PDA

View Full Version : 3 box rule

Justice...
1 Mar 2009, 12:49am
Ok, so in electric, when the Ts are in the cage, some people scream "3 box rule"
Then they expect all the Ts to know what that rule is, without explaining that the 3 box rule means you have to be 3 boxes away from vent.
Therefore i dont think they should be allowed to say "3 box rule" but instead say something like "stay 3 boxes away from vent"

Would be nice if a AO+ can decide wether they can just say "3 box rule" and expect everyone to understand it, or that they actually have to say "stand 3 boxes away from vent" and if they kill for having said "3 box rule" its normally a freekill.

trakaill
1 Mar 2009, 01:14am
they should be giving warning shots anyway...before they kill...

Justice...
1 Mar 2009, 01:46am

if you play PB u know for a fact that most people dont give warning shots XD

Maxwelldon
1 Mar 2009, 03:16am
Too true, lot people even shoot you down to 1-22 health before giving a warning. Most worst is ALL yell on mic same damn time so can't hear rules CT sets.

Jaffa
1 Mar 2009, 03:27am
as an admin you should make sure cts are using warning shots, and also that cts explain any vague rules they make

i've never heard of the 3 box rule before, so thanks for the heads up about it

Justice...
1 Mar 2009, 03:46am
as an admin you should make sure cts are using warning shots, and also that cts explain any vague rules they make

yea i try, but truth to be told, i dont ALWAYS give warning shots either :P Sometimes im just annoyed at the player for being a smart ass/idiot/something like that, or sometimes its accident, like unlucky hs or the T got low hp :p

Altough its kinda hard to see who shoots who, and if its warning shot or not.

Maxwelldon
1 Mar 2009, 06:51am

yea i try, but truth to be told, i dont ALWAYS give warning shots either :P Sometimes im just annoyed at the player for being a smart ass/idiot/something like that, or sometimes its accident, like unlucky hs or the T got low hp :p

Altough its kinda hard to see who shoots who, and if its warning shot or not. Jaffa, I hadn't heard of it either never before even tho I play every now and then on PB and ye, admins should enforce rules so everyone knows whats going on.

And ye Justice, it is hard to keep track every now and then about free shooters and such since can't see in console who shot who. I always used to kill myself if I was shot no reason to see who / who all did it and then slay/kick/ban accordingly even though I was losing the time to play that way but kept people happy getting rid of trouble makers.

barackobama
1 Mar 2009, 07:38am
What the hell is with all these new rules, it's just getting even more stupid, I know, I don't play CS:S now, but when I get back on it, I'm going to go to Prison break, and if any little girls go, you can't do that, etc, I'm going to go! "TOUGH SHIT" lol.

Tcp-Kill
1 Mar 2009, 07:52am
What the hell is with all these new rules, it's just getting even more stupid, I know, I don't play CS:S now, but when I get back on it, I'm going to go to Prison break, and if any little girls go, you can't do that, etc, I'm going to go! "TOUGH SHIT" lol.

I wish to be there with you to lol.

SilentGuns
1 Mar 2009, 07:55am

They always give a warning shot ... to the head of course :(

SneakySnake
1 Mar 2009, 09:45am
What about 3 boxes form vent to back of cage? Thats 3 boxes...

trakaill
1 Mar 2009, 11:51am

Altough its kinda hard to see who shoots who, and if its warning shot or not.

Truth be told you annoyed the shit out of me the other because of that and I almost slayed you..I wasnt the only admin T and other agreed with me!!!!! So start giving warning shots and start following the rules your an admin..

Justice...
1 Mar 2009, 11:56am
Truth be told you annoyed the shit out of me the other because of that and I almost slayed you..I wasnt the only admin T and other agreed with me!!!!! So start giving warning shots and start following the rules your an admin..

lol, most of the time i do give warning shots.. for example i always use my bind when im CT, saying that you must stay on the first floor, now, if anyone go on the 2nd floor i always aim for their feet so they can get down, but i prefer using m4 without silencer, so recoil sometimes hit ur head:P

But i did admit that i dont AAAAAAAAALWAAAAAAAAAAAAYS give warning shot

Demented
1 Mar 2009, 12:03pm

True I agree w/ that.

Huwajux
2 Mar 2009, 02:13pm
When I am playing CT and tell everyone to go to the cage and obey the 3-box-rule, there are always going to be people who want to be a smartass or are just plain oblivious to what the 3-box-rule means. Therefore I just explain it to the few people who are not obeying the rule and they 'usually' understand and follow the orders.

The 3BR is a good way to check Ts for any weapons without fear of them trying to get down the vent, or one of them hitting the vent and you losing track of them. After they are all cleared of firearms I just send them to the pool or let the freeroam (Within reason). The annoying thing is people abusing the 3BR and just getting the Ts to sit there for the entire round. Eventually a T gets fed up, pulls out the pistol and blasts someone's ass away, the CTs panick and a ton of people die unnecessarily in a blur of freekill gunfire.

