PDA

View Full Version : Reg applications

Chêvouÿx
16 Feb 2009, 12:28pm
Right, I have a concern. Every app gets approved even when there's not enough community support. How can we apparopriately give the Reg tag out to people if, let's say, they never show on vent or the forums. What if nobody knows them but like two other random regs?

Also, can we require a poll for reg apps? Similar to the new admin process, maybe we can have a poll of approve/disapprove and if they have 50% or more support after 4 people, they can be approved. Otherwise, put the application under a pending status.

Look at Ares' app; even he doesn't know why he was approved with two non-supports.

Seriously :rant:

barackobama
16 Feb 2009, 12:34pm
Regulars = Regulars, if they sign up to the forums and play the servers, and have no bans, they are a regular in our eyes.

SilentGuns
16 Feb 2009, 12:35pm
Yea, this application shit is just lame. The person who applies should be at least a member for 2 months and have a certain post count. He should also prove his server activity with played time or something.

If 10 people would say NO SUPPORT to him but he has no bans then would you accept the application?

As long as applying is easy, take the old HG forum powers from the regs... All they need is a tag , nothing more and if they want those powers , they need to apply for a higher reg status. For that higher status applying should be harder. It could be called... ummm... superior reg?

Well that's about all I got... you people run this place so you decide how to run it.

Jazz
16 Feb 2009, 12:36pm
Well it's good i think it's good to have Regs (To have the SG.Reg tag before/after in-put in your name) because it's cool and will maybe bring more people to get interested in our servers?

Also i've played a bit in the last couple off days and i havn't seen a lot of regs!! Maybe like myself Paching, Shifty... There are so many admins but not so many regs. I also think that regs should be more than admins because regs don't cost anything and is easier to get!

I also feel comfortable to have lot's of regular members in our servers!

Chêvouÿx
16 Feb 2009, 12:36pm
Regulars = Regulars, if they sign up to the forums and play the servers, and have no bans, they are a regular in our eyes.

Regulars are supposed to be regularly supporting, adding to, or involved with the community. Coming on the forums and making one post for a tag is not doing any of those. Neither is never coming onto ventrilo :evil:

Phoenix
16 Feb 2009, 12:58pm
Regulars are supposed to be regularly supporting, adding to, or involved with the community. Coming on the forums and making one post for a tag is not doing any of those. Neither is never coming onto ventrilo :evil:

Exactly. I've seen a few approved applications already from people with 1 post, it should be more difficult to get a reg tag rather than handing them out to everyone that walks through the virtual door.

eg. http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14212

SneakySnake
16 Feb 2009, 12:58pm

THEN WHAT ABOUT HG's! WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM. Take away our power to give infractions, change our name color and make us different!

Jazz
16 Feb 2009, 01:04pm
THEN WHAT ABOUT HG's! WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM. Take away our power to give infractions, change our name color and make us different!

I don't think HG exists, if u are not a supporter, not an admin, not a donator then ur just a simple reg!

Matter of fact HG is not so important or...

trakaill
16 Feb 2009, 01:04pm

problem with that is if someone shows up with no ban cause they started playing yesterday then people with bans but have been here a long time and have learn not to grief and they dont get it that would be unfair..but so far a lot of people got it not mayny got rejected so cool!

EDIT on a side note people had reg tags without being on the forums so I dont know why you guys are bitching about it...
when admins were handing them out..

barackobama
16 Feb 2009, 01:09pm
Why is everyone making such a big deal, this is a good move for the community, it gives us more lime light within Counter Strike Source, and it will help us boost the community, now if you're all against helping the community develop and helping it succeed, then I suggest you're just not fitting in to this community.

Jazz
16 Feb 2009, 01:12pm
Why is everyone making such a big deal, this is a good move for the community, it gives us more lime light within Counter Strike Source, and it will help us boost the community, now if you're all against helping the community develop and helping it succeed, then I suggest you're just not fitting in to this community.

I totally agree with GarfieldH and his suggestions!

SneakySnake
16 Feb 2009, 01:13pm

I got 2 bans agaisnt me. I still made regular without anybody posting on my app. But still, there are way to many regulars and what if one of them accidently or abuses infractions?

Exactly. I've seen a few approved applications already from people with 1 post, it should be more difficult to get a reg tag rather than handing them out to everyone that walks through the virtual door.

eg. http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14212

Lol. Me and Zapper have the most posts out of all those apps.

