PDA

View Full Version : Xbox + Blizzard = wtf?

LVG
29 Mar 2009, 02:39pm
http://uk.video.ign.com/dor/articles/965543/ign-daily-fix-/videos/thefix_spc_032609.html

Apparently the new xbox is in production and maybe WoW will be compatibly Noooo

Toxin
29 Mar 2009, 03:55pm
Yes please. But a new xbox? I just got me 360 a month ago shit.

Lux
29 Mar 2009, 04:05pm
Phew......it was just a nightmare.

Wait........

Desum
29 Mar 2009, 05:32pm
Lol, the reporters last name is Chobot ;P

Frostbyte
29 Mar 2009, 05:56pm
Xbox 360 has been out for a while, bout god damn time. Lets hope Nintendo's BoD's dont get high and mix up for words innovative and fun once more.

Mikey
29 Mar 2009, 06:33pm
FUUUCKKK!! and i just spent 400 on a fucking xbox, i hole it doesn't come out for another year+

Paul
29 Mar 2009, 06:56pm
Great, now they can ruin a whole new set of peoples lives :rlol:

GrayFox
29 Mar 2009, 07:17pm
As soon as the Xbox people came to FFXI it went downhill. Good luck with that now on WoW.

CandleJack
29 Mar 2009, 07:56pm
well its not a new Xbox per say, its really the equivalent of the PSP, only its gonna be a portable xbox

Desum
29 Mar 2009, 08:10pm
As soon as the Xbox people came to FFXI it went downhill. Good luck with that now on WoW.

No ones gonna buy it... I mean, whats the point? Go spend 30$ for the game then another 40$ and 50$ for the expansion sets just so you can buy a new account with a new subscription and level the same people just so you can do it all using shitty controls and a laggy connection?

Wrathek
29 Mar 2009, 09:38pm
the new xbox isnt coming out for more than 2 years i would imagine.. you think they only spend like a year in development for their consoles that they want to last more than 5-6 years?

Christo
30 Mar 2009, 01:39pm
What is best xbox or playstation?

Italian Jew
30 Mar 2009, 01:44pm
What is best xbox or playstation?

Do not entice fanboy arguments plzthx.

Henrik
31 Mar 2009, 04:05am
i was going to buy a xbox 360 but after hearing this im not.

Gumpy
31 Mar 2009, 03:40pm
Do not entice fanboy arguments plzthx.

It wouldn't even be a proper argument, it would just be Luxzors saying "X BAWKS HAV RED RINGS OF DEATH!!!":cheesy:

Blue Wolf X53
31 Mar 2009, 04:16pm
WoW is a virus that sucks the life out of people (Who already have no life) and leaving a person with a sole purpose to play the game EVERYDAY and nothing else. To have it come out on a console will make this infection spread.

Lux
31 Mar 2009, 04:23pm
It wouldn't even be a proper argument, it would just be Luxors saying "X BAWKS HAV RED RINGS OF DEATH!!!":cheesy:

DUN B HATIN. More people than me have PS3, and no one I know IRL has a XBOX so it suprised me that 95% of people in SG have an XBOX (if any console).

btw I dunno how hard it is but I'm sure theres harder names to remember than mine. Everyone says luxors or luxardfatfasrfasrfqwasz

Gumpy
31 Mar 2009, 04:31pm
DUN B HATIN. More people than me have PS3, and no one I know IRL has a XBOX so it suprised me that 95% of people in SG have an XBOX (if any console).

btw I dunno how hard it is but I'm sure theres harder names to remember than mine. Everyone says luxors or luxardfatfasrfasrfqwasz

Maybe if your name was a real word it wouldn't be so hard to remember...

Toxin
31 Mar 2009, 07:28pm
WoW is a virus that sucks the life out of people (Who already have no life) and leaving a person with a sole purpose to play the game EVERYDAY and nothing else. To have it come out on a console will make this infection spread.

