PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4

LiQuIdSnAkE
4 Apr 2009, 06:32pm
This is by far one of the best games that i have ever played... not to mention that its a third person shooter... and they are rarely ever good. I like its innovative OctoCamo and the Mk. II and the tranquilizer comes in handy alot.

Video: The Graphics in this game are outstandingly amazing. They are so realistic from the very useful OctoCamo all the way to the zoom in aiming for the guns. The visual is amazing and the maps are pretty defining. The Night Vision ability is unique in its own way of showing things u can interact with seperate from everything else. The eye patch thing.. forgot what its called... but that helps very much... and just so happens to add to Solid Snake's Badass look. The Frogs are unique and visual superior all the way from there badass street ninja aerodynamic movement to their costume and fighting style. The Extra Scene interactions make the game even better... with little X or L1 hints at the top left or right hand side of the screen make the visual side of the game that much better... Visually it scores a 4.5 out of 5. It could have better aiming styles, or the ability to have the zoom default for the guns.

Audio: this will be small considering there isnt much bad nor good to say about the Audio. One thing that i am extremely impressed about is the Ipod for the music and the podcast. but it could get better by letting u have ur music that you have saved on your ps3 to be able to listen to, but the podcast is good to listen to and it helps your real life nervousness about getting through the game and it also gains Psyche for Snake. The gunfire is pretty interestingly realistic too. overall the sound gets a 3 out of 5

Gameplay:

Story Line: The Story Line is one of the most hooking, u cant let go of story lines i have played... it compares to Kingdom Hearts... and yes it was a kid game, KH has a Very mature story line... and u have to have some sort of intelligence and maturity to see it. anywayz, MGS4 shows the extreme hatred between Certain characters such as Wolf with her uncle/father and Solid with Liquid and then u have the more general of the conflict the PMC vs rebels and all. then you also have the Characters who can relate to, like if u hate ur brother, u can relate to snake, if u have " other" family problems. u can relate to Wolf. and if ur like me and no matter how hard you try, you fuck up until noone else sees it, then u do great, then you, like me, can relate to being like Akiba (Hints why my game name is Akiba). The Story line is deep and amazing. The Guns are overall extremely realistic, along with the hiding tools such as the OctoCamo and the Trash Barrel. The Story line has a mix between sad, annoying(Sonny), serious, and funny(Akiba in the trash can taking a shit) times in it, that u can relate to most or some of it, which makes it a very close story that will make everyone happy. the Story line has changed my life (not really), and so i award it with a 5 out of 5

Online: there wont be much on this either, but here it is. I am not too fond of the Online play. so i will split it list like.
Goods: 1. The creative ability to make a character and have different armor and outfits.
2. the good ability to but new gear with award points
3. realistic CQC and maps and interaction items.
4.Unique Variety of Game Types
5. Tournaments
Bads: 1. HAVING TO GET AN EXPANSION PACK FOR TOURNAMENTS!!!!
2. Kill steals
3. ridiculous that the higher your rank is, the stronger you are. that screws newbies like me over so much.
4. box's are harder to fit in than barrels
5. knifing is a tad bit too unrealistic for the set standards the game has set for itself.
Overall online gets a 3 out 5 and story line gets a 5 out of 5, so i will give the gameplay a 4.5 out 5

FINAL SCORE: Metal Gear Solid 4 has its ups and then its very few downs, and for this, it gets an overall score of 4.5 out of 5

SpEeD
5 Apr 2009, 07:47pm
bring it to xbox and i might play it

StrykerSwat
5 Apr 2009, 09:08pm

360 Fanboy???
GTFO

Italian Jew
5 Apr 2009, 09:11pm
360 Fanboy???
GTFO

Or he doesn't want to buy a PS3 to get ONE game

LegalSmash
6 Apr 2009, 08:35am
I'm sorry, but I own this and it is not all that great. The story line is over convoluted, Kojima just dropped acid, smoked crack, put on a tin foil hat and started writing typical antinuclear japanese shit that they've been writing since they got themselves bombed. This game was more a movie than a game... a 17 hour long movie with a mediocre mech fight and an afterthought multiplayer mode. The story is ASS compared to snake eater, or the MGS on the PS. Octocamo, imho is a copout and makes the game much less about stealth in about 85% of the game play sections, the only time the camo is HALF useful and stealth is required is in sections containing gekkos. The bosses in MGS4 were PATHETIC copies of each other compared to every other mg series bosses, no diversity or interest in it except hot psycho bitch in a leotard.

I'm sorry, but I purchased this on opening day, and it was such a chore to play that I've still not gotten around to multiplayering more than 4-5 hours total since last may/june when I got the game. Even if it WAS to be ported to 360, its really not worth more than a rental imho, as the developers decided it would be a game that you could only really get into if you were a serious fan of the old ones, or severely into government conspiracy theories.

In short, its "pretty" and thats about as far as it goes... 15 minutes of game time and then a 40 minute homoerotic cut scene where snake and otocon's domestic partnership fails to teach the crippled child of olga gurlukovich how to make eggs is a pathetic ending to such an action hero.

The last "real time event' fight scene between the two elderly men was ridiculous as well. If I wanted to see old people fight, I'd go to the fucking Ihop up the street at 530 AM on thursday morning, get an omelet for 6 bucks and pocket the other 54 dollars.

dobby985
18 Apr 2009, 09:25am

Not possible!

