PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Panic Source Review

Frostbyte
28 Feb 2009, 08:40am
Zombie Panic Source is a mod that you can download for free on the steam store.
(Granted you have HL2 or CSS)

Zombie Panic Source is about the Humans either escaping, or holding off the zombies until the time runs out.

This is how the gameplay works.

First, the humans spawn in the designated zone, and from that point on, its an all out scavenger hunt for weapons and ammunition.

Melee weapons are your backbone, your lifeline, god forbid you run out of ammo. They range from chairs to sledgehammers. You can have more than one at 1 given time, but you will run slower, and the zombies will feast on you.

Firearms are much more powerful, but require ammunition. You can have more than 1 at a given time, but you might be better off handing it to a comrade without a firearm so that he can cover your reload. If you pick up too many guns & ammo, you will be slowed down significantly over time, so take things into moderation. If your pistol runs out of ammo, drop it and run! Firearms vary from pistols to shotguns to automatics.

As a Human, your strength lies in numbers. Chances are you cant hold off 6 zombies with a pistol and a broken plank by yourself.

As a Zombie, you want to single out a human, so that you can hunt him down and move on. You also have zombie vision, which higlights humans on your HUD.

If your a die-hard zombie fanatic, this is a mod to check out.

I give this mod an 8.5 because it is very tactical, but the price of dying only turns you into a zombie.

In a nutshell, this mod features:
- A variety of melee weapons and firearms at the Human's disposal.
- Well made maps that suit the gameplay
- Balanced Zombie Vs Humans action

whysopro
28 Feb 2009, 09:02am
Zombie Panic = The sucky version of L4D, First time I played this I was like... ''ALRIGHT....... Back to CSS''
I srsly think it sucks

Frostbyte
28 Feb 2009, 09:32am
Well, IMO, you can't really compare it to L4D, in L4D the resources are there right there in front of you, and in ZPS you have to go and find them. I think L4D is better, by leaps and bounds, but for a free game, I think it deserves what I gave it.

Huwajux
1 Mar 2009, 01:37pm
This is a description, not a review. Left 4 Dead came out way after Zombie Panic and was actually partially inspired (along with some other Source mods) by ZPS.