People like you disgust the fucking brown stinking shit out of me. WoW is a game and will always be one. It is addictive, but on the other hand it brings in money to developers, provides income for workers of Blizzard and strengthens the Electronical Economy.
Most people play it in acceptable times or when they don't have anything else to do, so don't fucking go around saying "HHAHA LOOK HE SNORTED HE PLAYS WOW!!!11!"

Awacs
31 Mar 2009, 09:55pm
A new xbox? Fail. Fail. More fail?

I wouldn't buy it for at least a year+ to hopefully avoid the launch problems microsoft always has. Then again, waiting might not do much good either.

Italian Jew
31 Mar 2009, 10:11pm
Fanboys approaching on this thread...

LOCK THE THREAD NOW PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER GOD/DEITY/ALIEN/NOODLEY APPENDAGED BEING YOU WORSHIP!!!!:lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1:

Farmer Mick
1 Apr 2009, 12:01am
LOLZORZORZORZORZORZORZROZRORZORZOZROZROZROZROZROZR ORZOROZOROZROROZR

Desum
1 Apr 2009, 12:26am

LOCK THE THREAD NOW PLZ FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER GOD/DEITY/ALIEN/NOODLEY APPENDAGED BEING YOU WORSHIP!!!!:lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1::lock1:

"Hey, guys... Look! Over here, they're talking about World of warcraft! Quick, raid the topic before its locked!"

Longwave
3 Apr 2009, 03:37am
i could really careless about wow. but i want to know what will the new xbox be called? XBOX 720? lol

Huwajux
3 Apr 2009, 05:41am
WOO HOO! I AM NOT ALONE!

People like you disgust the fucking brown stinking shit out of me. WoW is a game and will always be one. It is addictive, but on the other hand it brings in money to developers, provides income for workers of Blizzard and strengthens the Electronical Economy.
Most people play it in acceptable times or when they don't have anything else to do, so don't fucking go around saying "HHAHA LOOK HE SNORTED HE PLAYS WOW!!!11!"
Blue Wolf you idiot, you've made Toxin RAGE! :eek:

dobby985
20 Apr 2009, 12:05pm
I really don't see how WoW would work on a console.
You would have to use a keyboard and mouse as a controller would definitely not work.
I really wouldn't want anyone raiding with me who doesn't have the correct addons and vent installed.
Anyway... I'll believe it when i see it.

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 12:29pm
I bought a console to get rid of those blibbering low-lifeheads, oh god..

I could imagine it

*game starting in modern warfare 2*
"Hey man what's up" "nothing, you" "Well... I dunno, do you have WOW for xbox" "No." "why not, Wow is an excellent game" "No, stfu" "cmon, we have so many people who plays it" "Yes, and they are called no-lifes" "HEY, IT'S A LIFE STILE" "No, shut the fuck up!, I bought a console to get rid of you shitheads" "Don't talk to me untill you buy it" "Get the fuck out."

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 01:13pm
Did you just have a brain haemorrhage?

Nah, just tired.

Omar
20 Apr 2009, 01:26pm
Does tiredness equate to retardation in your brain?

No, I just get real slow when I'm tired, that's all, just like you're hyper in the morning.

Runski
20 Apr 2009, 02:38pm
wtf?! there are still games to come out for the Xbox 360 though. Can't wait for Modern Warfare 2 BTW they dropped Call of Duty so it's just... Modern Warfare 2, and the next one by Treyarch is probably going to be World at War 2, with no Call of Duty in the title

Suri
21 Apr 2009, 09:23am
Actually, I doubt that.

Treyarch will probably make a Call of Duty 5 or just expansions.

I doubt the franchise can go much further under Treyarch.

New Modern Warfare does not have the COD name. This is true. Now there is no facts behind the WAW one. But Modern Warfare2 will be the title.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/25/gdc-09-modern-warfare-2-coming-nov-10/

Acessed
21 Apr 2009, 09:52am
Thats just really scary, I mean WoW on the xbox.... Microsof+Blizzard... wtf..
I mean I only just found out CS is on the xbox lmao

TheTruth
23 Apr 2009, 05:24pm
Wow. I already played PSU for the 360 and had to pay extra monthly on top of my xbox live fee. If WoW has a monthly fee, then I might get it. If it dosent, then I'll get it for sure.