Harpr33t
3 Mar 2009, 07:17am
1st they confine you to cage for a whole round, now it's half a cage. Seriously on was better when there was a rule that said you can't confine t's in one place for to long.

Jaffa
3 Mar 2009, 07:27am
I usually just kill the cts, makes it easier as a t then going to cage

Maxwelldon
3 Mar 2009, 08:09am
I usually just kill the cts, makes it easier as a t then going to cage Sometimes when I get pissed about people all time put people in same place, I swap team and yell "Go there YOU DIE!" several times so it comes an automatic-whine session but hey, CT has set the rule and informed whole server very clearly about it so they can't do jack :tape:

Ultima
3 Mar 2009, 08:26am
Im giving them warning shots with my awp :tongue:

trakaill
3 Mar 2009, 08:28am
1st they confine you to cage for a whole round, now it's half a cage. Seriously on was better when there was a rule that said you can't confine t's in one place for to long.

im waiting for dracula to come here and say just rebel..watch..

but Im glad Im not the only one that sees our servers becoming retarded...

Huwajux
3 Mar 2009, 09:23am
I agree. Although this is not always the case, this only happens if there are a large amount of terrorists and there is no CT on that is actively giving orders out on his/her mic. The Cts are afraid to give the terrorists a bit of freedom purely because of their huge volume when the server is full.

If one person manages to make it past the Ct's thin line of security then that is it. It's all down to organisation and teamwork for the Cts, and that is not always present so you either have a horrible time on PB or a great time where the Cts possess some sort of challenge.

Mammal
3 Mar 2009, 09:55am
Try playing CT? I know alot of you that are bitching never do.
If you get killed you get abuse hurled at you and are taunted and the terrorists that killed you are praised. Thats why you don't give a warning shot, because if they do kill you because of that warning then you never live it down.

MrGall
3 Mar 2009, 11:29am
Silent_guns;160274']They always give a warning shot ... to the head of course :(

LOL

Suri
3 Mar 2009, 12:48pm

It's not a server rule, and he is not saying it is. The players have come up with their own way of giving out the commands.

The CT's need to explain in detail what they are asking of the T's. I would have no clue what 3 Box rule means. And then the person that killed me would be getting a boot up the old pooper.

Suri
3 Mar 2009, 12:50pm
If you get killed you get abuse hurled at you and are taunted and the terrorists that killed you are praised. Thats why you don't give a warning shot, because if they do kill you because of that warning then you never live it down.

WTF???? What does this have to do with following the rules. Who gives a crap if you get made fun of for getting killed by a T. For one I have been killed many times by T's and never been made fun of, and If I did who cares.

Follow the Rules. This is how it was when the server went online and will go back to it. I am going to post the Updated MOTD today when I get home from work.

Also To what Harp said. I CAN'T STAND THE CT's SAYING GO TO THE CAGE!!!! I played one day and 5 rounds in a row all we did was go to the flipping cage. How is this any fun??? SOME ONE TELL ME PLEASE!!!!! This rule will be put back in for this very example.

Bubbles
3 Mar 2009, 04:05pm
what the fuck is the 3 box rule

Huwajux
3 Mar 2009, 04:07pm
what the fuck is the 3 box rule
When in the cage on electric the terrorists must stay at least 3 boxes away from the vent to prevent any escapes.

CandleJack
3 Mar 2009, 04:10pm
i wish we did not have this rule i really do, it is so stupid when on fucking razor because there r 2 vents u move they blow your brains out

Bubbles
3 Mar 2009, 08:35pm
When in the cage on electric the terrorists must stay at least 3 boxes away from the vent to prevent any escapes.

well thats just stupid, people cant be expected to know these things...

Dango
3 Mar 2009, 09:10pm
Ok, so in electric, when the Ts are in the cage, some people scream "3 box rule"
Then they expect all the Ts to know what that rule is, without explaining that the 3 box rule means you have to be 3 boxes away from vent.
Therefore i dont think they should be allowed to say "3 box rule" but instead say something like "stay 3 boxes away from vent"

Would be nice if a AO+ can decide wether they can just say "3 box rule" and expect everyone to understand it, or that they actually have to say "stand 3 boxes away from vent" and if they kill for having said "3 box rule" its normally a freekill.

Let me explain, 3 box rool is stand 3 boxes away. Most will get killed.

Thanks for your help,
Dango

Huwajux
4 Mar 2009, 12:05pm
well thats just stupid, people cant be expected to know these things...
This is the topic of discussion. People should always fully explain what is meant by the 3 box rule instead of giving no indication to what it means and blasting anyone who disobeys.

