PDA

View Full Version : Obama Dont like Jesus

Suri
20 Apr 2009, 07:21am
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/04/16/georgetown-university-hid-religious-symbols-white-house-request/

I came by this news story today. It's from the 16th so it maybe old news. But I find it sad that Obama goes to Muslim countries and bows and has no problem with their beliefs, but says the name of Jesus would be a distraction

This is not to start a flame over religion, but the fact that he claims to be a christian man, but believes the name of Jesus should not be shown. If he has a issue with the name being on camera then why pick that venue to make your stupid boring speech??

Makes me sick to have this man leading our country.

Jaffa
20 Apr 2009, 07:32am
The presidency has nothing to do with religon, and Obama doesn't want photos of him surrounded by crosses etc being taken. Politics might not be morally good, but its a necessary evil.

Suri
20 Apr 2009, 07:46am
Are Presidents not allowed to have personal beliefs?

It's not the point. He went to a Catholic college to make a speech. What did he think would be around the college.

Also he has no problems showing respect to other country's and their religions, but when it comes to the religion that this country was founded on and the one he claims to practice he covers it up. I find it odd.

Delirium
20 Apr 2009, 07:51am
Technicaly religion should have nothing to do with why we pick politicians and yes this country was founded on christianity but look at why we came here, why would we prosecute other people for beliving in a religion that is not ours... sounds like 17th century england

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 08:07am
just to make it clear, muslims has nothing against Jesus.

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 08:11am
LOL U SERIUS?

FUK YEH BIYTHC

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2009, 08:45am
Many Christians that I know actually believe Islam is older than Christianity lol.

It's relatively old news, but this bullshit that it's PC to ignore religion even when its obviously staring you in the face seems rather obstinate.

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 08:49am
Many Christians that I know actually believe Islam is older than Christianity lol.

It's relatively old news, but this bullshit that it's PC to ignore religion even when its obviously staring you in the face seems rather obstinate.

LOL.

Though yea, you're right, I'm pretty sure Egypt would be fuckin' pissed if they had a christian for a president, they would go apeshit if it was a jew, but that would never happen

Jaffa
20 Apr 2009, 08:50am
Actually Omar, Egypt has a large Christian population (Coptic), and a Jewish minority. neither usually persecuted.

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 08:53am
Actually Omar, Egypt has a large Christian population (Coptic), and a Jewish minority. neither usually persecuted.

So?
US has a large black population and it took forfuckingever for them to have a black pres?

Jaffa
20 Apr 2009, 08:54am
So?
US has a large black population and it took forfuckingever for them to have a black pres?

lol?

US = Egypt?

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2009, 08:56am
Being black isn't really a religion, it's probably more comparable to an art form these days.

Jim Crow ended nearly 50 years ago (even though I know of regions in my own backyard that still have Klans meetings)

And the Black population isn't as large as you think, they've been overtaken by Hispanics in most areas.

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 08:58am
I didn't mean it as a religion, but as a "miniority"

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 08:59am
You just said that they're not...?

Besides, what's that got to do with anything?

It's still a miniority since white is the main race in US.

Suri
20 Apr 2009, 09:02am
How do you label yourself something and then distance your self from it every chance you get.

But then embrace something you say your are not. I know Politics and religion should not go hand in hand, but when you spent most of your time when running for office defending yours self and claiming to be christian and then to do stuff like this. Just does not add up, but I guess allot of the stuff Obama has done does not add up.

Also why does Omar Hijack peoples threads??

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 09:12am
Also why does Omar Hijack peoples threads??

Rather that then the alternative.. :P

Red
20 Apr 2009, 09:55am
Suri: There was only room for one Messiah in that Hall, simple enough.

Lightfire
20 Apr 2009, 10:02am
Well if he would get involved in religion everyone would like to have him in their religion and that would cause some serious trouble

And some religions does not think it's ok with other religions than their :/
And that's a reason to start a war for some religons....