Well that also depends. Will the new 360 have free live?

Caution
23 Apr 2009, 06:38pm
Will the new 360 have free live?

When hell freezes over.

Votefail.
26 Apr 2009, 03:06pm

umm hes kinda right a bunch of people are now posting about this thread stupidly. So ill try to get it back on topic and i think it will ruin WoW now were going to have a bunch of immature laggy ass newbz playing WoW. :focus:

Also blue wolf about that comment about thinking WoW players have no life, why then is it the best selling game in the world? well because its fun it doesnt ruin your life just some people have stereotypes against it and think everyone who plays it are nerds. if you can keep the play time low then you have a life, if you dont just play WoW you have life

StrykerSwat
27 Apr 2009, 06:02am
You guys gotta watch the E3 this June 1st-June 4th
they announce lots of shit right there
like new games,new hardware,new deals,new bundles,what is gonna be new to the system etc.
in Gamespot they do an interview with game developers who are bringing a sort of games

and Video Games Live is going to be there on the 4th :D

Bad Dog
27 Apr 2009, 06:36pm
i could really careless about wow. but i want to know what will the new xbox be called? XBOX 720? lol

If Microsoft listens to my suggestion + has a soul theyll name it Xbox 420 ^^

RiotJavelin
14 May 2009, 10:12am

I used to play WoW thank god I quit it is the same shit over and over every single day your on. Now that i look at it it was such a waste of money playing that shitty game.

1Life
13 Jun 2009, 07:20pm
First of all I would like to start out with that Xbox took the same companies processor sony was using and totally downsized it. Now Crysis 2 is going to be exclusively for the PC and PS3. This is simply because the proccessor and core of the xbox do not have enough power to run it. Now i ask you a question. Do you think the XBOX will be able to run World of Warcraft if it cannot even push out anything CLOSE to that. And blizzard will never sell the rights as they are strictly a PC company. I believe no matter who published this article it was just a rumor and is ridiculously false.

andre1028
13 Jun 2009, 07:53pm
Crysis 2 is for the Xbox 360 too. Gears of War, Far Cry 2, COD4 are examples of how well the Xbox 360 can be pushed.

If you want to check out the potential of both consoles then go to http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html.

Italian Jew
13 Jun 2009, 08:09pm
First of all I would like to start out with that Xbox took the same companies processor sony was using and totally downsized it. Now Crysis 2 is going to be exclusively for the PC and PS3. This is simply because the proccessor and core of the xbox do not have enough power to run it. Now i ask you a question. Do you think the XBOX will be able to run World of Warcraft if it cannot even push out anything CLOSE to that. And blizzard will never sell the rights as they are strictly a PC company. I believe no matter who published this article it was just a rumor and is ridiculously false.

I think your brain needs more oxygen.

Flick
13 Jun 2009, 11:56pm
I dont play wow but i have before it was fun and xbox is an awesome system if ps3 is better then why is xbob more widley used i personally would love to see wow on xbox because oblivion is the only rpg game i have and its not multiplayer

Frostbyte
14 Jun 2009, 10:17am
Oblivion doesn't need multiplayer.

Agreeed. If you want to play Oblivion-like multiplayer, check out Age of Chivalry, its free.

1Life
14 Jun 2009, 01:41pm
XBOX is played more then a playstation 3 in many ways. One because it came out a year earlier than all the other next gen consoles even with the red ring bug. Which was a risk microsoft took and i guess you can say it was successful. And MICROSOFT announced in the latest game informer(July Edition) that it is pushing at 140 percent. They are overclocking the hell out of it. Sorry i was ill informed about the Crysis 2 situation by a gamestop employee. Another reason why XBOX is more popular is because playstation 3 was too expensive for most gamers and still may be. I believe it is not because the hardware is way more complex and outstanding. I'm not a fanboy either as I have all systems. Why do you think they are discussing a release date for a new xbox late 2010? They screwed up on it big time and they just made a huge cover up by using xbox live. Live is what has always kept Microsoft in the run. Nintendo is for kids that's why its number 1. Too many little kids out there. If Nintendo doesn't dish out this upcoming year...they are in huge trouble. There E3 sucked and was worse out of all of them by far. Then Microsoft and not surprisingly Sony did number 1 E3 for ratings. Simply because the technology for the PlayStation 3 in the future is going to be ridiculous. Virtual NVIDIA goggles?Motion censored? And if you want to compare graphics than waste your time it is not that big of a difference i agree but Sony runs games a lot more clearer. I have had cod4 for my xbox then ps3 and its crystal. Another thing is Sony can run at the double fps than the xbox360. Resistance 2 online is running at a solid 80 fps. Default fps for all games are either 30 or 60. Sony's executive engineer announced in E3 that they will be upping the fps to about 150 by late 2009. Xbox has no competition with the ps3 hardware wise as I do believe right now there title selection is better. But in the end..Sony will dominate like they always do. There hit games like FF13 and Resistance 3 and God of War 3 will come out and it's gonna be a blast. WoW would be a horrible idea for Microsoft as it will take interest away from all the other games for the console. Sorry if i kind of went off topic as this is a start of a very good conversation. Oh also that link is bullshit. It says that year of the article was 2005. Thats funny because Xbox came out November of 2005. E3 was already over. Go to youtube or a legit website. What happened was Sony went to hp to make their processor and HP being dumbasses showed the prototype which was originally for the ps3 to Microsoft. Microsoft could not generate enough power to run the processor so they had to downsize it. Even with the downsize the core could not handle it as that's what was the cause of the red ring. Overheating. Thank you for heading my post:) Here are some videos you guys might find hardware proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRaYXHHCgxo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3noW5OmBf8s

Italian Jew
14 Jun 2009, 02:57pm
Why do you think they are discussing a release date for a new xbox late 2010? They screwed up on it big time and they just made a huge cover up by using xbox live.

Microsoft, like all other gaming companies, is trying to design their next generation of consoles so they can up the ante and make more money. I don't see how Xbox Live was a cover up. They developed Xbox Live alongside the 360, not after Microsoft "screwed up" as you would like us to believe. Even if Microsoft screwed up on the 360, the screw up has been doing better than the PS3.

Nintendo is for kids that's why its number 1. Too many little kids out there. If Nintendo doesn't dish out this upcoming year...they are in huge trouble. There E3 sucked and was worse out of all of them by far.

No. Nintendo has been kicking Microsoft and Sony's asses because of its gameplay/interface. The Wii created a new type of console gaming that the entire family could enjoy (kids AND adults). The Wiimote was an innovate device that gave the Wii a sort of hands on approach to gaming. Even if the games are simple, you will have a fun time playing them because you are not playing them with a basic controller. You are moving around, swinging your arms and motioning your hands in different manners.

Then Microsoft and not surprisingly Sony did number 1 E3 for ratings. Simply because the technology for the PlayStation 3 in the future is going to be ridiculous. Virtual NVIDIA goggles?Motion censored?

Jesus Christ you need to work on your grammar. It looks as if you are saying that both Microsoft and Sony were in the top spot for E3 (which doesn't make sense). I'm not going to argue which company was #1 or #2, but you are ignoring Microsoft's promises for the 360 and for their next console. Hell, you might want us to believe Natal is just another "cover up".

But in the end..Sony will dominate like they always do. There hit games like FF13 and Resistance 3 and God of War 3 will come out and it's gonna be a blast.

Sony hasn't been dominating for several years now. When will the end come? Will the end be the end of the PS3? The PS4? Does it count when Nintendo or Microsoft might outsell the next Playstation with their new consoles?

FF13 is also on the 360 by the way; it isn't an exclusive. The other two games may be great hits in Japan, but in the US, people will probably have both systems or prefer other consoles hits. We aren't even looking at PC games here.

