PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Universe SGU

Suri
2 Apr 2009, 10:11am
I am a huge Stargate fan, and love the 2 tv shows. Love the cast from both SG-1 and Atlantis. I was very very sad when they axed Atlantis. I looked forward to watching this every week on Friday night. The cast was amazing and then story line was very good most of the time.

Then I heard about the show they were creating to take it's place. I did not like what I was hearing about the new show. It felt a bit to much like Startrek Voyager. But then I looked at the trailer they have here. http://www.scifi.com/universe/ WOW!!!! The show looks much darker then the rest. And I like that. I already can tell that they have really done a good job picking the cast for this new Show.

Any one else wanting and waiting to see this new Show?

Red
2 Apr 2009, 10:15am
uh oh, you just made legal cream his pants

Suri
2 Apr 2009, 10:21am
uh oh, you just made legal cream his pants

There will be a 2hour movie to kick off the new show in the Fall. No dates yet. :( But From the short trailer it looks like its going to be really good. Here is what the show is about.

"A band of soldiers, scientists and civilians are forced through a stargate when their hidden base comes under attack. The desperate survivors emerge aboard an ancient ship, The Destiny, which is locked on an unknown course and unable to return to Earth. Faced with meeting the most basic needs of food, water and air, the group must unlock the secrets of the ship's stargate to survive. The danger, adventure and hope they find on board Destiny will reveal the heroes and villains among them."

LegalSmash
2 Apr 2009, 10:54am
I TOO am a HUGE stargate fan.

I look forward to the new movie/show

I have all the seasons of SG1 on DvD, once they get cheaper, I may get atlantis,

Suri
2 Apr 2009, 11:39am
I really was hoping to see some one from atlantis make it on to the new show, but that has not happened:( I But I know that would jack up the storyline for the Atlantis movies that are coming out.

I loved that they put Jewel Staite on the show, and then end up giving the show the axe. She never ever got a chance to be a bigger role in the show. I think they really did a poor job on her role. She has a large fan base because of Firefly and they really did not use her like they could have.

But Fall can't get here fast enough.

Suri
2 Apr 2009, 11:59am
CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!! I was right I thought I saw him in the trailer. Lou Diamond Phillips is in the show. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this show just went downhill for me. I am sorry I don't think he is all that good.

Here is the link. http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/lou-diamond-phillips-ming-na-join-stargate-universe-cast.php

Red
2 Apr 2009, 12:05pm
lol Lou Diamond Phillips, he's like Kevin Costner

Eldest
2 Apr 2009, 03:01pm
I am a big fan of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis and although the SGU does not have the cast of Atlantis or SG-1 I am still waiting forward to see what this show has to offer, but god damnit! I miss Jack O'Neill and McKay :D

Jaffa
2 Apr 2009, 05:09pm
It should be intresting, i hope they do a slightly different take on SG than previously. My favourite episode of Atlantis was the Vegas episode, i hope the new series will be more in that style!

Suri
3 Apr 2009, 03:58am
If you watch the short trailer it looks like they are going for a darker spin on things. And this maybe a good thing, or a bad thing since every one is so used to how the stroy telling was done in the first two shows.

We will see. I can't wait to watch it. Man October is forever and ever away. :(

PotshotPolka
3 Apr 2009, 06:10am
I TOO am a HUGE stargate fan.

I look forward to the new movie/show

I have all the seasons of SG1 on DvD, once they get cheaper, I may get atlantis,

Is there anything cool about you? :toung:

andre1028
3 Apr 2009, 08:53pm
I'm not alone? Sweet.

RapBert
4 Apr 2009, 01:00pm
I'm a SG fan too, and I think SGU will be a lot darker than the other shows ( as seen in the trailer).

I just hope that they don't f*uck it up like SGA with stupid, useless storylines and ridiculous plot devices.