PDA

View Full Version : STOP whining ! about trap spam

MasterkennyG
16 Mar 2009, 02:57pm
now I know I posted this in the server section but then realized that this should go in the rule discussion thread.

I am just going to say this for the last fucking time and I'm getting so annoyed that every player has to whine about a terrorist pressing a trap more than once and the CTs dying from it!

For all the players out there. THE DEFINITION OF BUTTON SPAMMING IS WHEN A TERRORIST RUNS AROUND THE MAP AND PRESSES EVERY SINGLE BUTTON ON THE MAP SO THAT THE TRAPS ARE WASTED AND THE CTS CAN EASALY WIN

Over time this definition of trap spamming has ben changed so whenever a T presses one single button more than once .. we have the whole other team whining about " heay thats trap spamming"! "Admin, can you please ban that spammer?. He pressed the trap more than once"

If you think I'm wrong then look at the rules of deathrun!

However, we can understand that it is annoying when a t just sits at one trap and presses it more than once , and if the caze is led to the extream it will be delt with but otherwize you are going to have to deal with it! I do not want to come of rude but It is the mappers decision on weather or not he or she is going to allow those buttons to be pressed again, because there are maps on deathrun were the buttons do not come back up and once the trap is pressed , the trap is dead , and the button will not come back,

so once again, there is NO rule against a terrorist pressing the trap buttons more than once so stop complaining about it!

Dracula
16 Mar 2009, 03:08pm
now I know I posted this in the server section but then realized that this should go in the rule discussion thread.

I am just going to say this for the last fucking time and I'm getting so annoyed that every player has to whine about a terrorist pressing a trap more than once and the CTs dying from it!

For all the players out there. THE DEFINITION OF BUTTON SPAMMING IS WHEN A TERRORIST RUNS AROUND THE MAP AND PRESSES EVERY SINGLE BUTTON ON THE MAP SO THAT THE TRAPS ARE WASTED AND THE CTS CAN EASALY WIN

Over time this definition of trap spamming has ben changed so whenever a T presses one single button more than once .. we have the whole other team whining about " heay thats trap spamming"! "Admin, can you please ban that spammer?. He pressed the trap more than once"

If you think I'm wrong then look at the rules of deathrun!

However, we can understand that it is annoying when a t just sits at one trap and presses it more than once , but you are going to have to DEAL WITH IT! It is the mappers decision on weather or not he or she is going to allow those buttons to be pressed again, because there are maps on deathrun were the buttons do not come back up and once the trap is pressed , the trap is dead , and the button will not come back,

so once again, there is NO rule against a terrorist pressing the trap buttons more than once so stop complaining about it, you are driving me crazy!!

+rep Just because i press a button twice dosent mean its spam in any definition.

CandleJack
16 Mar 2009, 03:56pm
+rep thank you i never knew this i always thought it was pressing it more than once, now i cant tell al those whiners what trap spam really is

XeNo
16 Mar 2009, 03:59pm
Button spamming to gain easy advantage is considered map exploiting, if you ask me.

We have more than one map on Deathrun where a trap that you have to sacrafice on (Where it's impossible to go past unless someone dies on it or the T doesn't push the button) is spammable.

Trap spamming should be based upon Admin decision, if the Admin thinks there's no way anyone can pass it cause they can use it one after another, then that trap shouldn't be allowed to be spammed. It's how I've always dealt with this problem.

Some maps I allow it, others I don't if it's causing CT's to lose every time on the same trap.

Red
16 Mar 2009, 04:01pm
No, we need to set a rule on this, no admins making up rules as they see fit, then it just becomes a gigantic cluster fuck.

There's never been a rule against pressing the same button more than once.

XeNo
16 Mar 2009, 04:03pm
No, we need to set a rule on this, no admins making up rules as they see fit, then it just becomes a gigantic cluster fuck.
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=115300

This is an issue that varies from map to map, SpikedRocker gave a ruling on it when he was AO.

If we allow it, then there's some maps we need to get rid of that have button spamming capabilities to make CT's lose every round.

MasterkennyG
16 Mar 2009, 04:06pm
Button spamming to gain easy advantage is considered map exploiting, if you ask me.

We have more than one map on Deathrun where a trap that you have to sacrafice on (Where it's impossible to go past unless someone dies on it or the T doesn't push the button) is spammable.

Trap spamming should be based upon Admin decision, if the Admin thinks there's no way anyone can pass it cause they can use it one after another, then that trap shouldn't be allowed to be spammed. It's how I've always dealt with this problem.

Some maps I allow it, others I don't if it's causing CT's to lose every time on the same trap.