Go to youtube or a legit website. Youtube and legit website shouldn't be used in the same statement.

Even with the downsize the core could not handle it as that's what was the cause of the red ring. Overheating.

Technically, simple overheating is not the cause as if you were to let it cool down, it would work fine. The warping of the motherboard caused by long term overheating/material used/positioning does it. The solder joints start to crack and shit just goes downhill from there. Microsoft has also fixed the problem for those who experience it, so now, it is highly unlikely something like that would occur (unless of course you went on a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG ass gaming marathon that would kill other consoles and posssibly PCs as well.)

Lastly....

USE YOUR GODDAMN ENTER/RETURN KEY!

1Life
14 Jun 2009, 03:17pm
I see your argument. Yes the Wii brought something new but now its trashed up. Sales are starting to cool off. It's not so big a deal anymore. And maybe Xbox is doing better then Sony because it came out a year earlier. The new Xbox is suppose to match the ps3 not be better. I don't consider the xbox next gen console. Dont be such a critic with the whole grammar...Is that necessary..no..And your telling me that the first Xbox dominated ps2? Yeah right i would like you to do the sale check. And console sold Sony is only about 10 million behind or something like that I do not remember. I totally agree the Wii has pounced everyone never said it didn't. Im saying the majority of gamers are young children that's also a main reason why it has sold so much. It is a great party system. Notice i didn't say find a legit source ON youtube i said OR. I just want the facts correct. My whole point only has been that Sony has better hardware. All i wanted to throw out there. Xbox is behind it and that's why it is forced to make a new system. Don't be so harsh with the replies as it is unnecessary. Ty:)

P.S oh my bad I know there was a whole argument with Sony and Square Enix about FF13 available on xbox as well. I mistyped as I meant to say FF14. FF14 is an exclusive to the PlayStation 3 as it was revealed in E3 this year. Console wars don't even matter anymore.....10-20 years from now it is supposedly going to be a disk you put in your computer and chose which format of Sony Microsoft or Nintendo. I read that in an article somewhere don't know if it's true. Anyone else hear about that? And God of War got game of the year in 2006 or something like that so I do not know how you can say it is not a hit in the U.S. And the Xbox overheats because it only has 3 cores so it has to work twice as hard. Ps3 has 8 and only using 7. Your telling me Xbox is going to keep up the potential and quality of the games to the Ps3 with not even 1/2 the amount of cores. Don't think so in my opinion.

Italian Jew
14 Jun 2009, 03:32pm
And your telling me that the first Xbox dominated ps2? Yeah right i would like you to do the sale check.

You said earlier that Sony always dominates in the end. I merely stated that Sony hasn't been dominating anything for several years. I did not mention the Xbox vs. PS2 sales nor was I referring to them. I was suggesting that Sony hasn't been doing well since their post PS2 era.

Since you want to bring up the PS2 though, the PS2 was a great system. Hell, it is even outselling the PS3, so maybe it is better than the PS3 if you want to rely on sales numbers solely (as that is what you only pointed to in the statement above). However, the reasons why the PS2 outsold the Xbox were because it was made by an already established gaming company and the thing was a much more appropriate size. It wasn't as powerful as the Xbox and it could be argued it didn't have great starts for franchises as the Xbox did. However, technical power or prowess is not everything, as demonstrated by PS2 beating the Xbox, the 360 beating the PS3, and the Wii crushing both PS3 and 360.

Xbox is behind it and that's why it is forced to make a new system.

I don't see how Xbox is behind the PS3 if it is still beating it. If it was making a new system because it was behind, why did Sony make the PS3 when the PS2 was doing well? Why is Nintendo currently looking at newer technologies?

Your telling me Xbox is going to keep up the potential and quality of the games to the Ps3 with not even 1/2 the amount of cores.

