PDA

View Full Version : Napalm > Breakfloor?

Maxwelldon
6 Apr 2009, 02:31pm
So, should we or should we not convert Breakfloor to Napalm?

Yes I know last time Napalm failed but this time we should probably make some events on it as well to bring it back to life!
At least I'd LOVE to play on a napalm like server again.. Miss those the most in CSS :sad:

Vote, give opinions and discuss! No flaming tho, please!

ps. Napalm is where you build cades btw, if someone is unfamiliar

Italian Jew
6 Apr 2009, 02:32pm
So, should we or should we not convert Breakfloor to Napalm?

Yes I know last time Napalm failed but this time we should probably make some events on it as well to bring it back to life!
At least I'd LOVE to play on a napalm like server again.. Miss those the most in CSS :sad:

Vote, give opinions and discuss! No flaming tho, please!

If they brought back the settings that made it popular, then I would play on it every now and then.

Daze
6 Apr 2009, 02:33pm
Why? So we can kill off breakfloor too? It's not about space, it's about wasting a server when it will stay empty.

jigglebelljr
6 Apr 2009, 02:38pm
I say lets do it I know the naplam server before it was dead but i think people will come back because people know will appreste that napalm was dear to all of us and its how i got to sg and breakfloor is not doing well etheir so lets try it out and see how it does

Cooki3Monsta
6 Apr 2009, 02:43pm
Why? So we can kill off breakfloor too? It's not about space, it's about wasting a server when it will stay empty.

Have you ever played on napalm? It was the server that brought me to this community. I started out on unlim ammo servers then found the awesome Napalm. The server was always full when I played on it. We got the server back during the L4D phase with shitty maps. We had no events for it when we reopened it. Look at this thread. http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14717

Killer
6 Apr 2009, 02:45pm
I say we put it back really miss and to be honest breakfloor FAILS big time 100% support on it

Bethy
6 Apr 2009, 02:53pm
I say we get napalm back.
I haven't found a zombie server good like ours was.
I remember all the fun times we always had on it and I really think we could get it to work this time.
I'd do whatever I could to keep it populated.
NAPALM FTW.<3

Maxwelldon
6 Apr 2009, 02:54pm
I've heard that the dedis are already rather loaded.

I made this vote based on information I've been given and yea, Breakfloor is hardly played either at the moment.

Daze
6 Apr 2009, 02:55pm
Have you ever played on napalm? It was the server that brought me to this community. The server was always full when I played on it. We got the server back during the L4D phase with shitty maps. We had no events for it when we reopened it. Look at this thread. http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14717

Yup, I was around when it was popular, when it died. When it was resurrected and when it died again. It's a waste of time to try and bring it back unless everyone is behind it for like 3 months straight and let's face it, that wont happen. Players will get bored and eventually retreat to Prison Break, Minigames or any other CS:S mod that they're interested in. I don't think the map rotation was really a factor in why it never came back popular. Servers don't magically become popular overnight, it takes months of dedication to even get it reasonably populated.

If you guys really feel this is worth it then take it up with Haggard.

Maxwelldon
6 Apr 2009, 02:55pm
I remember all the fun times we always had on it and I really think we could get it to work this time.
NAPALM FTW.<3
Beth <3
Just keep making events every now and then to the server and most likely it'll get populated in a bit again ^_^

Longwave
6 Apr 2009, 02:57pm
NAPALM FTW.<3

agreed!!!

napalm was way better then break floor. i miss playing napalm. BRING IT BACK!!!

-Longwave

Mercy
6 Apr 2009, 02:57pm
breakfloor is retarted

flowrida
6 Apr 2009, 02:58pm
`if would stay on there for ours to at least make it seem like theres people in it. i <3 that server.....bring it back

Bethy
6 Apr 2009, 02:58pm
Beth <3
Just keep making events every now and then to the server and most likely it'll get populated in a bit again ^_^

That's what I think would make it work, plus, a lot of us want this.
We could all work together and dedicate time to make it popular again.
I'm all for this, 150%. :love:

Tcp-Kill
6 Apr 2009, 02:59pm
I agree, napalm should come back.

The thing is, when it comes back, no one will play it. We tried, but it still would fail, and it would stay empty.