PS: Sofar 41 apps have been accepted in like 4 days.

SilentGuns
16 Feb 2009, 01:22pm
This is what will happen with 50% of the people who apply for reg : They make a forum account and not touch it for months thus leaving the forum with a lot of useless accounts that need to be deleted.

Well , time to move on . Lets stop posting under this thread . Next poster is gay.

Jaffa
16 Feb 2009, 01:30pm
All the reg tag is is to help attract people to our community and stick around. Its not a position like admin, but a tag that makes people feel they belng to SG. Give it to as many people (obviously excluding those who grief etc) as who want it

SneakySnake
16 Feb 2009, 01:32pm
Silent_guns;153605']This is what will happen with 50% of the people who apply for reg : They make a forum account and not touch it for months thus leaving the forum with a lot of useless accounts that need to be deleted.

Well , time to move one . Lets stop posting under this thread . Next poster is gay.

All the reg tag is is to help attract people to our community and stick around. Its not a position like admin, but a tag that makes people feel they belng to SG. Give it to as many people (obviously excluding those who grief etc) as who want it

Teehee.

Chêvouÿx
16 Feb 2009, 01:32pm

I am all for the community to grow.

But it makes us look bad if we just hand out reg tags freely, truthfully. Regs should be people who are productive.

In fact:

Regulars are members who support the community by setting examples for newer players and by proudly displaying our community tag. In order to become a regular you must fill out the "Join SteamGamers" form and must remain ban free or risk losing your regular status.

People who make one post, people who will never come on the forums or vent ever again are not settings examples for new players, are not proudly displaying a community tag, and especially are not going to be productive or helpful whatsoever.

I am content with the new system. But we need to redo this Reg application stuff. Beyond that, the new system is working fine to be honest.

Resistance
16 Feb 2009, 01:47pm
True to that, avro.

I mean when I got approved, I actually noticed i'm spending more time with [SG] now. Most of the people that are applying for a Reg tag, are either someone that JUST made a new account or something else.

I am not opposing to expand the community. It's just not right though. Giving people a SG.Reg tag to whom some people might not even know is like saying....

"Hey grab this flag saying "TERRORISM IS THE BEST" in Washington D.C." It's just asking for a riot.

Give it to people who you can trust. Not to people who just came in here to get a SG.Reg tag and then leaves and never comes back.

Like I said, I like what your doing to make the community bigger, but just PLEASE, pick people who are responsible.

Mod

SneakySnake
16 Feb 2009, 01:59pm
Remove my Reg status NOW! Lol. Just bought Supporter.

GrayFox
16 Feb 2009, 02:45pm
Can I ask for a serious response to why HG was taken away? Sure we're adding promoting new members, but it feels like us old members were demoted.

barackobama
16 Feb 2009, 03:09pm
Okay, well here is the answer, nice and clear.

IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE, IT WILL STAY THE SAME. NO CHANGES WILL BE DONE TO THE REG. PLEASE STOP MOANING.

GrayFox
16 Feb 2009, 03:10pm
Okay, well here is the answer, nice and clear.

IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE, IT WILL STAY THE SAME. NO CHANGES WILL BE DONE TO THE REG. PLEASE STOP MOANING.

No I asked about HG. Everyone seems to be avoiding this question.

barackobama
16 Feb 2009, 03:11pm
For now, HG's will stay white.

Pancake Batter
16 Feb 2009, 03:30pm
I'm just going to say that all of these Reg applications clogging up the forums everytime I check any new posts is really annoying. I'm indifferent about the whole reg issue though.

Wrathek
16 Feb 2009, 03:36pm
can I moan? my application was deleted and im not sure why :(

SneakySnake
16 Feb 2009, 04:49pm
can I moan? my application was deleted and im not sure why :(

Re-make it. ill support you:toung:

barackobama
16 Feb 2009, 04:53pm
Applying for reg will stay the same for now, sorry.

Haggard
16 Feb 2009, 05:09pm
Reg is a group for people who want to show their support and become active members of this community. We have NEVER required that regulars have a specific amount of posts or wait a certain period of time. If a person is ban free for a good amount of time (month plus) they will be allowed to use the tag. If they abuse that right and get banned we will remove the tag.

My only question is who told you guys to support or deny regs. Don't waste your time approving or denying regs. It is not a position that requires your approval.

If I can I will make it so people cannot reply to the requests.