LegalSmash
20 Apr 2009, 10:26am
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/04/16/georgetown-university-hid-religious-symbols-white-house-request/

I came by this news story today. It's from the 16th so it maybe old news. But I find it sad that Obama goes to Muslim countries and bows and has no problem with their beliefs, but says the name of Jesus would be a distraction

This is not to start a flame over religion, but the fact that he claims to be a christian man, but believes the name of Jesus should not be shown. If he has a issue with the name being on camera then why pick that venue to make your stupid boring speech??

Makes me sick to have this man leading our country.

No surprise to me there, this guy is retarded when it comes to religion. Basically, since 1966 + its become politically correct to bash christianity.

LegalSmash
20 Apr 2009, 12:31pm
So?

What large black population, they are barely 12%, they are just noisy and crime causing.

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 01:16pm
What? Actually have a reasonable debate in the politics section rather than spend ages trying to decipher what the hell you're actually talking about?

He said why i was hijacking all the threads, I as a muslim, said "rather than the alternative" and well, you know the muslim stereotype does, the muslim stereotype that has been created through the media is well, a guy who hijacks planes, therefore, i said that i'd rather hijack a thread then a plane, GET IT?

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 01:22pm
.................................................. .................................................. ...........

*heavy sigh*
/facepalm

For the Thread it self well..

Yes, everything comes to play when you're president, from what clothes you wear to what you are (religiously speaking) from woman to man, from white to black from christian to hindu, it's all important, people can't say, "well, we're cool with it, just... chill.."

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2009, 01:27pm
Lol, freudian slips.

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 01:31pm
Okay.. Now Havok is hijacking it for me, wtf man?

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2009, 01:53pm
Simply put Omar, the word hijack in English is not synonymous with terrorism, eat some of your heralded ice cream.

Frostbyte
20 Apr 2009, 02:45pm
He said why i was hijacking all the threads, I as a muslim, said "rather than the alternative" and well, you know the muslim stereotype does, the muslim stereotype that has been created through the media is well, a guy who hijacks planes, therefore, i said that i'd rather hijack a thread then a plane, GET IT?

Bitches dont know bout my turban.

Lux
20 Apr 2009, 02:54pm
Freud would have a field day with Omar.

He'd be scared of your horse though.

BOOWY
21 Apr 2009, 04:41pm
I'm not getting the issue here. The way that I look at it, you've got to be respectful when you visit other countries. Particularly in the middle east, religion is very important and very treasured, and the easy way to reach out to those people is to show respect for their religion. What do you want him to do, wear a gigantic cross around his neck and flash it at the middle eastern people like they were vampires while on his trip over there? Get real.

Yeah, the US was founded on Christianity... but look around you. It's not like 97% of the country is Christian. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

LegalSmash
22 Apr 2009, 07:22am
I'm not getting the issue here. The way that I look at it, you've got to be respectful when you visit other countries. Particularly in the middle east, religion is very important and very treasured, and the easy way to reach out to those people is to show respect for their religion. What do you want him to do, wear a gigantic cross around his neck and flash it at the middle eastern people like they were vampires while on his trip over there? Get real.

Yeah, the US was founded on Christianity... but look around you. It's not like 97% of the country is Christian. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

You obviously are not getting the issue

Are you high?

First, we DO respect their faith when we are there, its THEM who don't show ANY respect to any other faith.

Second, where they even MENTION someone else's faith its usually to deny their piety, insist that they convert, or deny the holocaust.

Three, Religion here is as important, as treasured, except we allow people free expression of any religion, shit even scientology, unlike the middle east, which will only allow the expression of Islam.

Obama should have advanced our free exercise and seperation of state and church doctrines that are actually in the constitution (contrary to popular belief, the constitution does not either mandate Christianity as a state religion, nor that religion be enmeshed with GOVERNMENTAL functions.

This is where the Arab countries have a sticking point with them, and honestly, much like enjoying bukkake, you must understand that it is an acquired taste.

I think he did it a disservice by NOT putting forth are values, and just being an apologist there, its very obvious from the last 1400 years that these folks aren't exactly the most tolerant or for that matter reasonable.

