PDA

View Full Version : I wounder on 2 things. (rank, zombie hell 3,0)

Thomas(norway)
10 Mar 2009, 10:45am
1.can we have back rank to the zombie escape server's?
2.Can we have back the server Zombie Hell 3,0 that server was awsome!

ps: sorry for my bad english:embarrest:

MasterkennyG
10 Mar 2009, 12:38pm
i want it back too, but haggard said there is "no way in hell "that we are ever going to bring it back

PotshotPolka
10 Mar 2009, 12:48pm
It was a resource hog.

Thomas(norway)
10 Mar 2009, 05:03pm
Haggard why do u dont want to have the popular Zombie Hell 3,0 back!?!?:confused1:
It was a really great server and i and OTHERS enjoyed to play on it. If your escuse is that it wasent popular enof. Then why do u have the jump server up? It almost alway have 0 players, replace it whit Zombie Hell 3,0:bigsmile:

take it back and i will: :hail:

plz answer...

srry for BAD english :sad2:

Daze
10 Mar 2009, 05:07pm
It was a resource hog.

Possibly, yet it's on FBG & Surf so that cancells out that arguement.

Thomas,

I tried to get them to add this back to Escape, I can tell that Escape1 server is losing popularity because of it (check server charts for proof). The only response I got was that it would make people want to become a zombie (what's wrong with that because at the moment people would rather die than be a zombie..).

As for Zombie Hell, I thought it was fun and maybe some time in the future it will be back.

Tcp-Kill
11 Mar 2009, 01:17am
Maybe, i don't think it was that much of a resource hog, i can't remember, but the script was massive.

Chobber
11 Mar 2009, 01:34am
I loved ZH..

tank40175
11 Mar 2009, 05:50am
Zombie Hell FTW!

Daze
11 Mar 2009, 06:07am
I think it got blamed for the extreme lag issues? Which was something to do with admin skins?

CandleJack
11 Mar 2009, 06:09am
i heard it lagged the servers to daze some ppl were talking bout it on vent

Daze
11 Mar 2009, 06:24am
i heard it lagged the servers to daze some ppl were talking bout it on vent

Yeah but just because people talked about it and thought it was that doesn't mean it's true. FBG has been running it since day one with no lag, ranks have been on the servers for a long time without any issues. I think it was just a scapegoat for something else.

Point is,

You've seen how surf just got a turbo boost because of ranks, do you want it to do the same to Escape?

Jaffa
11 Mar 2009, 07:33am
Possibly, yet it's on FBG & Surf so that cancells out that arguement.

Thomas,

I tried to get them to add this back to Escape, I can tell that Escape1 server is losing popularity because of it (check server charts for proof). The only response I got was that it would make people want to become a zombie (what's wrong with that because at the moment people would rather die than be a zombie..).

As for Zombie Hell, I thought it was fun and maybe some time in the future it will be back.

I don't know what 'proof' you were looking at (unless you were referring the the past 24 hours chart) but i just checked the server stats on gametracker and popularity is as high as normal.

Bethy
11 Mar 2009, 07:47am
The thing with zombie hell is, everyone says they love it but that server was pretty much empty all the time. And for ranks, play for fun. Yeah ranks are cool, but it's a lot funner when your not playing for a rank. But like daZe said, it was taken off because people would purposely turn into a zombie to get their ranks up.

SpikedRocker
11 Mar 2009, 07:47am
The Zombie Hell server itself was very laggy. The lag was due to the bots. They sucked memory and never returned it when they died before respawning. Its a problem with Valve's engine and probably will not be fixed since the engine that CS:S is running is "ancient". As far as ranks, we used to have ranks tied to hlstats, but we have since cancelled our membership with them and I think the general concensus with having mani keep stats is that it won't be very good. If FBG allowed stats on Zombie and Surf mods I'm sure we'd allow that but for the time being they do not allow that to happen.

Huwajux
11 Mar 2009, 12:23pm
Having ranks on the escape servers is inevitably going to lead to a bunch of rankwhoring. Escape involves hardly any skill and is just great for a good laugh. Ranks would also promote the idea of having almost the entire CT going on a zombie hunt which would result in 30 second rounds.

Zombie Hell was amazing and I hope there is a way it can be restored, unfortunately it doesn't look like it though...

Daze
11 Mar 2009, 01:23pm
I don't know what 'proof' you were looking at (unless you were referring the the past 24 hours chart) but i just checked the server stats on gametracker and popularity is as high as normal.

You obviously don't remember back in the day when the server never use to be empty at night? Now it regularly drops to 0. The proof I was talking about is long gone since the ranks were removed a good 3 months ago but if you checked it when ranks were removed you would have seen the dip in players and popularity.

Ranks would also promote the idea of having almost the entire CT going on a zombie hunt which would result in 30 second rounds.

Yet it's the exact opposite when it comes to someone who doesn't want to be a zombie they would prefer to act AFK. In fact I've seen more 30 second rounds these days then 6 months ago, it's a real shame whichever way you look at it.

Neo
11 Mar 2009, 02:21pm
Zombie hell = fun :D

Thomas(norway)
11 Mar 2009, 04:14pm
i remember the first time they removed the rank i had over 4000 kills and a kd like 2,80. That was a SAD day for me, hehe.
And by the way u need alot of skill to be GOOD on zombie escape..

trakaill
11 Mar 2009, 08:21pm
Rank on Escape is retarded...there is no point what so ever except interfering with game play and chasing zombies around...especially now that they are low HP...
Hell no!!!!

Zombie hell was fun but hagg said "NO!"

Thomas(norway)
12 Mar 2009, 08:33am
It looks like a lot off pp here think zombie hell was fun so i think we should take it back:happy:

Paul
12 Mar 2009, 08:41am
i remember the first time they removed the rank i had over 4000 kills and a kd like 2,80. That was a SAD day for me, hehe.
And by the way u need alot of skill to be GOOD on zombie escape..

Yeah im sure you have bags of it, I remember you typing retry in console to avoid dieing a few times. Skill? Dont think so.

Huwajux
12 Mar 2009, 10:08am
Yeah im sure you have bags of it, I remember you typing retry in console to avoid dieing a few times. Skill? Dont think so.
lolpwnt

It's a shame Zombie Hell can't make a return, it used to be such great fun. Does anyone know of any other Zombie Hell servers?

Wait, let me rephrase that, does anyone know of any other good Zombie Hell servers?

Jaffa
12 Mar 2009, 10:10am
NOTD used to have a great zombie hell server, but i think they folded as a community a while back

MoreThanAPumpkinEater
12 Mar 2009, 04:32pm
I like the classic ZH, not the one with the levels

Thomas(norway)
12 Mar 2009, 05:04pm

yea i remember i did it one time, but i dident do it realy much. I did it when i was the last zombie, and the round was very boring. :rlol:
I think it was just fun for the other humans and the round will turn out more exciting...
But maybe boring for pp wwho had go back to spawn to kill me.
I got banned for a week for reconnecting so i learned my lection:twitch: