PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy's HAWX

Thefreshprince
11 Apr 2009, 06:38am
HAWX is a 3rd person/cockpit aerial warfare videogame for Windows, 360, and ps3. Released in February for the 360 and ps3, march for the PC.

You start off on a pretty easy mission, destroying some mexican rebels or something, then you have to protect the GHOST recon team, as you may remember from some earlier games. Also pretty easy. The second mission is you have to protect some foreigners oil rig as the other 2 have gotten blown up and so he hires a PMC ( The one you're in after leaving the airforce once they disbanded your squadron.)

At first the mission is simple, just fly around killing all the tanks and shit that come near the oil refinery.

Then more waves come and shit starts getting crazy as you are trying to take out the bombers and also the tanks at the same time, you have 2 wing mates with you that you can set to attack enemies or defend you, I'm not entirely certain how they work because I don't care.

After killing a decent amount of planes and tanks I crashed trying to pull up. That's another thing, if you don't have a joystick, the controls for the PC are pretty shitty, seeing as how you can't really chance your mouse sensitivity in-game.

Overall the music is good, the graphics are amazing, the plot is...I don't know yet, but it seems average for a video game, and the controls are pretty sub-par for PC, I can't speak for the 360, PS3 or joystick controls.

I give it a 6.9/10.

Panzerschrek
25 Apr 2009, 07:41pm
Yes, I agree, this game is absolutely wonderful, make sure you have a big computer configuration to make it turn, and a GPU that allow Dx10. Now, I'm at the stage where I need to defend the USA president, and your HUD is in failure, this is realy intense, I love it (sorry for my bas english. I'm a Quebecker from Canada, so I talk french.)

8 / 10 (the game is a little bit to arcade for me, there is not enough real dogfight simulation)

Frostbyte
25 Apr 2009, 08:16pm
A couple of my friends gave me decent reviews on it, but I wasn't sure if I was going to pick it up. I haven't even played an aerial game since Soviet Strike for the ps1, so, I dunno, I might rent this.

Eldest
3 May 2009, 10:08am
I don' t have a joystick for PC so I'll be passing this one I guess, seems pretty boring to play with a keyboard..?

Italian Jew
3 May 2009, 11:46am
I don' t have a joystick for PC so I'll be passing this one I guess, seems pretty boring to play with a keyboard..?

I'd think all 3D flying games would suck without a joystick

PotshotPolka
5 May 2009, 03:22pm
It sucked royally. If you want a good fighter game go play Battlestations: Midway

Pointman
11 May 2009, 08:43pm
I must admit that after learning how to fly real planes, playing this game just didn't feel real enough, unlike the microsoft flight simulators, if you like arcade-style games, this is for you

Modgers1
13 May 2009, 04:14pm
It sucked royally. If you want a good fighter game go play Battlestations: Midway

Agreed.

Played the demo, uninstalled it 5 minutes later. Worst flight-game I've ever had to play; worse than the original "Top-Gun" PC game from the late 90's.

-Modgers

Italian Jew
13 May 2009, 04:56pm
Agreed.

Played the demo, uninstalled it 5 minutes later. Worst flight-game I've ever had to play; worse than the original "Top-Gun" PC game from the late 90's.

-Modgers

It was fun to sink the aircraft carrier though :D

Renzeko
30 May 2009, 03:53pm
Ugh, now this game, I did NOT LIKE!
It just felt so fake...

I really prefer Ace Combat series, I really wish they don't make future releases XBOX exclusives, they could make SO MUCH MORE money from making it a cross console...

( I loved how in Ace Combat 4 [ I think ] on the level where they were going to nuke the ships in the water, and you and your squad had to climb to 32000 feet in under a minute or so, it was so intense, and then BOOM!! huge nuke, I get goosebumps just thinking about it.)

Slovenec
30 May 2009, 03:57pm
The game is too easy
I had no problems doing on hardest and its really weird that a yet can have 200+ rockets
but graphic is nice and the game is pretty good to fill your time..