PDA

View Full Version : CHANGE: Hollywood now running parts of govt.

LegalSmash
7 Apr 2009, 01:07pm
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/tv/story/2009/04/07/penn-kal-obama-job.html

Lovely, I liked it better when he was on House

Red
7 Apr 2009, 01:10pm
ugh

Italian Jew
7 Apr 2009, 01:17pm
Well if he can teach a class on something like that, I guess he would be a good fit. Its not like he is underqualified for a position that clearly doesn't need a lot. He was cool on house though : (

Red
7 Apr 2009, 01:21pm
He just killed his career.

LegalSmash
7 Apr 2009, 03:59pm
he was on harold and kumar go to whitecastle... do I need to even TRY to impeach this guy's character and ability to make a proper government leader?

Kay
21 Apr 2009, 11:30pm
I don't get how a guy who was in a movie based on marijuana and sex is going to be involved in the American government. What is the world coming to?

Slavic
22 Apr 2009, 10:19am
I don't get how a guy who was in a movie based on marijuana and sex is going to be involved in the American government. What is the world coming to?

maybe because marijuana and sex arn't as taboo as you think.

Red
22 Apr 2009, 10:20am
But they sure as shit don't serve as qualifications for a job.

Unless your a drug dealing whore

trakaill
22 Apr 2009, 12:57pm
But they sure as shit don't serve as qualifications for a job.

Unless your a drug dealing whore

yeah but that should not be a factor..I mean after all he was a doctor too...who give a fuck...its more the fact that he did not study politic nor economic...has no experience in neither of these field...and he doesnt belong anywhere near the white house...
but hey YES WE CAN!!!!! change

Red
22 Apr 2009, 12:58pm
I'll take some change

Italian Jew
22 Apr 2009, 01:20pm
yeah but that should not be a factor..I mean after all he was a doctor too...who give a fuck...its more the fact that he did not study politic nor economic...has no experience in neither of these field...and he doesnt belong anywhere near the white house...
but hey YES WE CAN!!!!! change

He is a liaison to arts and entertainment groups and Asian American communities. He also taught a course at the University of Pennsylvania on Asian American Studies. I am pretty sure he is qualified for those positions.

Wrathek
22 Apr 2009, 01:55pm
I don't understand.. what kind of qualities are required to be a public liason?

I think any actor that people enjoy watching on movies/television is perfect for the job.

Slavic
23 Apr 2009, 08:42am
I don't understand.. what kind of qualities are required to be a public liason?

As long as you have good verbal, secratorial, and cultural skills with your specific sphere of work, then you can be a good liason.

Remember he is going to be a liason, not the Governer of California or President of the United States. But I guess if a Republican from Hollywood gets those jobs then evrything is all fine and dandy.

Wrathek
23 Apr 2009, 11:37am
sigh... do I need to use tags?

BOOWY
23 Apr 2009, 04:00pm
"Hollywood" has been "running parts of the government" since at least 1998 with Jesse Ventura as Governor of Minnesota. Where have some of you been the last couple of years?

The guy played the role of a stoner in a stoner film. Congrats, that's all you have against him. Let's not take into account that he's taught a course at an ivy league university dealing with Asian Americans in the media, is now pursuing a graduate certificate in international security from Stanford University and double majored in film and sociology at UCLA. Despite this you want to shoot him down because of a fictional character.

Some of you are beginning to make me physically ill just by reading your posts.

LegalSmash
23 Apr 2009, 06:43pm
"Hollywood" has been "running parts of the government" since at least 1998 with Jesse Ventura as Governor of Minnesota. Where have some of you been the last couple of years?

The guy played the role of a stoner in a stoner film. Congrats, that's all you have against him. Let's not take into account that he's taught a course at an ivy league university dealing with Asian Americans in the media, is now pursuing a graduate certificate in international security from Stanford University and double majored in film and sociology at UCLA. Despite this you want to shoot him down because of a fictional character.

