PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike Source: PRO TIPS

Cardman
19 Mar 2009, 07:56pm
Hello everyone! I am very new to this community and I would like to share something that I found over my years of playing. I guarantee that if you read this guide fully; YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING. To keep the post as short as possible I condensed it. I hope you all get something out of this. Enjoy.

-:General:-
Notes- This is not a document stating skill level of any player.
In no way does this document enforce Ego. Nor should it for whom reads it.
This information is for everyone who reads it, and is only opinion.
These opinions are calaborations of expierianced CS players. The expieriance
from those who wrote it, and read it, that is. This was not ganked off of a website.
If you are looking to better yourself in skill, read this in its entirety.
These are things that most all CS players KNOW, but do not act apon.
So by saying that, the writers of this document are stating that we do not
believe we are the Best all knowing CS players around. Only we decided to gather
all the knowledge that have gained while playing CS and compiling it.
We need endless amounts of work on each topic as well as any other player.

** always run to the RIGHT out of spawn so you do not collide with another player **

-Never find excuses for why things happen when you play. Dont blame Lag,
Blocking, Hacks, Luck, or anything. Only think about what you SHOULD have done
OR what you COULD have done to have fixed the situation. That way you will not
push aside the problem, but you will fix it.

-ALL ingame examples will be off the map De_Dust2 becuase it is the most well known map,
also the easiest to picture in a players mind.

-Never reload unless you know that NO enemy is nearby, if enemies are near, wait until Auto-reload.
Always take cover while reloading. For example of what NOT to do:

You just killed an enemy, but it took most of your clip and you are at Long A.
You are running to Bombsite A to defuse a planted Bomb.
You reload right after you killed someone and you run around the corner,
and on the corner sits someone with an MP5 spraying you to death While you reload.

That is why you never reload without Cover. Many situations simular to that happen very often.
-Always stand near cover that is not penetrable. Do not run out into the wide open, even if you THINK
you know where the enemy are. Having cover is also a good way to prevent being flashed fully.
Looking into a wall, or box reduces the level of blindness of a flash.
Always have cover with retreable space. Such as if you are guarding Cat.
You may use box or wall for cover, but if you use wall, you have no where to run incase of a large rush.
If you use the box, you can jump over in T spawn.

-When Pinned down by enemy fire... DO NOT JUMP OUT, OR JUMP THE GAP, IF the enemy closest to you
has an automatic weapon. This allows them to lay down constant fire as you must wait to touch the ground
before you can fire. It is best to do quick peeks and prefires, back and forth ducking between cover,
in the situation of an automatic firing at you. You Jump the gap, or Jump Out when there is sniper fire
in the closest danger. A mid Air target is amoung the hardest to hid besides an enemy straffing back and forth.
Although most gaps are not places of back and forth straffing, straffing is a good anti-sniping technique.
When jumping/straffing sniper fire, always have an intended destination and once arriving to that destination,
Stay there. DO NOT peek a sniper. snipers should wait for people to run into thier corsshairs. You want to
be the one waiting.

- Avoid Uneccessary Strife. Avoid Uneccessary Strife. Avoid Uneccessary Strife. Avoid Uneccessary Strife.
If you cant tell, this one is important. DONT shoot at someone unless you HAVE to. Letting someone come
into your crosshair is always better than moving your crosshair to them. Its economic motion.
This becomes challenging when you are a terrorist, BUT if you incorperate the above ideas, it is possible.
For example,
When rushing SHort A from terrorist standpoint. There may be an enemy at the top of stairs, and one next
to the wall.If you stick to your cover, which is the wall, you can gradually straf and peek the corner.
Never peek where you can see more than one enemy if you can help it. Ingaging with one enemy is safer than 2.
So by gradually peeking back and forth waiting to see One enemy as you rush, is avoiding uneccessary strife.

