PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Reviews

Frostbyte
17 Mar 2009, 02:02pm
Sorry for the late work Suri.

Anyway. I, being a diehard RE fan love this game. There are a bunch of mixed reviews out there, but they are all too critical BECAUSE its Resident Evil.

For those of you that don't know, Resident Evil is the granddaddy of what we now call the survival horror genre. The old-school Resident Evil had controls similar to a tank operator, but was nonetheless amazing for its time. Resident Evils 1-3 adopted this control scheme, and out of all of them, Resident Evil 1 & 2 are way better than 3.

Lets skip ahead a few years. Resident Evil 4 releases. The control scheme is like Splinter cell's over-the-shoulder aiming. This works wonders for the series. While adding to the gameplay, quicktime events also made you stay on your toes (pressing a button or combination of buttons in order to win the event). Resident Evil 4 was hailed by most major game reviewers as a godsend. Which it was.

Now, lets go to Resident Evil 5.

You play either Chris Redfield or Sheva Alomar. (You can only play as Sheva in online Co-op) But there is NO difference in story or gameplay between each character, because they are next to eachother all the time. (See Army of Two).This adds a new element to the RE formula. Its amazing. Not only are you worrying about yourself and your dwindling ammo supply, you are always listening to your parter (online, via XBL or PSN) to see if they are in a bad situation. You can give your partner ammo, guns and various healing products. You can trade guns so that you can hold off the stairway with a shotgun while your partnet holds off the windows with a handgun. Anyway, lets break it down.

Controls: Spot on, most game reviewers will deduct from the overall score because you ''plant'' in place when you shoot. Unlike games like Dead Space, where you can move and shoot, you cannot in RE5. By no means does this deduct from the overall game experience. DO NOT LET THIS BE THE DECIDING FACTOR IN BUYING THE GAME!

Graphics: Probably the best in console gaming. Animations are fluid and top notch.

CO-OP: If you dont have XBL or PSN you are missing out, because this game was meant to play with a buddy.

Replay value: Tons, there are various modes, costumes, and guns to unlock after the main game is finished.

Overall score: 10/10 Great game.

Gumpy
17 Mar 2009, 02:57pm
I was playing this at my friends house the other day, and I agree it's an amazing game. I like the way you have to plant your feet to shoot, if you didn't the game would be far too easy. What I don't like is the real-time inventory and the fact you have NO FUCKING SPACE FOR ANYTHING!!!

Creeping Death
17 Mar 2009, 04:42pm
10/10 great ending too but i dont think wesker's dead

Frostbyte
19 Mar 2009, 02:57pm
Bump: Im on level 6-1 out of 6-3.

Heres a little extra stuff I forgot to include.

There are hidden targets (they are blue) hidden in each level that unlock extra stuff.

You can find the same guns in-game that you can buy.
PS: There are some guns only unlocked by upgrading other guns. (Burst pistol, 3 barreled shotty, Hand Cannon, Minigun, and Longbow.)

After you beat the game, you unlock ''The Mercenaries" which is a game type in which you and a buddy team up in a time trial event to kill the most zombies in the given time. (There are time bonuses)
You also get more points by getting combos, kill streaks etc. By getting a high-score, you unlock more levels and characters to play with.

I have also heard loose talk of a versus mode, but don't quote me on it.

PS: If any of you guys would like to play with me on Xbox live, my gamertag is in my sig.

PotshotPolka
20 Mar 2009, 02:39pm
When will this be released for PC?

Frostbyte
20 Mar 2009, 05:01pm
Sometime in the near future.

PC modding for RE4 was actually pretty popular, I doubt this will be different. This game probably takes a nuclear reactor to run tho.

Leon
20 Mar 2009, 08:11pm
When will this be released for PC?

omg i hope they dont forget about us!:twitch:

i probably be switching my RE4 ps2 for the PC one soon

Dante
20 Mar 2009, 10:29pm
i agree i jsut played this for the first time at my friends house with the dwindleing ammo its a thriller and keeps you on your toes i love this game 10/10 :D

Frostbyte
21 Mar 2009, 08:50am
Extra stuff: Beat the game at like 1 in the morning.

The last chapter (spanning from 6-1 to 6-3) is epic. Im not gonna spoil anything.

You can also unlock unlimited ammo for specific guns by fully upgrading them and then selecting the option in bonus features or in the pre game menu.

There are also graphic filters you can unlock. By beating the game, I unlocked classic (black and white) and retro.

The costumes are pretty cool.
Chris: Safari Camo, looks more like pajamas imo. Then there is the OLD SCHOOL S.T.A.R.S costume.
Sheva: Clubbing costume, I dont know what the other one is yet XD.

Leon
21 Mar 2009, 08:54am
the sad thing about RE4 i still havent beat the mercanaries yet, beaten pro, or got the other weapon that stuns them. I hope RE5 will do me some good i have yet to even bother finishing RE2.

Dante
21 Mar 2009, 06:55pm
I just bought it woot! anyone wanna hit me up GT is cwood75 pm if you wanna play some RE5
^.^

StrykerSwat
21 Mar 2009, 08:14pm
i have this game its really atticting with arcade thing
mercentiser

anyone wanna play with me
add me on PSN
StrykerSwat16

| Exit Wound |
8 Apr 2009, 05:50pm
The splitscreeen is terrible :(

Sight
9 Apr 2009, 10:25pm
this game is a 9.5/10 gameplay, graphics, and others are all great, and with the inventory, that is the only flaw, but its to make the game harder i think, doesnt matter, if you just have 3 guns the whole time and their ammo, with some first aid, then you will survive. i beat the game and i had a mg, pistol, and shotgun, with the 2 vests and a first aid, sheva had all the 1st aid for both of us, and it worked pretty good, like i said before, this game gets a 9.5/10 with everything but the inventory flawless...

Frostbyte
10 Apr 2009, 09:13am
Bump, but a legit bump. Has anyone purchased versus mode?

Suri
14 Apr 2009, 01:34pm
I just picked up the game again, but this time I will play it. So I wont buy the extra stuff until I play the normal game.

I had a choice at gamestop over this game Fabel][ and the new wwe Wrestling game. I hope I made the right choice.

Frostbyte
14 Apr 2009, 02:54pm
I just picked up the game again, but this time I will play it. So I wont buy the extra stuff until I play the normal game.

I had a choice at gamestop over this game Fabel][ and the new wwe Wrestling game. I hope I made the right choice.

You did. Fable is basically, if I kill a guy, but smile while doing it, Im a good-bad guy.
Wrestling Games are crap anyway.

PuMa
8 May 2009, 12:29pm
what is all this about

Frostbyte
8 May 2009, 11:01pm
Read the review and you shall learn.

PuMa
21 May 2009, 01:27pm
I'm seriosly buy that game to PS3

come on every body move youre pixels:partydance: