PDA

View Full Version : poor drawing of my escape map

HankTheTank
2 Oct 2007, 04:25pm
ok i drew these out like in five minutes last night :P and my webcam is kinda shitty so ill have to explain it anyway XD

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4439/picture9et0.jpg

ok, the squares on the outskirts are the spawn points... and the little circles in them are look out point sorta things... (legend aswell)

the shaded area is going to be the accual maze part, i didnt feel like drawing it out and it would look nothing like the accual finished product

In the center tehre are a bunch of squares. why you ask. it supposed to be a pyrmid but i really couldnt draw a better one at that time:P
:P

LEGEND:
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7523/picture10bo8.jpg
tahts the legend... the first thing is the switch to actavate the death water.
and it will be on the top of the pyrmid

the 2nd thing is the pyrimid in the center of the maze

the third thing is the lookout points again

OVER VIEW! :
its really a typical maze... a bunch of dead ends and shit... and it is going to look quite plain so people cant memorize the thing or what spawn point there in and nonsence like that....
the center is a large (quite large i might add) pyramid and at the top of taht is the switch to actavate the death water...

so yeah :D i hope i finish on time ><

contempt
2 Oct 2007, 04:39pm
A 3-year-old woulda done a better job drawing those blueprints! :P
Just kiddin'. I like the idea of a pyramid being smack-dab in the middle of a gigantic maze. The death water will fill the maze, killing everyone, including teammates, right?

contempt

Haggard
2 Oct 2007, 04:47pm
Well you have to make the map with timing in mind. Look at it this way, if it takes to long to get to the enterance of the maze the zombies will have already owned the humans, so make sure the you can reach the maze doors within 25-30 seconds. Then make it so that if one group of people who spawn get owned they cant just run around the maze and catch another large groups of humans.

Possible addon - If the humans get screwed and cant make it to the maze or get lost you should put a hold point for humans to hold them off and regroup, kinda like the box in spacestation.

Jaffa
2 Oct 2007, 05:08pm
looks like its going to be good stuff!

is the maze going to be on different levels, to give the humans still in there a chance to stil make it?

and got a name for the map yet? :D

HankTheTank
2 Oct 2007, 05:16pm
oh yeah sorry... me and truman made up this name :P gimmie your feed back

ZM_InSaNe_MaZe

and there are 4 entrences to the maze btw, starting at each spawn

there really isnt an "end" perse.. just the top of the pyrmid

and as for the box thing... taht gave me an idea... either epically good... or epically failure >.> XD

and btw there are roughly 12 levels to the pyrimid... and the death water is going to cover 9 or 10 levels,

and jaffa, i like the idea of 2 or 3 levels... but i dont have the know how XD ... but the maze aspect is going to be M-A-S-S-I-V-E! so they will have a chance :D

i really hope they dont travel in to large of a groupe... that would ruin the idea >>

oh and admins who are on this map... if you see anyone on top of the maze walls. please slap them off or do somthing with them... that part would annoy me
oh oh oh and i need some feedback on another part.
shuld i make the death water insta-death? (malong death water)
or make it high damage but not instant (like boat escape at the end part)

Jaffa
2 Oct 2007, 07:05pm
i think you should make all the maze walls glass :D

HankTheTank
2 Oct 2007, 07:10pm
thats a good idea :P but i alredy started it with a redicoulas amount of walls atm so TO LATE :p

James
3 Oct 2007, 03:30am
I never knew you made maps.. anyway, why not simply make invisible walls above the maze walls, so they cannot vault over?

P.S. What in fucks name are you doing with the sig Hank?

HankTheTank
3 Oct 2007, 03:33pm
:P i never new i made maps either :P

yeah this is my first one so :D

well your the only one with an "Accual" signature... so .... :p

Lure
3 Oct 2007, 04:42pm
:P i never new i made maps either :P

yeah this is my first one so :D

well your the only one with an "Accual" signature... so .... :p

My first map was horrible :>

contempt
3 Oct 2007, 05:22pm
Well, my signature is a joke (love the ambiguity). Despite Hank's poor drawings, I'm sure that, due to his assiduous efforts to put the idea into practice, it'll be off the hook :D.

contempt

HankTheTank
3 Oct 2007, 05:35pm
:D thanks everone for giving me encouragement:D

i plan on finishing it by holiday monday (for me at least...)

thanks giving FTW!

as soon as i ask somone or somone tells me how to put it into counterstrike ill take some screenies and stuff

and then send haggard the bsp or w/e

Jaffa
3 Oct 2007, 06:31pm
quick question, how do you get an open sky type map like on some surf maps? is it a texture i just need to search for, or is there an entity i need?

jeN
3 Oct 2007, 06:33pm
I remember Henda's maze map, and the majority of users hated the maze aspect of it. :[ So hopefully this turns out better and is possibly liked better..

HankTheTank
3 Oct 2007, 06:46pm
DAMN IT SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY MADE A MAZE MAP !!!!???!!! >.> fuck... i thought it was original<.<

and jaffa... ask falcon XD i am not sure XD
first map... sorry bro

Jaffa
3 Oct 2007, 07:05pm
lol no problem, i'm trying a crash course in map making, hopefully i can turn out something

HankTheTank
3 Oct 2007, 07:09pm
UPDATE:

i am now about 1/2 done :D:D:D

Riggs
3 Oct 2007, 07:10pm
DAMN IT SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY MADE A MAZE MAP !!!!???!!! >.> fuck... i thought it was original<.<

Several.

HankTheTank
3 Oct 2007, 07:28pm
>>
<<
asshole

what?

:P name some

and were they escape

Did they have death water

HMMM!

jeN
3 Oct 2007, 08:51pm

and jaffa... ask falcon XD i am not sure XD
first map... sorry bro

I still have Henda's maps and if you want, i'll send them to you. but yeah. They were made severalllll months ago. Most players didn't like them because they got lost. :[

HankTheTank
3 Oct 2007, 09:03pm
well im not an epic fail like henda :D now am i XD

James
4 Oct 2007, 04:07am
Jen: I still have Henda's maps and if you want, i'll send them to you. but yeah. They were made severalllll months ago. Most players didn't like them because they got lost. :[

Henda, making maps? HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE!

@ Hank nah, you aren't a big failure, you can't go down to Henda's level, no one can :P

HankTheTank
4 Oct 2007, 03:54pm
aaaahahahahahahahahahahah james :P

oh fun... and he doenst even seem to care to look at this thred adn we keep bashin him :p

serves him right XD

Jasper
8 Oct 2007, 05:16am
I was making a escape map using a maze, but i ended up scrapping the idea. I figured all the players would get lost, and after enough time, everyone would memorize the map and it'd get old fast.

Good luck with yours though, hopefully it will be entertaining.

Jaffa
18 Oct 2007, 09:21pm
lol at the ceiling of doom on your map! (assuming my computer ran it properly)

HankTheTank
19 Oct 2007, 08:25pm
haha yeah SD helped me so fuckin' much with it... to bad it crashed the server =|

but im making a new one for the new contest :D im scrapping it cuz it works for me and i dont know what the problem is =\ if i figure it out, ill try to revamp it :D:D

thanks for all the support buds :D

Jaffa
19 Oct 2007, 09:33pm
tbh i dwnld ur map and played it by myself, and advice i can give for its beta2 (which its deserves, because i think it definatly has great potential)

a) playtest and fix the textures
b) its reall really big, you might have to shrink it down a bit
c) the moving box with about 20 button textures on it should only be one (assuming i have the right thing)
d) make the blocks with ladders on them shorter, because they are too tall
e) have arrows or other clues towards correct paths

i think this is a rly good map, it just needs to be playtested a bit and have the issues worked out

definatly don't give up with this map!!!!!!!

HankTheTank
20 Oct 2007, 11:24am
tbh i dwnld ur map and played it by myself, and advice i can give for its beta2 (which its deserves, because i think it definatly has great potential)

a) playtest and fix the textures
b) its reall really big, you might have to shrink it down a bit
c) the moving box with about 20 button textures on it should only be one (assuming i have the right thing)
d) make the blocks with ladders on them shorter, because they are too tall
e) have arrows or other clues towards correct paths

i think this is a rly good map, it just needs to be playtested a bit and have the issues worked out

definatly don't give up with this map!!!!!!!

did play test it :P textures were fucked up so i thought maby it was just me XD hmm im not sure how to fix that... but i could give it one hell of a try :D

yeah the button was quite rushed so, i shal shrink it down,

yeah, i was conserned about the block things too, shrinking them down a lil bit would be a great idea

and i do like the clue idea, make it less challanging

RiotJavelin
2 Nov 2007, 10:35am
What program do you use to make the maps?

Jaffa
2 Nov 2007, 11:15am
you have to download the source sdk (should be under utilities in steam) and through that use the hammer map editor, u can find tutorials if u search around

HankTheTank
2 Nov 2007, 06:08pm
yeah....

steam --> lil tab called tools --> source sdk (not base) -->dl it and your on your way

me and sd when we were making ours used this guys' tuts, so fucking awesome :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0sWjQ5XaA
he has 11 + tuts... all of them quite help ful :)
(atix' is good too, its on fps banana but i have no link)

Jaffa
2 Nov 2007, 10:02pm
www.learntomap.tk is atix's site for helping mapping

also, for generally anyone, its worth checking out atix's proper site http://www.atix.tk/

simply because its really really cool

RiotJavelin
3 Nov 2007, 03:54pm
ok thanks imma mess around see what i get