PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat vs DC universe review.

Frostbyte
6 Apr 2009, 11:53am
Alright, I borrowed this game from my friend the other day, and I have some varied opinions about it.

Graphics: Player models look great, some levels, Metropolis for example, look outstanding.

Gameplay: Pretty fucking epic sometimes, when I first booted up the game and played arcade mode, I was like "damn, that was pretty fucking awesome". As Sub-Zero, I had bull charged The Flash through a wall, and just kept fucking pounding him through walls like mad. Given you can only do that on certain levels, there is another quicktime sequence on other levels that is an air battle. The actual fighting is pretty smooth, I had a bit of trouble doing combos, because the 360's controller is NOT made for fighting games. The d-pad is meh, and the analong stick sometimes doesn't register, so pick this up for the PS3 if you have one.

Story: Ok. This kind of annoyed me. You pretty much have to sit through what seems like 20 minute cutscenes that are unskipable, to get to the actual fighting which is only about 2-3 rounds long. On the other hand, the game forces you to be a certain character, which gets you good at each character.

Overall theme: Honestly, I would have rather fought other people from Mortal Kombat than Superheroes, because it just doesn't click with me. Seeing Scorpion go toe to toe with a Superman just looks wrong.

Also, I never found out how to do fatalitys, because my friend didn't give me the game instructions, and the game itself gives you no tutorial, just a mode to kick the shit out of a non-moving bot.

Overall: I give this game a 7 for some good fighting that is cloaked by ridiculous bullshit.