PDA

View Full Version : Bought DoWII

PotshotPolka
19 Feb 2009, 05:35pm
It has been done, will inform you guys as soon as I can on the gameplay, but I'll leave the honors of the review to the die hard fan.

Dracula
19 Feb 2009, 06:30pm
U have sinned.

LegalSmash
19 Feb 2009, 08:43pm
I hope to buy it on return from FL, almost bought it today on opening day.

PotshotPolka
19 Feb 2009, 09:19pm
Not to happy yet, not at all. Still 1v1 or 3v3 maps, only. AND THEY ONLY ADDED ONE more 3v3 map. WTF. No new units, no new abilities, and campaign is nothing but move and click with rpg style level ups.

WTF is with Relic? Do they simply feel need to throw this title to the wolves after the amount of effort they poured into COH?

LegalSmash
19 Feb 2009, 10:02pm
its not going to have more than 3v3. I saw the box earlier. They discarded 4v4 to reduce in map congestion.

LegalSmash
19 Feb 2009, 10:09pm
What I particularly like is that it is as similar as a video game has ever gotten to reproducing the warhammer style table game play, which as a player, I'm very happy about

PotshotPolka
20 Feb 2009, 08:44am
We'll see, I guess they prioritzed that over insanely over the top combat and fun gameplay :ohwell:

Italian Jew
20 Feb 2009, 09:24am
I would like to see one of those uber matches between masses of figurines just so I can say I did. I'm interested enough where I would want to see what goes on in one of those, just not enough to play that or a PC variant of it.

LegalSmash
20 Feb 2009, 10:04am
How far from Baltimore are you? They have gamesday, where they have GINORMOUS games.

While I like the over the top of the other titles, and I still play them quite frequently, this is a breath of fresh air for those of us that actually play warhammer and wanted a more representative PC game. That being said, not everyone has the attention span or attention to detail required to succeed in the game like that. I think in the long run, they may have gone a little bit too out of mainstream for their own good, but we will see.

imkrazie
22 Feb 2009, 07:21am
Not to happy yet, not at all. Still 1v1 or 3v3 maps, only. AND THEY ONLY ADDED ONE more 3v3 map. WTF. No new units, no new abilities, and campaign is nothing but move and click with rpg style level ups.

WTF is with Relic? Do they simply feel need to throw this title to the wolves after the amount of effort they poured into COH?

Relic is supposed to be releasing DLC packs throughout the years for free (except expansions). They are doing it this way to help reduce piracy w/o using DRM.

LegalSmash
22 Feb 2009, 07:47am
Can someone write an actual fucking review please? I won't be able to purchase for another 2 1/2 weeks.

PotshotPolka
22 Feb 2009, 08:33am
Can someone write an actual fucking review please? I won't be able to purchase for another 2 1/2 weeks.

Yeah, I'll do it I guess, I was going to let you do it.

SilentGuns
22 Feb 2009, 09:54am
I need to get a new graphics card to play DoW 2. Also SC2 and Diablo 3 when their released.This is gonna cost me...

LegalSmash
22 Feb 2009, 04:58pm
Silent_guns;156530']I need to get a new graphics card to play DoW 2. Also SC2 and Diablo 3 when their released.This is gonna cost me...

TBH if it was to upgrade the comp in gen, I'd upgrade if I were you and could afford it, but for one game, it seems pointless.