PDA

View Full Version : New Counter-Strike?

Snowman694
21 Feb 2009, 09:14pm
I have been wondering for a long time if there will be any new type/verison/upgrade for cs. I once read that when valve was done updating tf2 and day of defeat source they were gonna do something to css but haven't found anything lately.

Is valve gonna just let there best online game of all time just crap out. Kinda stupid if they ask me.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any plans with cs.

Italian Jew
21 Feb 2009, 09:22pm
They will most likely just touch up some graphics. I don't see them trying to peddle anything new with CS. It is successful because it is so simple a game, so the players contribute more to the multiplayer than Valve actually does.

Dracula
21 Feb 2009, 09:34pm
*wants riot sheilds.

andre1028
21 Feb 2009, 11:02pm
*wants riot sheilds.

*remembers how much they failed in CZ

Hazardous
21 Feb 2009, 11:35pm
*wants riot sheilds.

riot shields would be awesome in pb

Modgers1
21 Feb 2009, 11:38pm
Can't wait for the big new Valve venture. I need a new game...

-Modgers

Frostbyte
21 Feb 2009, 11:57pm
Half life 2 episode 3, then Half life 3, then the new counterstrike along with HL3.

Thats where my moneys going.

Svendy
22 Feb 2009, 04:05am
they are/have made counter-strike zondition zero: source and counter-strike: Neo
targeted at the asian market

Dracula
22 Feb 2009, 07:24am
*remembers how much they failed in CZ

They was not fail because i could whore them :D

Snowman694
22 Feb 2009, 09:17am

-Modgers

Yeah I need a new game to. CSS is the only game that I have played consistently for all these years. Crysis, TF2, and Far Cry 2 didn't last so long with me, even though Crysis maybe the best game I have ever played! So many mods can keep you playing it.

Just wish they wouldn't let it die or something like that.

Shields would be very nice indeed!

Astrum
22 Feb 2009, 01:40pm
I once read that when valve was done updating tf2 and day of defeat source they were gonna do something to css but haven't found anything lately.

That was their intent. Lately they've been focusing on L4D, TF2, and not fixing the millions of bugs in their games.

Snowman694
22 Feb 2009, 02:52pm
That was their intent. Lately they've been focusing on L4D, TF2, and not fixing the millions of bugs in their games.

I don't know if they r lazy or just cuz they are not doing anything. And 2 be honest I think l4d was a failure 4 them.

They have made so many better games in the past...but whatever.

xMaverickx
22 Feb 2009, 04:18pm
I think they are just going to stick with css, it is too successful, therefore i wouldnt mess with it.

Stricken
23 Feb 2009, 11:46am
I dont know, Id bet my money they'd be another versino in the future,As said by someone in earlier posts, they'll touch up the graphics abit,But id see them making the gameplay differ from different maps,Liek they'll be Rpg maps for example(Rpg_Jump) And that maps will have the rpg mod in it therefore they'll be no need for the server owner to install the rpg mod, Also Wcs maps. I dont know what else they could do to it,I cant see them changing from terrorist and ct,I jsut see them updating the gameplay style so you can actually differ from server to server playing different maps with different styles off play, Free for All Everyone Vs Everyone etc stuff like that.

Red
23 Feb 2009, 12:09pm
*wants riot sheilds.

lol, i completely forgot that they had riot shields in reg cs for a while.

Stricken
23 Feb 2009, 12:21pm
Yeh riot sheilds where ok, If you know how and when to use them, Me myself never used them :P

Frostbyte
23 Feb 2009, 01:14pm
I don't know if they r lazy or just cuz they are not doing anything. And 2 be honest I think l4d was a failure 4 them.

They have made so many better games in the past...but whatever.

TAKE IT BACK!!!!

