PDA

View Full Version : A Plea for these new changes

GrayFox
22 Feb 2009, 09:25pm
Now, recently this website has gone under some big changes be it membership status or colors. Most of these changes have been done instantly with no forewarning to us. Now, I do see that there is something about the Regs and new way to get admin on the homepage, but as far as I know most people either have the forums favorited for quick access and only check the "News" for updates. Now, I'm not saying you don't have the power to update this site anyway you want it without our opinion, but all I'm asking for is a little heads up. Just a "Hey guys, we're going to change this around so be on the lookout" would be great.

Today for some reason HG's posts and threads had to be sent to a moderator before they were allowed to be shown, as with our visitor messages. Suri said to PM someone about it, but for a time our PMs also were not working. I know its a technical issue, but without a heads up we're left to wondering "Why is this happening to us? What the hell did we do?" and it seems like its been happening a lot recently.

Now, I know you don't have to do this, but please, I'm asking for just a heads up. A post, chatbox message, or even on the Steam Community group on steam would do. It just helps us to not be frustrated at the higher ups and feel like we're being treated like crap.

matt 187
22 Feb 2009, 09:29pm
yea alittle heads up would be nice. and SG really needs to stop changing shit that was perfectly fine the way it was :sad2:

btw my sigs are messed up FIX!

Dracula
22 Feb 2009, 09:33pm
Agreed this is the only forum I use that dosent give any thread or mass PM warnings when large changes are going to happen.

juku
22 Feb 2009, 09:53pm
They are trying to organize the changes as we speak. Think of this as a beta testing.

Daze
23 Feb 2009, 02:38am
That's how things are done around here, surely you guys would realize that after being here for at least 6 months?

People have jobs, maybe you don't understand but sometimes it has to come before this community, maybe they don't have the time or patience to PM everybody about such minor and unimportant changes such as colours and user bars.

Italian Jew
23 Feb 2009, 08:08am
That's how things are done around here, surely you guys would realize that after being here for at least 6 months?

People have jobs, maybe you don't understand but sometimes it has to come before this community, maybe they don't have the time or patience to PM everybody about such minor and unimportant changes such as colours and user bars.

And inabilities to post for a while. That is a MINOR change on a forum.

Daze
23 Feb 2009, 08:19am
And inabilities to post for a while. That is a MINOR change on a forum.

Yea well, how are there suppose to be PM's thrown around about that? It's not like it was planned was it?

Dracula
23 Feb 2009, 08:19am

And at most it takes 4 minutes to make a thread.

trakaill
23 Feb 2009, 08:48am
poor AO's their color got jacked!! and CA's well now theye are yellow pastel! Green pawns!!
HG now have a new color, they didnt like white and its more QQ..worrie about in game shit not the forums..

GrayFox
23 Feb 2009, 08:50am
poor AO's their color got jacked!! and CA's well now theye are yellow pastel! Green pawns!!
HG now have a new color, they didnt like white and its more QQ..worrie about in game shit not the forums..

Am I complaining about the color in this thread? No, not at all, as I don't think anyone else is.

trakaill
23 Feb 2009, 08:57am
Then stop complaining period..the main change I saw yesterday was color...

Italian Jew
23 Feb 2009, 09:11am
Then stop complaining period..the main change I saw yesterday was color...

not the posting? Not being able to post would make a lot of people question what is going on, so by making a thread or a little message somewhere saying "Hey guys, we are changing some things here, so you might experience some problems with your accounts."

Its not about the color, so stop pretending it is just because you failed to notice anything else. Whoever made the changes forgot to give out basic privileges, so by posting the message that things were in the process of being changed, one would assume the problem was being worked without anyone having to post a thread about it to figure what was going on.

If you hate people bringing up questions that you know will be asked, then just post something to answer those questions before they are asked. It isn't hard or time consuming to do so, so in the future, just try and do it.

Dracula
23 Feb 2009, 09:39am

Do you even fucking read the thread?

Shadowex3
23 Feb 2009, 09:50am
Pointless thread, you may as well try to argue with microsoft.

Dracula
23 Feb 2009, 09:54am
Pointless thread, you may as well try to argue with microsoft.

I try'ed that they hung up =[

Red
23 Feb 2009, 10:13am
This red color is sick.

It matches my avatars/sigs.

Wish they didn't make changes on weekends when I'm always busy lol.

Italian Jew
23 Feb 2009, 10:19am
This red color is sick.

lol, the day they make AOs blue will be a funny one

Suri
23 Feb 2009, 12:05pm
here is the deal its not like haggard set out to take away posting rights to the hg. the class was deleted and when it was re-created a box got missed. and thats all. a no was checked when it should have been a yes.

and i was not aware that you could not pm, but the issue is still the fact that this has been blown up to some hugh deal when it was only a mistake. we are human and very busy people and miss things from time to time. you need to learn to cut the high ups some slack. you could have gotten on vent and askes what was going on, and not make a big issue out of nothing on the forums.

