PDA

View Full Version : Change in Membership Status

Haggard
29 Mar 2009, 10:59pm
Effective Today the way to become a member and regular has changed. A year ago people would be give regular status by admins. We recently changed it so that players could simply fill out a form to become a regular and with a simple background check they would get approved.

The problem with that setup was that people who know nothing about our community could become "Regulars" as long as they didn't have any recent bans against their steam id. That de-valued the reputation of the regulars group by allowing anyone who could stay ban free to use the tag. Below is the new membership structure:

Players can fill out our Become a Member (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=1) form to officially join our community. As long as they pass a background check they will be approved and can use the tag of SG.Mem.

Members who decide to stay active on our forum will be automatically upgraded once they have been a forum member for 2 months and have 100+ posts. Once their forum group is upgrade they can then use the SG.Reg tag.

Honorable Gamers are long time members of this community who have been around for 6 months and have a minimum of 400 posts on our forum. The promotion to Honorable gamer is automatic once you have met the minimum requirements.

*Current Regulars who used the old system to become a regulars will be allowed to keep the SG.Reg tag. This only affects future members.

Hazardous
29 Mar 2009, 11:10pm
.. ossim.

Bethy
29 Mar 2009, 11:55pm
I love this idea.
YAY! :amuse:

Silentfaith
30 Mar 2009, 12:04am
Great idea, it was way to get to get reg before. Good stuff :)

Tcp-Kill
30 Mar 2009, 01:05am
Nice, see you done it :P

Cooki3Monsta
30 Mar 2009, 02:26am
Yess! We can actually have "Regs" now instead of random people.

Maxwelldon
30 Mar 2009, 03:13am
Yess! We can actually have "Regs" now instead of random people.

QFT, there was all the time some random-dices which really took on the nerve! Anyhow great see some changes :thumb:

Ibbz
30 Mar 2009, 03:53am
im saved becuse i dont think i have 1 hundy posts

Daze
30 Mar 2009, 03:55am
im saved becuse i dont think i have 1 hundy posts

155, it says it under your name..

Paul
30 Mar 2009, 04:08am
Sounds good.

Toxin
30 Mar 2009, 05:08am
Great idea, at least we'll get to know the Regs now.

Chêvouÿx
30 Mar 2009, 05:27am
Huzzah! and Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Thank you, Haggard. Now peace will become a normality. This community is becoming better by the days :thumb:

Good luck to future Regs!

andre1028
30 Mar 2009, 06:20am
Sweet. Now I'll actually know the regs in game. I'm tired of going into a game and seeing a new reg thinking "Who the fuck is that?"

SilentGuns
30 Mar 2009, 06:51am
Good... Now there won't be dumb regs who say ''Im in a clan called SG''. ITS A COMMUNITY , DAMN IT! lol

ReneGade
30 Mar 2009, 07:12am
rofl I would still not even be eligible to be a Reg yet if this system was in place before lol

CandleJack
30 Mar 2009, 07:23am
great Idea Haggard

Jazz
30 Mar 2009, 10:00am
Nice, like it!

DoubleSb
30 Mar 2009, 12:13pm
Yay, now n00bs won't mistake my SG.reg tag the way I put it :]

MasterkennyG
30 Mar 2009, 12:28pm
wait .. so will we be having a usergroup for members and a seprat usergroup for regulars? and can we make it that regs should have o be active in vent aswell because that would help get our vent status up ..

F1shst1cks
30 Mar 2009, 12:40pm
I like this. I've seen a few randoms with the Reg tag on a few SG servers, but have never read a word from them on the forums.

...this may need to be bulleted in the 'Memberships Request' forum, in case some players wonder why they weren't granted Membership status.

MasterkennyG
30 Mar 2009, 12:46pm
Effective Today the way to become a member and regular has changed. A year ago people would be give regular status by admins. We recently changed it so that players could simply fill out a form to become a regular and with a simple background check they would get approved.

The problem with that setup was that people who know nothing about our community could become "Regulars" as long as they didn't have any recent bans against their steam id. That de-valued the reputation of the regulars group by allowing anyone who could stay ban free to use the tag. Below is the new membership structure:

Players can fill out our Become a Member (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=1) form to officially join our community. As long as they pass a background check they will be approved and can use the tag of SG.Mem.

Members who decide to stay active on our forum will be automatically upgraded once they have been a forum member for 2 months and have 100+ posts. Once their forum group is upgrade they can then use the SG.Reg tag.

Honorable Gamers are long time members of this community who have been around for 6 months and have a minimum of 400 posts on our forum. The promotion to Honorable gamer is automatic once you have met the minimum requirements.

*Current Regulars who used the old system to become a regulars will be allowed to keep the SG.Reg tag. This only affects future members.

the trick we should do is not tell the new members that they will gget promoted with 2 months on forums and 100 posts .. but we should hint it to them, it might be better to avoid spammed posts, like just let the members know that activity might helpin your promotion.

Dracula
30 Mar 2009, 12:48pm
Better :D

Determined2Win
30 Mar 2009, 12:55pm
I like the sound of this, nice work Mr. Nuggs.

-D2W

trakaill
30 Mar 2009, 04:39pm
one 100 seems like a lot! I see a lot of member that I know but dont have that many post!..anyhow its a good idea..maybe 50 would be more appropriate! your call nice work!!!

Blue Wolf X53
31 Mar 2009, 12:06pm
:clap:Now we can have people that like the server and the community instead of random people being idiots on the server

MrGall
31 Mar 2009, 03:24pm
makes much more sence. Good thinking batman =)

Wrathek
31 Mar 2009, 06:45pm
cool thanks broseph.