PDA

View Full Version : Car Company to pay YOUR car payment if you lose your job!

LegalSmash
31 Mar 2009, 08:40am
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090331/ap_on_bi_ge/ford_car_payments;_ylt=AnK.ZCqhoirbQ4ZqxE8SPlLi.aF 4;_ylu=X3oDMTJrMGEyZXF0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwMzMxL2Z vcmRfY2FyX3BheW1lbnRzBGNwb3MDMwRwb3MDMwRzZWMDeW5fd G9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA2ZvcmR0b2NvdmVyYw--

Seriously, what the fuck, are car companies like the russians in Bond movies or what?

This is embarrassing, seriously, just close down for 3 mos and restructure.

zero
31 Mar 2009, 09:16am
I think the key here is that the person must qualify for unemployment in order to be eligible for the program. I've lost several jobs in the past and have never been able to qualify for unemployment for various reasons. Even if I lose my current job, I won't qualify, so saying that Ford or GM will cover my car payments if I lose my job is a bit misleading.

LegalSmash
31 Mar 2009, 10:22am
If your parents can claim you on their return, you are a student, were not laid off or fired, you don't qualify in FL, MD, DC, and VA, I know that much.

Repeat
31 Mar 2009, 08:02pm
They can't even pay their own fucking bills. Why should they be paying anyone else's? I agree. Shut down, restructure, get rid of those cancerous unions, and get your shit together.

Red
1 Apr 2009, 09:41am
Sweet, so now we pay for people that bought houses AND cars they shouldn't have.