PDA

View Full Version : EPIC SCHELT.... CPU Use of Goliath very annoying

Red
12 Apr 2009, 04:10am
http://steamgamers.org/downloads/demos/6p_close_river_combat.2009-04-12.06-02-42.rec

1 hour 35 min

AI managed to stop at least 3 separate mass tank assaults by using a single Goliath to blow up our bridges with a dozen tanks on them.

Mega frustrating and fun

me, mick and juku vs expert germans

Farmer Mick
12 Apr 2009, 04:16am
was a good game

Fast Bullet
13 Apr 2009, 10:06am
OMG vs bots ON SCHELT ??? you need to start playing vs real ppl and then post a replay and SCHELT sucks.If you want me and blue are up for a 2vs2 .

Red
13 Apr 2009, 10:34am
i'll stick to bots

Fast Bullet
13 Apr 2009, 11:53am
i'll stick to bots

K you'r loss :biggrin1:

Red
13 Apr 2009, 12:11pm

No, it's when I pvp that it's a loss lol

Lux
13 Apr 2009, 12:54pm

Leave them, theres no hope. :wave::wave::wave:

Fast Bullet
13 Apr 2009, 02:06pm
Leave them, theres no hope. :wave::wave::wave:
LOL:dance:

LegalSmash
16 Apr 2009, 10:06pm
Seriously, PvP is just not enjoyable for some people.

Red
17 Apr 2009, 12:02am

Amen, I get enough stress at work, I don't want to extend that into the evenings

Lux
17 Apr 2009, 08:58pm

I don't think you can group PvP into one group. PvP can have all the plus sides of comp stomps whilst being a lot better.

Amen, I get enough stress at work, I don't want to extend that into the evenings

I guess thats an obvious reason for comp stomps.....when you're too lazy to try. Just seems a bit "zombie-ish" to me to be satisfied with a pre-determined result (you winning), and winning in the same fashion on the same map every time.

Fast Bullet
18 Apr 2009, 02:17pm
I don't think you can group PvP into one group. PvP can have all the plus sides of comp stomps whilst being a lot better.

I guess thats an obvious reason for comp stomps.....when you're too lazy to try. Just seems a bit "zombie-ish" to me to be satisfied with a pre-determined result (you winning), and winning in the same fashion on the same map every time.

Amen! :nuts:

XeNo
19 Apr 2009, 06:40pm
PvP's major downside is people like you two kids, I have not played CoH, but I know how PvP goes. Two people talk all the shit they want, such as (no offense) you two are entirely coming off as a pair of assholes.

And some people prefer not to have the stress that comes with PvPing in-community. It causes feuds and in-community flame fests in the end.

If Legal, Red, Mick, Slavic, Juku and who all else that prefer to play against comps start PvPing with people like you two, Drac, and so on...Whoever wins or loses, there will be flames and insults whether it's after the first battle, or the 10th, eventually you guys will be going at it back and forth even worse than how you're going back and forth now.

Dracula
19 Apr 2009, 07:04pm
PvP's major downside is people like you two kids, I have not played CoH, but I know how PvP goes. Two people talk all the shit they want, such as (no offense) you two are entirely coming off as a pair of assholes.

And some people prefer not to have the stress that comes with PvPing in-community. It causes feuds and in-community flame fests in the end.

If Legal, Red, Mick, Slavic, Juku and who all else that prefer to play against comps start PvPing with people like you two, Drac, and so on...Whoever wins or loses, there will be flames and insults whether it's after the first battle, or the 10th, eventually you guys will be going at it back and forth even worse than how you're going back and forth now.

Thats totally why theres a VERY large forum just for the purpose of PVP, I have yet to notice any flame wars, threads, or posts in general even over the matches witch actually have money on the line.

XeNo
19 Apr 2009, 07:13pm
Thats totally why theres a VERY large forum just for the purpose of PVP, I have yet to notice any flame wars, threads, or posts in general even over the matches witch actually have money on the line.
...What?

I'm assuming you mean on another website, or I'm blind.