Maxwelldon
6 Apr 2009, 03:00pm
That's what I think would make it work, plus, a lot of us want this.
We could all work together and dedicate time to make it popular again.
I'm all for this, 150%. :love:
I can leave my game run all day and night even if I wouldn't be there.. Problem tho is that there usually is the auto-kick after some while ^^'

Yet, I'd be up to just run around with folks and spend time learning build better cades all the time :biggrin:

The thing is, when it comes back, no one will play it. We tried, but it still would fail, and it would stay empty.
Last time I remember, Dust2 was being tried to get populated when we tried bring Napalm back.. :P

Bethy
6 Apr 2009, 03:01pm

You don't know that. Now that everyone has played L4D a whole lot, and everyone seems to want it back, why can't we at least so much as try it again? I mean, I know a lot of these players are willing to dedicate time to get it back on it's feet. I would. Don't be negative, we've grown as a community and I believe that we could bring it back, if we all contributed.

Maxwelldon
6 Apr 2009, 03:03pm
You don't know that. Now that everyone has played L4D a whole lot, and everyone seems to want it back, why can't we at least so much as try it again? I mean, I know a lot of these players are willing to dedicate time to get it back on it's feet. I would. Don't be negative, we've grown as a community and I believe that we could bring it back, if we all contributed. Indeed, agree with Beth here a whole bunch!
Just keep making events every now and then.. Most likely the server will catch up to popularity in a little while :blink1:

Paul
6 Apr 2009, 03:04pm
So, should we or should we not convert Breakfloor to Minigames Funtastic #2?

Yes.

Daze
6 Apr 2009, 03:04pm
You don't know that. Now that everyone has played L4D a whole lot, and everyone seems to want it back, why can't we at least so much as try it again? I mean, I know a lot of these players are willing to dedicate time to get it back on it's feet. I would. Don't be negative, we've grown as a community and I believe that we could bring it back, if we all contributed.

I don't think it's being negative, I think it's being a realist..

This works to a certain extent, you may be able to get up to about 15 players like dust2 but it will be shortlived by about an hour then empty again, yourself sitting in spectator wont really bring people in either..

tinkerbell
6 Apr 2009, 03:05pm
personally, i dont play on breakfloor, and i hardly ever see it even close to capacity, so i do agree that something needs to be done about. bringing back napalm would be nice, but im not sure that it will be as popular like it was, i know it brought alot of us here to steamgamers/zombiemurder.

so i do think we should give it another go and try and get it populated again.

Maxwelldon
6 Apr 2009, 03:10pm
This works to a certain extent, you may be able to get up to about 15 players like dust2 but it will be shortlived by about an hour then empty again, yourself sitting in spectator wont really bring people in either..
Honest, it works to certain extent : yes.
Tho it is one of most efficient ways to bring Napalm back if wanted by any means. Yet, I guess there would be people who want to play it after long time! At least I used to love play it with lot of folks..

Miss the times I started play like Raven and scream over mic "GET BACK HERE! I'LL STAB YOU IN THE BACK!" while running after some zombies and Actually knifing them! They start turning and BLAM, blast away with a shotgun, haha
- Haa, I just miss those days, they were the best part pretty much of the whole community :love:

Cooki3Monsta
6 Apr 2009, 03:12pm
We should get a chance to get the server back and popular. You are just thinking negatively. We got dust 2 populated right? How did we ? Events! , people staying in the server. I will dedicate most of my time to getting people on napalm. Its not like we don't have server space to get a 25 slot server.

Silentfaith
6 Apr 2009, 03:19pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14717
Look at my awsome thread ^^^

You guys gotta realize, the time it was quote "dead" was when Left 4 Dead came out, and which its now gay and over played. You also took away all the good maps, and left all the shitty maps like Viva la panic or w/e its called. You had 4 different versions set on like a 5 map rotation.. so 80% of the maps were that gay map.

There are so many people who would play Napalm if you brought it back. Breakfloor is garbage, its empty 24/7 BRING BACK NAPALM!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS THE FOUNDING SERVER!!!!!!!!

O M G !!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Pls !

Tcp-Kill
6 Apr 2009, 04:06pm
I'm not being negative, but you need to look at the real side of things. I, for one, would love it back, it was fun to play on and i was sad to see it go, but it would never get populated. At one time it would reach 10 players a night, but then after a while it would slowly go down hill. IF anything, don't get rid of breakfloor. It is doing fine, we should be able to just add a new server, and i don't think it would be THAT much of a performance decrease.

Paul
6 Apr 2009, 04:11pm
Turn it into MG #2 or A v P

'BEANIE
6 Apr 2009, 04:41pm
Napalm for ZM was the BEST.