GrayFox
23 Feb 2009, 12:08pm
But Suri, this has been happening for the past couple of weeks. It just seems like no one really cares enough to give us a heads up, which is all we are asking for. Its not that there are changes, its just that we just get left in the dark when they are affecting us. Yes I hear the HG is coming back, but it was demoted to reg without any forward to us.

Suri
23 Feb 2009, 12:45pm
i could see where you would be upset to one day just be a reg again. but i did not even know about these changes. and when we did find out the bd's meet with haggard and got the hg back with its own color agin.

i dot know why haggard did not say anything to any one. i canlt speak for him, but i have to believe it was done to better the community and be cool with it. i am sure from all of this that from now own things will be delt with in a better way.

Suri
23 Feb 2009, 12:46pm
i could see where you would be upset to one day just be a reg again. but i did not even know about these changes. and when we did find out the bd's meet with haggard and got the hg back with its own color agin.

i dot know why haggard did not say anything to any one. i canlt speak for him, but i have to believe it was done to better the community and be cool with it. i am sure from all of this that from now own things will be delt with in a better way.

Tcp-Kill
23 Feb 2009, 01:41pm
This red color is sick.

Red is epic. I am so jealous.

Shadowex3
23 Feb 2009, 03:56pm

One of the first steps to the downfall of any community, civilization, or whathaveyou is the development of a cult of personality which is at first mere optimism but quickly grows to an unchallengeable belief of an individual's divinity and inability to make mistakes.

LegalSmash
23 Feb 2009, 05:21pm
Notice is appreciated when we are prevented from communicating effectively, and PMs are not possible when the feature is not operational. I realize that AOs and BDs are busy people, but you have a LOT of both, or at minimum, a LOT of admins, which seem to do little else than ban people. Expand the responsibility sphere so when something goes awry, it can be dealt with quicker.

As for things being made a big deal of, it IS a big deal when the main purpose of the forum, to post things of public relevance, is kneecapped and there is little recourse or way to communicate the problem due to lack of PM ability... Lastly, a forum is FOR stating an issue, the fact that someone feels strongly about it, and that it is in essence a matter of public concern should be considered when people begin to "ZOGM STOP GETTIN MAD OVER NOTHIN GAIZ". It IS a problem.

For the record, I could care less about the colors, as long as my sig works, im able to post, PM, and create threads, I'm a happy duck, but when those features are messed with and left incapable of functioning due to McCain style "cuttin' n' fixin'" it becomes an issue that those people affected may make comments about. No bad intent there, just making a statement about something important.

Doctordan
23 Feb 2009, 08:44pm
amen please no pm blasts thou just make a thread (sStop lumping all the hgs together most of them didnt qq about color changes)

Hazardous
23 Feb 2009, 08:48pm
amen please no pm blasts thou just make a thread (sStop lumping all the hgs together most of them didnt qq about color changes)

But this shade of purple makes me look fat! :sad2:

Doctordan
23 Feb 2009, 08:50pm
way to prove me wrong Hazordous lol

Harpr33t
23 Feb 2009, 09:05pm
Why am I an at noon and the guy above me a sg reg

Hazardous
23 Feb 2009, 09:21pm

You're a "noon" because you can't spell.

raven maniac
23 Feb 2009, 09:30pm
**ATTENTION**

Changes were made to the forums and colors were changed.

OH LAWD SORRY WE FORGOT TO INFORM YOU!!!! :baby: Orange is pimpin btw :D

matt 187
23 Feb 2009, 09:32pm
**ATTENTION**

purple is the shit!!! make orange are BITCH! =]

GrayFox
24 Feb 2009, 05:17am
**ATTENTION**

I've missed you :laugh:

trakaill
24 Feb 2009, 08:32am

Go make a god damn post to be a reg you fucking noob!

raven maniac
24 Feb 2009, 09:28am
I've missed you :laugh:

^.^ :wave:

GrayFox
24 Feb 2009, 01:09pm
^.^ :wave:

I'm going to a "surprise party" for my birthday, you want to come?

raven maniac
24 Feb 2009, 02:09pm
I'm going to a "surprise party" for my birthday, you want to come?

HELL YAH!:nuts:

GrayFox
24 Feb 2009, 03:14pm
Yes! I'm not supposed to know about it though, so don't tell me. And jump out and yell surprise! And I'll act way surprised.

Harpr33t
24 Feb 2009, 06:04pm
You're a "noon" because you can't spell.

Hey hey it's my itouch's auto spell check fault. What I meant was why is the above me an sg reg and I'm an sg noob.

GrayFox
24 Feb 2009, 07:36pm
Since this thread has gotten off topic, can I reiterate:

Will you please inform us of any new changes?