-:GRENADES:-
Grenades are a very important and essential part of suceeding in CS.
When choosing first round what to buy, grenades may provide a difficult decision.
Many players feel that if they buy Body armor, they will have a better chance of survival
because they can resist more shots. This may be false because a vest on its own only insures
that a player can sustain only a couple of shots to the chest more than average. And the shots MUST hit the chest.
If a player chooses grenades, they could potentionally Blind an opponent, or cause damage. This creates
a window of oppertunity for the player, as they can blind them and shoot a non seeing opponent, or
they will have less damage to inflict to recieve a kill.

-:Buying Armor:-
Relies on YOUR ENEMIE'S skill. They must be unskilled to the level
that they will NOT hit your head, and only hit your chest, and give you time to shoot them,
as they are shooting you.

-:Buying Grenades:-
Relies on YOUR skill. If you know how to play a nade well, you can
inflict damage, or cause an enemy to be blind for a period of time. This decreases amount of shooting,
and level of danger at the same time. And it is something that you can practice efficiently.

-:When To Throw Grenades:-
Grenades seem to cause as many deaths of the thrower, as it does the person
who is inflicted by the grenade. this is because many players do not think about when
to throw a grenade.

Bullets are always more efficient than a grenade becuase you can choose the exact location
of a bullet. So while in a fire fight, do not pull out a grenade. This gives your enemy
a timeframe to shoot at you with no opposition. If an enemy retreats for a moment for cover,
do NOT get a nade ready. do not get cover and pull a nade. Wait for a short period of time, and move to
a location that the enemy would not expect, if you want to throw a grenade. Grenades Should ALWAYS be unsuspected
to be effecient. Only throw grenades if you are trying to rush/move into a new area.
only nade if you know EXACTLY where an enemy is, and if you KNOW they will not push against you while you nade
is pulled.

- When Laying down a spray of fire, pull down the crosshair gradually as you fire. this will pull the
recoil closer to your target. It is also a good idea that after your first 3 rounds have been fired, you should croutch.
this also reduces recoil and gives your enemy a smaller target.

Spraying should be a last option. It should be the option of a man trapped with no other choice.
If you are in a firefight, and you MUST spray as a last chance, then you are in the wrong fight.
You did something wrong to be there. Even if it were a rush, you should have had cover to run to.

- When choosing a spot to wait for an enemy, always think as if you are your enemy. Stand in places
where your enemy would not be looking, or shooting at first. Always be in a spot where you can aim your
crosshair in the estimated spot that your enemy will show up.
* ALWAYS HAVE UR CROSSHAIR POINTED TO THE CLOSEST DANGER ZONE.

-:Weapon Tips:-

-:Glock:-
Do NOT use burst right off. When first engaging an enemy, it is best to use single shot because you can fire
more accurate shots. After deleivering a couple of accurate shots, then you can switch to burst to get the last couple
of damage shots to an enemy. This increases the chance of a bullet hitting as compared to the single shot.

-:Any silenced weapon:-
KEEP IN MIND SILENCERS MAKE A BULLIT MOVE SLOWER. THAT IS HOW THEY SILENCER THE FIRE. THAT MEANS A
WEAKER BULLET. THIS ALSO MEANS A HIGHER RECOIL. SILENCER SHOULD ONLY BE USED FOR STEALTH. MANY PLAYERS WILL AGREE THAT
WHEN SPRAYING SILENCERS ARE MORE EFFIECIENT. REMEMBER THAT IF YOU MUST SPRAY, THEN YOU ARE IN THE WRONG FIGHT.

-:AWP/Snipers:-
Always have cover. Waiting for the enemy to run into your crosshairs is the most efficeint way to Snipe.
If you are running from attach and want to fire a shot, slightly hit the key running in the opposite direction from which you
are running. This causes your player to stop suddenly. This will decrease the recoil of your sniper, invcreasing accuracy.
This skill is all used in a split second. It is an efficient skill when practiced.

