PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

andre1028
17 Apr 2009, 04:24pm
Who do you think is winning this time? I'd shit myself if the Raps won, but my money is on Boston or Cleveland.

GrayFox
17 Apr 2009, 04:25pm
Who do you think is winning this time? I'd shit myself if the Raps won, but my money is on Boston or Cleveland.

With Garnett out it seems unlikely now, although another victory would be nice. However, the NBAs rigged and I don't care all that much.

andre1028
17 Apr 2009, 05:11pm
With Garnett out it seems unlikely now, although another victory would be nice. However, the NBAs rigged and I don't care all that much.

sshh, don't spoil it for the new kids!!

Sparta
17 Apr 2009, 05:12pm

Why do you say that? In what ways is it rigged?

Determined2Win
17 Apr 2009, 06:19pm
Lakers or Cavs

Blackhawke
17 Apr 2009, 11:38pm
Magic! I wish my Kings weren't so bad.

Jazz
18 Apr 2009, 02:07pm
KKKKOOOOOBBBBBEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Zargotelc
18 Apr 2009, 03:22pm
http://www.dailycomedy.com/images/jokes/b/LosAngelesLakers.jpg

Noobster
18 Apr 2009, 03:44pm
celtics are out...there gonna lose either way. i think itz gonna be either Cavs or Lakers. However i wish the suns had made the playoffs lol.

Cookie
19 Apr 2009, 06:31pm
celtics are out...there gonna lose either way. i think itz gonna be either Cavs or Lakers. However i wish the suns had made the playoffs lol.

Steve Kerr ruined the Suns, however I would much rather see the Suns than the Mavs in the playoffs. :/

I think it's going to be the Lakers & Cavs but I'm rooting for 3 teams.
-Rockets
-Spurs
-Magic

Itch
20 Apr 2009, 11:59am
However, the NBAs rigged and I don't care all that much.

LIAR.. next thing you're going to try to tell me is that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny aren't real either. :noidea::cry:

:-]
20 Apr 2009, 08:59pm
It'll be Lakers vs the Cavs

I am rooting for the Lakers. I've been a fan my whole life so I do hope Kobe can finally win another.

Fuze
20 Apr 2009, 11:04pm
most likley Lakers vs Cavs although as impossible as it sounds i wish the New Jersey Nets would have made it. CARTER FOR LIFE HARRIS FOR WHOES!

MtrxMn
22 Apr 2009, 01:53pm
The bulls have a good shot at taking the Celtics out. They won the first game, and only lost the second one at the last second. Going 1-1 in Boston is pretty tough to do, and now the Celtics have to go to Chicago

Blackhawke
22 Apr 2009, 09:35pm
God, I hate the Lakers with a passion. My whole life I've been a Kings fan, and I can't stand that rapist Kobe and his team.

andre1028
23 Apr 2009, 06:55am
TBH Denver looks like it has a chance because of Chauncey Billups :P He's a man beast.

ReneGade
23 Apr 2009, 07:49am
Its finally Lebron's time to show that he can lead a team all the way. Cavs are not going to be stopped.

I'm a Bobcats fan :D and King James is amazing.

Noobster
23 Apr 2009, 01:36pm
TBH Denver looks like it has a chance because of Chauncey Billups :P He's a man beast.

yah billups is a beast this season. however Paul is more beast lol.

Fuze
23 Apr 2009, 05:56pm
yah billups is a beast this season. however Paul is more beast lol.

yea billups is stroking it the last few games but Paul has a team where its basically just him a Peja and he can still bring his team into the playoffs.

Ganzta
23 Apr 2009, 10:38pm
im still gonna be cheering for the rockets
but cavs are probably gonna win the final

Itch
24 Apr 2009, 08:44am
(sigh) Well at least my hometown team didn't get swept. Now let's see if they can win at least 1 more in the series.

Noobster
24 Apr 2009, 05:32pm
(sigh) Well at least my hometown team didn't get swept. Now let's see if they can win at least 1 more in the series.

which team u rootin for? I think ima go with LA if not them then i could really care less lol.

Jazz
26 Apr 2009, 06:33am

Every1 is a BEAST! In NBA

btw: KKKKOOOOBBBEEEE!

Itch
26 Apr 2009, 11:07am
which team u rootin for? I think ima go with LA if not them then i could really care less lol.

Well.. I live in Utah.. and have been going to Jazz games since I was knee high to a cat. So clearly I would like them to do well. Do I honestly think they'll beat LA in the series ... No..

However they have been down 2 games against a higher rated team in the play-offs before and come back to beat them before.. so I won't totally count them out.

27 Apr 2009, 04:56pm
yea billups is stroking it the last few games but Paul has a team where its basically just him a Peja and he can still bring his team into the playoffs.