MasterkennyG
6 Apr 2009, 04:54pm

agreed.. we dont need to kill breakfloor.. its a good server .. and breakfloor is also one of our longest servers still running

Dante
6 Apr 2009, 04:57pm
I say bring It back!! I might not have been here then but i loved playing on servers like that. You could add stuff like Jetpacks/unlimited ammo. They always make ppl wanna play more. And i never see anyone on Breakfloor. A minigames 2 would be nice but i say bring it back. I haven't played on a napalm server in over a year. And i belive with as many ppl said they want to play on it again I'm pretty sure ppl would start playing on it again.

SO BRING IT BACK BABY!!!

Also it might die in a couple of weeks when the new L4D expansion comes out.

Wrathek
6 Apr 2009, 05:10pm
bring it back and put ZOMBIE MURDER in the name :D

Xarshi
6 Apr 2009, 05:32pm
You have no idea how much I would love this to happen. I would play it non stop. A few times when trying to revive I would start dragging people in to try and get it populated. At points I would get 10 players or so, but that was when L4D was still being overplayed.

I admit I left the napalm server for L4D at one point, but now, I hate L4D as its over played and just boring. You guys should really give napalm one more chance. I know I'd do all I could to help out with its revival.

Cooki3Monsta
6 Apr 2009, 05:34pm
I say bring It back!! I might not have been here then but i loved playing on servers like that. You could add stuff like Jetpacks/unlimited ammo. They always make ppl wanna play more. And i never see anyone on Breakfloor. A minigames 2 would be nice but i say bring it back. I haven't played on a napalm server in over a year. And i belive with as many ppl said they want to play on it again I'm pretty sure ppl would start playing on it again.

SO BRING IT BACK BABY!!!

No jetpacks or unlim ammo. That is horribleee. I liked napalm since it didn't have unlim ammo

Dante
6 Apr 2009, 06:11pm
But jetpacks and unlimited ammo can be fun if you use them right :D

tank40175
6 Apr 2009, 06:29pm
I was here when Napalm was to be "resurected". At that time next to no events were made for it. But every few hours there was an event for FBG Defuse. I kinda blame that for Napalm not succeeding when it came back. Napalm was always populated before the settings were changed, after that is when it died. When the settings were put back noone got the word out. BRING NAPALM BACK!!! PLZ!

Jaffa
6 Apr 2009, 06:57pm
WOOT YEAH I LUVS NAPALMS, I NVR PLAYED ON IT BUT WOOT

Seriously, you want to switch our 10 slot breakfloor server to have a 10 slot napalm server?

I appreciate that Napalm was popular up to about half a year ago in our community, but it died. It became full of rank whores, an overloaded maplist (and yet the same maps over and over), the people who made it fun moved on from the server.

We tried to bring it back in January (febuary maybe even?), and it didn't last (despite some fun SG events). I'd hate to see our (pretty sure it is) Unique zombie breakfloor server removed.

Fair enough if you get permission to create it and try, but you better remember a zombie server won't become popular 24/7 overnight, so you guys voting Yes here better be prepared to make it work, to get it started when you see it empty, to deal with its issues, and to make it FUN like i was before. It'll take months of effort to build up a Napalm community base for it. Look at our 24/7 dust2 server, its the most popular map on css, and its our only server that is actually a true css server, yet its taken a while to get this server going (after several restarts), and its community base (from outside of SG) is only just starting to grow.

Good Luck if you want to bring Napalm back, but don't sacrifice Breakfloor

Dante
6 Apr 2009, 07:10pm

Seriously, you want to switch our 10 slot breakfloor server to have a 10 slot napalm server?

I appreciate that Napalm was popular up to about half a year ago in our community, but it died. It became full of rank whores, an overloaded maplist (and yet the same maps over and over), the people who made it fun moved on from the server.

We tried to bring it back in January (febuary maybe even?), and it didn't last (despite some fun SG events). I'd hate to see our (pretty sure it is) Unique zombie breakfloor server removed.

Fair enough if you get permission to create it and try, but you better remember a zombie server won't become popular 24/7 overnight, so you guys voting Yes here better be prepared to make it work, to get it started when you see it empty, to deal with its issues, and to make it FUN like i was before. It'll take months of effort to build up a Napalm community base for it. Look at our 24/7 dust2 server, its the most popular map on css, and its our only server that is actually a true css server, yet its taken a while to get this server going (after several restarts), and its community base (from outside of SG) is only just starting to grow.

Dude!!!! I've played on the breakfloor once, And other than that everytime i go to see who's on it (morning, Lunch, night) Noone, I REPEAT NOONE is ever on it. I have yet to see that server fully active. A regular zombie mod would be fun, and i think it would thrive.

Jaffa
6 Apr 2009, 07:18pm
With 10 slots (or maybe even up to 16 as it seems to fluctuate in size!!!)?

if you think we can fill a 10-16 slot server of zombiemod, go do something proactive about it. Go petition the BDs/Haggard in vent and pms and convince them to set it up.

