industry", they can invest in it, produce their own, and sell it under subcompanies, making a princely sum in the process. Even if the whole thing was to go bad and fall on its face, they still can write off the expense and profit in the end, so where exactly is the downside for them?

Again, I have no issue with someone in their home smoking, I frankly don't care, however, where kids are exposed, you do it in the open, or for whatever reason get caught doing it, I believe a fine, rather than court appearances and jailtime, are the appropriate remedy to both boost coffers, and save money and court/law enforcement resources. The fine should be fixed on the amount you are caught with, and it should be treated like a parking ticket in my opinion. If you pay, take a class, etc (all which you pay the state/fed for), the record is expunged, if you don't, X stays on your record for Y years, which would incentivize paying, and perhaps even gaining some educational insight on the shit you are smoking.

I'm not anti-pot, I'm anti stupid half cocked legislation, which is something that cross the board legalization WOULD result in.
i agree with you on all points in your last paragraph. my statement about not insulting me was directed to another member not you. please research how hemp can produce paper easier and cheaper than wood (putting the wood pulp industry down), how hemp is easy to grow and produce your own medicine from (which is why pharma wont gain anything with legalization), how hemp can be used to produce fuel that would make crude oil obsolete, how alcohol is the primary investor of funds to a drug free america, how big tobacco spends millions each year lobbying against any kind step forward for cannabis... even medical use.

as for cannabis being dried flowers.. it is just that. coca leaves? you gotta process that shit to make cocaine. opium poppies? again there is alot of refinement before morphine or heroin comes out. cannabis? dry it out and light it on fire (you dont even need to dry it out!)
im gonna have to come back to all your other points because it is too much for me to digest right now lol.

LegalSmash
29 Apr 2009, 02:35pm
i agree with you on all points in your last paragraph. my statement about not insulting me was directed to another member not you. please research how hemp can produce paper easier and cheaper than wood (putting the wood pulp industry down), how hemp is easy to grow and produce your own medicine from (which is why pharma wont gain anything with legalization), how hemp can be used to produce fuel that would make crude oil obsolete, how alcohol is the primary investor of funds to a drug free america, how big tobacco spends millions each year lobbying against any kind step forward for cannabis... even medical use.

as for cannabis being dried flowers.. it is just that. coca leaves? you gotta process that shit to make cocaine. opium poppies? again there is alot of refinement before morphine or heroin comes out. cannabis? dry it out and light it on fire (you dont even need to dry it out!)
im gonna have to come back to all your other points because it is too much for me to digest right now lol.

Again, do something more than just quote the NORML pamphlet at me please. These are all the same tired ass arguments I heard from potheads at law school. I know I shouldn't expect more from you, but PLEASE do better, because the points are pretty moot and pounded.

PotshotPolka
29 Apr 2009, 02:46pm
I'm still waiting to hear how I could power my Jeep with a bushel of hemp :confused1:

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 02:47pm
Again, do something more than just quote the NORML pamphlet at me please. These are all the same tired ass arguments I heard from potheads at law school. I know I shouldn't expect more from you, but PLEASE do better, because the points are pretty moot and pounded.
then why dont you research and find the truth out for yourself. if you already know this info and choose to not believe it well... there is no point to this argument then. and PLEASE stop being condescending. i am not being an ass to you, please show me the same respect.

I'm still waiting to hear how I could power my Jeep with a bushel of hemp :confused1:
lol its not the raw plant, refined matter i speak of. google can surely show you the answers.

PotshotPolka
29 Apr 2009, 03:12pm
then why dont you research and find the truth out for yourself. if you already know this info and choose to not believe it well... there is no point to this argument then. and PLEASE stop being condescending. i am not being an ass to you, please show me the same respect.

lol its not the raw plant, refined matter i speak of. google can surely show you the answers.

..........your shitting me. I'm seriously supposed to believe I can stick illicit controlled substances into my gas tank and magically drive?

You make it extremely hard not to be condescending dude.

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 03:20pm
..........your shitting me. I'm seriously supposed to believe I can stick illicit controlled substances into my gas tank and magically drive?

