PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2!

Leon
29 Mar 2009, 07:03am
AKA COD6

Video:
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14281101/call-of-duty-6/videos/modern2_gdc09_trl_siberia_032509.html

IGN:
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14281101.html

Chêvouÿx
29 Mar 2009, 07:12am
Epic

*save smoney for November*

Lux
29 Mar 2009, 09:01am
Well....shit trailer.

It gets boring when they release every 6 months and its barely different.

StrykerSwat
29 Mar 2009, 09:02am
omg when will u people learn
CoDWaW isnt CoD5,even treyarch said,its not counted as CoD5 because there making it
and CoD:MW2 isnt CoD6 its just CoD:MW2
dammit people really learn and read the gaming news really
dam it gets annoying already

Dracula
29 Mar 2009, 09:06am
Man COD:5 sucked balls I COD6 is better. :rlol:

PotshotPolka
29 Mar 2009, 09:12am
They aren't getting another dime from me.

andre1028
29 Mar 2009, 10:37am
If they're going to stick with the same engine and gameplay I ain't buying this shit.

Frostbyte
29 Mar 2009, 11:22am
If they're going to stick with the same engine and gameplay I ain't buying this shit.

That.

Dante
29 Mar 2009, 12:17pm
Infinty Ward makes the Call of duty games perfect its Treyarch you gotta watch they made WAW and i don't think it's all that great but im lookin forward to Modernwarfare 2 !!!

Paladin
29 Mar 2009, 12:26pm
Infinity Ward succeeded in making only one good game imo, and that is Call of Duty. The first one.

Everything just gets easier and easier and now there's no point in me wasting my time.

Leon
29 Mar 2009, 12:58pm
the hardest game i thought was Medal Of Honor but the first COD was indeed epic.

High
29 Mar 2009, 01:08pm
Its not even Call of Duty.

They are calling the game Modern Warfare 2. No Call of Duty on it.

From Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/26/activision-modern-warfare-has-taken-on-a-life-of-its-own/)

Tcp-Kill
29 Mar 2009, 01:13pm
that trailer was pathetic

LVG
29 Mar 2009, 01:23pm
Was just about to say about time i seen a trailer... that sucked though.. i wana see official gameplay etc hopefully its good

sneezing panda
29 Mar 2009, 02:32pm
ill buy it anyway lol!!!

Omar
29 Mar 2009, 02:53pm
Fuck it, I'm re-installing the fist COD now, fuck the new ones, all shit.

Trailer was shit

Italian Jew
29 Mar 2009, 03:24pm
Its a teaser; get over it

Paladin
29 Mar 2009, 07:40pm
I am very very happy that I found my first COD cds.

CandleJack
29 Mar 2009, 08:02pm
this game is getting so much hype, i know that COD is a GREAT series, but one of these days they will make a game that will not be so good

ReGIONALS
29 Mar 2009, 08:09pm
"Call of Duty 17: Modern Warfare 6: Moderner Warfare 3: Lasers are Bad News: Aerosmith
if one of them was named that would you get it?
also this new one "modern warfare 2" is not in the cod series they are making a new series before tey have a name like "Call of Duty 17: Modern Warfare 6: Moderner Warfare 3: Lasers are Bad News: Aerosmith

they should do a modern warfare maybe in like 2015 or something wher we are at war with china. i think that would be a good new series

Leon
29 Mar 2009, 08:46pm
What about WWI? Vietnam? Civil War for christ sake anything that would make it epic and something that we could learn from it more since they added those mini clips about what happen in that event now.

Italian Jew
29 Mar 2009, 09:36pm
What about WWI? Vietnam? Civil War for christ sake anything that would make it epic and something that we could learn from it more since they added those mini clips about what happen in that event now.

WWI would be sitting around in a trench all day while dodging artillery and doesn't the genre well.

Vietnam games have largely sucked (OMG, CHARLIE IS HIDING IN THE TREES!!!!!!!) You can't be playing a game about a war in which was fucked up to begin with and that we ran away from. "You beat the game, but we still lost...game over! :D"

Civil War FPS have sucked. The Civil War does not fit the genre at all.

I'm happy their doing another in the modern setting because WWII has gotten overplayed and there is no other feasible direction to go in. A lot of this discussion is being mounted upon a teaser trailer that served its purpose; it brought up many questions about the game. Once you have an official full trailer, then you will know what the gameplay/story is really like. The teaser is just there to mess with your head.

XeNo
31 Mar 2009, 03:09am
this game is getting so much hype, i know that COD is a GREAT series, but one of these days they will make a game that will not be so good
They already have.

I agree, however I think there's a lot of campaigns that could be put together for a game. I mean, Call of Duty 3 was based on just one small area.

They could do the Winter War, a decent Pacific campaign, Operation Barbarossa, Africa Campaigns, etc.

I don't like Modern Warfare for two simple reasons:

1) The plot and storyline were completely neglected, which is what made the Call of Duty series so brilliant.

2) It's full of this ooh-rah, gung-ho, bombs-away let's-kill-us-some-terrorists rubbish that just gives me a migraine.

Whoever is a fan of Modern Warfare and not one of Word at War, please tell me why they're different, other than the developers.
The guns.

I LIKE ME SOME M16S AND M4 SUPERMODS WITH A DEAGLE.

Not your wooden fireplace-poker-gun.

Frostbyte
31 Mar 2009, 02:00pm
Whoever is a fan of Modern Warfare and not one of Word at War, please tell me why they're different, other than the developers.

Alright, Ill give it a go.

WaW: The campaign was alright, I honestly liked the Russian one more than the Pacific campaign, the last level is pretty epic. The co-op with the death cards is pretty cool, me and a couple friends like to do the paintball and painkiller ones.

The multiplayer: Didn't like it. Most of the guns feel really cheap (cough cough PPSH-41)
and this game has a very high "He never dies, but I die in 2 seconds flat" factor. Some guns don't even have recoil (MP44, as shown in video). The maps aren't really that great, as I find myself getting spawn killed 3/4 of the time. The tanks are a really bad move. Tanks dont belong in COD multiplayer. It takes about 4 satchel charges, 2 bazooka shots, multiple anti tank grenades, and maybe an artillery strike to take out a tank. Honestly, putting tank in COD multiplayer is like putting the Incredible Hulk in a kiddie pool.

Heres the mp44 video.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQ5JreTK3gQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gQ5JreTK3gQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gumpy
31 Mar 2009, 02:31pm

I don't like tanks in multiplayer and I wanted to punch my allies in the face for the whole campaign.

Jimbo
31 Mar 2009, 03:23pm
sweet cant wait for mod warefare 2 loved number 1. as for world at war didnt like it.

Lux
31 Mar 2009, 04:18pm
I think that the single player is ok, although too short and the WaW one was balls.

Multiplayer well......I hate everything about CoD multiplayer. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

When my brother bought WaW I hoped that the old guns would be a lot less noobish, and in general sniping seems a lot less apparent in general online, but instead people just sprint around with sub machine guns........which is like css i guess but css is just better at it.