Then ensure it stays full and is successful.

Until someone (or better, the 31 Yes voters here) is willing to spend their time to do this, Breakfloor should stay.

Cooki3Monsta
6 Apr 2009, 07:20pm

We basically want breakfloor removed so we could get napalm on! Anytime I ask a higher up they say there is no room for napalm.

Xtrm
6 Apr 2009, 08:20pm
I say kill off HnS, it was fun for the first week or two then everyone stopped playing. I haven't seen a single game going in about two weeks.

XeNo
6 Apr 2009, 09:55pm
We know from experience of trying to resurrect dead servers.

SO BRING IT BACK BABY!!!

Unlimited ammo is stupid, jetpacks are stupid. Our napalm was constantly full mainly because it didn't have unlimited ammo or stupid extras (Rpg and so on) like every other napalm out there.

We basically want breakfloor removed so we could get napalm on! Anytime I ask a higher up they say there is no room for napalm.
LIEK OMG -1 SERVER = 1 FREE SERVER SLOT RITE? HOW NO SPACE?

Those servers are low on player slots because we can't add any more slots to them. You're basically asking for a 10 player Napalm server. I'm sure that will go over well.

This is the same kind of thing that always happens when something dies, people assume soon as it comes back up it'll regain it's constant player base and original popularity, you guys are wrong.

You are what...30ish people saying you'll make it popular again? Lets say half of you are UK and other USA, that's generally a 7 hour difference from each other give or take, now most of you have jobs (guessing, who knows with people online nowadays) there's an even more limited amount of time you're on from each other.

In the end my point is you won't succeed, there will be two of you 'devoted napalm followers' on the server, and no one else will want to join a 2 person napalm server. Therefore, it's highly unlikely you guys will succeed by yourselves to resurrect it to it's once former glory.

P.S. Wtf is with you guys trying to take down Dust2?

Dante
6 Apr 2009, 10:08pm
Why do you have to be so negative. I mean don't douche it up and fuck up the vibe ppl want Napalm back. And Besides HnS is fun for like 20min/and breakfloor just blows so you guys could just drop those servers. they never get played on so who will really care?

And I still want it back i think there will be alot of ppl that will play. You may think not but thats cause you don't believe in it so i say don't put your say in it if you don't care.

Cooki3Monsta
6 Apr 2009, 10:20pm
LIEK OMG -1 SERVER = 1 FREE SERVER SLOT RITE? HOW NO SPACE?

Those servers are low on player slots because we can't add any more slots to them. You're basically asking for a 10 player Napalm server. I'm sure that will go over well.

This is the same kind of thing that always happens when something dies, people assume soon as it comes back up it'll regain it's constant player base and original popularity, you guys are wrong.

You are what...30ish people saying you'll make it popular again? Lets say half of you are UK and other USA, that's generally a 7 hour difference from each other give or take, now most of you have jobs (guessing, who knows with people online nowadays) there's an even more limited amount of time you're on from each other.

In the end my point is you won't succeed, there will be two of you 'devoted napalm followers' on the server, and no one else will want to join a 2 person napalm server. Therefore, it's highly unlikely you guys will succeed by yourselves to resurrect it to it's once former glory.

P.S. Wtf is with you guys trying to take down Dust2?

I think of you as a complete idiot currently. I know that even if we take down one server it may not be enough to host napalm. We could get rid of HnS and breakfloor . Guess what ? Space for a 32 slot server! We wouldn't waste our time posting here if we didn't think we could re populate napalm. I know it will take time and events. We will never know if it will fail till we try again. We are not trying to take down dust2 ... we are saying that sg focused on getting people to dust2 and not napalm.

Bald
6 Apr 2009, 10:51pm
NAPALM FTW.<3

I can help you on that one, I can dress up like a monkey and dance around while your winding the jukebox screaming "HEYYYY! LOOK AT MY HAIRY MONKEY!!!! IT LIKA DA BANANAZ!!! EHH! GIMME MONEY!!"

But on all seriousness, and I will post to you guys my SRS FACE.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/Baldeagle01/loldogs-funny-dog-pictures-im-serio.jpg

And if that isn't srs enough here's another one.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s52/Baldeagle01/images.jpg

I will help to keep this server alive, because recently I've went to the breakfloor server expecting to kill HUMANS....hold on let me high-light this

HUMANS, not zombies, and that was a huge turn off, so please anything is better than the breakfloor server.

-Bald.

RapBert
7 Apr 2009, 12:55am
Yay, sign me up for that.

