View Full Version : Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'

Red
14 Apr 2009, 01:36pm
Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'
Returning U.S. military veterans singled out as particular threats
Posted: April 12, 2009
9:40 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – A newly unclassified Department of Homeland Security report warns against the possibility of violence by unnamed "right-wing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty and singles out returning war veterans as particular threats.

The report, titled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," dated April 7, states that "threats from white supremacist and violent anti-government groups during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry out violent acts."

However, the document, first reported by talk-radio host and WND columnist Roger Hedgecock, goes on to suggest worsening economic woes, potential new legislative restrictions on firearms and "the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

Are you ready for a second Declaration of Independence? Sign the petition promoting true freedom once again!

The report from DHS' Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines right-wing extremism in the U.S. as "divided into those groups, movements and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups) and those that are mainly anti-government, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

"[T]he consequences of a prolonged economic downturn – including real estate foreclosures, unemployment and an inability to obtain credit – could create a fertile recruiting environment for right-wing extremists and even result in confrontations between such groups and government authorities similar to those in the past," the report says.

(Story continues below)

It adds that "growth in these groups subsided in reaction to increased government scrutiny as a result of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and disrupted plots, improvements in the economy and the continued U.S. standing as the pre-eminent world power."

"Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of right-wing extremist groups as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence against the government," the report continues. "The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement."

Most notable is the report's focus on the impact of returning war veterans.

"Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists," it says. "DHS/I&A is concerned that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize veterans in order to boost their violent capacities."

The report cites the April 4 shooting deaths of three police officers in Pittsburgh as an example of what may be coming, claiming the alleged gunman holds a racist ideology and believes in anti-government conspiracy theories about gun confiscations, citizen detention camps and "a Jewish-controlled 'one-world government.'"

It also suggests the election of an African-American president and the prospect of his policy changes "are proving to be a driving force for right-wing extremist recruitment and radicalization."

The report also mentions "'end times' prophecies could motivate extremist individuals and groups to stockpile food, ammunition and weapons. These teachings also have been linked with the radicalization of domestic extremist individuals and groups in the past, such as the violent Christian Identity organizations and extremist members of the militia movement."

"DHS/I&A assesses that right-wing extremist groups' frustration over a perceived lack of government action on illegal immigration has the potential to incite individuals or small groups toward violence," the report continues.

The report states the DHS will be working with state and local partners over the next several months to determine the levels of right-wing extremist activity in the U.S.

Last month, the chief of the Missouri highway patrol blasted a report issued by the Missouri Information Analysis Center that linked conservative groups to domestic terrorism, assuring that such reports no longer will be issued. The report had been compiled with the assistance of DHS.

The report warned law enforcement agencies to watch for suspicious individuals who may have bumper stickers for third-party political candidates such as Ron Paul, Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin.

It further warned law enforcement to watch out for individuals with "radical" ideologies based on Christian views, such as opposing illegal immigration, abortion and federal taxes.

Chief James Keathley of the Missouri State Patrol issued a statement that the release of the report, which outraged conservatives nationwide, prompted him to "take a hard look" at the procedures through which the report was released by the MIAC.

"My review of the procedures used by the MIAC in the three years since its inception indicates that the mechanism in place for oversight of reports needs improvement," he wrote. "Until two weeks ago, the process for release of reports from the MIAC to law enforcement officers around the state required no review by leaders of the Missouri State Highway Patrol or the Department of Public Safety."

"For that reason, I have ordered the MIAC to permanently cease distribution of the militia report," he said. "Further, I am creating a new process for oversight of reports drafted by the MIAC that will require leaders of the Missouri State Highway Patrol and the Department of Public Safety to review the content of these reports before they are shared with law enforcement. My office will also undertake a review of the origin of the report by MIAC."

summary: If you agree with the founding fathers and the constitution fuck you.

I wonder where the next Waco massacre will be?

Can't wait for the brown shirts with obama O arm bands to come accost me. woot.

Italian Jew
14 Apr 2009, 02:07pm

I wonder where the next Waco massacre will be?

Can't wait for the brown shirts with obama O arm bands to come accost me. woot.

Horrible summary btw

There is a difference between being butthurt over losing and going apeshit/mass murder over losing. Extremists who would use violence because they can't cope with a difference in opinion are not what I would consider "agreeing with the founding fathers and the constitution"

If you are a threat to the general public, why isn't it proper for the government to do something about it? The reports just warns against possible violence, not anybody who just merely thinks a certain way. Blown out of proportion again?

PotshotPolka
14 Apr 2009, 02:08pm
:ranger:

*Me scrolling through Drudge, and not being very surprised to see this article.

They should of been explicit with what groups they mentioned, I personally would of sent a steaming goddamn letter to my congressman if this had been directed at say, Libertarians, or even the fricken NRA for that matter.

EDIT: Lol, I just one such group: http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/12227/

Red
14 Apr 2009, 02:14pm
Blown out of proportion again?

They're the ones mentioning Ron Paul stickers. That's what's blown out of proportion.

Slavic
14 Apr 2009, 02:51pm

Radicals who want small government and civil right; yes.

Radicals who want to impose religious doctrine and racial hate; no.

There are two sides to this coin

PotshotPolka
14 Apr 2009, 02:52pm
They're the ones mentioning Ron Paul stickers. That's what's blown out of proportion.

People don't even know who Ron Paul is, or that he's even a Republican congressman, even if he is Libertarian. Fucking retarded.

Red
14 Apr 2009, 02:53pm
he's a right wing extremist, watch out

tank40175
14 Apr 2009, 04:52pm
Got to love their "definitions"...... They are making it where they say whoever disagrees with he Democrat's agenda can be classified some kind of terrorist. One definiton they left out "If they are a registered Republican...."

Italian Jew
14 Apr 2009, 04:57pm
Got to love their "definitions"...... They are making it where they say whoever disagrees with he Democrat's agenda can be classified some kind of terrorist. One definiton they left out "If they are a registered Republican...."

Ummm....no?

:crazy:

tank40175
14 Apr 2009, 07:06pm
Well the report says, people opposed to abortion.... people who believe Christian prophecy/ ideals.... Third party bumper stickers..... someone who went and bought a gun that may get banned before it may happen..... stockpiling food for a potiential disaster.... alot, not all,of issues outlined are Democrat agenda, thier very campaian platform. Much of what is outlined here is profiling not only 3rd party members, but people that hold opposition to Democrat views in general. Does that make them "extremist", well no. But according to this report it would make anyone of other than a pure Democrat view, a person of intrest. But this all by this MIAC, and they are clearly biased. But anyone who reads through the report fully can see what type of profiling was being done... That's why it was ordered to be ceased, I would think. They just throw in "Extremist" and name some groups here and there, but profiling was being done from a certian political viewpoint, and labeling others without that view as "Extremist".

Italian Jew
14 Apr 2009, 07:33pm
Well the report says, people opposed to abortion.... people who believe Christian prophecy/ ideals.... Third party bumper stickers..... someone who went and bought a gun that may get banned before it may happen..... stockpiling food for a potiential disaster.... alot, not all,of issues outlined are Democrat agenda, thier very campaian platform. Much of what is outlined here is profiling not only 3rd party members, but people that hold opposition to Democrat views in general. Does that make them "extremist", well no. But according to this report it would make anyone of other than a pure Democrat view, a person of intrest. But this all by this MIAC, and they are clearly biased. But anyone who reads through the report fully can see what type of profiling was being done... That's why it was ordered to be ceased, I would think. They just throw in "Extremist" and name some groups here and there, but profiling was being done from a certian political viewpoint, and labeling others without that view as "Extremist".

That was in the Missouri report, not the one by the DHS. The Missouri report was the one that was just throwing everybody in one pot, but it was also blasted by the chief of the Missouri Highway patrol. He said no other reports would be created like it, so hopefully that problem is fixed.

The DHS report is focused on violent groups and not just every ideology that goes against the current administration (which is what some would want you to believe).

EDIT: In the actual report, one group was cited saying that the loss of jobs and rise of foreclosures is due to "a deliberate conspiracy conducted by a cabal of Jewish 'financial elites' "

Damn, they caught us!

tank40175
16 Apr 2009, 05:33am
EDIT: In the actual report, one group was cited saying that the loss of jobs and rise of foreclosures is due to "a deliberate conspiracy conducted by a cabal of Jewish 'financial elites' "

Damn, they caught us!

lol....I thought about throwing in some smart ass comment about that. But personally I think if the Jews were running things, well they wouldn't be going to crap like they are. And Israel would be the safest place to live........

Slavic
16 Apr 2009, 08:49am

Well i'd hope that this report doesn't talk about Democratic Party ideals and agendas because the whole article is about RIGHT Wing Extremists. It would be silly for me to write a security report on possible Right Wing Extremism and include the weathermen and SDS.

All of these reports are biased because they specificly target certain groups that fit the reports criteria; like it is supposed to do. There have been similar reports back in the day when Left Wing radical groups where having their hayday, there have been similar reports when possible domestic Islamic Extremism was on the rise, now that there is a chance for Right Wing radical groups to incite violence don't get your panties in a bunch because you support some of their positions.

How is the attitude of this report no different then the numerous reports and incidents of law enforcement actions taken against those of middle eastern decsent of the past few years. Why is it that when a middle eastern family is searched and bared from an airline with out warning is seen as a necessary evil to keep this nation safe, but if the same scenario were to be applied to a possible Right Wing Radical, it is a great calamity and injustice to our liberty.

Red
16 Apr 2009, 09:48am
Because far more people of middle eastern decent have targeted our nation recently than Timothy McVeigh types.

Red
16 Apr 2009, 10:05am
They were shut down

Red
16 Apr 2009, 10:10am
It's okay, Jack will still save us

broncoty
16 Apr 2009, 08:46pm
It's okay, Jack will still save us

He always does!

PotshotPolka
17 Apr 2009, 05:56am
He always does!

With or without a mediocre plot line?

Italian Jew
17 Apr 2009, 10:34am
With or without Elisha Cuthbert?

PotshotPolka
17 Apr 2009, 11:21am
lol... the irony simply drips off this one.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/back-story/2009/apr/17/liberal-actress-says-tea-parties-were-racist/

Liberal actress and political activist Janeane Garofalo, in all seriousness, said activists who attended tea parties are racists with dysfunctional brains in a recent prime-time television appearance.
"Let's be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It's not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea party was about. They don't know their history at all. It's about hating a black man in the White House," she said on MSNBC's "The Countdown" with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. "This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that."
Olbermann did not once try to challenge her on those assertions.
The actress went on to describe the brain size of typical "right-winger, Republican or conservative or your average white power activist."
"Their synapses are misfiring. ... It is a neurological problem we are dealing with," she said. This isn't the first time she's offered this analysis, either. Ms. Garofalo said similar things about Alaskan GOP Governor Sarah Palin's brain last February in an interview with an environmental blog.
The actress went on to bash the GOP on MSNBC Thursday because it had "crystallized into the white power movement" as well as Fox News, which she said has captured the "Klan demo[graphic]."
"Who else is Fox talking to? Urban older white guys and their girlfriends who suffer from Stockholm Syndrome," she said.
Ironically, Ms. Garofalo is currently playing a role on the drama 24, which is aired by the Fox Broadcasting Company and is popular among conservative circles.

Italian Jew
17 Apr 2009, 11:32am
Yeah, she is a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bit nutty

Some of the protestors, sure, they may just be hating on the "black guy", but most of them are just stating their opinion. There is nothing wrong with this, except the people who ALWAYS bring their children to protest as well.

PotshotPolka
17 Apr 2009, 11:46am
Tbh, the majority of the fools at these tea parties are unaware of what they're standing against. "WE'RE AGAINST BIG GOVERNMENT AND TAXES!" So am I, but its because I believe the healthcare system, Social Security, and the debt will eventually become wholly unaffordable, not because my party or favorite TV show host screamed it was so.

It sickens me that Republicans and Democrats are so similar and yet so fucking partisan, they forgot what they stood for a long time ago.

trakaill
17 Apr 2009, 09:06pm

out of proportion you say??

Here, change your zoom level, it should fit just fine

Notice how the flag symbolizes our freedom of retarded signatures.

ALSO RON PAUL 08.

I'm not being an asshole by the way, this is to prove a point. By current logic, this image should be perfectly acceptable as a forum signature.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7025/ronpaul2008signamericandx1.jpg

sorry I had to!:cheesy:

PotshotPolka
17 Apr 2009, 10:25pm
I thought everything pertaining to that sociopathic ass had been burned to the ground?