QFT, although i do not think it should be up to the certan admin to deal with this issue,because of the issues it will cause but i cant tell you how many times had to say that it is alloud, and office deathrun is a perfect example, even though the traps can be pressed more than once, the traps themselves suck so is is a good thing the chare can be pressed twice, because in my opinion , that is the only go dtrap in the map, and i alwase get yelled at for not banning one little player for pressing the button more than once. , my main point is that this is not spamming , and is not bannable for it,. maybe a kick if it goes on for like 4 min but usually when a person gets past the trap the t will move on to the next trap

Red
16 Mar 2009, 04:08pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=115300

This is an issue that varies from map to map, SpikedRocker gave a ruling on it when he was AO.

If we allow it, then there's some maps we need to get rid of that have button spamming capabilities to make CT's lose every round.

Then what's the point of this thread?

MasterkennyG
16 Mar 2009, 04:11pm
I cant think of one deathrun map that would be considerd impossible if the terorist pressed the button like 50 times. because in all of the maps there is a like 20 sec delay between button presses witch gives the cts time to get past the trap, and then it doesnot matter if the button is pressed more than once

Jaffa
16 Mar 2009, 04:47pm
What about the barrel trap on dr_tesco? after its pressed, the cts run up the slope and try to get passed the next trap. becaus eof the spacing, if the barrel trap is pressed before cts can clear the next trap, it usually kills all but 1-2 out of 15+

GrayFox
16 Mar 2009, 06:32pm
I agree with Kenny. The person who made the map knew what they were doing, they want the buttons to be reusable. As long as you don't fool around and miss the open window after a trap has been used, there should be no problem.

XeNo
16 Mar 2009, 07:01pm
Not always. I remember we had a map that was like, purple and in the air that had teleporters you had to go through to the next stages.

It had a long rectangle trap that kills instantly and is too wide to jump over, it was reusable 1.5 seconds after it was gone, and you couldn't see when it finishes cause there was no color change or anything.

I spammed it kill CT team 3 times in a row and everyone complained and RTV'd.

MasterkennyG
16 Mar 2009, 07:19pm
Not always. I remember we had a map that was like, purple and in the air that had teleporters you had to go through to the next stages.

It had a long rectangle trap that kills instantly and is too wide to jump over, it was reusable 1.5 seconds after it was gone, and you couldn't see when it finishes cause there was no color change or anything.

I spammed it kill CT team 3 times in a row and everyone complained and RTV'd.

yes, but should that mean that we should ban terorists for pressing ANY trap more than once now because of those very few minor cases witch you said xeno, the cts will rtv it off, and therefor i would call that a map problem, and not a player problem.. if worse comes to worse we can ask whoever AO who is incharge of deathrun to see if they can get some mappers to edit the map so the traps can not be pushed on these few rare occasionsinal traps in deathrun

Mikey
17 Mar 2009, 05:11am
ehh, there are traps out there that reset quickly as xeno said. So there for am just gonna agree with spiked rockers old rule, if their being a douche about it just take care of em'.

Suri
17 Mar 2009, 06:30am
The buttons have a time on it before you can use it again. I don't see why you could not press it again. It was meant to be pressed again if it comes back.

I don't believe we should ever be banning any one for playing the map like it was created. Now i know there are some maps that make it very hard to play due to the buttons being pressed more than once. So if some one is being a tool about it just move them to the other team. Slay them. But don't think we need to ban.

ReneGade
17 Mar 2009, 08:02am
I never did understand why there was a rule against pressing the buttons multiple times when the map was made this way. Thanks for the judgment based decision you higher ups.

Huwajux
17 Mar 2009, 09:56am
I don't believe we should ever be banning any one for playing the map like it was created. Now i know there are some maps that make it very hard to play due to the buttons being pressed more than once. So if some one is being a tool about it just move them to the other team. Slay them. But don't think we need to ban.
Would this be the case for the chair on "deathrun_office"? There is a lot of debate for this particular trap as to whether it should be spammed or not. The delay isn't immediate, but because the chair is random it can either cover a lot of ground and kill almost the entire CT team, or it can barely move from where it started and kill nobody at all.

Paladin
17 Mar 2009, 12:02pm
Considering the chair is a puzzle on it's own, then I say go for the spam. There's a reason people play Office, it's because of that chair believe it or not. The random factor in it makes it entertaining because you don't know what it'll do.

Also the only people I'll actually kick for "trap spamming," are certain idiots. Ex. a few days ago this guy was taking a T spot and was standing at the first trap on a map hitting it over and over simply because he wanted afks and because of that the CTs were winning every round since other two Ts were struggling on a wider area with Sergeant Retard humping the first button even when noone was there. Well, I moved him to CT, he went back and made the Ts lose again and again, kicked him, he did it again, and eventually I just banned him for an hour.