I'm a Chris Paul fan but only Peja? You've forgotten about David West. The Cav's swept the Pistons because they are an aging team and they had no Iverson. The Cav's would have still won the series but with Iverson in the line-up, the Pistons would have won a couple of games.. Lakers all the way and I was in awe of Kobe in Game 4. You must admit, the shots he made were ridiculous :hail:

GrayFox
29 Apr 2009, 05:02am
This Bulls-Celtics series is the closest I've ever seen, no game is a blow-out at all. Most of them are being decided by last second shots, so I have no idea if the Celtics can pull off one more win.

1 May 2009, 08:52am
The games have gotten a bit physical. I'm surprised Rondo hasn't been suspended for his actions.

Jazz
1 May 2009, 09:32am
CHRIS PAUL = OWNAGE SHOOTZ!

Suri
1 May 2009, 09:45am
MAGIC MOVE ON!!!! And they did it without Howard, and they killed them.

Bring on the next team so we can just move on to the next round.

andre1028
1 May 2009, 02:23pm
Chicago and Boston. GOD DAMN SEXY GAME.

That is all.

GrayFox
1 May 2009, 03:11pm
;195048']The games have gotten a bit physical. I'm surprised Rondo hasn't been suspended for his actions.

If he got suspended for that shot to the face that would be awful. It was clearly just a reaction slap, he didn't have much control over it.

Eskomo
2 May 2009, 05:37am
I have been a Nuggets my whole life, and they finally made is past the first round, they dominated the Hornets(Including the 58 point victory) I expect to see them in the Western Conference Finals, and perhaps the Finals:bigsmile:

Noobster
3 May 2009, 08:58am
noooo the celtics beeat da bulls.. this blows! lolz

Cookie
3 May 2009, 06:20pm
Noo!
Spurs are out!

My Rockets won't win w/o a healthy T-Mac against the Lakers.

Eskomo
4 May 2009, 05:22pm
Woot the Nuggets are looking good, Peace out Dirk.

Harbor
4 May 2009, 10:28pm
GO BUCKS oh wait....

GrayFox
5 May 2009, 05:13am
How about them Celtics. We may have lost, but we showed the Magic that we can beat them, coming back from a 30 point deficit.

andre1028
5 May 2009, 03:15pm
LeBron. MVP09 lol.

7 May 2009, 05:34pm
The Lakers/Rockets game last night got intense. I am a Lakers fan but Fisher should be suspended for flooring Scola. As far as the Artest/Bryant incident, I looked at the replay a good 20 plus times and I haven't seen Kobe elbow Artest in the throat. Artest need anger management therapy.

Josh
8 May 2009, 03:45pm
;195048']The games have gotten a bit physical. I'm surprised Rondo hasn't been suspended for his actions.Rondo has been going off in the playoffs, love my cats alumni. He shouldn't have received further punishment for either of his two incidents. The Hinrich incident was below the shoulders and wasn't just blatant like he grabbed him and threw him, they got tangled and Rondo came out standing up. Rondo was clearly going for the ball when he accidentally caught Brad Miller in the jaw. Though I haven't seen Rondo play this physical since his days here in Kentucky, I will admit to that. In fact, these whole playoffs have been one physical altercation after another, I'm starting to wonder if the NBA is boosting their viewers by having players get in fights.

9 May 2009, 09:06am
Rondo has been going off in the playoffs, love my cats alumni. He shouldn't have received further punishment for either of his two incidents. The Hinrich incident was below the shoulders and wasn't just blatant like he grabbed him and threw him, they got tangled and Rondo came out standing up. Rondo was clearly going for the ball when he accidentally caught Brad Miller in the jaw. Though I haven't seen Rondo play this physical since his days here in Kentucky, I will admit to that. In fact, these whole playoffs have been one physical altercation after another, I'm starting to wonder if the NBA is boosting their viewers by having players get in fights.

I wouldn't put it past David Stern to try and boost their ratings by making the games more physical. If you honestly think though that hit to Brad Miller was an accident, you really must be seeing it differently than myself and every other person and sports analyst lol. I don't know how you consider someone grabbing your arm and throwing you down not blatant lol. Hinrich reacted the way anyone else would have. The hit Kendrick Perkins had last night should have been an flagrant 2, without a doubt. Everyone else seems to be getting flagrant 2 calls left and right except for the Celtics. The foul they called on Artest last night was unnecessary. It was a hard fall but not worthy of an ejection.

Josh
9 May 2009, 07:34pm
;199142']I wouldn't put it past David Stern to try and boost their ratings by making the games more physical. If you honestly think though that hit to Brad Miller was an accident, you really must be seeing it differently than myself and every other person and sports analyst lol. I don't know how you consider someone grabbing your arm and throwing you down not blatant lol. Hinrich reacted the way anyone else would have. The hit Kendrick Perkins had last night should have been an flagrant 2, without a doubt. Everyone else seems to be getting flagrant 2 calls left and right except for the Celtics. The foul they called on Artest last night was unnecessary. It was a hard fall but not worthy of an ejection. I'll admit I'm a bit biased lol.