Currently, the Xbox has done a great job at keeping up with the quality, but in the long run no, which is why Microsoft is beefing up their next console so it can stay in the market, even though game developers have harder times developing for the PS3 as its much touted hardware superiority can't be used yet. By the time the PS3 can live up to its resume, the Xbox will be able to meet it. It isn't a question of if the console is designed better, it is whether the game developers can harness the abilities of the consoles effectively enough. You have an underdog performing better than it should versus an underachiever. By the time the underachiever uses its potential, the underdog will have moved up.

1Life
14 Jun 2009, 03:42pm
Nintendo and Sony are looking forward for the later years. Xbox rushed and hell yes it did well. But in the future there going to be left with a huge decision. What are our expectations for our next console? Sony and Wii have way later technology than Microsoft. They are smarter than Microsoft and that is why. Microsoft is already in a hurry for the new Xbox while Sony and the Wii are just chillin. Because Sony planned on their system to last way longer you tell me if that's a good thing. And personally i love the ps2 as well:) Wish they made the ps3 based off the ps2. I will admit Sony got fancy but it's still better hardware wise and i stick to my statement when I say Sony will be on top in the future. The new Xbox is suppose to match up with the PS3's power. Even said by one of the Microsoft guys in "E3 REVEALED BEHIND THE CURTAINS". Why couldn't they put that power into the 360. Microsoft will have 2 next gen consoles and Sony will have 1 yet Sony's will still have the same power as the 2nd Microsoft console. I wonder who is smarter.

Bad Dog
14 Jun 2009, 03:47pm
SR_Reflex Im guessing you had some good arguements..notice how I say "guess' since all your arguements are in the forms of WALLS OF TEXT :O

1Life
14 Jun 2009, 03:50pm
Indeed Bad Dog....Indeed.:P Get so pissed off when people say Xbox's hardware matches the PlayStation's because it doesn't. :)

Italian Jew
14 Jun 2009, 04:20pm
Sony and Wii have way later technology than Microsoft. They are smarter than Microsoft and that is why. Microsoft is already in a hurry for the new Xbox while Sony and the Wii are just chillin. Because Sony planned on their system to last way longer you tell me if that's a good thing.

You are assuming Microsoft isn't developing anything else.

1Life
14 Jun 2009, 05:12pm
Nah im saying Microsoft has to make a whole new system where nintendo and Sony don't at the moment.

Italian Jew
14 Jun 2009, 05:35pm
Nah im saying Microsoft has to make a whole new system where nintendo and Sony don't at the moment.

Which means when they do, they will get the jump on the other two. It is a perpetual game of leap frog.

andre1028
14 Jun 2009, 05:43pm
I just want the facts correct. My whole point only has been that Sony has better hardware. All i wanted to throw out there. Xbox is behind it and that's why it is forced to make a new system. Don't be so harsh with the replies as it is unnecessary. Ty:)

P.S oh my bad I know there was a whole argument with Sony and Square Enix about FF13 available on xbox as well. I mistyped as I meant to say FF14. FF14 is an exclusive to the PlayStation 3 as it was revealed in E3 this year. Console wars don't even matter anymore.....10-20 years from now it is supposedly going to be a disk you put in your computer and chose which format of Sony Microsoft or Nintendo. I read that in an article somewhere don't know if it's true. Anyone else hear about that? And God of War got game of the year in 2006 or something like that so I do not know how you can say it is not a hit in the U.S. And the Xbox overheats because it only has 3 cores so it has to work twice as hard. Ps3 has 8 and only using 7. Your telling me Xbox is going to keep up the potential and quality of the games to the Ps3 with not even 1/2 the amount of cores. Don't think so in my opinion.

Just to clear up things. Just because a system has less cores it doesn't mean it has to work twice as hard. The load would probably be spilled all over the other components. Besides, who says the 360 is working as hard as the PS3? The hardware differences in both systems prove so, and saying that something has to work twice as hard to keep up to something is logically wrong since there are stuff you can't even compare because of differences. With that aside... The cores of the PS3 aren't actually used to their full potential to be honest. Many game developers don't take the time and have the knowledge to actually spread the weighting on the 7. It goes the same with bluray seeing how they jam all the memory into one portion of the disk so the reading laser doesn't have to travel as far as it would spreading it around in the memory size of the disk. Saying that the cores define the potential and quality of games is false to be honest because they're barely even use. Let alone you ignored the Graphics Power Unit and it's flexibility, Memory System Bandwidth, and the actual usability of the CPU.