Back then, Napalm was the shit. It was the server that introduced me to ZombieMurder and all these great people. I can still remember this awesome time.

If you bring it back, I give you a medal. :thumb:

Oh yeah, and Breakfloor sucks. Good players are very rare, mostly TKers and selfish noobs. A lot of the maps there blow rocks.

Killer
7 Apr 2009, 02:12am
Why not put napalm its more populated than breakfloor none goes on that server its total failure i rather have the napalm than that

Daze
7 Apr 2009, 02:35am
I think of you as a complete idiot currently. I know that even if we take down one server it may not be enough to host napalm. We could get rid of HnS and breakfloor . Guess what ? Space for a 32 slot server! We wouldn't waste our time posting here if we didn't think we could re populate napalm. I know it will take time and events. We will never know if it will fail till we try again. We are not trying to take down dust2 ... we are saying that sg focused on getting people to dust2 and not napalm.

The problem we have here is that Breakfloor & HnS are hosted from 2 different server boxes, HnS is just a separate server that is apart from the rest, you cant exactly combine them together..

I basically agree with what Jaffa said; it's not being negative, it's about being a realist about the situation and having the experience and wisdom to know that this will not work without the 100% backing of about 200 people.

Maxwelldon
7 Apr 2009, 02:45am
The problem we have here is that Breakfloor & HnS are hosted from 2 different server boxes, HnS is just a separate server that is apart from the rest, you cant exactly combine them together..

I basically agree with what Jaffa said; it's not being negative, it's about being a realist about the situation and having the experience and wisdom to know that this will not work without the 100% backing of about 200 people.

People are being negative a bit, all the time throwing us off who wants to actually TRY to bring the server back again. Last time it fell over mostly because Dust2 was tried to get populated.. 22 or 32 slot Napalm was the main point to think of

Tcp-Kill
7 Apr 2009, 04:56am
The thing is, why change a server that is doing fine just to put on a server that will be most empty. I have said loads, i would love it back, i used to AO that server and i loved selecting maps and playing and raven showed me some really awesome stuff and had so much fun playing it about 6 months ago. I think with DD2 and Napalm trying to get full, we just will not have enough motivation.

Jaffa
7 Apr 2009, 05:01am
I AM NOT TRYING TO BE NEGATIVE

All i am saying is that if you really want Napalm back, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Don't just vote yes in the poll then think you've done your part.

Cooki3Monsta
7 Apr 2009, 06:38am
What else can we do?

Jaffa
7 Apr 2009, 06:45am
be proactive about it

Discuss how and where the server will come from, talk to the AOs,/BDs/Haggard to find if they are willing to spend time and community money to help out. Work out how you'll make the server popular, make an actual action plan for popularising the server. Find good server settings, make a good maplist, work out if you want any mods on it. PLAY on it if ti is ever created, spend some of your own time trying to keep it full, when its empty work on filling it.

Svendy
7 Apr 2009, 07:24am
i would love to see napalm back, but i wouldnt sacrafice breakfloor, it often has high traffic in the weekends and HnS also seem to have a good amount of players once in a while, i think i saw 12 ppl on it last week at one point.

if we were to bring back napalm now we'd have to remove both servers to have a small napalm server or invest in a 3rd dedicated server. which, as far as i know, we curently dont have the resurces for

to all ohter server sugestions, i would like to see a MG #2 and/or an AvP server (that would be kick ass)

Maxwelldon
7 Apr 2009, 11:24am
Something that everyone should consider;

Advertise the server on some sites IF possible.
Make events every few days in order to not look like spam and actually get some attention
Hold BWGT there a few times
Ask friends come on there and play for the fun of it
If not enough people, try invite folks to join you!
Lets start looking up good configs OR take the exact same and old config that used to make the server so popular!

Short said that is most of what we need.

VirDeBello
7 Apr 2009, 11:36am
I haven't read everyone's replies, I'll do that later tonight but I think we shouldn't put Napalm back up. It gets kinda boring just sitting in a room shooting out the window. Thats why Escape became so popular, yeah Napalm is fun but only for a couple rounds. And when the classes of zombies were added, I saw a decrease in the Napalm server. But that also could have been because Escape 1 and 2 were full all the time. I personally believe Napalm will be full for a bit but then die off again.