-:COUNTER-TERRORIST:-
-NEVER use smoke grenades. As a counter-terrorist, you want to be able to see as much as you can at all times.
A reason why never to use smoke a counter-terrorist is because your targets and locations always change. Smoke grenades
would only be useful if your targets and locations where to stay stationary. As if for the terrorist. The Terrorist Plan
of action is always at the same location and same spots no matter what the sitiatuation. They must gaurd the same places
and always go to the same bomb sites. So smoke for them is effiecient. It is only a waste of money for a Counter- Terrorist.

** Correction. ONLY USE SMOKE WHEN YOU ARE A CT IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO DEFUSE BOMB AND YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO DEPLOY ONE**

Flashbangs and HE grenades are exetremely useful for a CT. Full flashes and HE's should always be bought as a CT. Flashes
delay rushes, or blinded the team in the bomb site, and HE's inflict physical damage to an enemy.
These grenades are vital to a CT's Success. Prenade often. ALWAYS HAVE NADES.

-When choosing a location for a counter-terrorist, you must think as your enemy.
Where would your enemy look for you when he turns the corner? Those locations are the places you DO NOT want to stand.
When deciding a location, you MUST have cover, and you MUST have a plan of rotation and retreat that does not lead
you past more enemies.

-:Calling/Rotating:-
Only call exactly what you see. Dont call "LONG" on its own. this could cause crucial damage to your team.
it can cause your team to rotate thinking most locations are safe, when half the Terrorist are waiting in mid
and they take out your guy in mid, and the two CTs gaurding B. ALWAYS call WHERE, HOW MANY, IF THERES A BOMB,
AND THEN IF THERE ARE ANY SPECIAL THREATS SUCH AS AWP, AUTOSNIPER, OR NADE SPAM. When rotating, only rotate through areas
that are clear. Many teams win T side easily because of the oppertunity to pick many of the rotating Counter Terrorist.

-:Defusing:-
Always try to defuse with cover. If you are guarding a defuse, stand close to them. To fake a defuse,
begin defusing, and then JUMP off the bomb and turn. This is the fastest way to get you unnconnected to a bomb.

- Avoid Uneccessary Strife. Avoid Uneccessary Strife. Avoid Uneccessary Strife. Avoid Uneccessary Strife.
If you cant tell, this one is important. DONT shoot at someone unless you HAVE to. Letting someone come
into your crosshair is always better than moving your crosshair to them. Its economic motion.

: ) buy kits ( :

-:TERRORIST:-
FOLLOW TEAMWORK. Even if the team's decison sounds retarded, it has a better chance of you doing what the team
expects, than if you go rogue.

- ALWAYS BUY NADES. Every nade is effiecient for a terrorist. Smoke blocks the paths of rotating CT's,
Flashes can cause blindness for the CT's Guarding the intended Site. and HE's inflict HP damage.
Grenades are an integral part of taking a bomb site. Start attacking your enemy before you start attacking in a sense.
Spare nades also serve as great destraction.

- When rushing, dont look for multiple enemies, Only Peek for one enemy at a time. Follow above rules for cover,
and avoiding strife.

- Think like your enemy again. Where would you be waiting? Check there first.

- plant in a visable area for All terrorist gaurding.

- IF you are gaurding and you hear an enemy, dont prenade. wait for him to come to you. dont give away your location.
ONLY PRENADE WHEN GAURDING WHEN THERE ARE MORE THAN 1 ENEMY.
IN THE END IF YOU FOLLOW THESE GUIDLINES, YOU WILL BE CLOSER TO BECOME A MORE EFFIECIENT AND BETTER cs PLAYER.
AFTER MASTERING THOSE TECHNIQUES, THE ONLY THING YOU NEED PRACTICE FOR IS AIMING. ALL OF THESE TECHNIQUES
COME BEFORE AIMING BECAUSE ONLY THROUGH THESE TECHNIQUES WOULD AIMING BEGIN TO MATTER.

Bethy
19 Mar 2009, 08:01pm
If I'm not any better, I blame you. :cheesy:

Paul
19 Mar 2009, 08:03pm
Add some pink here and there to make it look nicer on the eye. Id edit it but im going to beds!

