PDA

View Full Version : [Team Fortress 2] Review

Resistance
2 Mar 2009, 06:51pm
[Team Fortress 2] Review

Hello mod here again with a [Team Fortress 2] Review. I was looking around in the game reviews, and was surprised that no one hasn't posted a review about this game yet. So I might as well create one, since I have'nt made one for months.

So lets get this started!

Team Fortress 2 is a team-based first-person shooter multiplayer video game developed by Valve corporation. Team Fortress 2 is a sequel to Valve's previous Team Fortress Classic.

Released for all gaming platforms. Such as the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Releasing updates every 4-5 months on certain characters.

The following are the updates for spacific characters-

1. [Medic]
2. [Pyro]
3. [Heavy]
4. [Scout] (Which is the current update)

Team Fortress 2 is all about cooperations. You're not able to go in guns blazing like Rambo. Instead if you do that, you'll be shot up, blown up, bludgeoned, and burned.

The game is practically making you have to work with your team-mates to achieve your objective. PerSay, if there is a Level 3 sentry, Level 3 Dispenser, and a engineer standing gaurd. You would die if you went alone, but if you had a friend like a medic, all he would have to do is Ubercharge you, while you go in as a Demo-man (Soldiers and Demo-mens are recommeneded to take down Lvl 3 buildings especially if the engineer is right there!)

When you go in you practically just have to use your weapon to blow shit up! But becareful now, even though you are in uber mode. You are still vulnerable to kick-back effects from bombs, rockets, and bullets.

The modes for Team Fortress 2 are-

1. [Capture the Flag]
2. [Control Point]
3. [Pay-load]
4. [Arena]

[CTF]-

The capture the flag mode or CTF requires you and your team-mates to infiltrate the RED base and capture their intelligence. While at the same-time you must defend yours from being captured.

[CP]-

Control Point requires you and your team-mates to capture control points to win the map. In some maps a team is given all of the control points. Into which the opposing team is to capture all of them. Leaving the other team to defend until the time has ran out. Guaranteed you will get bonus time when you have captured a CP. So opposing team! Make sure you have team-work!!!

[Pay-Load]-

Pay-load is a mode where a team must get a bomb, which is on a cart, to the opposing teams door step. The map "Gold Rush" is a perfect example. The campaign of "Gold Rush" is seperated in 3 parts. In the final map you must get the bomb onto the final check-point. Once the bomb has been dropped in. Set back and watch the carnage, because it's on hell-of-a-boom.

[Arena]

Arena is a new mode for Team Fortress 2. Pitting Red Vs Blu, in a team-deathmatch. This is like CS:S, where once you die, you die. You will respawn once the round is over. The round can be ended if you are to kill the opposing team or complete the mission.

Whew, now that was the game-modes. Now for a feature of the classes.

[Classes of Team Fortress 2]

[Pyro]-

The Pyro has the unique ability to set enemies on fire at close range with his Flamethrower, inflicting damage over time through burning. With only a secondary Shotgun to supplement his short range, he must rely on Ambush tactics to catch opponents off-guard.

[Scout]-

The Scout is the "twitch" class of Team Fortress 2. He is the fastest of all the classes and has the ability to double-jump. This, coupled with his Scattergun, makes for quick point capture and assault, and can also inflict massive damage if fired at close range.

[Soldier]-

The bread and butter general assault unit, the Soldier is one of the most common and simple-to-understand classes, but that doesn't make it one of the weakest. In fact, when played right, the soldier can be one of the most dangerous classes in the field. Equipped with a rocket launcher as their primary draw and a large health pool without being terribly slow, the soldier is a great class for many offensive and defensive roles and easy to pick up and play. But with the slow stray of the rockets and the fact that he's got only four at a time makes the soldier difficult to master. Anticipating the enemy's movements and knowing when to shoot is important.

[Demoman]-

The Demoman is one of the more complex classes available. With no weapons (outside of his melee weapon, the Scrumpy bottle) suitable for close-quarters combat, the Demoman excels at indirect combat. Armed with a Grenade launcher and Sticky bombs, the Demoman is capable of taking out enemies using clever tricks with the game's physics engine.