Omar
22 Apr 2009, 07:29am
You obviously are not getting the issue

Are you high?

First, we DO respect their faith when we are there, its THEM who don't show ANY respect to any other faith.

Second, where they even MENTION someone else's faith its usually to deny their piety, insist that they convert, or deny the holocaust.

Three, Religion here is as important, as treasured, except we allow people free expression of any religion, shit even scientology, unlike the middle east, which will only allow the expression of Islam.

Obama should have advanced our free exercise and seperation of state and church doctrines that are actually in the constitution (contrary to popular belief, the constitution does not either mandate Christianity as a state religion, nor that religion be enmeshed with GOVERNMENTAL functions.

This is where the Arab countries have a sticking point with them, and honestly, much like enjoying bukkake, you must understand that it is an acquired taste.

I think he did it a disservice by NOT putting forth are values, and just being an apologist there, its very obvious from the last 1400 years that these folks aren't exactly the most tolerant or for that matter reasonable.
That's just mean :(

LegalSmash
22 Apr 2009, 07:45am
That's just mean :(

Omar I don't mean it as a personal affront to you, but to the politics of the region and the respective government's and religious leaders intolerances to anyone non-islamic.

Omar
22 Apr 2009, 07:52am
Meh reminds me of germans not accepting other languages, "you speak english" (i said)
"Sie Mutterficker sprechen nicht duetch!" (he tells his friend)
translation "the motherfucker isn't speaking german!"

Suri
22 Apr 2009, 07:56am

You say he needs to show respect to the other countries, but yet he can disrespect the place he is holding his speech.

Georgetown was founded in 1789, though its roots extend back to 1634. Georgetown is the oldest Roman Catholic university in the United States, and its religious heritage is used to define the institution. He picked the school (or some one in his crew) and makes the choice to disrespect the school and what it was founded on. He could have just picked another place to have his lame speech.

It's the principle that people just allow this guy to get away with all kinda crap. If this was Bush or even Mccain if he got elected the media would be calling for his head. You can't say he can show respect to other countries, but its ok for his not to in his own country when it comes to institutions that have shaped this country like Georgetown.

LegalSmash
22 Apr 2009, 09:00am
You say he needs to show respect to the other countries, but yet he can disrespect the place he is holding his speech.

Georgetown was founded in 1789, though its roots extend back to 1634. Georgetown is the oldest Roman Catholic university in the United States, and its religious heritage is used to define the institution. He picked the school (or some one in his crew) and makes the choice to disrespect the school and what it was founded on. He could have just picked another place to have his lame speech.

It's the principle that people just allow this guy to get away with all kinda crap. If this was Bush or even Mccain if he got elected the media would be calling for his head. You can't say he can show respect to other countries, but its ok for his not to in his own country when it comes to institutions that have shaped this country like Georgetown.

Basically this sums it up, I have a friend who is a MUSLIM who graduated Gtown law who thinks the act was in bad form.

Its basically like being invited over by the pope to play pool, coming over and shitting on his pool table.

It was a STUPID, VERY inappropriate thing to do, IMHO.

Red
22 Apr 2009, 09:52am
Don't question the One or his actions you pathetic peons.

Omar
22 Apr 2009, 02:40pm
Basically this sums it up, I have a friend who is a MUSLIM who graduated Gtown law who thinks the act was in bad form.

Its basically like being invited over by the pope to play pool, coming over and shitting on his pool table.

It was a STUPID, VERY inappropriate thing to do, IMHO.

You have muslim friends?
Are they friends friends (hang out 'n' shit yo) or just "friends" like... just knowing eachother but never do shit together.

LegalSmash
22 Apr 2009, 02:42pm
You have muslim friends?
Are they friends friends (hang out 'n' shit yo) or just "friends" like... just knowing eachother but never do shit together.

We studied for the Bar together... you cannot get closer than that without blowing each other.

Omar
22 Apr 2009, 02:44pm
We studied for the Bar together... you cannot get closer than that without blowing each other.

