SpEeD
31 Mar 2009, 02:07pm
give me 100% chance to be vip

Svendy
1 Apr 2009, 02:19am
lol no way, it will still pick a random player

Jaffa
1 Apr 2009, 02:29am
What are you planning to add/remove to the mod?

Daze
1 Apr 2009, 02:40am
Hopefully this will fix the bug issue with zombies with no knife..

Svendy
1 Apr 2009, 04:29am
i'm gonna add more things to the configuration of the script, so it will be more versitile
add better information about who is the VIP (VIP color and text messages)
i'm gonna remove the VIP model and a few things which is if no use for our servers.

daze, thanks for reminding me of this bug, i'll get to work on it now :)

Jaffa
1 Apr 2009, 04:39am
a skin for the vip would be cool (like on zombiemod, when you spawn as zombie you get new skin)

Svendy
1 Apr 2009, 04:58am
that can be done, i just need the model name and a dl list

atm i have the VIP set to be yellow

edit: daze, i think i've sloved that bug now

Jaffa
1 Apr 2009, 05:25am
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/46290

Its a hostie skin, but i'm assuming it can be converted over to player skin?

Chobber
1 Apr 2009, 05:37am
I would love to see a function where you can say something like "!first" and have a greater chance of becoming the VIP..

Also make sure that in the beginning of each round there is "no vip".. In the current version the first zombie can kill the VIP from the last round and end the round if not a new VIP has been chosen yet..

Svendy
1 Apr 2009, 05:45am
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/46290

Its a hostie skin, but i'm assuming it can be converted over to player skin?

haha nice model, i'll see if i can add it

I would love to see a function where you can say something like "!first" and have a greater chance of becoming the VIP..

Also make sure that in the beginning of each round there is "no vip".. In the current version the first zombie can kill the VIP from the last round and end the round if not a new VIP has been chosen yet..

i think i can make the VIP spawn like 10 sec after round start?

edit: jaffa, i think i need it as a .mdl

PingPong
7 Apr 2009, 07:54pm
sounds like it will turn out well, great job dude

Svendy
8 Apr 2009, 03:44am
sounds like it will turn out well, great job dude

thanks!

curently i'm trying to find some undetectable error in the script, when thats found it will be ready for a betatest

Spjerre
9 Apr 2009, 02:34am
thanks!

curently i'm trying to find some undetectable error in the script, when thats found it will be ready for a betatest

Hmm.. Undetectable? Most be hard to find then D:

Svendy
9 Apr 2009, 03:54am
Hmm.. Undetectable? Most be hard to find then D:

yeah, the syntax is corect but it doesnt fire, i found the error yesterday only to find out it doesnt set the VIPs settings... so now, since i apperantly is the only one in SG who knows ESS, i've translated most of the code to ESPy and hope either astrum or mnote will have some spare time to help me fix it

Repus
9 Apr 2009, 03:55am
"fake vip" glitch in current mod is keeper its fun when there is sometimes 2 vips.

Svendy
9 Apr 2009, 03:59am
"fake vip" glitch in current mod is keeper its fun when there is sometimes 2 vips.

when its ready for public betatest, we should hopefully get all bugs/glitch detected. personaly i would like to fix all glitches, so i might/might not do a poll for 1 or sometimes 2 VIPs

st.carlos
9 Apr 2009, 08:51pm
Nice i really like the VIP mod, Cant wait until you release it! a cool feature the new mod can have is like the VIP can have a special radio command, Like for example "I'm the VIP Plz Move" or like "Plz hurry, the VIP is in danger" some people don't notice the vip is behind them and blocks them, or like makes them wait to jump/climp/etc, ....idk just a thought hehe, Good luck with it!

Svendy
11 Apr 2009, 05:14pm
@ carlos, i think that would require a good load of work to do that...

i got one last problem: when i set the model of the vip, ingame its just a ERROR model. i know haggard and tcp where having this problem earlier today

cakeshark
20 Apr 2009, 01:16am
is it possible to set noblock for just the vip? cause that would be crucial.

Svendy
23 Apr 2009, 06:48am
all work on scripts and maps has gone to a stop since my computer suddenly died :cry::usa2:
so as of right im trying to recover as much as plausible on to my new laptop

PingPong
25 Apr 2009, 04:56pm
all work on scripts and maps has gone to a stop since my computer suddenly died :cry::usa2:
so as of right im trying to recover as much as plausible on to my new laptop

NOOOOOO PLEASE CONTINUE PRODUCTION IF YOU CAN: if you decide to keep working on it, try to make it so that like cake said that only vip has no collide with other player and if possible that the zombies dont become vip which has happened numerious times before xD

Svendy
25 Apr 2009, 06:34pm
i got most of the data restored and among it, all the scripts i'm working on.
work has started again!