Doctordan
19 Mar 2009, 08:07pm
format with color to point out main topics and spellcheck but other than that good shit

SneakySnake
19 Mar 2009, 08:51pm
Maybe sticky worth?

SpEeD
19 Mar 2009, 08:52pm
pretty good, except the reloading section was pretty bad, i find it better to reload after a kill, especially in pubs because people there suck at teamwork and dont stick together, and if you reload and theres a guy with an mp5(like in your situation) then you will shoot him with a low clip and not have enough to kill him and bam your dead in the end...

Red
19 Mar 2009, 09:37pm
Never reload unless you have cover or if you still have enough in your clip to kill 2-3 people

Ganzta
19 Mar 2009, 10:52pm
WALL OF TEXT and punctuations!!!!!!!!!!!!

*fixed

Resistance
19 Mar 2009, 11:20pm
LegacY's tip-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6tu__AtSJtM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6tu__AtSJtM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ClowN's tip-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QIMUiIlGr3g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QIMUiIlGr3g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mod

Slavic
20 Mar 2009, 01:59am
Slavic's Pro-Tip:

Shotgun to the face

Huwajux
20 Mar 2009, 02:33am
Wow, that's some good stuff. However, do as other people have mentioned and make certain key points in a different colour so it's not so much of a punch to the face in terms of someone being bothered to slog through it all.

Daze
20 Mar 2009, 03:31am
WALL OF TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wall of text's use no grammar or punctuation. Clearly there is here.

Nice thread Cardman :]

andre1028
20 Mar 2009, 06:39am
Sound.. IT WILL SAVE YOU
Angles.. USE THEM TO FLANK YOUR ENEMY
Radar.. YOUR ALTERNATE WALLHACKS
Pistols... IN EMERGENCIES YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TAKE THEM OUT
Camping... GOOD PLAYERS WILL CATCH ON TO YOUR SCHEMES AND KILL YOU, ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR POSITIONS
Secret Rule to Headshots... AIM BEFORE YOU SHOOT -Kaizen

Hacks.. >You should go to this link!!! (http://www.a1b2c3.com/suilodge/metfun1.htm)<

Paronic
20 Mar 2009, 07:02am
nice tips ta

Cardman
20 Mar 2009, 01:25pm
Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone! I hope it helped everyone as much as it has helped me. Thanks for taking the time to read it and if anyone wants to edit it to make it "pretty" I am sure you will have a better touch than me. I can only make cards look pretty. :bounce:

Paul
20 Mar 2009, 03:17pm
Read through it as I made it look a bit nicer.

Good Job.

MasterkennyG
20 Mar 2009, 03:32pm
thankyou for pointing out that cts should NOT use smoke grenaids.. i tired of cts using them and making it more difficult to defend the bomb sites

Loganator456
20 Mar 2009, 04:17pm
This is a pretty good tutorial, but it didn't help since I knew most of it already! ^_^

Anyways, newbs (<- LOL) should read this up, it's got some good advice.

anomo
13 Apr 2009, 07:06am
thanks for great tips and love the "hacks" --> Cool ways to kill yourself link posted by andre1028 :p

Red
13 Apr 2009, 09:55am
aim before you shoot each shot
and don't spray

that's it.

Svendy
13 Apr 2009, 01:33pm
aim before you shoot each shot
and don't spray

that's it.

also use your sound wisely, i will save you countless times

Loganator456
13 Apr 2009, 05:30pm
also use your sound wisely, i will save you countless timesBoth are extremely good advice.

XeNo
14 Apr 2009, 02:53pm
i will save you countless times
YOU WILL EH?

Red
14 Apr 2009, 02:59pm
YOU WILL EH?

He is lord, and so sayeth the red tampon.

XeNo
14 Apr 2009, 03:06pm
He is lord, and so sayeth the red tampon.
Go home.

Dante
14 Apr 2009, 05:59pm
I always use a p90 spray and pray rush. For most of the time i can spray and hit 3 ppl in the head if im lucky but i can usually pull it off :smile: