PDA

View Full Version : Reestablishing Voteban and Votekick

Kay
9 Apr 2009, 07:29pm
Since Votekick and Voteban have been deestablished, i have noticed the amount of people breaking the rules have gone up. Asd much as many people wish it could be so, admins can't be on every server 24/7. We have to give the players some power to end rule-breaking in cases where an admin can't be contacted.

Cooki3Monsta
9 Apr 2009, 08:51pm
What do you think the player complaint section is for?

Resistance
9 Apr 2009, 08:52pm
Which is the two of lesser evils?

We all know that a admin cannot be on 24/7. But theres always a admin whenever there's alot of people in the server.

I'd rather keep voteban and votekick out. Because it can be abused by a group of people. So no.

Keep it off.

It's been discussed before.

~Mod

Dracula
10 Apr 2009, 12:51pm
What do you think the player complaint section is for?

QFT

As a side note I find it sad that very few regs or "members" even know how to take a demo.

CandleJack
10 Apr 2009, 01:35pm

We all know that a admin cannot be on 24/7. But theres always a admin whenever there's alot of people in the server.

I'd rather keep voteban and votekick out. Because it can be abused by a group of people. So no.

Keep it off.

~Mod

^^

This

Doctordan
10 Apr 2009, 02:20pm
Dracula stop dissing regs when i go on i go on to have fun if someone is impeeding this i take a demo
and where are the hgs demos i see very few them so stop crying about this

@Kay take a demo final awnser

Hazardous
10 Apr 2009, 02:22pm
Dracula stop dissing regs when i go on i go on to have fun if someone is impeeding this i take a demo

andre1028
10 Apr 2009, 02:40pm

Doctordan is technically right though.

Dracula
10 Apr 2009, 03:02pm

How many HG's come to the chatbox and cry for an admin? Also there are some good regs id say 5-8 at most and thats out of a whole bunch. And guess how many HG's ive had to instruct on how to take a demo? The rare times when someone does actually do andthing bad in the servers i play on i do submit a demo. Go check for yourself :D

Edit: And only three sucessful ones from you LOL

Frostbyte
10 Apr 2009, 03:48pm
Or, you can just save yourself the time and trouble and leave.

Next week: Frostbyte's guide to barricades... oh wait, shows cancelled.

| Exit Wound |
10 Apr 2009, 04:43pm

Keep it off.

~Mod

Yeah I agree on other servers I have seen this abused . and alot of different clans play on sg servers too.

Toxin
10 Apr 2009, 05:26pm
Imagine a half empty Dust Server and suddenly you have a 8 man clan joining and starts votebanning people to have the server for themselves and no one admin is online.

So, Demo them if they break the rules, because in general, an admin would ban someone for 5 minutes for rulebreaking, but if you get prove and upload it you can get a much longer ban for them.

Metal
11 Apr 2009, 09:04pm
ok, most of the time a admin like fail Arrow is on.
Ask a admin b/c vk and vb are spamming tools.
let the admins do the work

SoulKeeper
11 Apr 2009, 11:36pm
Voteban never really worked out.
There were always those AFKs, or those stupid enough not to type "voteban" and find their name.
If it is put back in, the amount taken to ban someone should be greatly decreased.

Metal
12 Apr 2009, 08:19am
Voteban never really worked out.
There were always those AFKs, or those stupid enough not to type "voteban" and find their name.
If it is put back in, the amount taken to ban someone should be greatly decreased.

and it will never work, thats why you need to add a admin to steam friends

Dante
12 Apr 2009, 09:08am
It's stupid and everyone would be banned from the servers. Thus leading to much more Crying and bitching. So why even do it it would fuck everything up.

SoulKeeper
12 Apr 2009, 09:33am
It's stupid and everyone would be banned from the servers. Thus leading to much more Crying and bitching. So why even do it it would fuck everything up.

If people are abusing it, couldn't you simply take a screenshot and post a ban request?
"omg ban him i dunt liek hem"

Dante
12 Apr 2009, 01:54pm
But you don't understand ppl would constantly abuse it banning anyone they want to and that leads to other ppl being morons and following them. Then half of our players will be banned from our servers.