You make it extremely hard not to be condescending dude.

no you can't do what you just said.. think? i mean, they make biofuel out of corn. when you hear that do you think they just shove corn cobs in their gas tank?
this thread is just going to get hostile huh.

PotshotPolka
29 Apr 2009, 03:25pm
no you can't do what you just said.. think? i mean, they make biofuel out of corn. when you hear that do you think they just shove corn cobs in their gas tank? i can see this is just getting hostile.

Biofuel is a joke, with the exception of sugarcane ethanol, which produces 7:1 energy ratios. Corn ethanol is virtually 1:1, and is caustic to many engine components.

Your the one that keeps throwing up the smokescreens that I'm being too hostile, or is that how "scholarly debates" are mediated in schools be teachers these days?

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 03:27pm
RESEARCH IT. hemp biofuel is much different than e85. and you are being too hostile. i got on here to show my viewpoints and listen to others. not to bicker and get slighted.

LegalSmash
29 Apr 2009, 03:47pm
I'm actually quite versed in the subject, I'm also familiar with the arguments, I'm a lawyer and have a criminology undergraduate degree, and spent at least 12 semester hours in classes directly related to controlled substances taught by superliberal hippies from the 1960's that all advocate decriminalization in the manner I just did. I'm good on research, but nice of you to suggest. Again, your arguments are the same arguments that NORML was spewing back in 2001 when I was a college freshman, its fact, I'm not being condoscending here, you are misinterpreting. In short, your position is not convincing to me, or most people here, because the info is based on suffers from several fallacies, such as failing to take into account the FDA procedures, Pure food and drug act, the realities of geoglobal politics, and the current quality and method of development of items you say can be magically created with hemp. It would also do well to remind you that non psychoactive hemp IS allowed in the US, grown in 2 states, several other states are attempting to allow growth but the agencies within the federal government are resistant

In 2003, the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) published "Economic Costs of Drug Abuse," which stated without separately analyzing cannabis related costs, the United States was spending $12.1 billion on law enforcement and court costs, and $16.9 billion in corrections costs, totaling $29 billion
THIS is where decriminalization would come in handy. To me, saving the 29 B and using for other measures, like actually preventing serious crimes, funding education, etc. would be a good idea, further fines imposed rather than jailtime would result in more financial contribution by said users of the substance, further contributing to state and federal budget... smoke your shit, but pay your fine if you are caught.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3418

Here, basically, every argument you've made here, is contained somewhere on these guy's website. I'm not being condescending here, I'm just being honest, come up with something thats not older than the milk in Potshot's fridge. As for respect, you are getting respect, we haven't laughed you out of here, calling you names like some others have experienced, but we aren't going to give you a friendly reach around because you can copypasta whats been said for the past 40 years, when you come up with a point that hasn't been used more often than paris Hilton's anus, someone will deliver you a coupon for your complementary handjob, until then, back to the drawing board.
I do NOT hate the drug, I find the arguments contained by the proponents to be less than persuasive, if not in some cases completely retarded.

Lastly, Biofuel as a whole is a FUCKING STUPID IDEA

PotshotPolka
29 Apr 2009, 03:53pm
RESEARCH IT. hemp biofuel is much different than e85. and you are being too hostile. i got on here to show my viewpoints and listen to others. not to bicker and get slighted.

Yeah, it could be used in the SAME manner as many other biofuels under research currently, but they usually amount to basically CHARCOAL. I looked online for your hemp articles, and all I found was internet gibberish, not a single hard article besides the hempcar thing. You show me some goddamn excel sheets from an accreditted University willing to actually prove this thesis and I might listen.

And do you not think you will be slighted for suggesting using a currently illict drug in any form as a method of transportation, and tell me to research when you fail to grace me with this information to uphold your own argument?

Red
29 Apr 2009, 03:56pm
The hemp/cancer/glaucauma etc etc etc argument is fucking retarded and is a sad attempt by NORML stoners to make their arguments seem serious

Here's my simple take on it.