StrykerSwat
23 Feb 2009, 03:28pm
Well i remember in a GTtv episode that they went to Valve place and said there making a CS2 and it will possible come out with DoD2 i think there making everything to a sequel (and i even heard there making and testing DoD2)

they problly do the same thing like Orange Box did(HL2:EP2,Portal,TF2)

in my predtiction i think the new Orange Box(or Orange Box 2) there gonna have
HL2:EP3,CS2,DoD2,Portal 2+new class for TF2 (if they don't rease the new class update in time) because i heard in kotaku.com that HL2:EP3 will come out until 2010

but if they do give out that Orange Box 2 with those 4 games + class for TF2 that would be awesome
problly they would have new guns,maps,achivments on there too for TF2 (for new class + weapon updates) and L4D

but if they give out that big bundle then i hope its worth the price(whatever price they will give out), that would problly either be $60-$80

Harpr33t
23 Feb 2009, 08:15pm
*remembers standing INS corner with riot sheild and owning all

Votefail.
25 Feb 2009, 07:30pm
theres a virus thing going around in emails, someone sends you and email saying here try Counterstrike:pro [not even a real game] for free and he puts a keylogger on and takes your steam accounts =O watch out

Demented
28 Feb 2009, 09:39pm
CS:S Is fun, but they would probably just make some graphical updates if they made a new sort type of CS.

Creeping Death
6 Mar 2009, 06:56pm
i think in 2010 they should be coming out with a new cs

Neji
14 Mar 2009, 11:28am
I heard that they're gonna make new CS :Counter Strike Online

Svendy
14 Mar 2009, 06:28pm
i'm not sure if that is being worked on or not, but i've heard rumers of it about a year ago.

for any future versions, i would like to see some more realisme, like in L4D you walk slower as you get more hurt

Huwajux
15 Mar 2009, 05:41am
It's already out, and it has been out for ages. It has only been released to the Korean market at the moment. It's a bit...bad...

PBwGC41CQhw

Farmer Mick
15 Mar 2009, 06:37am
It's already out, and it has been out for ages. It has only been released to the Korean market at the moment. It's a bit...bad...

PBwGC41CQhw

guns look decent but the blood and player skins are awful

Svendy
15 Mar 2009, 07:44am
i thought that game was Counter-Strike Condition Zero: Source

Huwajux
15 Mar 2009, 02:32pm
i thought that game was Counter-Strike Condition Zero: Source
It basically is.

CandleJack
15 Mar 2009, 04:21pm

its gonna fail nexon or wat ever company is making is gonna fail it

Svendy
16 Mar 2009, 02:03am
It basically is.

hehe thats one reason i dont like it :P

Paronic
16 Mar 2009, 06:42am
ive wonderd about this myself 4 quiet some time now.

PotshotPolka
16 Mar 2009, 08:56am
I miss the shields from CZ.

Svendy
16 Mar 2009, 09:26am
imo they were a pain in the ass

KaMiKaZi
17 Mar 2009, 12:33pm
hey this is the officlial trailer for new counter stike its already out in Asia :O http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/181382.html

SOLANUM
17 Mar 2009, 02:24pm
hey this is the officlial trailer for new counter stike its already out in Asia :O http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/181382.html

Its a reskined CSZ with 4 new weapons.

Svendy
18 Mar 2009, 06:07am
so to summon up, atm there is no publicised information pointing to a new counter-strik. and only remakes have been released

CandleJack
18 Mar 2009, 06:09am

you doom rickrolling bastard but anyways WTF IS THAT PIECE OF CRAP! I mean come on your could jsut go out and buy css, i think that cso will fail

boxplay5
18 Mar 2009, 09:53am

ROFL it does the same thing to me.

I doubt they'd even dare to start a new CS when they're still working on Episode 3 but still HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE ONE EPISODE!?!

Killer
18 Mar 2009, 11:41am
They Might make a new a css and like adjust the maps where you use cars and choppers etc

boxplay5
18 Mar 2009, 01:08pm
They Might make a new a css and like adjust the maps where you use cars and choppers etc

So like the battlefield series.

Suri
18 Mar 2009, 01:54pm
ROFL it does the same thing to me.

I doubt they'd even dare to start a new CS when they're still working on Episode 3 but still HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE ONE EPISODE!?!

Why would you think they only have one team that works on their game?

They have more then one team that works on any title they have. They have been working on E3 for some time. So who made L4D then???

If they want the game created and I can bet you they have some team already working on the game. Even if it's a really small team getting all the concept stuff done. CS is their 2nd largest title why would they not being working on something new.

Crimson
18 Mar 2009, 10:12pm
Counter Strike Online is pretty much the same thing as CS:S, but it was released in Japan only.

The only thing they added were couple new maps and weapons.