Maxwelldon
7 Apr 2009, 01:55pm
I haven't read everyone's replies, I'll do that later tonight but I think we shouldn't put Napalm back up. It gets kinda boring just sitting in a room shooting out the window. Thats why Escape became so popular, yeah Napalm is fun but only for a couple rounds. And when the classes of zombies were added, I saw a decrease in the Napalm server. But that also could have been because Escape 1 and 2 were full all the time. I personally believe Napalm will be full for a bit but then die off again.
Personally I believe that there woul be regular players on it as long as people keeps interest in it.. Only reason I stopped really playing on Napalm in first place was too much of changes to the server.. I really miss the original napalm from about a year ago.. :sad:

KaMiKaZi
7 Apr 2009, 02:32pm
tbh i did like napalm but i was here when it was highly populated and when it died ect ect as it was brought back it FAILED what will be different this time? if i may ask?

jigglebelljr
7 Apr 2009, 03:32pm
NAPALM FTW.<3

Yes Beth i will help you we will repopulate Naplam and when it ocmes back put on
go gods killer feald\
so lets put it back on

Wrathek
7 Apr 2009, 04:05pm
Personally I believe that there woul be regular players on it as long as people keeps interest in it.. Only reason I stopped really playing on Napalm in first place was too much of changes to the server.. I really miss the original napalm from about a year ago.. :sad:

This is very true.

Hell, even after it was brought back only to be taken down again, it never got the right settings. Its like they loaded up the mod onto the server, and said "here" and never touched it, ever again.

None of the old settings (skins, physics etc.) were put on, and most of the maps that were determined to be overplayed (read: enjoyed) were not put on either.

VirDeBello
7 Apr 2009, 04:26pm
From what I saw, I think the Napalm server did bad because Escape was extremely popular and we had two escape servers up. And to attract people back to Napalm changes were made to it that people really didn't like. Classes and such. People get too bored with just sitting in a room barricading yourself in there. Thats why L4D and Escape did so well. Yeah Napalm is what brought me into this community too but the idea is outdated and old. What you guys can do is bring back old school old school Napalm, before the skins and classes and all that jazz. That perhaps may work. Just brainstorm and come up with new ideaers. If Haggard and the high highs don't think its worth the time. We are just wasting time and I am wasting time typing this......lol :madgrin: :thumb: :crazy:

Frostbyte
7 Apr 2009, 04:40pm

That. That is the most legit statement here.

Wrathek
7 Apr 2009, 04:57pm
I don't recall believing it would become popular overnight. what i dont understand is why it matters? the servers i wish would go away in its place arent popular over months.

Dante
7 Apr 2009, 05:10pm
Yeah the Climb and Breakfloor server are always almost empty. And if they do have ppl it's at least 4 ppl per week. Very low activity. Think about it.

Daze
7 Apr 2009, 05:29pm
Yeah the Climb and Breakfloor server are always almost empty. And if they do have ppl it's at least 4 ppl per week. Very low activity. Think about it.
Climb has regular activity.

Dante
7 Apr 2009, 05:36pm
I rarely see anything on taht server.

Noobster
7 Apr 2009, 07:43pm
screw breakfloor, bring back napalm ftw...that was the first server i ever played at a while ago...it was really fun. And if u look at the vote...alot of ppl think it should be brought back too.

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
7 Apr 2009, 10:00pm
Have you ever played on napalm? It was the server that brought me to this community. I started out on unlim ammo servers then found the awesome Napalm. The server was always full when I played on it. We got the server back during the L4D phase with shitty maps. We had no events for it when we reopened it. Look at this thread. http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14717

EXACTLY like cookie says.

i havent played left 4 dead in weeks and am ready for napalm already.

And plz stop saying that we tried to rez it but failed, and that the map selection had nothing to do with it.
The map rotation when it came back up was horrible, not even i wanted to play that shit, when gods killer field is hands down the best map then there is a problem.

also im pretty sure that napalm was doing fine b4 the major server changes, so i think it derserves a real 2nd chance, one with the og settings and maps.

and xeno?there must be 100 or so dust 2 servers already, so that d2 shit needs to fucking die!
Seriously though, vanilla counter srike is not y i came to zm, and a dust2 server seems like a poor replacement for a one of a kind FUN server. I got tired of playing dust and reg cs back in the 90s..

