PDA

View Full Version : Selling CD Keys...

Modgers1
5 Mar 2009, 06:29pm
Hey guys, not sure how many of you are aware of this, but I am pretty sure that you CANNOT legally sell a CD key for a game. A typical EULA (End-User-Licensing-Agreement) will prohibit this kind of activity. Unless you are a certified reseller, and can provide credentials to this, then please do NOT post sale ads for CD-keys on the forums.

You can sell the game, and then accidentally ship them the CD key with it, but that's all that will be done here.

-Modgers

XeNo
6 Mar 2009, 06:40pm
Lol, 'accidentally ship'.

sneezing panda
6 Mar 2009, 08:10pm
yay "accidental" shipping

Toxin
6 Mar 2009, 08:15pm
So just in case we are getting in trouble with law enforcement, we have to say "accidental?"

"OHAHAHa, I accidently put my gun up his butt and accidently pulled the trigger and accidently threw his body in the lake and accidently ran away from the police"

rofl.

Caution
6 Mar 2009, 09:23pm
OHAHAHa, I accidently put my gun up his butt and accidently pulled the trigger and accidently threw his body in the lake and accidently ran away from the police

He's got it down.

Mammal
7 Mar 2009, 03:59am
So just in case we are getting in trouble with law enforcement, we have to say "accidental?"

"OHAHAHa, I accidently put my gun up his butt and accidently pulled the trigger and accidently threw his body in the lake and accidently ran away from the police"

rofl.

He learns fast ;)

Mikey
8 Mar 2009, 12:08pm
Technically as a mmo-account buyer/seller I can tell you that you CAN sell a piece of paper that just happen to have certain information on it.

Cheers To the Loop Holes!

Lux
8 Mar 2009, 04:04pm
Technically as a mmo-account buyer/seller I can tell you that you CAN sell a piece of paper that just happen to have certain information on it.

Cheers To the Loop Holes!

The people on ebay who sell Jokes which come with free runescape accounts comes to mind :ohwell:

Tcp-Kill
10 Mar 2009, 12:04pm
The people on ebay who sell Jokes which come with free runescape accounts comes to mind :ohwell:

LOL YE

DoubleSb
10 Mar 2009, 01:07pm

Only you would know :D

Mammal
10 Mar 2009, 01:46pm
Only you would know :D

+rep xD

Lux
12 Mar 2009, 12:39pm
I actually did

Metal
12 Mar 2009, 08:46pm
you "Cant" sell it for money, but you can trade game for key or key for key

Modgers1
13 Mar 2009, 02:59pm
you "Cant" sell it for money, but you can trade game for key or key for key

No. There will not be any exchanging of CD's keys here, period.

-Modgers

Strike
8 Apr 2009, 02:35pm
How about we just put cd key on a piece of paper and put above it "NOT A CD KEY!!"

Srsly i dont get it, just put like a password on the cd which is the cd key!

Toxin
8 Apr 2009, 06:51pm
How about we sell a used tissue and give the CD Key as a gift to the buyer?

DoubleSb
8 Apr 2009, 07:40pm
How about we sell a used tissue and give the CD Key as a gift to the buyer?

Or the Tissue has "Markings" On it.

Killer
9 Apr 2009, 10:41am
How about you put the CD key number on it then if the law asks what this is you say its your telephone number =D

Btw they sell WOW cd keys and prepaid cards they dont get in trouble as far i know

DoubleSb
9 Apr 2009, 11:21am
You know you shouldn't use the term CD Key, and thats one long ass number.

sneezing panda
10 May 2009, 08:37am
its mah shipping id for mah xbox....

Undeadkitty
26 Feb 2010, 06:36pm
funny story DMCA digital millium copyright act look it up supposedly everything is illegal

b0red
26 Feb 2010, 06:37pm
But we can still sell spiders right?

Crimson
26 Feb 2010, 07:54pm
But we can still sell spiders right?

No, fuck your spiders.

b0red
26 Feb 2010, 07:56pm
No, fuck your spiders.

This is not over. Not by a long shot.

Crimson
7 Mar 2010, 12:03am
This is not over. Not by a long shot.

Hmm, it's over by a nice shot. :lol:

Shadowex3
9 Mar 2010, 02:16pm
Rabbinically a Jew is forbidden to travel on the sabbath. However if one wears their seatbelt the entire time they are on a flight they are not travelling but merely wearing an airplane which happens to be moving at the time.