PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Run

Huwajux
18 Feb 2009, 10:47am
I absolutely loved this mod, does it still exist?

The CTs would start off just like normal, but would be limited only to shotguns. The terrorists on the other hand would take the image of an explosive barrel. The CT's job was to avoid being blown up (touched) by the terrorists until the time ran out and the terrorist's job was to try and kill all of the CTs by running into them.

The Ts would respawn if they died, but the CTs would not. The Ts had infinite health (Well, a vast amount; something like 999999999 - I never saw a terrorist be killed) but were slowed down by shotgun blasts (Slowed to a walking pace, no knockback is involved). The terrorists were slightly faster than the CTs because of the CTs having shotguns and no knives to speed them up.

It was a great mod and I only knew one server which ran it. It had no custom maps made purely for that mod, normal CSS maps were used. It began to lose its popularity because the terrorists almost always won and there were no English people to talk to (In my case, at least)!

I think if SG could dig up this mod (If it hasn't been scrapped already), or possibly re-create it with a few tweaks, its server would almost always be packed.