PingPong
7 Apr 2009, 10:23pm
I personally love dust 2 other then the bad hitboxes but its still a great server why would you want to take it down, and napalm was quite an amazing server, ive had lots of fond memories playing on there, met alot of new people that have turned into friends. It had its moments but like xeno said most people are saying * lets get it back up again, well all help out to make it populated* when it actually comes most people will go onto there servers, dust 2, escape, vip, minigames, all with people then napalm will be there with 0. I did join and wait for someone to join to have some fun but for 20 minutes no one would join, what i would usually do is ask if tbone or krazie wanted to play. Im not saying that people arent commited it's just most of the people are wanting napalm to come up but there not gonna take the time to get it populted, there are people who do help out the server and those are the ones who can truly say they will help

Lefty
7 Apr 2009, 11:28pm
Yes i think we should, I find Napalm servers fun

flowrida
8 Apr 2009, 02:29am
We have already offered to get that server populated if it comes back, there's not much more that we can do besides that

KaMiKaZi
8 Apr 2009, 03:15am
honestly guys its up to the BD's if they think it will work

Svendy
8 Apr 2009, 03:33am

here are some server population stats for the past week:
from left to right: Breakfloor, Climb, Hide n Seek
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l413/svendy/server_graphs.jpg

Jazz
8 Apr 2009, 04:17am
Let's try to bring back Napalm, and see how we do!

LinkNEO
8 Apr 2009, 06:05am
Who knows it might end up like that time in southpark, when Eric got that amusement park from buying it.

Dante
8 Apr 2009, 06:57am
here are some server population stats for the past week:
from left to right: Breakfloor, Climb, Hide n Seek
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l413/svendy/server_graphs.jpg

That's prolly the max for one hour then those servers die down again. I rarely see anyone on them. I do like playing Hide N Seek when ppl actually come on but i can go days without seeing anyone on the HnS. As for the Breakfloor i rarely see a spec touch that server, And if they do it's for 5min at most. The Climb server has some light population but i think we should really give Napalm another chance.

Some of you might think it's not worth our time. So i say don't include yourself in this post if it isn't worth your time cause many others think it is.

Daze
8 Apr 2009, 09:06am
That's prolly the max for one hour then those servers die down again. I rarely see anyone on them. I do like playing Hide N Seek when ppl actually come on but i can go days without seeing anyone on the HnS. As for the Breakfloor i rarely see a spec touch that server, And if they do it's for 5min at most. The Climb server has some light population but i think we should really give Napalm another chance.

Some of you might think it's not worth our time. So i say don't include yourself in this post if it isn't worth your time cause many others think it is.

The screenshots of server stats do not lie, they all have their peak times I think you need to understand that and leave those servers alone, I've already stated that closing HnS would not help one bit as it is seperate from the dedicated servers!

You will not get Napalm back by trying to close other servers.

Dante
8 Apr 2009, 10:29am
No i'm not saying that anymore im just saying i don't see other servers very active. And when ppl actually get onto HnS i go there outta all other servers cause i love it. It's just not that popular. That's all im really saying.

Wrathek
8 Apr 2009, 10:52am
I've already stated that closing HnS would not help one bit as it is seperate from the dedicated servers!

Sounds great! it'd be on a different server so it would have less load on it :D!

Killer
8 Apr 2009, 11:09am
what about you put it on and try and see if people will stick to it. We can always try.

Cooki3Monsta
9 Apr 2009, 08:32pm
what about you put it on and try and see if people will stick to it. We can always try.
:hail:

Jaffa
10 Apr 2009, 07:31am

Becuase it takes time to build, lags the rest of the server whilst its built, will only have 16 slots, takes time to arrange mods/scripts/maps

Frostbyte
10 Apr 2009, 09:23am
EXACTLY like cookie says.

i havent played left 4 dead in weeks and am ready for napalm already.

And plz stop saying that we tried to rez it but failed, and that the map selection had nothing to do with it.
The map rotation when it came back up was horrible, not even i wanted to play that shit, when gods killer field is hands down the best map then there is a problem.

also im pretty sure that napalm was doing fine b4 the major server changes, so i think it derserves a real 2nd chance, one with the og settings and maps.

and xeno?there must be 100 or so dust 2 servers already, so that d2 shit needs to fucking die!
Seriously though, vanilla counter srike is not y i came to zm, and a dust2 server seems like a poor replacement for a one of a kind FUN server. I got tired of playing dust and reg cs back in the 90s..

As an ex admin, and FREQUENT player on Napalm, I say you guys should listen to awesome bill. He was there since my start, and made a couple maps for napalm.

Spjerre
13 Apr 2009, 02:29pm
The screenshots of server stats do not lie, they all have their peak times I think you need to understand that and leave those servers alone, I've already stated that closing HnS would not help one bit as it is seperate from the dedicated servers!

You will not get Napalm back by trying to close other servers.

Im not asking to close the breakfloor server. Just put on some ZM maps for a week so that we got breakfloor and napalm maps. If it "kills" the server bring it back to normal breakfloor and then there will be nothing to argue about. But if it works either bring back napalm or let the breakfloor server stay with some ZM maps. What harm can it do if its only one week?

