PDA

View Full Version : Godfather II

Crimson
5 Apr 2009, 07:31pm
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/14030/837333-godfatherii_cover_large.jpg

The Godfather II is a tale of two games, a blend of sandbox action and strategic resource management. The low-level mobster in you will want to parade around 1950s-era depictions of New York, Miami, and Havana causing as much wanton destruction as you possibly can, but you'll need to get in touch with your inner Mafia boss if you want to successfully progress through the story. Taking over and managing various rackets and crime rings is key, but so is keeping an eye on your own family and those of other organizations. We've had only a taste of what sort of strategic depth The Godfather II might offer in previous looks at the game, but we've recently been spending some time with a nearly complete version of this EA Redwood Shores-developed game to see how far we could dive into the Don lifestyle.

For a bit of background on the story told in The Godfather II, you'll want to have a look at the hands-on impressions that we posted yesterday based on a UK press event. It'll give you a good idea of what happens at the beginning of the game, including the myriad names and faces that are introduced during the course of the game's first act, set during the eve of the Cuban Revolution. Suffice it to say, things go sour and you quickly return to New York, where you're thrust into the position of building your own wing of the Corleone organized-crime family. The first item on the agenda is recruiting an associate, the bottom level on your family tree.

Game looks really good.

Will anybody else be picking this one up?

Lux
5 Apr 2009, 08:08pm
I really liked the first version so, most likely!

Modgers1
5 Apr 2009, 08:52pm
Hmmm, still debating this one.

-Modgers

LVG
5 Apr 2009, 09:04pm
Dam i was describing my self as the godfather in Monopoly now this what a coincidence.

Crimson
6 Apr 2009, 05:03pm
Little video

P2yqjPMRWlg

Suri
9 Apr 2009, 09:19am
Ok Obez I got this game today. It better be good!!!