XBOX is played more then a playstation 3 in many ways. One because it came out a year earlier than all the other next gen consoles even with the red ring bug. Which was a risk microsoft took and i guess you can say it was successful. And MICROSOFT announced in the latest game informer(July Edition) that it is pushing at 140 percent. They are overclocking the hell out of it. Sorry i was ill informed about the Crysis 2 situation by a gamestop employee. Another reason why XBOX is more popular is because playstation 3 was too expensive for most gamers and still may be. I believe it is not because the hardware is way more complex and outstanding. I'm not a fanboy either as I have all systems. Why do you think they are discussing a release date for a new xbox late 2010? They screwed up on it big time and they just made a huge cover up by using xbox live. Live is what has always kept Microsoft in the run. Nintendo is for kids that's why its number 1. Too many little kids out there. If Nintendo doesn't dish out this upcoming year...they are in huge trouble. There E3 sucked and was worse out of all of them by far. Then Microsoft and not surprisingly Sony did number 1 E3 for ratings. Simply because the technology for the PlayStation 3 in the future is going to be ridiculous. Virtual NVIDIA goggles?Motion censored? And if you want to compare graphics than waste your time it is not that big of a difference i agree but Sony runs games a lot more clearer. I have had cod4 for my xbox then ps3 and its crystal. Another thing is Sony can run at the double fps than the xbox360. Resistance 2 online is running at a solid 80 fps. Default fps for all games are either 30 or 60. Sony's executive engineer announced in E3 that they will be upping the fps to about 150 by late 2009. Xbox has no competition with the ps3 hardware wise as I do believe right now there title selection is better. But in the end..Sony will dominate like they always do. There hit games like FF13 and Resistance 3 and God of War 3 will come out and it's gonna be a blast. WoW would be a horrible idea for Microsoft as it will take interest away from all the other games for the console. Sorry if i kind of went off topic as this is a start of a very good conversation. Oh also that link is bullshit. It says that year of the article was 2005. Thats funny because Xbox came out November of 2005. E3 was already over. Go to youtube or a legit website. What happened was Sony went to hp to make their processor and HP being dumbasses showed the prototype which was originally for the ps3 to Microsoft. Microsoft could not generate enough power to run the processor so they had to downsize it. Even with the downsize the core could not handle it as that's what was the cause of the red ring. Overheating. Thank you for heading my post:) Here are some videos you guys might find hardware proof.

First you said that the popularity of the 360 is because of the date of release, but now you're saying it's because of the price? The date of release doesn't determine the sales actually. The fucking price of the PS3 was unbearable to regular consumers who actually HAVE bills to pay. By the way ouch... there are so many cool games coming out for the PS3 well actually no. The Xbox always and has been on the better side when it came to selection of games. The amount of amazing games on the 360 actually makes thinking about the hardware pretty useless. Besides, Hardware is not what defines the success of the console, the games do. The PS3 has the Hardware... but excuse me? Where the hell are the games? You can customize your assault rifle with scopes and your shotgun with grips, but if you don't have the bullets you can't kill anyone.

The of the 360 reliability was lacking because of the RROD but that was fixed when Microsoft revamped the console design and offered free technical support to anyone who encountered the problem. The red ring wasn't actually caused mainly by overheating but overheating did take a factor. The system design was a major flaw, but they fixed it. That my friend is something Nintendo (seeing how they ran out of ideas in ALL of their games) let alone Sony (seeing how their main business is not all for gaming) would not do. Saying Microsoft is stupid even though they cleaned up all their messes is completely false too. If you look at all Microsoft has cleaned up in history it surprises you. Vista was one of them. If Microsoft was stupid they wouldn't be where they are. I also don't know where you got that Microsoft isn't looking to the future. Ehem... Windows 7 is due to release THIS year. A corporation with no ambition and no sense of thought with the future would fail instantly. By the way, if that article was bullshit I'm pretty sure IGN would be boycotted by hardware junkies. Also there's a thing called "False Advertising". I don't think a massive corporation would risk the chance of being sued for lying about their advertised products. Not like anyone would win a case against them anyways.

