PDA

View Full Version : gungame server

Thomas
27 Apr 2009, 07:41am
any chance a gungame server could be added to the mix?

Dracula
27 Apr 2009, 07:46am
We have had one many times and its failed, mainly because most of the maps were crap, few people populated it, and it was Turbo.

Mystique
27 Apr 2009, 07:47am
And now they come with their complaints.. When we had the gg server i asked what u guys wanted to see changed, you keep your mouth shut. Now when someone asks for a GG server, u finally talk?!?!?! Bit late dont u think?

Thomas
27 Apr 2009, 07:58am
And now they come with their complaints.. When we had the gg server i asked what u guys wanted to see changed, you keep your mouth shut. Now when someone asks for a GG server, u finally talk?!?!?! Bit late dont u think?

I like to play GG mostly because its a requires a bit less thought than some of the other mods that are in the community. I don't know what Dracula is talking about the server not being populated, anytime I go to a GG server there is almost always someone on it.

Dracula
27 Apr 2009, 07:59am

I was saying it then just certain people dont listen or would it be read?

Edit for Thomas: Of course you dont because your most likely not playing the SG one because it was almost always empty acept for when we had events or people on Vent were spamming for people to join.

Thomas
27 Apr 2009, 08:08am
Edit for Thomas: Of course you dont because your most likely not playing the SG one because it was almost always empty acept for when we had events or people on Vent were spamming for people to join.

fair enough.

i'm just curious what the poll will show.

Itch
27 Apr 2009, 08:09am
I have and always will frequent GG servers. I was one of the few that would play on the SG GG server every chance I could. I would love to see another SG GG server. I sent config/mod info to SpikedRocker and a few others trying to help with getting a GG server that would stick around. Without the community behind it and playing on it long enough to build a regular player base it won't succeed.

Dracula
27 Apr 2009, 08:17am
fair enough.

i'm just curious what the poll will show.

The poll will show more Yes votes but even if we get it back up its not going to last.

Thomas
27 Apr 2009, 08:19am
The poll will show more Yes votes but even if we get it back up its not going to last.

maybe not with an attitude like that it won't

Dracula
27 Apr 2009, 08:22am
maybe not with an attitude like that it won't

Lol

chaoslee12
27 Apr 2009, 11:42am
GG Elimination was fun and more challenging that would be a good start

ninjaz1337
9 May 2009, 11:32pm
I would actually like that! But it's GG's kinda overused, by steamgamers servers are popular

tank40175
9 May 2009, 11:43pm
Seen GG tried here, and fail. I played it every now and agian, it was fun. But not something I would spend alot of time in.

FightingRooster
10 May 2009, 09:08am
I think it'd be fun and a lot of people play GG.

I say yes!

Dante
12 May 2009, 07:42am
I love GG's theyre more fun than most servers....only cause i pwn!! :D and the one that i play on really when i get a chance is FSF GG elimination. And it's fun i would love to see a GG added...and i wasn't here when the original was here (i think)

Mystique
12 May 2009, 07:47am
I sure would like a GG server, but we tried, it didn't work out. It only got populated when there was an event planned. The rest of the time, it was dead.

Dante
12 May 2009, 11:58am
Get good maps and maybe it won't be so fail. Maps are everything.

Daze
12 May 2009, 12:15pm
Get good maps and maybe it won't be so fail. Maps are everything.

Sadly this wasn't the case, we had a solid rotation of good maps, we lacked the commitment, players would leave after an hour.

Dante
13 May 2009, 06:39am
I could play on them for awhile (if i'm not called into wow) or when i have to go to work but other than that i loved GG servers it was the first servers i started playing and i'm sill somewhat good today ^.^

Killer
13 May 2009, 12:23pm
Omg guys... First everyone was going crazy to put napalm on now that its on at teh moment there is 4 people on it... common

Noobster
13 May 2009, 01:05pm
woot gg ftw bring it back!=]

Frostbyte
13 May 2009, 01:08pm
Omg guys... First everyone was going crazy to put napalm on now that its on at teh moment there is 4 people on it... common

Cause its 2:23 PM. Most people are at school, work or doing something better than playing counterstrike.

Desum
13 May 2009, 01:28pm
Lol, i LOVED GG. It was one of the few servers i was actually good at xD.. I played on it all the time, even if only 1-2 people were there. During prime time it usually had a good 10-15 people on it... Only time it filled though was during the GG events... Which sucked, 'cause often the dedicated players couldn't even get in 'cause everyone who wanted a quick 40 dollars worth of a game wanted in.. Then IMMEDIATELY.. And i do mean immediately... when the event ended everyone flooded out of the server.. Seriously, that really pisses me off >.> I mean, really. Often it'd be in the middle of a round when the admin would mention the event was over, and everyone would leave without finishing... No dedication at all. Its nice of SG to do such events, but quite honestly the community doesn't deserve it if thats how they act.

/tangent

Anyways, i'd love to get GG back. I think it was a pretty fair and balanced game.. And one of the few useful uses of hlss(Not this bullshit where some n00b with a machinegun or an awp whore with <800 points would get 20-30 off you for spray'n'pray).

PingPong
16 May 2009, 11:30am
Id play, i love gg