If it's another website, then I can understand it.

However, here I would think it'd cause flame wars, considering some people in the community can't take anything so much as a 'omg you're dumb'.

Dracula
19 Apr 2009, 07:15pm
...What?

I'm assuming you mean on another website, or I'm blind.

If it's another website, then I can understand it.

However, here I would think it'd cause flame wars, considering some people in the community can't take anything so much as a 'omg you're dumb'.

Ya another site but youd have to figure its MUCh bigger then this and ive gone through the various game forums and yet to find a naked flame =[

XeNo
19 Apr 2009, 07:52pm
Ya another site but youd have to figure its MUCh bigger then this and ive gone through the various game forums and yet to find a naked flame =[
Well like I said, I imagine a site dedicated to PvP contains many people who have came there expecting to lose and win and deal with it, you know, the mentality of the place is in PvP where here we aim to relax and have fun, which is what most do.

Some people just relax and have fun in pvping, others have it in demolishing comps in different ways.

I can just see it now if you and red/slavic/legal or juku or whoever has a 1v1 battle and you win, there will be bragging in some form, and vice versa as well. In a community where we see each other often around the forums/vent, some crappy feud like that will eventually cause flames.

Lux
20 Apr 2009, 01:51am

You don't know what the hell you're talking about. You don't even play CoH, and I don't even like "PvP" as in 1v1. What I'm saying is playerS vs more playerS is FunneR, comprende?

Theres no flame wars in a fun 4v4 or 3v3, it can still be fairly casual and unless you have people too stuck up themselves to not rage at losing and do whatever it takes to try (but usually fail) and win you can have a good game.

So, one of SG forum's downsides is you, always trolling and in this case being the fail police.

XeNo
20 Apr 2009, 02:13am
You don't know what the hell you're talking about. You don't even play CoH, and I don't even like "PvP" as in 1v1. What I'm saying is playerS vs more playerS is FunneR, comprende?

Theres no flame wars in a fun 4v4 or 3v3, it can still be fairly casual and unless you have people too stuck up themselves to not rage at losing and do whatever it takes to try (but usually fail) and win you can have a good game.

So, one of SG forum's downsides is you, always trolling and in this case being the fail police.
ok.

I won't bother reiterating my post.

Lux
20 Apr 2009, 04:18am
ok.

I won't bother reiterating my post.

good. I didn't come up with the term "PvP" for 3v3, 4v4 etc thats just something WoW people have made up and I just use it to be on their "wave length".

Red
20 Apr 2009, 09:48am

As Xeno said, that's because those people CHOOSE to PVP and enjoy it.

We simply don't.

I hate losing in any game, and PVP on an RTS is worse, because it's drawn out, akin to be drawn and quartered instead of in FPS games where it's over instantly and you just try again next round.

In RTS games those "rounds" take a lot longer.

Lux
20 Apr 2009, 10:36am

We simply don't.

I hate losing in any game, and PVP on an RTS is worse, because it's drawn out, akin to be drawn and quartered instead of in FPS games where it's over instantly and you just try again next round.

So you play comp stomps just so that you can win? I hate losing but I love winning aswell, I'm willing to take the risk of losing though :dance:

Red
20 Apr 2009, 10:42am
With the last patch comp stomps have become more challenging.

And yes, I like having good odds of winning, but I enjoy the journey to victory.

Lux
20 Apr 2009, 11:59am
With the last patch comp stomps have become more challenging.

And yes, I like having good odds of winning, but I enjoy the journey to victory.

I guess....although I get bored with too good odds, if its no challenge its boring.

Also yeah I've been playing some non schelt/hochwald maps and expert comps are pretty dam hard to defeat.

Dracula
20 Apr 2009, 01:44pm

We simply don't.

Drawn out my ass longest 1V1 or 2V2 I ever played was 40min and by the 20-25 mnute mark we knew who won.

Red
20 Apr 2009, 01:54pm
I've never done a 1v1 or 2v2 pvp.

I like playing with 3 teammates on my side, which usually means 1+ hour matches.

