PDA

View Full Version : [Rejected] ZM escape maps

Esta
16 Feb 2009, 10:19pm
I noticed these maps weren't on either of the escape servers. They were on both escape servers a while back:

ze_dust_escape_v1
ze_paradise_v1
ze_melvins_heli

Now I know some people may have problems with these two maps, but hear me out, a lot of players enjoyed them, and would come to the steam gamers servers to play them, as most other servers didn't have them. I mean, not all maps have to be serious business, and not everyone is going to like every map, its not as if their both overplayed:

ze_mumbo_jumbo
ze_trapescape

Crimson
17 Feb 2009, 12:08am
ze_dust_escape_v1
ze_paradise_v1
ze_melvins_heli

No offense or anything, but those maps are shit. I used to play Escape 24/7 before the server turned into Easy mode, and I'd always F10 out when those maps were played.

Tcp-Kill
17 Feb 2009, 12:58am
I also, do miss trap escape.

But, venomous chooses this sort of thing, so you would need to get his attention to this thread.

Jazz
17 Feb 2009, 01:40am
lol i off all of those trapescape is the only good one!

rest of em' suck!

Jaffa
17 Feb 2009, 02:32am
trapescape was always fun, but the others had issues...

dust was boring, paradise was too long and laggy, malvinas was poorly made, and mumbo jumbo was mumbo jumbo

Jazz
17 Feb 2009, 02:36am
Btw what happened to rooftop runway!

That map pwned!!

Repus
17 Feb 2009, 03:35am
Trap escape and mumbo would be so big fail on vip.

Paul
17 Feb 2009, 03:50am
I enjoyed both trap escape and dust escape

Jazz
17 Feb 2009, 03:59am
However it' wont be as fun as before with {bAy} sUP, Grim, SATAN, z3r0, Blank, vicious, Diablo, apple sauce, Alber Wesker, virDeBello, Solman, Venomonous Fate, smurf aka Shifty, Futty and Irish Rebel NEVAH EVAHHHH!!!!

And will someone please reply to my post about rooftop runway? :o

Daze
17 Feb 2009, 05:03am
Mumbo Jumbo was absolutely terrible! How can you call that map ZEscape!?!

Tcp-Kill
17 Feb 2009, 05:30am
However it' wont be as fun as before with {bAy} sUP, Grim, SATAN, z3r0, Blank, vicious, Diablo, apple sauce, Alber Wesker, virDeBello, Solman, Venomonous Fate, smurf aka Shifty, Futty and Irish Rebel NEVAH EVAHHHH!!!!

And will someone please reply to my post about rooftop runway? :o

no, it was not fun with z3r0 and vicious and wesker

Jaffa
17 Feb 2009, 06:15am
replace those names with me, tcp and spartan plox

Jazz
17 Feb 2009, 07:51am
replace those names with me, tcp and spartan plox

LOL you ok, but Tcp and Spartan are barely at escape!

And those guys were also fun to play with

Jaffa
17 Feb 2009, 07:54am
Spartan and Spiked Rocker were part of the SG admin escape team, which patrolled the escape servers over the last summer

Jazz
17 Feb 2009, 07:57am
I didn't see Spiked :o

Jaffa
17 Feb 2009, 09:05am
Me, Zero Maniac, Spartan, Spiked, Xeno plus a few others spent waaaayyy too much time admining escape servers over the summer

*Queen VenomousFate*
17 Feb 2009, 11:27am
I noticed these maps weren't on either of the escape servers. They were on both escape servers a while back:

ze_dust_escape_v1
ze_paradise_v1
ze_melvins_heli

Now I know some people may have problems with these two maps, but hear me out, a lot of players enjoyed them, and would come to the steam gamers servers to play them, as most other servers didn't have them. I mean, not all maps have to be serious business, and not everyone is going to like every map, its not as if their both overplayed:

ze_mumbo_jumbo
ze_trapescape

dust - This map was very short, and poorly done. Not coming back

Paradise - This map makes no sense and players still dont know how to play it, players always die from falling

melvins - Not really an escape map, more like Napalm

Mumbo - Do not ever speak of this map again

Trapescape - When more people die from traps then zombies on a map, i take it off since it is more deathrun.

Jazz
17 Feb 2009, 11:42am
Me, Zero Maniac, Spartan, Spiked, Xeno plus a few others spent waaaayyy too much time admining escape servers over the summer

Weren't u a supporter back on the summers?

Jaffa
17 Feb 2009, 11:46am
got admin at the end of june i think

Esta
17 Feb 2009, 06:17pm
I just remember when steam gamer servers weren't so iffy about their map selection, and had tons that were fun and challenging on the escape servers, instead of the constant serious business of CSS and choosing the easiest most repetitive maps. I mean, boatescape and SST are good maps, but not when their the only ones played. I just remember over the past spring and summer a lot of players having good times on those maps I listed above.

trakaill
17 Feb 2009, 08:46pm
should I pull the QQ trend we all talking about?? :)

But yeah I miss trap!! hey maybe we can haz zombiez on death run!!!!

Jazz
18 Feb 2009, 02:22am
should I pull the QQ trend we all talking about?? :)

But yeah I miss trap!! hey maybe we can haz zombiez on death run!!!!

LOL, but anyway how deleted trap escape?? :O

Esta
20 Feb 2009, 04:52pm
Are any of the maps getting considered? If trap would be a problem on the VIP escape server just put it on the other escape server. Ha, please admins?

jigglebelljr
20 Feb 2009, 07:25pm
I have to agree with Obez I think both those maps are shit and I am sorry but i don't think those maps will never ever be nomanated and played so i think we should't take thoses maps

Tcp-Kill
21 Feb 2009, 02:55am
Hmm, i think trapescape would be a nice addition to normal. But its venomouses call.

*Queen VenomousFate*
21 Feb 2009, 05:13am
I just remember when steam gamer servers weren't so iffy about their map selection, and had tons that were fun and challenging on the escape servers, instead of the constant serious business of CSS and choosing the easiest most repetitive maps. I mean, boatescape and SST are good maps, but not when their the only ones played. I just remember over the past spring and summer a lot of players having good times on those maps I listed above.

I believe we currently have 30 maps. With 30 maps you cant tell me I have been iffy with map selection... All the maps you mentioned are basically the ones i decided to remove at my last big server redu.

You say you had lots of fun on those maps over the summer, however, so far as i can tell, other than trap escape, i brought all of those maps to the server for the first time in late September or after, which means you could not have played them over the summer.

*Queen VenomousFate*
21 Feb 2009, 05:18am
Mumbo Jumbo is quite possibly the most stupid map I have ever played. It is basically just a run to the top where no skill is required. I will never put this map back.

Melvins Heli may be placed back on the server, but dont count on it, im still considering it.

Paradise is a likely candidate to come back, AS SOON AS an update comes out which fixes some of the maps stupidity.

Dust Escape is complete and utter CRAP! WILL NEVER RETURN!!!

Trap Escape like I said, traps on zombie maps are OK, but Ive decided that whenever traps on a map kill more people than zombies, it will no longer be considered for the Escape Server. There are some VERY adimate people about Trap Escape, but there are also as many people who HATE the map.

Mammal
21 Feb 2009, 10:29am
I actually loved mumbo jumbo.

Simple = Epic Wins and Epic Loses

Like wasteland and dust, they all ended epicly =D

Esta
21 Feb 2009, 04:31pm
I understand Venomous. I mean, maybe not on the escape servers but the mini game server? I can see mumbo jumbo and trap fitting in better on that server, as the server description says: maps that are good for a laugh, that being mumbo and trap. I can see where you're coming from with trap though, as it becomes more about just wanting to complete the map rather than caring if you're a zombie or human.

I do like that you're giving melvins heli and paradise consideration. I mean, melvins is really no different than ATIX_Helicopter.

Thanks.

Esta
9 Mar 2009, 06:41pm
Bump.

Cooki3Monsta
9 Mar 2009, 06:50pm
Trap escape sucks balllssss

NLS CEL
9 Mar 2009, 10:56pm
am i the only that thought paradise was a descent if not great map :(

oh well.

though i think by far the worst ze map i have ever played (exception of mumbojumbo) was a map called either ze_greenescape or zm_greenescape. just terrible for zombies.

*Queen VenomousFate*
10 Mar 2009, 03:57pm
I have decided to reject all of these. We have so many new quality maps that these are not necessary.