[Heavy]-

As the class name implies, Heavies are the heaviest class in Team Fortress 2, boasting the highest health max, the biggest gun, and the slowest footspeed. Their firepower is very impressive, able to quickly mow down just about anything but an opponent Heavy in seconds, and able to take on large numbers of enemies at once up to a reasonably long range and wide cone of fire. However, revving up and shooting the Minigun brings their already-unimpressive speed to a snail's pace, making them an open (and large) target for any enemy outside their range of fire - especially enemy Snipers.

[Engineer]-

Choosing to (usually) build and maintain helpful buildings for the team rather than engage in direct combat, the Engineer is a defensive class that can do many helpful things to give their team much more of a fighting chance. They are perhaps most known for their Sentry guns, automated turrets that can be upgraded via wrench whacks as the Engineer gathers Metal from downed units' dropped weapons, ammo crates and even their own Dispensers (portable machines that replenish the health and ammo of nearby troops). They can also build Teleporters to quickly transport team-mates between two points on the map.

[Medic]-

The Medic is the primary healing class in Team Fortress 2. They are typically found near the front-lines, healing wounded team-mates while trying to stay out of trouble. The Medic carries mediocre weaponry (if mastered, he can fight as well as other classes), as his main focus is to heal other players using the Medigun. While the Medigun is focused on an ally, that ally gets an additional bonus of up to 150% of his maximum health.

If the medic stops healing, that bonus health will slowly degenerate back to the maximum health for that class. This bonus is called overheal or buffing. While healing, the Medic's ÜberCharge bar will fill up to full, at which point he may make himself and an ally invulnerable or give his patient 100% crits for up to 8 seconds. The Medic was the first class to recieve an official achievements pack. For completing 10, 16, and 22 achievements, the medic receives one new weapon: the Blutsauger, the Kritzkrieg, and Übersaw, respectively.

[Sniper]-

The Sniper is the class for players who love to hang back and pick people off from a distance. Perfect for hiding in hard-to-see areas, the Sniper can pick off slow moving classes like the Heavy with ease. The Sniper is also ideal for eliminating an enemy Medic healing a Heavy or Soldier, giving your team a chance to advance.

The Sniper Rifle charges in strength the longer the Sniper remains zoomed in. The Sniper Rifle's laser sight will expand until fully charged. The Sniper has very little close-combat defense, sporting only a Submachine gun which isn't immensely powerful, and a Kukri.

[Spy]-

The Spy is the stealth class in Team Fortress 2, using his Cloak and Disguises to blend in and sneak behind enemy lines. A Spy can get behind his foes and silence them in one smooth swipe with the Knife. This used to not be instantaneous, but the Scout Update on 24/02/09 increased the stab speed a lot making a Backstab almost instant.

The Spy cannot use weaponry at all while Cloaked, and will lose any active Disguise if a weapon is used except for the Electro Sapper. In addition to being able to eliminate enemies quickly, the Spy is a great anti-Engineer measure. The Spy can place an Electro Sapper on an Engineer's building, disabling it and slowly draining its Health until it is destroyed. However, the Electro Sapper is easily removed by an Engineer with two swings from his Wrench. A common strategy is to Sap a structure and then immediately Backstab the Engineer. Remember, if you can see the Disguise on a Spy, then he is friendly.

Well that should conclude my review. If you haven't gotten Team Fortress 2 yet. Then you should go get it right now. It's never to late to jump into the chaotic battles of TF2.

If anyone asks, my rating is a fucking 10/10. The game-play is just awesome. Even though the graphics are cartoony. Who gives a fuck? You need to pay-attention to my bat, because I am fucking swinging it in your face boy!

Best Regards,

Mod

Lux
2 Mar 2009, 06:55pm
A good guide for those who are new to TF2, not sure there are too many of them though :clap:

Toxin
2 Mar 2009, 07:25pm
I bet half of this is copied/pasted :o

Good Tutorial anyway.

