PDA

View Full Version : TradeWars 2002

Suri
14 Apr 2009, 08:58pm
I don't know where else to post this. So I guess it is close to a RTS game. But I hope people look at this area.

I used to play a ANSI game back in the day called Tradewar 2002. It was a BBS game. If you don't know what a BBS is well it was the place to play games bakc in the 90's. It would be local in your city and you would connect by you super slow dialup modem.

I am hoping for fun to get a game up and running. My brother owns the codes for the game, but wanted to see if people would want to play it.

It is ANSI. That means really no graphics. More like a MUD (Text based game) But very fun. Here is teh website http://www.eisonline.com You are a trader that is out to make money so you can buy a better ship or a whole fleet of ships with fights so you can rule space and all thats in it. You can build planets and even have a guild type group. Can be evil or good.

Let me know if you would like to try and play.

http://www.electricscotland.com/kids/images/twimage.jpg

http://www.tradewars.info/images/attacked-by-port.png

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4511/873848-cineplex_super.gif

Italian Jew
14 Apr 2009, 09:38pm
Sounds like it could be fun

I need something to waste my time with, so I would like to give it a shot

Suri
15 Apr 2009, 06:22am
It is fun and you can get addicted to it. Most people are put off because how it looks, but once you start playing and get into the game you look past that.

Now it is best played with a helper. And if people want to play it and we put it up I will explain that in more detail.

I could see a bunch of us old school gamers playing this. Like Red,Legal,Spiked,Falcon,Potshot and I hope a few more. Would like to get 10 or 20 people wanting to try this.

Itch
15 Apr 2009, 08:05am
I used to MUD all the time.. (Yes.. I'm old..) I would be interested if we got a decent group of people that were willing to give it a try.

Suri
15 Apr 2009, 08:25am
Ok Drac needs more info. I will try to do my best here in hopes it will answer any ones questions about the game.

You start off in a small ship with a few fighters to your name. These fighter help attack other traders or aliens in the game. You have a set number of turns each day. You have to use these turns very wisely. Dont want to get stuck out in space.

But as you use your turns you are trading goods at ports to earn money. With this money you can upgrade your ship and buy more fights. The more fighter you have the better off you are in the World of Tradewars.

You are also able to create Company's or Factions I think they are called. This is like a guild in any other MMO game. You can find sectors of space that only have one way in where you would setup a home world. Here is where your faction sets up the base. You can mine the way into you base that people not belonging to your faction can hit and damage or destroy their ships. Here you can build a planet to live on as well as other things.

The whole point is to try and be the largest faction or trader or super evil in the whole game. You can steal peoples ships or even planets. Like I said its not pretty to look at but ALLOT OF FUN! ;)

You use a helper to play the game. Back in the day it was setup on a Local BBS and you would just join that BBS to play. But now they have made it for windows and we would set it up on one of the dedicated servers. The helper would telenet you into the game server. And this helper will help you trade and what not.

Dracula
15 Apr 2009, 09:38am
hell ill give it a try.

LVG
15 Apr 2009, 02:37pm
seems cool

Tcp-Kill
15 Apr 2009, 02:44pm
I'll play, this looks interesting.

Crimson
15 Apr 2009, 02:46pm
The game looks very Interesting.

I can make a Corp which is Anti FettieCruise!

NIKO
15 Apr 2009, 02:53pm
SWEEETNESSSS. this definatly looks like a game i can run at minimal settings.

Dracula
15 Apr 2009, 02:54pm
So where I download?

andre1028
15 Apr 2009, 02:57pm
Looks like EVE Online except in ANSI.

I like

Suri
15 Apr 2009, 05:15pm
Looks like EVE Online except in ANSI.

I like

I think you hit the nail on the head.

FYI you dont down load the game. It is all server side, but you do need a helper to conect to the server. I did not want to get into that untill I have a yes from Haggard.

This thread was to see if people would like to try it.

VirDeBello
15 Apr 2009, 06:04pm
Ehh....I don't think this will work out good.....

lol In my other clan/communities I have been in, we would try stuff like this and people would get bored of it within a couple weeks lol but I'll look into it yah :clap:

Suri
15 Apr 2009, 06:12pm
Well it does not hurt to try and it does not cost anything so no harm in trying. But I would not doom and gloom it before we even start.

Killer
16 Apr 2009, 03:55am
I somehow made it to download it from this website: http://www.eisonline.com/twgs/beta/

Paronic
16 Apr 2009, 06:03am
il b up 4 giving it ago. Shall keep checking back on this .

Lux
16 Apr 2009, 09:39am
Is no there better, more modern text based's ? Really this looks like it'd get boring in a day.

Jaffa
16 Apr 2009, 09:45am
Does this work like all the browser based online games you see advertised? Is it turn based where you all have to be on, or does it work where you each can do a certain amount of things a day?

Suri
16 Apr 2009, 09:55am
You can come and go as you want in the game. You have a set amount of turn a day. You can use those turns any time you want. And no one else has to be on for you to play.

Jaffa
16 Apr 2009, 10:02am
show me the links then when its set up and i'll have a go :)

are there any walkthrough/tutorials so i can work out what to do if stuck/confused?