Should explaining vague rules be mandatory on the PB servers - with people being punished for not explaining things properly when they go on a freekill rampage?

Bubbles
4 Mar 2009, 03:55pm
This is the topic of discussion. People should always fully explain what is meant by the 3 box rule instead of giving no indication to what it means and blasting anyone who disobeys.

Should explaining vague rules be mandatory on the PB servers - with people being punished for not explaining things properly when they go on a freekill rampage?

thats my opinion, its stupid to assume people know things, just like its stupid for me to speak french to somebody knowing they wont know what the shit im saying... i would punish a ct for that assumption

Lux
4 Mar 2009, 06:20pm
This rule doesn't leave much space in the cage, and should only be implemented when the vent has been breached, otherwise I do not think it is fair to use.

Italian Jew
4 Mar 2009, 06:29pm
I think any CT who just mashes out this order should just shove those 3 boxes up his or her ass

If they are calm and explain it, then I'd consider it, but if they act like a bunch of little fucklets like they usually do about the rule, you can see why people would get angry.

CT: "3 BOX RULE NAO!!!"
T: "What is the 3 box ru...."
CT prays and sprays inside the cage wiping out 2/3 of the T's while the ones remaining have <50 hp and the bastard doesn't even let them heal.
CT: "3 FAWKING BOX RULE DAMNIT!!!11!1!1!!11!ELEVENTYSEVEN!!1!

The CT's that enforce this by giving a warning shot to the skull are just nubcakes looking for an excuse to rack up some kills. What happened to the "Nobody knife the vent" days?

Just my 2 cents...

Harpr33t
4 Mar 2009, 06:57pm
Im giving them warning shots with my awp :tongue:

This is why most people in pb don't like you.

Btw suri thxs for implemented that rule and putting the expanded motd on the server.

Bubbles
4 Mar 2009, 09:41pm
the person that killed me would be getting a boot up the old pooper.

there you go

CandleJack
5 Mar 2009, 05:57am
when i tryed to do the three box rule all the ts went wtf is that omg wtf, its stupid that its not on the motd so the ts will stop bitching at me

Suri
5 Mar 2009, 09:13am
I will say this once. IT"S NOT A RULE!!!!! Stop calling it a rule.

trakaill
5 Mar 2009, 09:58am
when i tryed to do the three box rule all the ts went wtf is that omg wtf, its stupid that its not on the motd so the ts will stop bitching at me

someone didnt bother readin anything...
read before you write...

XeNo
5 Mar 2009, 11:00am
Wat?

Oh, more rules about rules on PB, I see.

We have more rules to cover rules than we do actual rules.

Huwajux
5 Mar 2009, 11:02am
I will say this once. IT"S NOT A RULE!!!!! Stop calling it a rule.
But if the Cts specifically give orders to the Ts not to go past the three boxes on the left side of the cage, it would count as a rule because the terrorists must obey orders or be shot/killed.

Harbor
5 Mar 2009, 11:28am

People dont warning shot because you die to fast from T's attacking
most people try but its to hard to keep track of so many prisioners and warning shoot someone. and you cant warn them to much spam

As for three box i think its getting used enough were people should understand

Suri
5 Mar 2009, 11:29am
But if the Cts specifically give orders to the Ts not to go past the three boxes on the left side of the cage, it would count as a rule because the terrorists must obey orders or be shot/killed.

It's not a rule. Thats called a order. WHen you start calling it a rule people think it's a server rule. I have a feeling this is how 90% of the bs rules got put in place. One person calls a order a rule and people think it's a real server rule.

I have had issue after issue with my computer and have not been able to put up the MOTD. I am hoping to get this fixed by Friday and will aim to have this new MOTD up.

Only the Rules on the MOTD will be in place on the server. Any other rules beinf enforced will be looked at that admins are making up their own rules. And that can get you a strike.

This is only to help make the PB server run much better then it has in the past few weeks.

Kay
5 Mar 2009, 02:26pm

That has got to be the stupitest reason I've heard for not obeying the rules. It doesn't matter if you get killed, you still have to follow the rules

Kay

Metal
5 Mar 2009, 06:49pm
lol 43 post on a simple 3 box rule? or 4 box order.

Who cares, if a CT tells you dont pass the 3rd box don't do it or ill bust a cap.

Dante
5 Mar 2009, 07:12pm
lol, most of the time i do give warning shots.. for example i always use my bind when im CT, saying that you must stay on the first floor, now, if anyone go on the 2nd floor i always aim for their feet so they can get down, but i prefer using m4 without silencer, so recoil sometimes hit ur head:P

But i did admit that i dont AAAAAAAAALWAAAAAAAAAAAAYS give warning shot

You don't always give warning shots i was an example of that and of course i got all pissy about it and i apologize for it but alot of the time when your a Ct you have that problem with warning shots you macro rules then expect everyone to read them but it doesn't happen....but i don't get this 3 box rule either and im pretty sure i've been killed cause of it before as well

XeNo
5 Mar 2009, 07:38pm
lol 43 post on a simple 3 box rule? or 4 box order.

