PDA

View Full Version : Portal

Neji
18 Apr 2009, 08:29am
I think everyone knows this game. If you don't know it then here is the description

Portal is a single-player first-person action/puzzle video game developed by Valve Corporation. The game was released in a bundle package called The Orange Box for Microsoft Windows and Xbox 360 on October 9, 2007, [2] [1] and for the PlayStation 3 on December 11, 2007. [5] The Windows version of the game is also available for download separately through Valve's content delivery system, Steam [7] and was released as a standalone retail product on April 9, 2008. [6] A stand-alone version was released on the Xbox 360 Live Arcade system on October 22, 2008; this version includes an additional fourteen bonus puzzles.

The game consists primarily of a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and other simple objects using the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device (dubbed the "Portal Gun" or "ASHPD"), a unit that can create an inter-spatial portal between flat planes. The player character is challenged by an AI named "GLaDOS" to complete each puzzle in the "Aperture Science Computer-Aided Enrichment Center" using the Portal Gun with the promise of receiving cake when all the puzzles are completed. The unusual physics allowed by the portal gun are the emphasis of this game, and are an extension of a similar portal concept in Narbacular Drop; many of the team members from the DigiPen Institute of Technology that worked on Narbacular Drop were hired by Valve for the creation of Portal.

Portal has been acclaimed as one of the most original games in 2007 despite being comparatively short in length. The game has received praise for its unique gameplay and darkly humorous story, created with the assistance of Erik Wolpaw and Chet Faliszek of "Old Man Murray" fame. It is also revered for the character of GLaDOS, voiced by Ellen McLain in the English version, and the final credits song "Still Alive" written by Jonathan Coulton for the game. The game's popularity has led to official merchandise from Valve including plush Companion Cubes as well as fan creations such as recreations of the cake and replicas of the "portal gun."

So what do you think about it?

dobby985
18 Apr 2009, 08:43am
Very fun game, i was dissapointed at how short it was.
The Orange Box is a great series and a must have for Steam users.

Hazardous
18 Apr 2009, 10:44am
is fun.

Huwajux
18 Apr 2009, 10:47am
Anyway, it's proba- is the best game I've played.
That. ^^^

RapBert
19 Apr 2009, 01:09am
is fun.

this

Henrik
19 Apr 2009, 03:37am
I have tried portal and i think it's fun

Waffle
21 Apr 2009, 02:35pm
:wave:Ok just to make it QUICK......
Portal is good and it is replayable about 2 times its ok good game buy it.....
HAPPY.lol

Shadowex3
21 Apr 2009, 04:26pm
Short, very fun, but valve needs to stop being heinous cocksnofflers and just defaul the FOV of their singleplayer games to the same settings they use in multiplayer.

I really enjoyed ninjaing several levels in ways that I very obviously should not have.