PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 2 review

opium101
11 Apr 2009, 01:57am
Far Cry 2 start that ur char goes to Africa and is gonna kill a guy Called "The Jackal" who is a Big GunDealer and has Spread out guns too the ppl in Africa but when u get there u get Malaria and u end up sleeping at a hotel when u wake up "Mr Jackal" is sitting there and talking to u (hes pissed) and then a local war breaks out in the Village ur sleeping in.

the game is kindaa awsome the first 3 times u play it because of the big landscape of the game and all the ppl u get to kill (if ur a sick man like myself) and u start doing missions for ppl and after sometime u get to the second world and u keep doing ur missions there and after some time u complete the game.

The online playing of the game Sux (my opinion) because when u play a ranked match after the match u get dissconnected from the server and have to rejoin the server or any server.

The map Editor is awsoem i love making maps and when u have made the maps u can just upload it to the far cry 2 online community or something and then other ppl can dl it and play it!

so the singelplayer is awsome but the miltiplayer needs some work (my opinion)

Eldest
11 Apr 2009, 02:01am
There is a lot of traveling in this game, and as I am a a person who rather enjoys 1)Climbing buildings, cliffs etc. 2)killing hordes and hordes of enemies I didn't not find this game that good, I actually even haven't played through the first ACT yet, I will probably finish this game in the future, but I don't find it that addictive to play. Other than that, the game mechanics are cool, the environment looks super sweet and the physics are great too.

Huwajux
14 Apr 2009, 07:49am
Yeah, way too much travelling in this game. It feels a bit hollow, you just go around killing 'bad guys' from one end of the map to the other. The story has little backbone to it either.

Red
14 Apr 2009, 09:48am
I just bought the game last night, should have read this first.

I already noticed that I'm spending way too much time in the jeep

XeNo
14 Apr 2009, 01:09pm
I typically only enjoy it due to it being a FPS and looking quite good graphics-wise, you do end up traveling way too much, but I kind of enjoy the missions and saving up to buy new weapons and stuff to just fuck around...And since it's one of the few games I got for free.

I need to buy more games...Farcry 2 and Source won't keep me entertained long enough.

Red
14 Apr 2009, 01:11pm
Oh, can anybody help me with mike's bar/gunstore.

I JUST started the game last night, I drive down to Mike's bar and the gunstore like they say to, and there's nobody in the gunstore and the bar is locked. Wtf?

XeNo
14 Apr 2009, 01:16pm
Oh, can anybody help me with mike's bar/gunstore.

I JUST started the game last night, I drive down to Mike's bar and the gunstore like they say to, and there's nobody in the gunstore and the bar is locked. Wtf?
It's annoying, you have to go to the gunstore, push E on the keyboard, then get out of that, and then you go to the bar and the entrance is around the back of the place, where the tables and chairs are.

Suri
14 Apr 2009, 01:26pm
I have the game and only played to the end of the first cut scene. Yeah never really got to any real game play.

I still need to finish FEAR2 and I just picked up RE5 for the 360. So Hmmmmmmm This game may get the backseat for a long time.

SpEeD
14 Apr 2009, 01:27pm
Thats when i quit the game because i couldnt figure out what to do, then i went to play it online :tape:

Iron_Man
5 May 2009, 04:16pm
lol this game was FAIL beacse it plays out like this, you kick ass for 60% of the game then travel everywhare for 30% of the game....then...die for a really crap reason at the end of the game 10%..................Done lol

Just whay over-rated!

BOOWY
6 May 2009, 11:42am
I hated Far Cry 2. It's a giant mess. The beeping radar thing when diamonds or whatever are close is horrible, Far Cry 2 still has the same problem the original did with not knowing where on God's green Earth you're getting shot from half the time, traveling is tedious, fighting on the road between missions is annoying, the list goes on and on. I couldn't believe how Far Cry 2 was so widely praised across review sites when I was playing it.

I don't remember this part of the game too well, I spent a good 2 or 3 hours playing it before I dropped it and never picked it up again, but I don't remember seeing wild animals... at all. The game is set in Africa for fucks sake, where are all the elephants and lions and zebras and gazelles and stuff? Ubisoft tries to sell the game's African setting so hard and yet Africa is almost devoid of animals, one of the more iconic assets of African land. I'm surprised they didn't put that along with a bow n' arrows in the game and allowed you to hunt for food(health). Not to mention you could have arrows with tips lit on fire and use it as a stealth weapon to set things like huts and trees on fire as a distraction.

There's just a general lack of thought applied to Far Cry 2 from the development side of things.

Leon
6 May 2009, 02:17pm
Several species of African wildlife can be encountered in the game, and are able to distract the enemy as well as make them aware of the players' presence.[13] All the large animals in the game are grazing herbivores, such as zebras, wildebeest, gazelle, buffalo, impala, and gemsbok.

^^^

I also DID NOT buy the game because of these reasons:

Far Cry 2 also suffers from a number of technical problems across all platforms, such as crashes,[62] corrupt save files,[63] freezes,[64][65] and critical mission characters disappearing from the game[66]. In the PC version of the game, several users were able to get rid of some of these technical problems (crashes at launch) by disabling audio entirely. One of the biggest issues of the game is a corrupt saves issue where all of a player's saves are corrupted thus making it impossible to finish the game[67][68]. A solution for the saved games issue is in the works according to Ubisoft, but 7 months after its release there is still no fix, nor one is sight. [69].

Additionally, many players who are experiencing problems in multiplayer have set up a dedicated server online. Another known glitch is a multiplayer error that occurs if the entire campaign is completed before playing multiplayer.[citation needed] Players have also reported constant disconnection from the servers online, incorrect updating of stats and constant freezing.

Huwajux
6 May 2009, 04:10pm
I also DID NOT buy the game because of these reasons:
Oh thank God! I thought it was my Xbox about to RRoD.