PDA

View Full Version : Khmer rouge leader apologizes for killing lots of people in 70s...

LegalSmash
31 Mar 2009, 08:39am
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090331/wl_nm/us_cambodia_rouge_apology

Seriously? Wtf.

Red
31 Mar 2009, 09:24am
This fuck needs to have honey poured on him and stuck on top of a red ant hill and then doused in gasoline and burned until crispy.

piece of shit.

I've actually been to Cambodia and seen the killing fields and bones stacked 8 stories high. I've walked around and seen fragments of bone still covered in bits of clothing sticking out of the ground. I picked up a lower jaw that was just sitting on the ground.

Who knows how many buried remains are still undiscovered.

LegalSmash
31 Mar 2009, 10:18am
Yep, but isn't it adorable, this asshole says hes "sorry" and people are going to buy it. This fucker's not sorry, he'd do it all over again, and eat the dead with some nucnam.
Shoot him in the face.

Lux
31 Mar 2009, 12:49pm
Similiar to the Nazi leaders situation.

People follow orders, especially if its to save your family. Question is would you be part of something this bad to save your family?

PotshotPolka
31 Mar 2009, 12:52pm
The Nazi's didn't kill 1/4 of their own population, the majority of whom were subsistence farmers that didn't give a shit about political gains, or psuedo-communist or nationalist parties to begin with.

Lux
31 Mar 2009, 01:26pm
The Nazi's didn't kill 1/4 of their own population, the majority of whom were subsistence farmers that didn't give a shit about political gains, or psuedo-communist or nationalist parties to begin with.

Yeah because the Jewish people asked for it :confused1:

Really...........it was an example, I don't say "That Hotdog tastes like a hotdog".

Its exactly the same situation, and both groups of high people in command (but still subject to punishment if they put a foot wrong) made the easy decision to follow orders.

PotshotPolka
31 Mar 2009, 04:10pm
Yeah because the Jewish people asked for it :confused1:

Really...........it was an example, I don't say "That Hotdog tastes like a hotdog".

Its exactly the same situation, and both groups of high people in command (but still subject to punishment if they put a foot wrong) made the easy decision to follow orders.

Last I checked the Nazis had popular support during most of the 30s and throughout WWII. The Khmer Rouge was basically one giant death squad that killed people indiscrimately after the Vietnam War.

The Jews have been targeted since, well since even before even christ, but I would say in Europe most prominately since the 1300s, and were blamed for the Black Death. Extermination of the Jews =/= Pol Pot's death squads because they were targeted out of spite and populist Aryan propaganda. The shit that went on in Cambodia was really about removing any potential resistance to an autocratic rule.

LegalSmash
31 Mar 2009, 04:23pm
Yeah because the Jewish people asked for it

Really

LUXORS!! HOW CAN YOU BE SO INSENSITIVE!!!

LMAO

Lux
31 Mar 2009, 04:53pm
Last I checked the Nazis had popular support during most of the 30s and throughout WWII. The Khmer Rouge was basically one giant death squad that killed people indiscrimately after the Vietnam War.

The Jews have been targeted since, well since even before even christ, but I would say in Europe most prominately since the 1300s, and were blamed for the Black Death. Extermination of the Jews =/= Pol Pot's death squads because they were targeted out of spite and populist Aryan propaganda. The shit that went on in Cambodia was really about removing any potential resistance to an autocratic rule.

Not seeing any difference.

Random hate and extermination (Hitler hated Jews because they were richer than him, the failed artist if I'm correct. Also as he needed a scapegoat) or hate to stop resistance to autocratic rule....really its both for the wrong reasons, however you try and word it its the same, except the Jews have been targetted on a much higher scale. (For a lot longer, and a lot more people).

LMAO

Stop laughing at this

LMAO

PotshotPolka
31 Mar 2009, 07:08pm
I'm saying the difference is that the -not being insensitive or unappalled by its extent- Jewish casualties during WWII were proportionally small compared to the overall population of Europe, even if a high percentage their population in perspective perished.

The massacres in Cambodia in comparison to the numbers and percentage of their population are simply shitfaced staggering. 1 out of 4 people were buried in mass graves. The only conflict with that level of death for percentage of the population I can think of was the Russian Civil Wars, following WWI.

The contexts and reasons behind the conflicts are not the same.