PDA

View Full Version : gg_gangfight

Matt.
24 Oct 2007, 04:59pm
Looking for help in creating a simple map. Just people spawning right across from eachother and shooting. Its aiming and timing which makes it a map that requires skill. Since I suck at Map Making I was wondering if anyone would either help me learn or make them map for me.

Here os a cheap sketch from Paint.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3589/gggangfightmr8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

HankTheTank
24 Oct 2007, 07:00pm
i see no ct spawn :-o

contempt
25 Oct 2007, 01:54am
That's an interesting idea of a GG map, but I'm a bit confused. :confused:
- "12 spawn points on each side" - I'm counting 24 (on each side).
- Tho it's probably just an oversight, there is no CT spawn, as Hank already said. On what side would the CT spawn be?

There should be more items scattered around the map, including fire barrels and a few boxes (4 on each side [8] or 4 in the middle of the map or somethin'), no freezetime, and maybe 2 or so seconds invulnerabilty (no lame kills).

contempt

HankTheTank
25 Oct 2007, 04:14pm
if i could get the thing, i could prolly fix it up on SDK to make it pretty sweet

Matt.
19 Nov 2007, 07:27am
Well to answer the questions, this was a retarded idea to do on paint :rolleyes:, So I'll explain.

1: CT spawn is on one of the sides
2: There is meant to be 12 spawns on each side. I made too many.
3: Yes I want random barrels to the side. I wanted it to be completely dark except for fire.

Also, this map I originally thought up for a deathmatch because it would be instant action. But the TK problem would be immense. So I need an actual map maker to do this for me since even after reading countless SDK tutorials... I suck ass.

HankTheTank
19 Nov 2007, 03:03pm
i could... try, im not sure how to get the lighting dark tho :( but i can trys

Sklar
20 Nov 2007, 08:24am
Well to answer the questions, this was a retarded idea to do on paint :rolleyes:, So I'll explain.

1: CT spawn is on one of the sides
2: There is meant to be 12 spawns on each side. I made too many.
3: Yes I want random barrels to the side. I wanted it to be completely dark except for fire.

Also, this map I originally thought up for a deathmatch because it would be instant action. But the TK problem would be immense. So I need an actual map maker to do this for me since even after reading countless SDK tutorials... I suck ass.

I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home from work.

Sklar
20 Nov 2007, 08:18pm
Pieced together an attempt at the map you described, and attached some screens. Open to suggestions if you have changes you want to make.

Only thing I'm weary of is that knife level is going to be borderline impossible.

Matt.
29 Nov 2007, 09:40pm
Pieced together an attempt at the map you described, and attached some screens. Open to suggestions if you have changes you want to make.

Only thing I'm weary of is that knife level is going to be borderline impossible.

Sklar thats exactly what I visioned it to be! Nice work! Send me the map file! It doesnt have to be knife. Its supposed to be a quick shooting and death lol. But great! I'm making an fpsbanana account and you'll get all the credit for making it. Once again thanks!