PDA

View Full Version : I need new game ideas

XeNo
16 Apr 2009, 01:08am
I'm not sure where else to put this, other than FPS since that's mainly what I'm looking for.

I need new (mainly fps, but can be like fps rpg or something alike) ideas for games to get.

So far I was mainly just thinking of Bioshock or Mass Effect, but both have very mixed reviews from people who love the games to people who think they overly sucked with a passion. So if anyone here has played either of those and willing to give me an unbiased answer on those two that would be nice. I've played through the Bioshock demo and thinking it'll be the next game I get.

Other than that I'm not sure, the games would have to be like $20 usd to $40 since I don't really have that much extra to spare on games, so that eliminates pretty much every game that came out in the last 2 months or anything like that.

So just make a list or a list and a small description of why you like it/what makes it good, I'll check it out and it'll be helpful, thanks.

Jaffa
16 Apr 2009, 02:13am
Bioshock i really enjoyed and would definatly recommend, especially with its sequel on the horizon.

Maybe try Dead Space as well.

Killer
16 Apr 2009, 03:15am
Bioshock freaks me out, but its a real good game also.

HeatWave
16 Apr 2009, 08:12am
I thought BioShock was really boring. I just couldn't get into it.

Red
16 Apr 2009, 09:47am
If you find a FPS game with co-op story mode Xeno let me know. I would like to play something like that.

I just bought FarCry 2, it's pretty fun, but I hate playing alone, gets lonely, I'd much prefer co-op.

RapBert
16 Apr 2009, 12:27pm
Mass Effect is great, you can play it as a shooter, and it has an enormous universe to explore and an epic storyline and great characters.

Suri
16 Apr 2009, 12:42pm
If you find a FPS game with co-op story mode Xeno let me know. I would like to play something like that.

I just bought FarCry 2, it's pretty fun, but I hate playing alone, gets lonely, I'd much prefer co-op.

DO NOT PLAY MP IN FarCry2. IT IS REALLY REALLY BAD.

Are you waning this for a console or a PC? I would think console since you said used games. Bioshock is a good choice, but one you finish the game you have no reply value since there is no MP in it.

Deadspace I heard was good, but it is also a SP game only. There are not to many FPS games out right now that is going to be in that price range and forth a buy. I would say F.E.A.R 2 but it's still to new.

Omar
16 Apr 2009, 12:47pm
Far cry 2 is just... fucking bad.

I so... so regret buying that shit game.

XeNo
16 Apr 2009, 01:13pm

I'm looking at Gears of War now as well, which you can play co-op story mode.

Also, any suggestions would be good, even new games as I can always check them out and if they're really good then I'll cough up the cash for them.

Red
16 Apr 2009, 01:20pm
i would like to play cod zombie mode with another good player. But it's still 50 bucks, blah.

Suri
16 Apr 2009, 01:46pm
The zombie Mode for CODWAW is one of the best out there. I really hope some one makes a full MOD out of it.

Red
16 Apr 2009, 01:50pm
The zombie Mode for CODWAW is one of the best out there. I really hope some one makes a full MOD out of it.

Yeah, I play it at Legal's house, I like it a lot. I just HATE playing it on the PS3, joystick + FPS = retarded redtampon.

I'm so tempted to buy it for the PC Just so I can play it without sucking.

Crafty Bastard
16 Apr 2009, 02:14pm
FPS RPG Fallout 3 - Ownage, if you're into that kind of stuff

XeNo
16 Apr 2009, 02:22pm
What is COD's zombie mode like?

I've seen screenshots of what the nazi zombies look like, but nothing really about how it plays or what makes it great.

Red
16 Apr 2009, 02:28pm
What is COD's zombie mode like?

I've seen screenshots of what the nazi zombies look like, but nothing really about how it plays or what makes it great.

You start off in a building with boarded up windows, you get money for each time you hit a zombie and can buy better guns and unlock more and more rooms in the building which contain better/more expensive guns, but this also opens up more areas from which zombies can come through.

You can rebuild the boarded up windows that are damaged by zombies to hold them off longer, you really need to keep on your toes and work together. It goes on forever unitl you die with increasing difficulty with faster/more zombies.

XeNo
16 Apr 2009, 02:36pm
You start off in a building with boarded up windows, you get money for each time you hit a zombie and can buy better guns and unlock more and more rooms in the building which contain better/more expensive guns, but this also opens up more areas from which zombies can come through.

You can rebuild the boarded up windows that are damaged by zombies to hold them off longer, you really need to keep on your toes and work together. It goes on forever unitl you die with increasing difficulty with faster/more zombies.
That sounds pretty cool.

Are there cades and other things inside the building for when they break through as well?

Red
16 Apr 2009, 02:40pm
They have to break through the cades/boarded up windows to get in, and you can rebuild them as soon as you clear the zombies out. But you can't really build any extra cades, at least not that I saw.

Suri
16 Apr 2009, 05:47pm
They have created a bunch of maps too for the PC side. We played some really hard maps. A Open train station among others.

Frostbyte
16 Apr 2009, 05:58pm
That sounds pretty cool.

Are there cades and other things inside the building for when they break through as well?

No, but there are choke points you can hold off relatively easy with some teamwork. When the waves hit the mid-late teens it usually gets so hectic, you only repair necessary barricades.

Dante
16 Apr 2009, 09:39pm
Hmm sounds like i gotta get COD for my comp instead of my xbox

and i agree i like the Farcry Graphics but it's too boring.

Red
17 Apr 2009, 12:03am
dammit, can i refund farcry and get cod