Unless........
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg303/sandman1012/mgs4xbox360oj1.png?t=1240068264

darklink1133
18 Apr 2009, 10:06am
I'm sorry, but I own this and it is not all that great. The story line is over convoluted, Kojima just dropped acid, smoked crack, put on a tin foil hat and started writing typical antinuclear japanese shit that they've been writing since they got themselves bombed. This game was more a movie than a game... a 17 hour long movie with a mediocre mech fight and an afterthought multiplayer mode. The story is ASS compared to snake eater, or the MGS on the PS. Octocamo, imho is a copout and makes the game much less about stealth in about 85% of the game play sections, the only time the camo is HALF useful and stealth is required is in sections containing gekkos. The bosses in MGS4 were PATHETIC copies of each other compared to every other mg series bosses, no diversity or interest in it except hot psycho bitch in a leotard.

I'm sorry, but I purchased this on opening day, and it was such a chore to play that I've still not gotten around to multiplayering more than 4-5 hours total since last may/june when I got the game. Even if it WAS to be ported to 360, its really not worth more than a rental imho, as the developers decided it would be a game that you could only really get into if you were a serious fan of the old ones, or severely into government conspiracy theories.

In short, its "pretty" and thats about as far as it goes... 15 minutes of game time and then a 40 minute homoerotic cut scene where snake and otocon's domestic partnership fails to teach the crippled child of olga gurlukovich how to make eggs is a pathetic ending to such an action hero.

The last "real time event' fight scene between the two elderly men was ridiculous as well. If I wanted to see old people fight, I'd go to the fucking Ihop up the street at 530 AM on thursday morning, get an omelet for 6 bucks and pocket the other 54 dollars.

Whoa dude, harsh on the game to much man. This game is a legend you just have no taste in it at all. You just want to rush in and just play and kill people. And also ever heard of stealth game? This game is not all about fucking shooting and killing.

LegalSmash
18 Apr 2009, 10:55am
Whoa dude, harsh on the game to much man. This game is a legend you just have no taste in it at all. You just want to rush in and just play and kill people. And also ever heard of stealth game? This game is not all about fucking shooting and killing.

No dude, you put the bra on backwards. I own the stealth games of the series, metal gear snakeater, and metal geat solid 1, I'd even say 2, you can gun your way through EVERY damned stage in MGS4 except for the one where geriatric snake is running around through Eastern Europe, and event that turns into a gunfest.

MGS 4 is to stealth gaming what Paris Hilton is to clean living and ladylike virtues.

I didnt say I had a problem with the actual "Game playing" but rather the complete LACK of game play, considering the game is a GIANT FUCKING CUT SCENE, that NEVER ENDS. "Dude" you should learn to read, and understand that a longtime fan who feels like the supposed "masterpiece" that Kojima blew his asian size load on was not worth half of the 60 dollars he paid on release to purchase the damned, game. The multiplayer is a bad after thought, something like the odd realization that you slept with a fat and old hag after three gallons more beer than you should have had.

Did you actually READ what I said, you hyperactive WOW weeaboo? I actually mentioned stealth, and the fact that the game's octocamo bs kills it. The game, compared to its predecessors, is terrible, and if you actually played the other ones... Steve-O (Why the hell would you name yourself after that guy? I'm starting to get a fair idea of it), you'd notice how bad 4 really was in comparison. IGN, Gamespot, and every other reveiwing entity out there gave this game a 10 because they were paid to.

If I had the chance to not buy and just rent for 2 weeks, I would have, saved 60 dollars and bought something more useful... like an enema, or a shovel so I can help people bury their copies in a shallow drainage ditch.

Reading comprehension "dude", you need it to do well in College. :mmph:

Italian Jew
18 Apr 2009, 11:52am

*cough*fanboy*cough*

A truer stealth game would be Splinter Cell because, like Legal said, you can run and gun in the MGS games and pop rations all day (more so in the most recent rather than the earlier ones). In Splinter Cell, you probably won't last long if you decide to run around shooting everything like bullets are going out of style. You can still like MGS better,but it isn't a true stealth game.

As for it being legendary, I'd say maybe the graphics and the franchise (but I wouldn't give that high a praise). It was a great franchise, but even without the convoluted plots and feature length cutscenes, I wouldn't say legendary.

dobby985
20 Apr 2009, 11:58am

I get really annoyed when people mistake this game for an FPS.

darklink1133
25 Apr 2009, 03:23pm
*cough*fanboy*cough*

A truer stealth game would be Splinter Cell because, like Legal said, you can run and gun in the MGS games and pop rations all day (more so in the most recent rather than the earlier ones). In Splinter Cell, you probably won't last long if you decide to run around shooting everything like bullets are going out of style. You can still like MGS better,but it isn't a true stealth game.

As for it being legendary, I'd say maybe the graphics and the franchise (but I wouldn't give that high a praise). It was a great franchise, but even without the convoluted plots and feature length cutscenes, I wouldn't say legendary.

lol

PingPong
25 Apr 2009, 04:48pm
Kingdom Hearts IS THE GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD, i love that game more then css hard to believe, but kh3 is gonna take a good few years so ill just stick to css ;)

Dante
25 Apr 2009, 05:50pm
Wow no i agree with italian Jew Splinter Cell is the shit i've played and beaten every game so far and waiting for Conviction to come out!!

darklink1133
25 Apr 2009, 07:03pm
Lol I thought this was suppose to be about MGS4?