LegalSmash
2 Mar 2009, 07:47pm
total waste of time. Sorry.

James
3 Mar 2009, 07:42am
total waste of time. Sorry.

Can you not at least be respective as to that he has taken the time and effort to write up a small review about team fortress 2? Sure, you may disagree about some of the points that he made, but there's no need to be a dick about it.

How about you respect people's threads as much as you expect people to respect yours.

Anyway very nice overview of the game overseer, I am sure it gives players an idea as to how the game functions and some details about the game modes you can play

Lux
3 Mar 2009, 06:13pm
Can you not at least be respective as to that he has taken the time and effort to write up a small review about team fortress 2? Sure, you may disagree about some of the points that he made, but there's no need to be a dick about it.

How about you respect people's threads as much as you expect people to respect yours.

Anyway very nice overview of the game overseer, I am sure it gives players an idea as to how the game functions and some details about the game modes you can play

I think what Legal meant was that how many people will need to know this?

If I was just buying TF2 and wanted to know the basics this would be great, but like most of the people who will ever play TF2, we already own the game.

No offence to Overseer because its some nice work, I remember him saying that this took long to write up, but I just feel it was perhaps in vain.

LegalSmash
4 Mar 2009, 07:46am
^ THIS.

James just wanted to feel loved and important.

Psyche
4 Mar 2009, 09:26am
^ THIS.

James just wanted to feel loved and important.

Then why didn't you just say that instead of making yourself look like a dick. Anyway, good review, although I already know most of this.

LegalSmash
4 Mar 2009, 11:53am
Then why didn't you just say that instead of making yourself look like a dick. Anyway, good review, although I already know most of this.

How about you read between the lines to the comment and stop forking over a dead issue?

Creeping Death
4 Mar 2009, 01:43pm
always ment to get this game. i have it for the ps3 (orange box) and im surprised how many people play it

Neo
6 Mar 2009, 09:28am
played this game alot before, got booring after a week or so.

jigglebelljr
6 Mar 2009, 03:12pm
good job i never learned any of those claases intill now thanks

Evil Devil
6 Mar 2009, 04:31pm
i like this guide, very helpful, nice job!

Psyche
10 Mar 2009, 10:02am
good job i never learned any of those claases intill now thanks

Do you pay attention when you post in threads?

Itch
10 Mar 2009, 11:08am
I've hardly touched TF2 since the SG 32 slot TF2 server died..

2 + hour battles of attrition on Orange ZigZag..

Sniff Sniff.. those were good times!

PuMa
12 May 2009, 06:27am
WOW.:faint2:

i must say that is and good guide for new gamers. on TF2
that is one of the best review's i been seen.
__________________________________________________ ________

PuMa
12 May 2009, 06:30am
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=201163#post201163

Floxia
12 May 2009, 06:40am
I like the guide , it would be good for beginners...

Ive got TF2 for like 2months now and it funny still playing it , but i would be good íf the made a single player version too.... with diffirent difficults

Floxia

PuMa
21 May 2009, 02:00pm
LoL Floxia you got it for 8 months ago!

PuMa
21 May 2009, 02:01pm
And i'm seriolsy still like that guide
God damn man...

so fu*king good

ninjaz1337
24 May 2009, 12:03pm
I hate the new update, the fact that you don't need to work for new weapons now. You could join a server, be spectator and AFK, I know someone who found 3 things while AFK on spec.

MelissaNJ
8 Nov 2009, 04:31pm
Love this game!

Ultramarine
8 Nov 2009, 05:12pm
Love this game!

Dude, holy shit, this thread is over 5 months old.

Toxin
8 Nov 2009, 06:01pm
Dude, holy shit, this thread is over 5 months old.

He's new, he probably doesn't know that he will get his ass jumped by butthurt Members like you who think it actually helps to state obvious facts.

And yes, the game is really fun :) My computer is pretty slow, I easily drop to 5 fps at times, making it hard to actually OWN in this game.