LOL! :D

Slavic
23 Apr 2009, 08:47am

sounds like you've experimented with both...

either way, its a religious school, you must accept the surroundings of the institution that you make speechs; especcialy if these symbols define the school.

This is like taking the guns down from the mantle when speaking at an NRA conference.
Putting a huge tarp over the steeple of a church when making an apperance at a church.
Censoring cheesecakes when making a speech at th cheesecake factory.

If you don't want to display religious symbols, don't give a speech at a religious institution. If you want the speech to be about you and not religion, then just hold a damn conference in the white house.

LegalSmash
23 Apr 2009, 09:04am
just hold a damn conference in the white house.

Yes, this would have been best, maybe with a big paper sign that says "welcome oh benevolent islamic rulers" overhead.

XeNo
23 Apr 2009, 09:41am
Tbh I just now bothered to read the thread, but, since when was America a 'Christian country'?

Red
23 Apr 2009, 09:54am
Tbh I just now bothered to read the thread, but, since when was America a 'Christian country'?

LegalSmash
23 Apr 2009, 10:27am

this

XeNo
23 Apr 2009, 10:57am
Tbh I remember reading somewhere it was never declared Christian country.

Red
23 Apr 2009, 11:06am
Tbh I remember reading somewhere it was never declared Christian country.

It's never been explicitly declared one by the government, rather implicitly by the people.

Wrathek
23 Apr 2009, 12:04pm
It's never been explicitly declared one by the government, rather implicitly by the people.

Xeno has a very valid point though. Yes, Christianity is the major religion here, but unfortunately it is falling by the wayside. I'm a Christian and even I get sick and tired of other countries viewing us as "the christian nation" or w/e they seem to get into their heads.

Regardless, while I agree he shouldve just not held the speech there as it was disrespectful to the place itself, to answer suri's constantly recurring question:

It's called diplomacy okay? If you go to another country while representing our country you act as kind and accepting as possible so that our country is viewed in higher regard by other countries. Yes, it was in bad taste of him to have a speech at a christian school when he did not want to be surrounded by "symbols", but the idea behind it was obvious (That it would be viewed nation and worldwide by christians and nonchristians alike).

Cooki3Monsta
23 Apr 2009, 12:56pm
What large black population, they are barely 12%, they are just noisy and crime causing.

The entire black population is not noisy and crime causing... Get your facts straight :censored:. Seems like the U.S. is doomed by the way some people think.

PotshotPolka
23 Apr 2009, 01:03pm
The entire black population is not noisy and crime causing... Get your facts straight :censored:. Seems like the U.S. is doomed by the way some people think.

What do you mean, some people?

Cooki3Monsta
23 Apr 2009, 01:07pm
People who are racist. What do you think? I am talking about people who have bad views on certain people when they really don't know them.

PotshotPolka
23 Apr 2009, 01:22pm
People who are racist. What do you think? I am talking about people who have bad views on certain people when they really don't know them.

What a piss poor argument dude, racists? If I pull up an XML sheet stating that shows demographics proving blacks have the highest rate of crimes per percentage of the population, lowest overall socioeconomic conditions, and make these connections publicly I would be racist (it may actually be Hispanics now, but it varies by state)? Seriously, certain groups use Irish mob-1920s style politics for influencing entire quadrants of cities or counties to vote for certain individuals that make arrangements for these certain lobbying groups? This shit has nothing to do with skin color, that's utter fucking foolishness.

PotshotPolka
23 Apr 2009, 01:33pm
Here, I found one such XML, props to Legal's girlfriend for playing it over the microphone that one time.
xbwNSNLPIfw

Red
23 Apr 2009, 01:42pm
LOL I heard that song on the radio this morning.

I really wish I had been able to see the show.

Cooki3Monsta
23 Apr 2009, 01:56pm
What a piss poor argument dude, racists? If I pull up an XML sheet stating that shows demographics proving blacks have the highest rate of crimes per percentage of the population, lowest overall socioeconomic conditions, and make these connections publicly I would be racist (it may actually be Hispanics now, but it varies by state)? Seriously, certain groups use Irish mob-1920s style politics for influencing entire quadrants of cities or counties to vote for certain individuals that make arrangements for these certain lobbying groups? This shit has nothing to do with skin color, that's utter fucking foolishness.

blah blah blah. Not every black person commits crimes. I am not out robbing banks and stealing cars.. Last post in this thread and Politics section.

Suri
23 Apr 2009, 02:04pm
this

That

LegalSmash
23 Apr 2009, 02:29pm

Oh Jesus christ Almighty, where is racism here?

The reality is that a disproportionate amount 18-25 year old males are in PRISON and a GREAT majority of that is NOT because of "the man" its because the 18-25 year old population acts like they walked out of a goddamn "fitty" video. IT also doesnt help that the 18-25 y/o male pop makes up 52% of the incarcerated population in the United States. Basically, you are 33% more likely to go to jail as a black male 18-25. ** Learn to recognize statistical evidence to unpleasant realities when you see it. Sadly, the young population of minority groups, mine (latinos) and yours included act like fucking morons. Think about the fact that a great deal of educated black and latin women who reach professional degrees CANNOT find an adequate pool of similar ethnic, similarly educated or situated men of comparable age because we are so often in jail, covered in bastard children and baby mama drama, or just didn't give a shit enough to take advantage of the free education if it didn't involve running with or hitting a ball with a fucking stick. It DISTURBS me that someone like my younger cousins, or my girlfriend's family members (half jamaican, FYI, call me racist again, retard) have to settle in finding a mate because the males in our respective community drop the fucking ball so often in life.

The reality cookie, is that as a minority male, and as a graduate of an HBCU I hear it quite frequently FROM THE EDUCATED AND HARD WORKING PART OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY!!! It is not "racism" everytime someone says that a group act a certain way, its stereotyping, and while stereotyping is socially awkward to liberals and the people who are being stereotyped, it exist for a reason, and they shouldn't be confused with the age old jim crow deep south myths like "black people with dark gums are poisonous" or "black women will have sex with horses" or any other awful, dehumanizing statement made to systematically dehumanize a people for the sake of establishing a peking order.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that OUR youths, especially males are an extremely troubled group, because of the bullshit gangster culture that they constantly romanticize.

You want to fix the stereotype? Go call BET, Vibe Magazine, Kanye's stupid ass and Lil Wayne and the rest of the NFL and tell them to endorse books and fiscal responsibility instead of blunts, 40's, and bitches, and then MAYBE, MAYBE in about 20 years or so we MIGHT be able to say with a straight face that we as an entire group take seriously the opportunities we are given in life, free public education, an opportunity to lift our station in life through service to the country, and the right to vote.

So before you get on your high and mighty racism horse in my general presence again, consider the fact that maybe rather than jumping around like a meth'd out squirrel and chittering racism, you may want to look inward at your own group's behaviors and see whats going on before you start crying foul

Otherwise go blow it out your ass.

** These statistics vary depending on source, according to criminology text books, this was the case in as recent as 2005.

Red
23 Apr 2009, 02:34pm
On behalf of Asians,

HA HA

Seriously, work hard, stfu and shit works out.

It's no accident they're the most successful minority, it's not some magic trick.

LegalSmash
23 Apr 2009, 02:36pm
On behalf of Asians,

HA HA

Seriously, work hard, stfu and shit works out.

THIS

Except filipino's they suffer from the same malaise...

Wrathek
23 Apr 2009, 02:39pm
Thanks for that post, brought a tear to my eye. I always try to make this argument but cannot say it so eloquently. If i ever get pulled into court I'm hiring you good sir.

RedOctober
23 Apr 2009, 04:51pm
thank you Legal....

that was beautiful, u said everything i always wanted to say but never did!!!!
someone should print that and put it in a frame!

oldskool
23 Apr 2009, 04:56pm
It has nothing to do w/religion, It has everything to do with him being liked and popular. Its very poor that a United States President feels he has to bow before another person , When the only bowing anyone should be for Jesus

Italian Jew
23 Apr 2009, 05:03pm
Its very poor that a United States President feels he has to bow before another person , When the only bowing anyone should be for Jesus

Ummm....no?

RedOctober
23 Apr 2009, 05:05pm
obama was smart not to get involved with religion in his political life. i think he was just being over cautious and trying not to offend anyone.

its sad that it has to be that way in America. worrying about if you offend someone.... forget that!
just say what you freaking feel and if people get pissed than so what. its there problem not yours!

LegalSmash
23 Apr 2009, 06:19pm
I say just tell durka mcmartyr pants to check his extremism at customs along with his AK, his abused 20 wives, and his bag of khat, and we won't have a problem.

Then again, if I was president, we'd round up every congressman who wasted legislative minutes with bullshit, tie him to a log and throw his/her ass into a burning tire yard.

Italian Jew
23 Apr 2009, 06:39pm
Then again, if I was president, we'd round up every congressman who wasted legislative minutes with bullshit, tie him to a log and throw his/her ass into a burning tire yard.

Then we'd have to elect 535 more officials to replace them. I don't want to see election coverage of that magnitude.

PotshotPolka
23 Apr 2009, 06:44pm
Then we'd have to elect 535 more officials to replace them. I don't want to see election coverage of that magnitude.

It'd clog the tubes.

Red
24 Apr 2009, 09:34am

I don't know if there would be enough journalists/media people to dig up/make up scandals for the 535 potential Republican candidates.

Italian Jew
24 Apr 2009, 10:24am
I don't know if there would be enough journalists/media people to dig up/make up scandals for the 535 potential Republican candidates.

The same could be said for the other media people/bloggers/conspiracy theorists/nutjobs for the 535 Democrat, or as the popular thing nowadays, "socialist" candidates

So land that ROFLcopter NAO!

PotshotPolka
24 Apr 2009, 10:35am
And everyone would ignore the 3 or 4 libertarians posing as Republicans trying to wheedle in.

Red
24 Apr 2009, 10:48am
The same could be said for the other media people/bloggers/conspiracy theorists/nutjobs for the 535 Democrat, or as the popular thing nowadays, "socialist" candidates

So land that ROFLcopter NAO!

We already that problem, FOX news can't take them all on as it is.

LegalSmash
24 Apr 2009, 11:54am
And everyone would ignore the 3 or 4 libertarians posing as Republicans trying to wheedle in.

Just ban them from the premises. LOL.

ozarka
3 May 2009, 10:18am
hes probably a muslim i mean i would never bow to a muslim prince or king.

Dracula
3 May 2009, 10:30am

Why would you bump this?:confused1::confused1:

Italian Jew
3 May 2009, 11:55am

Why would you bump this?:confused1::confused1:

And with such a stupid statement:confused1:

Caution
3 May 2009, 12:53pm

Oh you would...

aEryAoLfnAA

LegalSmash
3 May 2009, 01:14pm

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

Caution
3 May 2009, 03:39pm
Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

Come on Legal, don't fool him by asking rhetorical questions.

trakaill
3 May 2009, 09:01pm
Come on Legal, don't fool him by asking rhetorical questions.

LOL! Awesome song btw..great memories for me! one of my fav disney movies

Red
3 May 2009, 11:00pm
I had the alladin soundtrack cassette tape when I was like 8. That shit was off the hizzook.

Dante
7 May 2009, 07:27am
See you guys are all wrong there is no such thing as religion. It was only made so that the pathetic humans could cope with their meager lives.

Red
7 May 2009, 09:30am
See you guys are all wrong there is no such thing as religion. It was only made so that the pathetic humans could cope with their meager lives.

You're wrong, there IS such a thing as religion. It's found all around you, from churches to rosary beads, yamakas, crosses, mosques etc etc etc.

Don't confuse religions with GOD(s)

Dante
7 May 2009, 11:17am
I personally find them both to be fake. Its pointless to believe in something that isn't there. There may be churches and all that shit, but it's only to help ppl that can't cope with their own life to believe in something that doesn't exist. If there was no religion we would be like any other animal on earth. Which wouldn't be better but would also stop the Pointless Jihads.