It was removed for that purpose. If you have problems with people you record a demo by typing
EX: "record freekiller" in consle and type "status" and take a screenshot of their steam id. They will get banned if you post a complaint. It's simple as that.

Gumpy
12 Apr 2009, 04:18pm
Voteban would be a bad idea, just demo.

Votekick would actually be pretty good. I'm not going to demo someone for being afk or extending a round but a kick would be a good resolution.

Shadowex3
12 Apr 2009, 08:46pm
I wouldn't be so cocky about being an HG considering that it's just something you get after being regged for X months and having over 400 posts.

Kay
14 Apr 2009, 10:28am

I'm not complaining about a player, i'm just saying that we should have it for when admins can't be accessed.

Revert
14 Apr 2009, 12:52pm
QFT

As a side note I find it sad that very few regs or "members" even know how to take a demo.

I cant take demos but I know how (Not on dell)

SoulKeeper
14 Apr 2009, 01:25pm
But you don't understand ppl would constantly abuse it banning anyone they want to and that leads to other ppl being morons and following them. Then half of our players will be banned from our servers.

That has never happened while I'm around...
People were stupid enough not to ban HACKERS or GLITCHERS, let alone "LOL, LETS RANDOMLY BAN THIS GUY!"

We SHOULD have votekick back, though. If people are abusing it, and SOMEHOW get enough to actually kick you, you could easily get an admin to come in.

PingPong
14 Apr 2009, 01:52pm
As said before it has been discussed before and does not requir to be changed, what you do is take a demo and get there steam id and once you do that you upload to the forum with the steam id, simple as that and there gone, also if a member or a regular doesnt know how to take a demo just type demo and the persons name in consol (demo mr.blahblah), then type status in consol and find there name and copy it and then upload to forums. The votekick and voteban was WAY abused i remeber a year ago 4 people got votebanned because a group of people didnt like them. It was way to abused and should not come back. Enough said

Shadowex3
14 Apr 2009, 03:57pm
I think more effective solution than anything would be some sort of report function that pings vent for the admins or something.

tank40175
14 Apr 2009, 04:30pm
Take and add a couple of admins to your friends list, if you have problem with demo. Most generally if they are there, and not busy, they will come to server.

Dante
14 Apr 2009, 09:36pm
And to record Demos its

EX: In consle type "record freekiller" and then when your finished with the demo type "stop"

it's easy. But for the demos you must also have a screenshot or the steam id within the demo itself. But to take a screenshot press "F5" and also make sure it's under that key or whatever key you want.

SilentGuns
15 Apr 2009, 01:58pm
I wouldn't be so cocky about being an HG considering that it's just something you get after being regged for X months and having over 400 posts.

Yea... we need a better HG system , but more about that in another thread.

We can't get voteban and votekick back on the server because there are A LOT of immature people on the servers who abuse it. Just take a demo and for people who don't know how , read this : http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2975

Killer
15 Apr 2009, 02:47pm
SilentGuns;186228']Yea... we need a better HG system , but more about that in another thread.

We can't get voteban and votekick back on the server because there are A LOT of immature people on the servers who abuse it. Just take a demo and for people who don't know how , read this : http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2975

He is right. On some servers some group of immature players can decide to voteban someone just for the fun. I agree with Silent. And also if the player claims that he hasnt done anything wrong with the demo/screenshot we can look back in what actually happened.

Fuze
20 Apr 2009, 04:25pm
voteban was always abused by players. if someone is just afk people voteban them it was ridiculous

mr_cap
28 Apr 2009, 01:07pm
=] i mean sometimes i would like voteban and votekick back but i would just take an ss or a demo and put it in the player complaint section. much more efficient

Drox
28 Apr 2009, 11:52pm
I can see why some wouldnt want voteban on the servers, but votekick would be nice when a admin isnt around and no one reports a person for (most likely) mic spamming since thats the most annoying thing that happens 90% of the time. So bring it back for the sake of good gameplay when admin isnt around! :P