Some of you are beginning to make me physically ill just by reading your posts.

Thats not all that impressive to be honest, there are a lot of people that have done that, they are called "most other graduate students of asian descent.

Sociology and Film as majors is the equivalent to receiving blowjobs in a tub of jello for 4 years of college, believe me, there are more useful majors out there, things that will help the economy: Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Urban/Civil Planning, Public Health and Public Management just to name a few. A certificate in international security on a guy who has a fallback career in acting is really useful, seriously it is, much like it would be useful for Paris Hilton to hold a healthcare sciences certificate.

or we could just find a steady middle point between being abject pussies on the world stage or being imbecile invading cowboys with our M-4's balanced on our cocks while we fly into yet another third world country in our 200 M dollar jets powered by microsoft.

If it really makes you sick that people are upset that parts of the government are being run by a select club of harvard elitist, pseudo and actual celebrities, and washed up, but for whatever reason not dead politicians from the clinton regime, you are in for a seriously ill, booey. Sean Penn and Fucking Kumar are NOT fucking civil servants, they are actors. In the end, if Kumar decides they don't pay him enough, or he doesn't like the work, or he doesn't get the same kind of pussy in the administration, he'll pack bags and get on another show or sit on his millions. This is a problem. Our civil servants should be people that want to serve, not because its a fucking novelty activity for a while, but because its their calling. Public service is important, and the people in those positions, in much of america's opinion should come from the same trenches that we all live in, not some place where "its all good" all the time. This was part of the problem with every person who holds office that is a celebrity, and even the Kennedys, they cannot understand/identify with the average american... and I don't mean "they are not fun to have a beer with", but "they cannot actually understand what being broke as fuck through endemic economic malaise" means.

This is not some sort of a shoring up of GWB either, I despise the idea of the government being run by a false moralled, bigoted, closet homosexual homophobic group of mock bible thumpers who want to tell the kids they just won't catch aids if they pray and make issues over whether science or jesus dinosaur funtime should be taught in schools. Jerry Goddamn Faldwell and Rush fucking Limbaugh do NOT represent the majority view points of most Conservatives in this country. The GOP has taken a decidedly extreme stance in the past election cycle, and the past 6 months.

I don't think its too much to ask that our elected officals who make * JUST* a minimum of 165K a year actually represent people in the country that are not part of a insular minority of evangelicals, or a pack of ivory tower and posh hollywood retards, or the unelectable third choice of a delusional retard doctor who sits around in a tin foil hat hoping the "man" doesn't get his "rays" in his thoughts. Libertarianism is a nice ideal, but if this country went to traditional libertarian government abruptly, thousands would starve to death because sadly, the majority of the people in this country are completely fucking reliant on the government.

I want normalcy, not excess to either direction, I don't want fucking plutocracy, or animal farm, I want the same America that my grandparent's immigrated to, which sadly, everyone has lost sight of.

I am pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

BTW, jesse ventura was elected governor to the state of minnesota, by a very slim majority... Minnesota... that state matters about as much as the dogshit I just saw on the side of the road. My walmart nearby has more political clout then that canadian infested shithole. This guy is occupying an office within the executive branch of the united states... big difference

Italian Jew
23 Apr 2009, 06:50pm
This guy is occupying an office within the executive branch of the united states... big difference

A relatively low key position that requires no significant qualifications.

LegalSmash
23 Apr 2009, 06:54pm
A relatively low key position that requires no significant qualifications.

Then give it to someone who needs a job and has the relatively low qualificiation, and not some celebretard with millions already.

Italian Jew
23 Apr 2009, 07:05pm
Then give it to someone who needs a job and has the relatively low qualificiation, and not some celebretard with millions already.

A nationwide contest to see who can win the position of associate director in the Office of Public Liaison? Wonder which network would get the greenlight...

He may actually have an interest in that position along with an aptitude to do the work *GASP* If you have somebody who is interested and qualified, why look elsewhere?