Harbor
7 May 2009, 11:20am
dante i lost some respect for you with your idoitic comment :(. But the chances of life being possible on a planet are like 1 in a billion at some point all theese things happeneing by chance has to build up to happening from faith....

Italian Jew
7 May 2009, 11:40am
Stop hijacking threads with the pointless religious "debates". There are already threads on this, so go add some more shit to the pile over there.

Red
7 May 2009, 11:43am
He's not done quoting from his book "Teen angst, anti-theism and its implications on modern global conflicts"

Ultramarine
7 May 2009, 12:04pm

Actually, that is true (And im Christian)

Islam is older than Christianity, Judism is aswell... Islam infact talks about like, 13 or so Prophets, Jesus being one of them (But like, the 6th or 7th one). logically, this would mean that Islam has been around before the Prophet Christ came.

Gumpy
7 May 2009, 12:29pm
Actually, that is true (And im Christian)

Islam is older than Christianity, Judaism is as well... Islam infact talks about like, 13 or so Prophets, Jesus being one of them (But like, the 6th or 7th one). logically, this would mean that Islam has been around before the Prophet Christ came.

Christianity is older than Islam. Islam started 600 hundred years after Christianity when Muhammad (Peace be upon him) fled from Mecca. As for having older prophets, Christianity and Islam all have the same prophets (Adam, Moses, Isiah, Jesus, etc.)

Islam is more or less based on Christianity, except for a few crucial difference (They believe Jesus is a prophet, not the son of God, Christians don't believe Muhammad, Peace Be Upon Him, is a prophet and the afore mentioned Jihad). The oldest religion is either Judaism (No one knows when the began if I am thinking straight) or Buddhism which is 2,500 years old.

Italian Jew
7 May 2009, 12:47pm
The oldest religion is either Judaism (No one knows when the began if I am thinking straight) or Buddhism which is 2,500 years old.

The oldest religion is some form of Animalism or possibly something like that. The oldest organized religion is believed to be Hinduism.

Islam popped up well after Christianity, Ultra.

Gumpy
7 May 2009, 12:49pm
The oldest religion is some form of Animalism or possibly something like that. The oldest organized religion is believed to be Hinduism.

Whoops, I completely forgot about Hinduism. Damn my Christianity centered education.

Italian Jew
7 May 2009, 12:51pm
Whoops, I completely forgot about Hinduism.

So did the rest of the world.

LegalSmash
7 May 2009, 02:06pm
I personally find them both to be fake. Its pointless to believe in something that isn't there. There may be churches and all that shit, but it's only to help ppl that can't cope with their own life to believe in something that doesn't exist. If there was no religion we would be like any other animal on earth. Which wouldn't be better but would also stop the Pointless Jihads.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/fc/Imgonnagolistentolinkinpark.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/89/245063794_5ab866053b.jpg?v=0

Gumpy
7 May 2009, 02:42pm
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/f/fc/Imgonnagolistentolinkinpark.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/89/245063794_5ab866053b.jpg?v=0

By the way, you double posted the same pic.

Caution
7 May 2009, 05:00pm

To be honest, I don't believe in any of that either. But that gives you NO right to try and tell somebody what they believe in is pointless or doesn't exist. There is the same amount of proof that he does exist as there is that he doesn't exist.

Italian Jew
7 May 2009, 05:03pm
There is the same amount of proof that he does exist as there is that he doesn't exist.

Which is absolutely zilch for both sides.

/thread

Caution
7 May 2009, 05:07pm
Which is absolutely zilch for both sides.

Exactly my point.

Drox
7 May 2009, 05:30pm

Actually 13.4% or 40.9 million ;)

LegalSmash
7 May 2009, 06:48pm
Actually 13.4% or 40.9 million ;)

Yes, the free KFC and 4.99 Popeye's and Church's meals allowed for a more accurate count, no? LMAO.

Drox
8 May 2009, 03:43pm
Yes, the free KFC and 4.99 Popeye's and Church's meals allowed for a more accurate count, no? LMAO.

Appears so lol