PDA

View Full Version : Re-texture GG_killerfield

Shoelace
3 Oct 2007, 11:02am
I think it's a good map design, but I always get horrible fps on that map. I have heard others complain about it in-game too. I think its because the map is small enough to see all the way across, and the textures used aren't good for such a small map. Maybe if someone could replace them with smaller textures, it will render smoother and cause less fps? I'd do it myself but my computer can't handle the hammer tool :(.

Arc
3 Oct 2007, 07:13pm
I think it's a good map design, but I always get horrible fps on that map. I have heard others complain about it in-game too. I think its because the map is small enough to see all the way across, and the textures used aren't good for such a small map. Maybe if someone could replace them with smaller textures, it will render smoother and cause less fps? I'd do it myself but my computer can't handle the hammer tool :(.

They could probably be replaced with AIM textures for smoother fps, but then it wouldn't be a field. The map probably could use a bit of optimizing also, nodraw on non-viewable textures.

James
4 Oct 2007, 04:15am
It's probably because it is a an open map, with a lot of textures. Now, the video card would be put under a lot of effort to draw all of those textures at once, hence the low fps, only high end cards would be able to play the map at highest settings.

Riggs
4 Oct 2007, 04:49pm
Honestly, I have a complete shit video card. That's one of the few maps that doesn't give me low FPS. Maybe my computer's just a freak.

jeN
4 Oct 2007, 04:51pm
Skeptical made a map edit where it was raining so you couldn't see across the map and IMO it helped a lot with FPS. :[ How come that was removed in place of the old map?

James
5 Oct 2007, 03:39am
Honestly, I have a complete shit video card. That's one of the few maps that doesn't give me low FPS. Maybe my computer's just a freak.

Maybe your graphic settings are too high? If that doesn't help, then yes, I guess it is time for a new card.

Riggs
5 Oct 2007, 08:18am
I can't put it too low or I can't see sht, like sprays and text on the map, and people complain about racist or gross sprays and I'm like, "Wtf, where?"

It's a setting lower on most of them than the "Recommended" for my computer.

VirDeBello
5 Oct 2007, 10:45am
I actually like that map because I get high FPS on it. So I don't know where the problem is....

jeN
5 Oct 2007, 10:56am
Well on source, FPS is also determined by your cpu. :[ but either way, riggs is just odd.

SDtielvdeo
5 Oct 2007, 01:41pm
Soo... Basicly you're asking someone to waste their time to modify a map, a map that does not even lag much, so that your ancient piece of shit can play better at it? :o
Maybe its time you start updating your pc...

Sorry, but I hate ignorant fools.

James
5 Oct 2007, 02:59pm
Well on source, FPS is also determined by your cpu. :[ but either way, riggs is just odd.

Yes. Just a shame it only uses one of my cores.

jeN
5 Oct 2007, 04:50pm
Yes. Just a shame it only uses one of my cores.

Hopefully Valve gets off their lazy asses and puts out an update to utilize all cores. :P

Jesstilence
6 Oct 2007, 11:35am
Soo... Basicly you're asking someone to waste their time to modify a map, a map that does not even lag much, so that your ancient piece of shit can play better at it? :o

This man speaketh the truth.

James
6 Oct 2007, 12:19pm
Hopefully Valve gets off their lazy asses and puts out an update to utilize all cores. :P

Yes. I think that will happen when hell freezes over.

Shoelace
10 Oct 2007, 02:59pm

Someone forget to pack you some apple juice with your snack today? :cry:

Riggs
10 Oct 2007, 04:51pm
Someone forget to pack you some apple juice with your snack today? :cry:

Someone forget that everybody has Hammer and can do this for their own lazy asses?

Shoelace
10 Oct 2007, 05:54pm
Someone forget that everybody has Hammer and can do this for their own lazy asses?

Why don't you re-read my post before you make an ass of yourself...

Riggs
10 Oct 2007, 06:14pm
I suggest you defragment your computer, go through and purge unnecessary programs, and delete whatever large video or audio files you have crapping up your computer. With a few GB of extra space, it'll run fine.

NIKO
10 Oct 2007, 06:25pm
CHILL, im working on a edit_v2 of this map, it doesnt need new textures, its just there was a lot of gaps eating FPS and there was zero skybox so that fucked it up too, i will have it up soon

Shoelace
11 Oct 2007, 09:27am
CHILL, im working on a edit_v2 of this map, it doesnt need new textures, its just there was a lot of gaps eating FPS and there was zero skybox so that fucked it up too, i will have it up soon

Cool, and if I insulted anyone it's only because people call me stuff like "ignorant fools" and "lazy ass" just because I post a simple suggestion...