I still don't understand why you guys are trying to change our minds on this.

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2009, 01:55pm
Drawn out my ass longest 1V1 or 2V2 I ever played was 40min and by the 20-25 minute mark we knew who won.

I've seen a 4v4 turn into 2.5 hour battles of attrition, which would make the guys who made the screenplay for Saving Private Ryan shit themselves. That's where its at, not your instant action stats padding bullshit.

Dracula
20 Apr 2009, 02:10pm
I've seen a 4v4 turn into 2.5 hour battles of attrition, which would make the guys who made the screenplay for Saving Private Ryan shit themselves. That's where its at, not your instant action stats padding bullshit.

Im not talking about 4V4 fail.

Lux
20 Apr 2009, 02:13pm

2.5 hours of the same stuff?? Really when games get that long it normally means some boring shit.

Also Red its because it would be nice to have more than 4 people who want to play vs other humans, so we could play against people we know.....but its hopeless apparently.

Dracula
20 Apr 2009, 02:29pm
2.5 hours of the same stuff?? Really when games get that long it normally means some boring shit.

Also Red its because it would be nice to have more than 4 people who want to play vs other humans, so we could play against people we know.....but its hopeless apparently.

Forget it Lux the day these guys get any skills to speak of is the day the world goes backward

Red
20 Apr 2009, 02:31pm
Forget it Lux the day these guys get any skills to speak of is the day the world goes backward

Pretty much just validated everything Xeno said about coming off as assholes.

Dracula
20 Apr 2009, 02:31pm
Pretty much just validated everything Xeno said about coming off as assholes.

You guys pretty much validated all data show Compstompers cant play for shit.

Red
20 Apr 2009, 02:34pm
Wow Drac

I REALLY want to pvp with you now

That was sarcasm btw

LegalSmash
20 Apr 2009, 02:51pm
Goddamn drac, stop acting like such a jackass. You should be a drug dealer, as much as you evidence your pushiness here.

Some of us like to pvp, some of us don't. The majority of people who play pvp occasionally like to pub, because its unpleasant to play against people you know. I don't mind pubbing, but I don't like playing against people from SG, same reason why I don't like to FPS on COD5 against my cousins, we are a team, we play together, or we don't play.

Some people here surprise me, polka is always trying to force fucking pvp with people, and then sheepishly shuts the hell up about the pvp when the 3 other people don't want to do it.

Plainly, PVP is a lot like a high stress exam, and when I finish going through my daily grind, I don't want to be stressed out. The damn bots got a WHOLE lot harder, and suffice for those of us that do not wish to engage other sg/zm people on pvp. This is not fucking calculus, its an issue of like, and dislike.

1v1 games are what they are quicky skirmishes, where the first player to get a cheap shot in wins, 2 v 2 are essentially the same. 4 v. 4 games turn into large scale strategy and cooperation matches. The problem with a lot of the pvp games, esp when I've played with people that I know, is that EVERYONE tries the same three bullshit early game tricks, and then someone ragequits when they are failing. I HATE ragequitters, and gives relic's inability to fix any connectivity errors, but rather just put out inexplicably light loaded and shitty expansions, I can totally understand why many people do not want to pvp.

Some people don't like it, just like anal sex, so stop trying to ram it in their asses.

Lux
20 Apr 2009, 03:03pm
. The majority of people who play pvp occasionally like to pub, because its unpleasant to play against people you know. I don't mind pubbing, but I don't like playing against people from SG

I don't get it. I'd much rather play against people I know and have some fun banter than play against people I don't know.

If you can't take the shame of losing a game and having to go and speak to those people again then I don't know what to say. Just to say honestly, between some of us in SG we might as well be pubbers to the other people anyway.

Also, whats the "three bullshit early game tricks"? Imo its better to get involved in the beginning rather than hope that you don't get first contact until after you've built 5 17 pounders or something.

Also, if I could find the "SG does not approve..." sign and quote Drac and cross out SG and put "Lux" I would, because really I think its more a difference in what people want to get out of the game rather than skill, but when it comes to comp stompers playing vs other humans you get whopped because you're not used to it, but then again thats just obvious stuff.

Astrum
20 Apr 2009, 03:35pm
1. I hate 1v1, stop challenging me. The battles are small, the game short, and unlike you I actually enjoy talking with people. I know, it's very amazing that a person who is part of a multiplayer gaming community enjoys playing games with people rather than against them.

2. I don't like playing against people in the community. I've done it before on numerous fucking occasions. Want to know the outcome? Someone pulls their modem. Every. Fucking. Time. So I'm not going to do it, get the fuck over it.

3. I don't mind doing PvP in pubs with friends. I've done it before and enjoy it, Legal made a thread saying we should get teams together to play in pubs. Amazingly we all said okay! OHLOL! So to state this plainly and reiterate the first two points, we like PvP, we don't like 1v1 who-can-rush-faster games, we don't like going against people we know.

4. Stop insulting our skill. From my point of view the only thing you can do is amass units and bum rush. To me that makes you the talentless person among us. In reality we both possess different skill sets. You're good at rushing and locking down the enemy early game. We're good at capturing territory and holding it against the computers onslaught while using team work to flank them and destroy their base. Really, I'm only going to say this one more time, stop fucking insulting our skill. You want to ever play a CoH game with any of us ever again? Then stop acting like a fucking tool.

Honestly, this is getting fucking retarded. All you're doing is annoying the fucking piss out of us. We don't enjoy what you enjoy. Get the fuck over it.

Fast Bullet
20 Apr 2009, 03:45pm
Someone pulls their modem. Every. Fucking. Time. So I'm not going to do it, get the fuck over it.

Thats been fixed .So now if sombody pulls there moden only they drop.

Dracula
20 Apr 2009, 03:46pm
2. I don't like playing against people in the community. I've done it before on numerous fucking occasions. Want to know the outcome? Someone pulls their modem. Every. Fucking. Time. So I'm not going to do it, get the fuck over it.

Afraid yull pull your modem?!

Have you actually ever played 1V1Automatch?

LegalSmash
20 Apr 2009, 03:52pm

My respect for dracula is officially buried under terry schiavo's dead ass.

Red
Did Matt/Paladin/Nightmare/Mammal/Appleshark/MasterKenny jack Drac's account?

Astrum
Thats been fixed .So now if sombody pulls there moden only they drop.

From what I've experienced since the expansion, I don't think so.

Congratulations, you're now persona non grata.

Lux
20 Apr 2009, 03:53pm
This is really pathetic now, from both sides.

Dracula
20 Apr 2009, 03:55pm
Taking that as a no, well then I hate to break the news but unless I can controll 75% of the map for a good bit of time I wont have enough units built in a whole game to bum rush not to mention all at one time.

Now I dare you go play 3-4 Automatches whatever faction I couldnt care less see how many times anyone has the right amount of units to bum rush especially is Wher, then come back and post your findings.

Astrum
20 Apr 2009, 03:59pm
This is really pathetic now, from both sides.

I came in here giving my stances on the issue, which many of us share. You don't like the way that I like to play my games? Tough shit, I couldn't care less.

Drac couldn't stop insulting my skill, so he can fuck right off. The mere fact that this discussion didn't end after my post (which was really just a rewording of a dozen previous posts) is baffling.

Different people derive pleasure from different things. News at 11!

Lux
20 Apr 2009, 04:19pm
I came in here giving my stances on the issue, which many of us share. You don't like the way that I like to play my games? Tough shit, I couldn't care less.
Er, I don't give a shit about your games its just annoying when people leave or reject the opportunity to play pvp over pvb.

E.G this happened yesterday

*vird in pc*
V:You playing CoH? Can you wait?
L:Yeah we haven't started yet come into our channel
V:YAY
*vird has joined the channel*
V:So we playing compstomp....
L:No pvp.
*vird has left the channel*

LOL. Come on its pathetic it was against randoms aswell, so we had to get a random on our team.