Which means when they do, they will get the jump on the other two. It is a perpetual game of leap frog.

Indeed. Where one corporation wins another one arises eventually. It's more about who's more creative and innovative. Technology will be out of the picture soon and comparing hardware would be pointless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way. This PS3 vs 360 banter is pretty relevant. All of their technology comes from the PC and the PC will always, always, always dominate and that's the end of it. The console wars is pretty idiotic when you look at the bigger picture. To be honest a fucking three year old really cares about which one is better. In the end you choose the one that fits you the best. If you want a friendly atmosphere go with the Wii, if you want Multiplayer go to the 360, if you want performance go to the PS3. I really don't see why people compare the three when it's all for preference. Fanboys I tell you, they need to be shot. If you really care about which one is better then don't come on a PC centered community. But alas if I wasn't working on something right now so I would get more in depth with the topic. Life is a bitch. Things like these make it worse.

1Life
14 Jun 2009, 07:17pm
all agreed...all agreed...PC is the ultimate system.

Frostbyte
14 Jun 2009, 09:42pm
all agreed...all agreed...PC is the ultimate system.

Not really. Every system out there has its flaws.

PC: Needs upgrading every few years, prone to viruses (this really depends on the user). PC specs need to be up to snuff so that you can run the game at the same framerate and graphics, or higher on a PC. With a console, you generally have a solid framerate with nice graphics (depending on the game). Also, there are usually hackers in games, but thats a different story.

Xbox 360: Xbox live costs money, but you pay for a better time online than PSN or Nintendo Wi-Fi. Prone to the hardware failures (red rings, discs not reading).

PS3: Online is free, but not nearly as good as XBL. The PS3 has a great game lineup, but most of the time, a mainstream game gets ported to the Xbox 360, and Sony loses an exclusive. You also have to install updates that stay on your hard drive, and you usually end up deleting them once you stop playing a game.

Wii: Most functions on the wii can be done by simply flicking your wrist, or spamming a button Resident Evil style. The online is meh, maybe because I dont enjoy playing Super Smash Bros with lag. The Wii's graphics cant even be compared with a PC, Xbox, or PS3, and in most cases you hear "It looks nice..... FOR A WII GAME!!!". Also, the friend code thing is pretty annoying.

Every system has its flaws, you just have to find whatever system suits your income, and your play style. Not everybody can afford a high end PC. And the people that can afford a high end PC would rather play on a system with better graphics and a mouse/keyboard than a console, then so be it, thats their choice.

Flick
15 Jun 2009, 08:55am
well at least theres one thing we can all agree on..... ATARI FTW

Ultramarine
16 Jun 2009, 11:39am
to sum this up, if MS decides to drop the 360 like a hot potato when the new xbox comes out... i wont be buying it.

ninjaz1337
17 Jun 2009, 12:09am
Read my Activison/Blizzard post, maybe it will explain why blizzard would want this.

Gundude54
29 Jul 2009, 08:10pm
i dont give a fuck i care bout the game only

LVG
29 Jul 2009, 09:38pm
i dont give a fuck i care bout the game only

Look at the date...

Spliff
29 Jul 2009, 11:29pm
FUUUCKKK!! and i just spent 400 on a fucking xbox, i hole it doesn't come out for another year+

Do not fret, the new xbox will most likely not be coming out until another 2 years. You spent a good 400 dollars...for now. Just hope your not like Kia and get the RRoD the first 2 weeks of having your xbox lol.

@Sorry about the delayed post this is just interesting.