Leon
20 Mar 2009, 09:29pm
i heard last year that CSS 3 would have prone and ect that we dont have now

COD4
Left 4 Dead
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
FEAR

those were very fun games but now im very bored with them i want new ones to play!

Cardman
21 Mar 2009, 09:30am
I heard that they may implement an achievements system to CS:S similar to that of L4D. Here is my proof http://kotaku.com/gaming/upgrades/valve-bringing-more-achievements-to-steam-soon-325857.php The date on this is Nov 23 2007 though; so I suppose it is old.

I am not sure if they will ever do this; but it is an interesting concept. Then again; I suppose this is why Final Battle Ground is around. :heh:

Loganator456
31 Mar 2009, 12:44am
I'm happy with CSS. I'd want another, new game to play, though. I'm pretty excited for HL2:EP3 because I'm a HUGE sucker for snowscapes and anything with snow. Anything with ice/snow/arctic/winter, I mean.

I think they need to concentrate on putting out actual content (new campaigns, guns, etc.) for Left 4 Dead, otherwise it will die. Maybe a snowy/winter campaign? Hot shit for me. :thumb:

Delirium
2 Apr 2009, 07:59am
No shields... Thats what meatshilds are for plus theyd just be gayed.

Christo
2 Apr 2009, 09:06am
Will there come a new counter strike game?

Christo
2 Apr 2009, 09:09am
:fencing: It could be cool

Jaffa
2 Apr 2009, 09:32am
They will release a big content patch for css when they release episode 3 (this will probably include Portal 2 and big new content for L4D and TF2, much like Orange Box).

CandleJack
2 Apr 2009, 10:00am
They will release a big content patch for css when they release episode 3 (this will probably include Portal 2 and big new content for L4D and TF2, much like Orange Box).

when's this coming out jaffa

Jaffa
2 Apr 2009, 10:11am
HL episode 3 isn't till end of 2009 at best i think

which means there must be a big source engine overhaul as part of it

(maybe also to programme in the portal gun!!!!!)

anomo
13 Apr 2009, 06:48am
There is going to be a new CS! CS Online is coming out sometime within the next years, and it is supposed to have better graphics, have a better aimbox etc. I dont know allot of details, but there is a trailer on youtub =D

SpikedRocker
13 Apr 2009, 07:23am
Actually I beleive that was scrapped. Their main focus is releasing Ep 3 to wrap that segement of HL up. There are rumors of engine overhaul but I think it will be minor things and will wait till the next chapter of HL to debut an entire new engine.

Portal 2 is in the works, from what I hear could be 3Q, but that isn't up to valve.

Svendy
13 Apr 2009, 08:22am
There is going to be a new CS! CS Online is coming out sometime within the next years, and it is supposed to have better graphics, have a better aimbox etc. I dont know allot of details, but there is a trailer on youtub =D

as far as i know it for the asian market only

Thomas
26 Apr 2009, 08:05am

-Modgers

I'm waiting for multiplayer Portal.

Snowman694
19 May 2009, 11:12am

Well if u take a look at Duke Nukem Forever, some games can take along time (12 years). Reading the latest story on the dispute between Take-Two and 3D Realms I don't know what to believe. I just hoping 3D Realms shocks everyone and brings the game out. Something could happen at E3 you never know.

But back to CS i thinkg by 2010 there will be a new one. Someone said it correct they can't let this franchise die. Its done to good for them. We might just to wait fot the new engine to see the new game or version.

Spjerre
19 May 2009, 11:50am
*wants riot sheilds.

that would be fail in napalm

Bad Dog
19 May 2009, 06:42pm
I hope they dont overhaul graphics. I mean CSS already lags at certain points on maps, imagine if graphics rivaled that of like Fallout3 or somthing, can you imagine the HORROR!? All the goddamn lag and shit. It wouldnt be the same game. No i like CSS the way it is damnit!!

FightingRooster
19 May 2009, 08:20pm
I still don't understand while they're not releasing a new one RIGHT NOW. They've got the popularity, money and devoted gamers that if they put a blank disc in they'd still make millions.

Snowman694
20 May 2009, 10:37am
I still don't understand while they're not releasing a new one RIGHT NOW. They've got the popularity, money and devoted gamers that if they put a blank disc in they'd still make millions.