People smoke it TO FUCKING GET HIGH, the same reason people drink/smoke cigarettes/do any other substance. Cut the crap with the other excuses. It should be legal simply because it's a HUGE waste of money to enforce pot laws, and it's in my opinion, safer than people who go out and get drunk as fuck and safer than smoking a pack of cigs a day.

How many stoners get into fights when they're high versus people that are drunk? Stoned drivers drive slow as shit and drunk drivers drive fast as shit, I'll take stoners over alcoholics on the road.

That's it, it's that simple, don't sugar coat it with some stupid hemp argument.

PotshotPolka
29 Apr 2009, 03:58pm
come up with something thats not older than the milk in Potshot's fridgeI sir, resent this, I am neat in my culinary manners.

LegalSmash
29 Apr 2009, 03:59pm
The hemp/cancer/glaucauma etc etc etc argument is fucking retarded and is a sad attempt by NORML stoners to make their arguments seem serious

Here's my simple take on it.

People smoke it TO FUCKING GET HIGH, the same reason people drink/smoke cigarettes/do any other substance. Cut the crap with the other excuses. It should be legal simply because it's a HUGE waste of money to enforce pot laws, and it's in my opinion, safer than people who go out and get drunk as fuck and safer than smoking a pack of cigs a day.

How many stoners get into fights when they're high versus people that are drunk? Stoned drivers drive slow as shit and drunk drivers drive fast as shit, I'll take stoners over alcoholics on the road.

That's it, it's that simple, don't sugar coat it with some stupid hemp argument.

See cake, THATS how you make a pot argument, now remove your dick from the cactus and try again.

Slavic
29 Apr 2009, 04:22pm
We should set up low key possession laws similar to those passed in Mexico a few years back.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193616,00.html

Basically the whole idea behind these laws is to balance risk from more legal drug use and cost in drug enforcement. If you can effectively cut the operation costs in a particular field of law enforcement by allowing a certain amount of drug abuse to go unchecked; then you could use this extra funding to mitigate any problems caused by these lax laws.

The idea behind legalized personal drug use is to prioritize the drug enforcement budget to bank roll law enforcement that can be used to reduce violence, theft, and extortion. Typically an individual drug user does not commit such invasive acts, these violent trends are frequently found though in the actual drug business. The less money we spend stopping individual users; the more money we have to fight dealers which are responsible for a good deal of violent activities.

The great thing about legalizing personal possession is that fines can be used to direct locations of drug use. Jack up fines and community service for those found using drugs around schools, shopping malls, and other public places. I know for a fact that my pot head friends would never bother to smoke in a public place if they had the freedom to partake at their own homes.

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 04:34pm
i guess i did not come in this thread prepared or willing to engage in a level of conversation this deep. i deeply regret ever typing a word to this thread. i yield you are all correct. weed should not be legalized. :hail:

PotshotPolka
29 Apr 2009, 04:54pm
People that are unable to come to terms with the fact that sometimes others pose stronger arguments than them probably shouldn't make threads here.

:hail:

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 05:12pm
People that are unable to come to terms with the fact that sometimes others pose stronger arguments than them probably shouldn't make threads here.

:hail:

i didnt make this thread :biggrin1: i was not aware you and others would attack my views (ive had this discussion on other forums with nary a hiccup). had i been, i would've withheld comment. but thanks for perpetuating your dislike of me. i definitely get the hint.

LegalSmash
29 Apr 2009, 06:48pm
i didnt make this thread :biggrin1: i was not aware you and others would attack my views (ive had this discussion on other forums with nary a hiccup). had i been, i would've withheld comment. but thanks for perpetuating your dislike of me. i definitely get the hint.

No one dislikes you, you just make shitty arguments.

cakeshark
29 Apr 2009, 06:54pm
No one dislikes you, you just make shitty arguments.
hahaha. i dont think you can speak for anyone else, but thanks.

Red
29 Apr 2009, 08:09pm
i yield you are all correct. weed should not be legalized. :hail:

I never said that, i think it SHOULD be legalized. NORML and stoners alike just need to stop lying to themselves and others on why.