I am willing to play comp stomp, begrudgingly but if thats how I'll get a game with "friends" then ok. But when it comes to playing a 4 vs randoms instead of comps do those people have the same view? No, so I'm just fucked off with that.

Also I get rejected to play when theres 4 people because they are adament to play a comp stomp.

Comp stomps are decent, atleast when its not Schelt and Hochwald.....but would I turn down a "friend(s)" to do it? No.

The mere fact that this discussion didn't end after my post (which was really just a rewording of a dozen previous posts) is baffling.
Rofl.

Different people derive pleasure from different things. News at 11!
So? Kind of pisses me off how selfish/single minded people are. As you said, the whole point of multiplayer is to play with other people, not bots. I don't mind bots if I can't get other people, but the fact is, I'm not that much of an ass to say no to people and ruin their fun because I can't compromise.

So my final view is that I'm not going to bother asking anymore because why should I be chasing you guys for a game, because I'm fed up of the same retardness I see before my eyes.

Drac couldn't stop insulting my skill, so he can fuck right off.
Dracs being a bit strange....yeah.

Dracula
20 Apr 2009, 04:32pm
Er, I don't give a shit about your games its just annoying when people leave or reject the opportunity to play pvp over pvb.

E.G this happened yesterday

*vird in pc*
V:You playing CoH? Can you wait?
L:Yeah we haven't started yet come into our channel
V:YAY
*vird has joined the channel*
V:So we playing compstomp....
L:No pvp.
*vird has left the channel*

LOL. Come on its pathetic it was against randoms aswell, so we had to get a random on our team.

Thats skill DUH

XeNo
20 Apr 2009, 07:54pm
Whats ironic is Lux and Drac have two completely different points they're trying to push, and the only are attempting to agree on the fact that they believe red/legal/astrum have no skill cause they comp stomp all the time.

You don't have to play CoH to notice Lux is completely ignoring half of their posts, and Drac is just arguing. Lux is complaining they don't PvP at all when they've all openly agreed they're like playing PvP games so long as it's not against people in the community. His example he's brought up was Vird, and my biggest guess/assumption to why Vird reacted that way to a PvP game is because, here's a shocker, he's not like Red/Legal/Astrum and perhaps he doesn't like PvP at all, perhaps he's bad at CoH so he prefers Comp stomps rather than getting rolled all the time, who knows, but he's not one of the people you're "arguing" with so I don't see the point of bringing him into the conversation, much less the fact your point you were trying to make was one that is invalid as Red/Legal/Astrum have all said they like PvP just not against in-community people.

Drac is more or less just arguing they have no skill and that they have to play against him to prove their skill, when they refuse he's just baiting them in the classic way of saying 'LOLUSCARD?'. And agreeing with Lux cause he thinks Lux believes the same, which is not the case as Lux has also stated in his posts that he'll play PvP with community members against randoms, agreeing with the views of Red/Legal/Astrum.

So from what I can see, Drac is really the only one left arguing here soon as Lux can come to realize what their posts have been stating and that his argument is invalid of that they don't PvP.

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2009, 08:03pm
About sums it up.

Slavic
21 Apr 2009, 09:20am
My brain hurts

Red
21 Apr 2009, 09:35am
My brain hurts

same

LegalSmash
21 Apr 2009, 09:44am
same

this

Lux
21 Apr 2009, 12:12pm
Whats ironic is Lux and Drac have two completely different points they're trying to push, and the only are attempting to agree on the fact that they believe red/legal/astrum have no skill cause they comp stomp all the time.

You don't have to play CoH to notice Lux is completely ignoring half of their posts, and Drac is just arguing. Lux is complaining they don't PvP at all when they've all openly agreed they're like playing PvP games so long as it's not against people in the community. His example he's brought up was Vird, and my biggest guess/assumption to why Vird reacted that way to a PvP game is because, here's a shocker, he's not like Red/Legal/Astrum and perhaps he doesn't like PvP at all, perhaps he's bad at CoH so he prefers Comp stomps rather than getting rolled all the time, who knows, but he's not one of the people you're "arguing" with so I don't see the point of bringing him into the conversation, much less the fact your point you were trying to make was one that is invalid as Red/Legal/Astrum have all said they like PvP just not against in-community people.