I don't understand it either, but we being devoted valve customers (like 10 years for me), we may just have to wait. Its probably worth the wait. Any game they've made I've liked except L4D.

But if they don't announce something or do something in the next year, year in a half at most I may have to just go back and play Crysis or something...Wait could you imagine Counter-Strike on like the cry 2 engine. Kinda insane if you ask me but whatever.

Delirium
20 May 2009, 11:45am
Eh if they make it on the Cry engine they have lost me im running a meager 28 fps in low detail atm

XeNo
20 May 2009, 12:08pm
Update graphics if anything. 1.6 and Source is still running good due to all the user content, if they come out with like prone and shit that will just kill source, it would be so stupid to have prone in cs. The main gameplay as far as weapons and objectives should just stay, user content can make more mods/plugins than valve could if you ask me.

PingPong
23 Jul 2009, 12:29am
There was already a mod released for 1.6 (Counter Strike Pro Mod) Its the same gameplay and core and 1.6 but with update visuals meaning you can still shoot through walls xD. The game is available on there site http://www.cspromod.com/. If you like playing reg cs but couldnt stand thegraphics then this is for you.
I9SD07e4ocY
This video is a little outdated

andre1028
23 Jul 2009, 12:40pm
I played it all the time. Was fond of the actual community, mod, and dev members. I respect their effort, but the mod died a long time ago. There's like one or two servers filled with like five people once in a while now. What started off with 42K supports turned into 0.001% actually playing. The only thing I really liked is how they returned the original glock RPS speed.

b0red
23 Jul 2009, 12:42pm
HL3 than new Css, most likely it will have riot shields and vip mode, and more cool stuff and hopefully de_dust3!

Stevee
24 Jul 2009, 02:47am
I wish there was gonna be a new css.
It would be amazing.
It'd ace the new COD 6 Which is coming out shortly.

tucker
24 Jul 2009, 08:33am
strykerswat obviously u have no idea how much cs failed on xbox so they would never release it with orange box and the only to put that many games on a CD it would have to be blue ray or until Microsoft launches red-ray (notice the red vs. blue reference)

Epic Bread Man
24 Jul 2009, 09:11am
Meh HD CS:S lol!

Wrathek
24 Jul 2009, 11:42am
strykerswat obviously u have no idea how much cs failed on xbox so they would never release it with orange box and the only to put that many games on a CD it would have to be blue ray or until Microsoft launches red-ray (notice the red vs. blue reference)

i hate to tell you this dude, but the xbox has absolutely no bearing on what valve releases. their largest community has and will always be the PC. If they ARE making a new CS, (which is completely inevitable if they are making a new engine etc.) it would probably come out in another box fashion, just for the sheer reason that they have alot of game stacked up that should come out soon.

Also, because of how fucking much money they made off the of the orange box, they'd love to sell another "box", especially one with the highest selling fps of all time.

Lordcrazy
28 Jul 2009, 09:49am
if there is going to be a new CSS i'd like some new guns and RIOT SHIELDS FTW! also some new physics and graphics would be nice...

DrZomby
29 Jul 2009, 02:24am
The u guys get to a new cs is new graphics, engine, or guns.... There never will be new Cs

ckw
29 Jul 2009, 02:55am
they are/have made counter-strike zondition zero: source and counter-strike: Neo
targeted at the asian market

Cool!!!:D

Gundude54
29 Jul 2009, 08:01pm
i heard rumors that there is gonna be a counter strike source 2

Loganator456
29 Jul 2009, 08:16pm
i heard rumors that there is gonna be a counter strike source 2They are BS. Most rumors on the internet are, lol.

Undercover
30 Jul 2009, 11:36am
i dont think they will do anything to css because nobody complains about anything

Wrathek
30 Jul 2009, 11:39am
i dont think they will do anything to css because nobody complains about anything

This is true, but its not because of what you said. Its because they only release one when they make a new engine, there's no reason to make another until then either.

Hunt3r.j2
30 Jul 2009, 10:16pm
Let's get to building the Sauce engine then.

Strife
2 Aug 2009, 03:56am
Hopefully the will make a new CSS but the current version will keep me occupied for a few more years

Gundude54
6 Aug 2009, 03:19pm
heard rumors