PDA

View Full Version : The Big Bang Theory and Chuck

Eldest
30 Mar 2009, 02:27pm
Any fans out there?I totally love these two shows!

The Big Bang Theory is an American situation comedy created and executive produced by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, which premiered on CBS on September 24, 2007.

It concerns two male prodigies in their twenties, one an experimental physicist (Leonard) and the other a theoretical physicist (Sheldon), who work at Caltech and live across the hall from a blonde waitress with show-biz aspirations (Penny).

Leonard and Sheldon's geekiness and intellect are contrasted with Penny's social skills and common sense for comedic effect. Two equally geeky friends of theirs, Howard and Rajesh, are also main characters. The show is produced by Warner Bros. Television and Chuck Lorre Productions.

Chuck Bartowski (Zachary Levi) is a socially awkward twenty-something in Burbank, CA who works as a computer expert at the Nerd Herd at his local Buy More (a parody of Best Buy's Geek Squad), a local electronics retailer (a CompUSA store was used), with his best friend, Morgan Grimes (Joshua Gomez). Chuck's sister Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) is a doctor who is constantly looking out for his best interests and wants to help him find a girlfriend. Also joining the cast is Ellie's fiance, Devon "Captain Awesome" Woodcomb (Ryan McPartlin), also a doctor looking out for Chuck's social life. On the night of his birthday party, Chuck receives an e-mail from his former Stanford University roommate, Bryce Larkin (Matthew Bomer), who is now a "rogue" CIA agent. When he opens it, the entire database of all the US government's secret information — a neural supercomputer called the Intersect — is subliminally embedded into his brain. Both the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency want the intelligence returned to them and dispatch agents of their own — Major John Casey (Adam Baldwin) and Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strahovski) — to retrieve the data.

Since the disk with the government information was stolen by Bryce and destroyed in his attempted escape, and since Chuck experiences "flashes" of information from the database activated by certain triggers around him (such as faces, guns, watches, and other objects), he must use the knowledge he now possesses to help the government thwart assassins and international terrorists — upending his previously uneventful life. In order to preserve their safety, Chuck must keep his new-found occupation a secret from his family and friends, forcing Casey and Walker to establish an uneasy alliance and secret identities; Walker poses as Chuck's girlfriend and takes a cover job at the local restaurant next to the Buy More (formerly Wienerlicious, currently Orange Orange) while Casey gets a job at the Buy More, with the shared goal of protecting Chuck at all costs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_(TV_series)

clickflick22
5 Apr 2009, 07:56pm
I watch Big Bang when I can, but I am addicted to Chuck, hardcore fan.

Wrathek
6 Apr 2009, 02:11pm
i dont watch big bang much, i like chuck but ive been too busy to watch it this semester

The_Prince
11 Apr 2009, 06:12am
I love Big Bang Theory but I dont see Chuck

Dark Synth
25 Jun 2009, 07:20pm
I'm addicted to both shows.

Can't wait for the next season to begin.

MelissaNJ
29 Jul 2009, 03:37pm
I love Chuck i used to watch it all the time then i realized no one i knew watched it LIKE NO ONE they didnt even know what it was. Any of you know when the episodes come on? i forgo

Bad Dog
29 Jul 2009, 07:19pm
Chuck is great, I love how he know knows kung fu. Thats win.

Chaos
29 Jul 2009, 09:29pm
The Big Bang Theory is a great show, haven't really watched Chuck.

ckw
30 Jul 2009, 07:51am
I watch both when I can, but the have removed big bang here in norway :/

Smurftan
30 Jul 2009, 01:31pm
The new season of Chuck doesn't start until March 2010. ;__;