Who cares, if a CT tells you dont pass the 3rd box don't do it or ill fire a warning shot like I'm supposed to do.
I'm sure this is what you MEANT to say.

Bubbles
5 Mar 2009, 09:48pm
XeNo wins the internetz

Metal
6 Mar 2009, 07:42am

Xeno needs to stop fixing my mistakes XD
Canadians dont give a crap

Maxwelldon
6 Mar 2009, 10:24am
It's not a rule. Thats called a order. WHen you start calling it a rule people think it's a server rule. I have a feeling this is how 90% of the bs rules got put in place. One person calls a order a rule and people think it's a real server rule.

I have had issue after issue with my computer and have not been able to put up the MOTD. I am hoping to get this fixed by Friday and will aim to have this new MOTD up.

Only the Rules on the MOTD will be in place on the server. Any other rules beinf enforced will be looked at that admins are making up their own rules. And that can get you a strike.

This is only to help make the PB server run much better then it has in the past few weeks. QFT
Also should add to the rule list on PB Servers something like this;
"No Shortened names for rules/orders incase new players join, they don't most likely know what '3box-Rule' inside the cage means, for example."

There is just little too much these things coming up on server and I feel like "Ok, what the F*#% Was that for again?!" When I do as told and TRY asking what the hell "STFIUCMFS"** means, for example. Most of time just getting free-killed when someone doesn't explain what the terms stand for.

** Would mean "Stay in your cells mother F*krs," if it even existed

Mammal
6 Mar 2009, 10:29am
WTF???? What does this have to do with following the rules. Who gives a crap if you get made fun of for getting killed by a T. For one I have been killed many times by T's and never been made fun of, and If I did who cares.

Follow the Rules. This is how it was when the server went online and will go back to it. I am going to post the Updated MOTD today when I get home from work.

Also To what Harp said. I CAN'T STAND THE CT's SAYING GO TO THE CAGE!!!! I played one day and 5 rounds in a row all we did was go to the flipping cage. How is this any fun??? SOME ONE TELL ME PLEASE!!!!! This rule will be put back in for this very example.

What?
How often do you play jailbreak suri? I am sure I have much more experience with it, also who is going to insult you? They know you will ban them without hesitation, no matter who they are.
So don't talk to me about knowing what goes on in the server all the time. Sometimes we need to get them to the cage to find the pistol or just have time to organise things without being screemed at for not opening cells. I for one let them out the cage when things are good, if they start rebelling it takes longer, which means they suffer for it. It'm my job as a CT to control them, punishing them with the cage is a way of doing that.
I follow the rules, I make sure I don't break them, I may use loopholes or bend some rules, but I don't break any.

Huwajux
6 Mar 2009, 10:32am
Yes, because warning shots keep the Ts in their place. :ohwell:

*T knifes vent*
*Ct shoots the T in the foot*
"WTF WAS THAT FOR YOU FUCKING FREESHOOTING BASTARD?"
"You knifed the vent, I saw you."
"NO I DIDN'T YOU FAG!"

Then all the Ts blindly agree with the one who had been shot and they make it their goal to take that apparent 'freeshooting' ct down, and once they do they throw a slew of insults at him and tell him to gtfo the server.

Prison Break is an unstable game, with unstable people playing it. Creating stable solutions to unstable problems isn't going to work (And you can hardly have an unstable solution).

The best thing to do is make sure that the Cts explain what the 3 box rule is before enforcing it.

trakaill
6 Mar 2009, 11:35am
Can I be the bitchy one like you all did to me before and say..hmm... I dont know...
Just fucking guard and stop the QQ!!!!:dance:

BTW warnings shots work well..I dont know what your talking about..if all the T's start bitching at once they are asked to shut up....

CandleJack
7 Mar 2009, 06:00am
ok so if this isnt really a rule where r they getting it from?

Huwajux
7 Mar 2009, 07:39am
Does it matter? It is a commonly used order to prevent the Ts from escaping.

Evil Devil
7 Mar 2009, 04:55pm
It's a rule for t's just to back away from the ct's and from escaping too.

Bubbles
7 Mar 2009, 05:01pm

other pb servers have other pb rules, ppl like to assume the rules are universal

-SoReal
7 Mar 2009, 05:46pm
I think that if they are standing right next to the vent [When it is open of course]
The Ct's should give warning shots and if it looks like the terrorist is going to go down the vent, then to warn him or else *Boom*. :weird:

The problem is that people assume too much and then this causes problem with people saying its a freekill because they didnt get warned. Ct's should say "Stand 3-boxes away from vent or get killed." Its that easy too say.