Drox
12 May 2009, 05:28pm
Cleveland ftw :P

Cookie
12 May 2009, 06:01pm
Was going for Houston till they lost T-Mac, then Yao...
The Cavs are gonna win.

Eskomo
12 May 2009, 07:31pm
Nuggets lost yesterday, still leading 3 games to 1, finals here we come :)

imkrazie
15 May 2009, 02:37pm
Denver goes to Conference Finals...

2 amazing do or die games coming up this Sunday with the Rockets vs Lakers and Magic vs Boston. I can't wait til Sunday.

Lakers > Rockets
Magic > Boston

P.S. RIP Wyndam Tisdale a hall of fame collegiate player and great Pacers player.

Sparta
20 May 2009, 05:50pm
I am from Ohio so I am of course cheering for Cleveland..big game tonight!

Noobster
20 May 2009, 07:47pm
Im pickin the nuggets over the lakers in 7 games. the nuggets are a better team and deserve it.

Sparta
21 May 2009, 03:08pm
Im pickin the nuggets over the lakers in 7 games. the nuggets are a better team and deserve it.

I don't know if they are necessarily "better" but they are very good with Billups and he is the perfect fit right now. I wish to see them win and I agree that they may win in 7.

23 May 2009, 10:41pm
I don't know if they are necessarily "better" but they are very good with Billups and he is the perfect fit right now. I wish to see them win and I agree that they may win in 7.

Lakers in 6

Sparta
25 May 2009, 10:55am
;207208']Lakers in 6

If anything Lakers in 7 I wouldn't really put this anywhere below 7 games.

b0red
26 May 2009, 03:26pm
Lakers Bitches

Suri
27 May 2009, 09:49am
I am from Ohio so I am of course cheering for Cleveland..big game tonight!

Magic should already be on their way to the Big game. But 3-1 is still not bad.

30 May 2009, 07:21am
;207208']Lakers in 6

Again, Lakers won in 6 :P. The Nuggets had the home game in LA given to them with some of the no calls. If the Cavs actually win against Orlando, I'm pretty sure it means the NBA is rigged because to come back from a 3-1 deficit is a bit far fetched.

Bruce
30 May 2009, 03:07pm
If its;
Cavs vs lakers= Cavs win
Magic vs lakers= Lakers

But I think that the Magic are gonna beat the cavs in the conference finals.

imkrazie
31 May 2009, 02:06pm
Its going to be Magic vs Lakers in the Finals.

Lakers win the series in 6 proving themselves yet again after disappointing many in last year's final.

ninjaz1337
31 May 2009, 03:02pm
AUGH, I was really hoping it would be cavs vs lakers so that Kobe could prove that he was the true MVP. Although I think lebron james is a great player (scoring around 40% of cav's points), I don't think he matches up to kobe.

matt 187
31 May 2009, 03:10pm
magic all the way......Lakers be that garbage.

andre1028
31 May 2009, 05:14pm
magic all the way......Lakers be that garbage.
http://gilgiardelli.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/nou.gif
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9784/offmylawnrz5tp6.jpg

matt 187
31 May 2009, 05:30pm
http://gilgiardelli.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/nou.gif
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9784/offmylawnrz5tp6.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/tooned1/1209592336676.gif

Drox
1 Jun 2009, 12:09pm
Magic beat Cavs yet? I thought the score was still 3-2 now? :s

Noobster
2 Jun 2009, 05:14am
;207208']Lakers in 6

haha good call. Lakers are goin all the way this year i just dont think the magic can beat LA.

12 Jun 2009, 08:37am
o hai Lakers championship number 15

Ganzta
12 Jun 2009, 01:44pm
sigh... i was hoping that the magic would get 3 wins

andre1028
12 Jun 2009, 02:13pm
Eh Lakers looked like they weren't even trying last night. The Magic had it going for the first half but it kind of died after that.

imkrazie
13 Jun 2009, 03:57pm
Eh Lakers looked like they weren't even trying last night. The Magic had it going for the first half but it kind of died after that.

no they were trying alright, it seemed like they weren't at their best. Odom, Gasol, and Bynum all had 2 fouls like 8 minutes into the 1st quarter so the Lakers had to pull out some reserves early. The only thing that really kept the Lakers in it for the first half was the Magic's turnovers. The Lakers really shined in the 3rd quarter though. They almost doubled their 1st half score in the 3rd. The Lakers got lucky that the Magic missed so many free throws.

Ganzta
14 Jun 2009, 08:55pm
well laker wins 4-1
at least more props to the ROCKETS for getting it to game 7 without a real team

andre1028
15 Jun 2009, 05:16pm
Not surprised lol.