Silentfaith
14 Apr 2009, 09:29am
Napalm is being brought back this week according to Higher Ups.
CASE CLOSED

Daze
14 Apr 2009, 09:56am
It will be interesting to see if those who said they would stick to it actually will.

14 Apr 2009, 09:38pm
happy days

Dante
14 Apr 2009, 09:40pm
What server is Napalm taking over or is it being another server itself? Please let me know so that i can start playing!! :smile:

Jaffa
15 Apr 2009, 02:21am
If the situation is still as i've heard, it will be on our brand new dedi

Maxwelldon
15 Apr 2009, 03:55am
Well what I've heard is that getting Napalm up is under consideration. This doesn't mean it'll be up surely but yea, I hear there is some thinking going on at the moment what to do with lots of things so don't get hopes too high yet :smile:

Svendy
15 Apr 2009, 04:56am
as far as i know it has not yet been decided upon what servers will be on the new dedi, and is still being discused.
but i'm 100% sure the dedi will be set up during the weekend and the servers build the same weekend and following week

tank40175
15 Apr 2009, 05:39am
If they do bring back Napalm.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYDNlMYAaI

Spjerre
15 Apr 2009, 05:46am
A crap. I'm in London with my class this weekend. I hope its still up when i come back :(

Boobcake
15 Apr 2009, 07:04am
Hell yeah, the breakfloor is always empty and it has 16 slots make it into a 25 slots or whatever and see how it goes!

Boobcake
15 Apr 2009, 07:17am
Napalm was the server I came to knew ZM-SG in I remember when they put escape maps on :)

Suri
15 Apr 2009, 07:24am
Ok here is the breakdown.

HnS is not even a option to close. Daze has already stated why. And Climb and Breakfloor are not on the same dedicated server, so that means you can't close both of them to make one server.

The BD's and Haggard have been talking about Napalm. I also loved that server. Napalm opened the door to Zombie Murder for me.

But we can't just rush into this server. We have to have a good plan. We need to find the setting that worked for the server before. We need to get a great list of maps together, and then we need the people of the community behind it. If we don't have these things the server will fail.

We are talking about it though and I am pushing the issue. If we have almost 60 members of the community wanting it then I don't see why your voice can't be heard.

Jaffa
15 Apr 2009, 07:34am

^This

Discuss how and where the server will come from, talk to the AOs,/BDs/Haggard to find if they are willing to spend time and community money to help out. Work out how you'll make the server popular, make an actual action plan for popularising the server. Find good server settings, make a good maplist, work out if you want any mods on it. PLAY on it if ti is ever created, spend some of your own time trying to keep it full, when its empty work on filling it.

^That

Svendy
15 Apr 2009, 07:41am
We need to get a great list of maps together.

does that mean the restablishing of the SG FPSB studio?

Suri
15 Apr 2009, 08:02am
does that mean the restablishing of the SG FPSB studio?

You mean the studio that was killed when a unnamed person took it over from Spiked??

Svendy
15 Apr 2009, 08:15am
You mean the studio that was killed when a unnamed person took it over from Spiked??

umm i dont think i've head that story...?

Cooki3Monsta
15 Apr 2009, 11:44am
Fuck YES

15 Apr 2009, 03:33pm
Sweet, its good to know we are not just pissing in the wind.
If the server goes up within the next month i will always keep my slot filled. After that i will be forced to give it only near fanatical devotion, as even i have to work a little.
We should start with some map list suggestions now huh? I know i can think of a few .

Frostbyte
15 Apr 2009, 04:52pm
Napalm wish list, quote this if you like it.

Regarding Settings:
No respawn, respawn sucks.
No autosnipers, for obvious reasons.
The m249 can stay or go, most people dont care.
Bring back anklebiter, please?

Maps, will provide links at a later time:
Forgotten Town
Killer Field
Cbble_V3
Wtfhax
Lab 117 (aaron117's beastly map)
High school

HeatWave
15 Apr 2009, 07:05pm

Regarding Settings:

Forgotten Town
Killer Field
Cbble_V3
Wtfhax
High school

My wish list:

That napalm be there.

Napalm is how i found SG in the first place and i was sad to see it go. it wound be great to see it back. Id play that as much as i could.

SOLANUM
15 Apr 2009, 07:55pm

Regarding Settings:

Forgotten Town
Killer Field
Cbble_V3
Wtfhax
High school

This. This. This. A thousand times this. (Except for WTFHax. I never want to see that map again.)

Cooki3Monsta
15 Apr 2009, 08:45pm
I <3 wtfhax so many awesome secrets =))