PDA

View Full Version : Hide and Seek

TopCat
1 Mar 2009, 10:56am
I have some complaints here.

First of all, when you shoot, you lose 5 hp. if you keep shooting, you die. Please turn that off.

Second, please don't let people hide in the snow on the cs_office map.

Third, please tell them to hide, not to have them play tag.

Mammal
1 Mar 2009, 11:12am

First of all, when you shoot, you lose 5 hp. if you keep shooting, you die. Please turn that off.

No, no and erm, no.

Number one: Its so you dont spam all objects everywhere. Gives them a chance to hide...

Number two: You can't really make map specific rules, its a map feature and really easy to counter... Just walk around and you will hit them...

Number three: Its their choice, if you can aim its harder for them to play tag.

SpikedRocker
1 Mar 2009, 11:43am
What mammal said...it is only fair for people to loose health if they feel like shooting every object in sight, with round times being 6 minutes a full server of CT's can clear all the props in that time if they didn't have to worry about dying. As far as office, its kind of a douchebag thing to do but most of the people that have played this map with this mod knows about all the spots of where you can do that, so in time they will be flushed out. And I'm not sure of this tag crap, but if you are talking about running around, possibly its after they were flushed out of their orginal spot and are trying to find an escape route and a new spot. Its also possible with the round nearing and end the hider just gets bored and likes to tease the ct's.

Demented
1 Mar 2009, 12:06pm
I Agree with Mammal we are here to have fun. You don't have to QQ it's not like every map is CS_OFFICE, and #1 Is supposed to be like that.

Jaffa
1 Mar 2009, 12:09pm
Nothing wrong with all the ts turning into vans and trying to run the cts over

SneakySnake
1 Mar 2009, 01:22pm
Nothing wrong with all the ts turning into vans and trying to run the cts over

Or big boxes...

Maxwelldon
1 Mar 2009, 02:39pm

The health thing is a good thing since other wise people would run around holding fire down, without aim and blindly shoot everything.
In real hide n seek you do have to think to where to look, so use some imagination and try mezmerize most of the maps.

The snow thing has been discussed and basically it's abuse of small object and was addressed previously unallowed so if any higher up could confirm this information.

And last but not least, its called Hide N Seek for a reason so if you are found.. Don't run off like a little pansy even how much you'd want to do that, please.

Svendy
2 Mar 2009, 01:13am
though hiding in the snow and running away is kinda cheep, they are part of the game and as of now there is no rules against it.
loosing hp is an important part of the game making you not fire at everything.

edit:

The snow thing has been discussed and basically it's abuse of small object and was addressed previously unallowed so if any higher up could confirm this information.

i think previously the smallest models were ristricted

Maxwelldon
2 Mar 2009, 02:35pm
though hiding in the snow and running away is kinda cheep, they are part of the game and as of now there is no rules against it.
loosing hp is an important part of the game making you not fire at everything.

edit:

i think previously the smallest models were ristricted

Ah yeh they were now that you reminded me. First the hiding in snow was disallowed but that was too much to look after and soon the smallest objects got restricted so hiding in snow was no longer possible.

ReneGade
2 Mar 2009, 02:39pm
Ive been playing HNS a lot the last few days and it really hasn't been that big of an issue, just run thru the snow strong knifing and there will be no problems. Its kinda an obvious spot to try and hide so most people don't even bother hiding there.

chaser77
2 Mar 2009, 03:53pm
o u do thought u didnt have garys mod yet lol and ya the way things are now are cool i love playing just nobody is ever there

SpikedRocker
2 Mar 2009, 05:12pm
o u do thought u didnt have garys mod yet lol and ya the way things are now are cool i love playing just nobody is ever there

Huh?

Huwajux
4 Mar 2009, 12:08pm
Huh?
"Oh so you do! I didn't think that you had Garry's Mod yet; and yes, the way things are now are cool and I love playing there. It's just that nobody is ever there."

SpikedRocker
4 Mar 2009, 12:36pm
"Oh so you do! I didn't think that you had Garry's Mod yet; and yes, the way things are now are cool and I love playing there. It's just that nobody is ever there."

Ah at least someone understood that. But what did that have to to with our CS:S HnS.

Huwajux
4 Mar 2009, 03:19pm
Ah at least someone understood that. But what did that have to to with our CS:S HnS.
Pfft, beats me.