MasterkennyG
17 Mar 2009, 12:28pm
Considering the chair is a puzzle on it's own, then I say go for the spam. There's a reason people play Office, it's because of that chair believe it or not. The random factor in it makes it entertaining because you don't know what it'll do.

Also the only people I'll actually kick for "trap spamming," are certain idiots. Ex. a few days ago this guy was taking a T spot and was standing at the first trap on a map hitting it over and over simply because he wanted afks and because of that the CTs were winning every round since other two Ts were struggling on a wider area with Sergeant Retard humping the first button even when noone was there. Well, I moved him to CT, he went back and made the Ts lose again and again, kicked him, he did it again, and eventually I just banned him for an hour.

I agree, the chare in my opinion makes the map more fun when nobod, not even the terorists know where the chair s going to go and Th is is a great factor where pressing a trap more than once really works with the game play of the map, "i like to call it the death chare" lol

XeNo
17 Mar 2009, 01:19pm
Kenny, you're making this thread more and more retarded.

The Admins are saying opposite of what you're saying and you're still agreeing with them.

The higher ups all have said that if someones being a tool about trap spamming, take care of them, otherwise allow it.

Trap spamming can either be a huge problem in the right hands of a T (I can usually kill 95% of all CT's if I trap spam on certain maps), or no problem at all (If you're good at CT).

While Red has stated no Admin should be talking a rule into their own hands, we have the ability to judge how we enforce a rule. Such as micspamming, some Admins will allow people to just chat their mouths off for 30 mins straight nonstop. I, however, prefer silence every now and then from them. Some Admins will allow players to call them faggots, noob admin, retard, gay, and so on while others will ban at the third comment.

So we should be able to judge when Trap spamming is ruining then fun for the other team, and when it is a problem, we should do something about it. Whether it be swap them to the other team, ask if they want a new map vote, or ask higher ups to remove the map altogether because it's trap spammable to all hell.

Suri
17 Mar 2009, 01:55pm
So we should be able to judge when Trap spamming is ruining then fun for the other team, and when it is a problem, we should do something about it. Whether it be swap them to the other team, ask if they want a new map vote, or ask higher ups to remove the map altogether because it's trap spammable to all hell.

Yes these are great examples of what to do and not go to a ban.

MasterkennyG
17 Mar 2009, 02:35pm
Kenny, you're making this thread more and more retarded.

The Admins are saying opposite of what you're saying and you're still agreeing with them.

The higher ups all have said that if someones being a tool about trap spamming, take care of them, otherwise allow it.

Trap spamming can either be a huge problem in the right hands of a T (I can usually kill 95% of all CT's if I trap spam on certain maps), or no problem at all (If you're good at CT).

While Red has stated no Admin should be talking a rule into their own hands, we have the ability to judge how we enforce a rule. Such as micspamming, some Admins will allow people to just chat their mouths off for 30 mins straight nonstop. I, however, prefer silence every now and then from them. Some Admins will allow players to call them faggots, noob admin, retard, gay, and so on while others will ban at the third comment.

I dont think this thread is retarded, in my opinion that statement was not needed, if you think my thread is retarded than , thats your opinion, but i dont think this thread is retarded

XeNo
17 Mar 2009, 04:04pm
Well the thread has already been answered and figured out.

There's no use continuing it.

MasterkennyG
17 Mar 2009, 04:15pm
i disagree, i think this is a good discussion, and I think although i nerver realy had a question , its good to show the leaders that there is an issue about this , and what we can try to come up with to deal with this issue, If its over then this thread will most lickle die, but , i see no flamming posts here, and i dont really see any reason to lock this , because there really hasnot ben any flam wars, and i do not expect any to come

Demented
17 Mar 2009, 05:19pm
Sorry for posting again, but Thank you jesus someone made this. Many People @ Admin : There is a button spammer.

N4t3r
21 Mar 2009, 05:04pm
This should really be put on the homepage of the deathrun server!

Than i will be able to stop haveing to tell peope what spamming is!!

Kay
21 Apr 2009, 11:16pm
As far as I know, there's no rule against it. I might not be the best person though, as I usually play Mutiny and Funtastic

trakaill
22 Apr 2009, 12:04am
someone /facepalm this quick!

Spartan
22 Apr 2009, 05:55am
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/andy_g_01/facepalm2ic7copyrl2.jpg

Simon [I R JAWZ]
22 Apr 2009, 08:29am
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q91/andy_g_01/facepalm2ic7copyrl2.jpg

very much indeed

mr_cap
28 Apr 2009, 12:53pm
thank you. i always get called out on trap spamming and they always give me crap for itt but now that this issue has been called out, i feel much more better cuz its straight now