Drac is more or less just arguing they have no skill and that they have to play against him to prove their skill, when they refuse he's just baiting them in the classic way of saying 'LOLUSCARD?'. And agreeing with Lux cause he thinks Lux believes the same, which is not the case as Lux has also stated in his posts that he'll play PvP with community members against randoms, agreeing with the views of Red/Legal/Astrum.

So from what I can see, Drac is really the only one left arguing here soon as Lux can come to realize what their posts have been stating and that his argument is invalid of that they don't PvP.

Ok I'll give you some credit here, but I haven't said anyone has no skill, my personal opinion isn't that comp stomps is for noobs, but it comes down to me not agreeing with how they like to play the comp stomps, especially as it fails in pvp. Leaving that aside, I do know that they like PvP against randoms, which I have acknowledged in an earlier post, but again my opinion differs here, because whilst I am happy to do PvP against randoms or people in the community I'd rather do against people in the community, but the downside is that sometimes you have people who pull the plug (Mikey, Mick? I dunno). But out of the people I generally play with non of us pull the plug, but I think theres more to it than just that, like not wanting the aftermatch flame fests the winners/losers start, again though I try to avoid this and the people I play with normally do too, but lets forget this point its been debated enough.

With Vird, I was just making an example of the people who really frustrate me, maybe its not right of me to get annoyed with those who use the tactics some people are adament/can't be asked/not good enough not to use, but again this has been gone over and none of the people I'm strictly talking about in this case aren't in the discussion, so lets just stop this debate.

Also Dracula I don't think you're making this any easier for anyone. We share some views but I don't want to draw a great divide between "us" and "them" plus no one is going to take you seriously.

Dracula
21 Apr 2009, 01:04pm
Also Dracula I don't think you're making this any easier for anyone. We share some views but I don't want to draw a great divide between "us" and "them" plus no one is going to take you seriously.

Lol do you think I care if im invited to there comp stomps or not?

Red
21 Apr 2009, 01:10pm
Seriously Drac what the fuck

Lux
21 Apr 2009, 01:56pm
Lol do you think I care if im invited to there comp stomps or not?

Yeah I'm not saying that, but still I'd rather not be in your position now lol

Fast Bullet
21 Apr 2009, 02:12pm
K well i think we cant stop now .I see now that they wont stop the comp stomping for sure i don't care if they think its fun fine ,every person can play any way they want.But if you want to play vs pubbers and win you can ask me and blue to play whit you XD .

Dracula
21 Apr 2009, 02:18pm
Yeah I'm not saying that, but still I'd rather not be in your position now lol

Lol you mean disagreeing with the majority of COH players here.:laugh:

Lux
21 Apr 2009, 02:40pm
K well i think we cant stop now .I see now that they wont stop the comp stomping for sure i don't care if they think its fun fine ,every person can play any way they want.But if you want to play vs pubbers and win you can ask me and blue to play whit you XD .

Me too.

Lol you mean disagreeing with the majority of COH players here.:laugh:

I'd rather not be on the e-hate list :eek::eek::eek:

PotshotPolka
21 Apr 2009, 03:20pm

It's well beyond that and he knows it, he's just being a shit.

Fast Bullet
22 Apr 2009, 07:07am
It's well beyond that and he knows it, he's just being a shit.

:cry:

Harpr33t
30 Apr 2009, 06:03pm
Did Matt/Paladin/Nightmare/Mammal/Appleshark/MasterKenny jack Drac's account?

No, hes just being an asshole.

Dracula
30 Apr 2009, 06:07pm
No, hes just being an asshole.

Some one needs to let threads die?

Lux
1 May 2009, 06:49pm
Lol that replay is CLASSIC. Still its not perfect Drac....needed some more 17 pounders